Anastasia or Capeci?

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/13/20 01:47 AM

Posted By: Jshov31

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/13/20 01:50 AM

Good stuff Moe!!
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/13/20 11:42 AM

Anastasia is better, but Capeci isn't too far behind.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/16/20 07:13 PM

Anastasia, simply because that greedy prick Capeci charges now for his columns !!
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/16/20 11:23 PM

George is a Philly mob encyclopedia.

This guy is getting out now, from a crime committed in 88, he likes unicorns and is a Virgo........AB- blood

Dave seems to ask George questions during the shows. George never asks Dave anything.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/17/20 03:09 AM

georges blood n honor is the greatest mob book evver wrote IMO. 2 place Murder machine. i might try to find a old used copy of each
Posted By: ColonelReb

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/17/20 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
Anastasia, simply because that greedy prick Capeci charges now for his columns !!

Anastasia and Mayo face made their mob talk monetary subscription based also
Posted By: chin_gigante

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/17/20 11:25 AM

I don't mind the subscriptions. Works out at about $1 per article on Gang Land and $1 per month on Mob Talk Sitdown
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/17/20 03:12 PM

Capeci covered and (covers) a huge geographic area. NYC is a "beast" unto itself. Philly by comparison is a much smaller venue and "news beat" so to speak.

Both are good. But back in the day for my money Capeci was better. Nowadays with the vastly reduced underworld out there operating, both are limited in what they can write about. So its a different ballgame
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/17/20 03:24 PM

Just off the cuff here, but I think years ago Capeci had informants on the inside telling him stuff. His reporting was crazy accurate
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/17/20 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by majicrat
Just off the cuff here, but I think years ago Capeci had informants on the inside telling him stuff. His reporting was crazy accurate

Yes I agree. Good inside police sources and a few mob guys.

But nowadays I think whatever sources he had have largely dried up, because his reporting is not even close to the "quality" of what it once was.

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/17/20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by majicrat

And agents...Guaranteed Devecchio was one of them
Posted By: irishkaos

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/17/20 06:13 PM

Capeci might be the better reporter, but Anastasia is the better writer in my opinion. Blood and Honor is possibly the greatest mob book ever written, Capeci has nothing on that level.

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/17/20 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by chin_gigante
I don't mind the subscriptions. Works out at about $1 per article on Gang Land and $1 per month on Mob Talk Sitdown

I refuse out of principle..He gets money from advertisers and wants to squeeze more out of the readers who supported him all those years !!
Posted By: chin_gigante

Re: Anastasia or Capeci? - 12/17/20 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
Originally Posted by chin_gigante

I refuse out of principle..He gets money from advertisers and wants to squeeze more out of the readers who supported him all those years !!

I haven't seen many ads on the website over the years
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET