Home

The Italian Mafia’s Infiltration of Costa Rica

Posted By: Hollander

The Italian Mafia’s Infiltration of Costa Rica - 10/18/20 12:17 PM

https://www.insightcrime.org/news/analysis/salvatore-ponzo-italian-mafia-costa-rica/
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: The Italian Mafia’s Infiltration of Costa Rica - 10/18/20 12:32 PM

---
I just read this entire article. Excellent. I really enjoyed it. It seems Costa Rica has definitely become a haven for mafiosi, especially the Calabrese.

This exporting of "fruit" to Europe and the United States by the N'drangheta reminds me of a case not too many years ago involving the Gigliotti family (husband, wife and son) who ran a fruit wholesale import-export firm up in the Bronx, and an Italian restaurant in Corona, Queens, that became the hub of a transatlantic cocaine smuggling ring. They ran from Costa Rica to Europe using the U.S. as a stopover point.

They were all busted and jailed for double-digits, but the case showed a clear connection to their brethren back in Calabria.

Re: The Italian Mafia’s Infiltration of Costa Rica - 10/18/20 12:42 PM

Yes NY Mafia, Christopher Castellano was shot dead outside of his 79th St. townhouse in Howard Beach on the Fourth of July, 2010. He was an police informer against those guys.
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: The Italian Mafia’s Infiltration of Costa Rica - 10/18/20 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander
Yes NY Mafia, Christopher Castellano was shot dead outside of his 79th St. townhouse in Howard Beach on the Fourth of July, 2010. He was an police informer against those guys.

Yes, I remember that incident very well. They shot him dead on the street. They waited for him between 2 parked cars. He was a straight up rat. The gunshots were first mistaken for firecrackers by area residents.
Posted By: m2w

Re: The Italian Mafia’s Infiltration of Costa Rica - 10/18/20 01:16 PM

the ponzo's are linked to sicilian mafia clans from catania

Re: The Italian Mafia’s Infiltration of Costa Rica - 10/18/20 09:52 PM

One of the big drug brokers is based over there for over 20 years; Natale Scali (Gioiosa Jonica) he owns a construction company, shopping mall and hotel in Costa Rica. Scali was involved in 2002 in the “Takeoff” operation, when they arrested 159 people.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET