Home

The Joseph Bonanno Family

Posted By: NYMafia

The Joseph Bonanno Family - 12/07/20 02:54 AM

The rich history of the Joseph Bonanno Family has produced many interesting mafiosi and mobsters over the years.

We here at ButtonGuys decided to create a pictorial composite for many of the membership who operated through the last century of their existence. We have 147 varied Bonanno members profiled with mugshots and thumbnail sketches about who they were, and how they operated.

We think you’ll enjoy our little underworld pictorial. Bringing to life on one continuous page many of the storied names you’ve read about through the years.

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/2020/12/06/bonanno-family-pictorial/
Posted By: Njein

Re: The Joseph Bonanno Family - 12/07/20 10:50 PM

Would love to hear a future article on Jimmy Legs Episcopia. Was he involved in the Banana Wars and Donnie Brasco?
Posted By: Stugotz

Re: The Joseph Bonanno Family - 12/08/20 12:04 AM

When Joe Bananas was trying to eliminate Commission members Luchesse, Gambino and Magadino what was his relationship with Vito Genovese? Never hear much about this...
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: The Joseph Bonanno Family - 12/08/20 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Stugotz
When Joe Bananas was trying to eliminate Commission members Luchesse, Gambino and Magadino what was his relationship with Vito Genovese? Never hear much about this...

He had a good relationship with Vito Genovese
Posted By: pmac

Re: The Joseph Bonanno Family - 12/08/20 04:01 AM

never thought of it. good qustion
Posted By: Dob_Peppino

Re: The Joseph Bonanno Family - 12/08/20 05:16 AM

Great work!! I enjoyed it. Obviously you can't include everyone but this was interesting.
Posted By: Malavita

Re: The Joseph Bonanno Family - 12/08/20 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Njein
Would love to hear a future article on Jimmy Legs Episcopia. Was he involved in the Banana Wars and Donnie Brasco?

I think he was too young for the Banana wars but he was very familiar with Donnie Brasco.

Jimmy Legs was part of Sonny Black's crew so he knew Donnie Brasco very well. He is mentioned a few times in Pistone's book.

Re: The Joseph Bonanno Family - 12/08/20 05:36 AM

Jimmy Legs was around during the Bananas war, he sided with Di Gregorio-Sciacca- Rastelli.

@NYM the only prominent members I'd say are missing, (Ironically you used one of the photos) Nick Guastella and Joe Venza (both photographed with Bonanno). Guastella represented Bonanno in Northern California and Venza ran his early Tuscon operations for years. Really gives the Family more scope. Nevertheless, Fantastic article.

Re: The Joseph Bonanno Family - 12/14/20 02:01 AM

Since these guys were in similar positions I am curious who do you think was more powerful in their own right, capable and dangerous? TOMMY BILOTTI or JOHNNY MORALE?
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: The Joseph Bonanno Family - 12/14/20 03:04 AM

Johnny Morale, unlike Bilotti, he could think for himself, and make a lot more money than Bilotti.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET