Home

Next up on deck.... Chicago!

Posted By: NYMafia

Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 08/28/20 01:44 AM

Hi, I'm "The Other Guy"... just wanted to whet the whistle of our forum members who's thing is the Windy City.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on what I view as a series of unique thumbnail profiles on the Chicago boys.

If well received this may be the first of several exposes' on Illinois.......... look for it soon ok fellas!
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 08/28/20 02:02 PM

100% will check it out

Re: Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 08/28/20 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
100% will check it out

Thanks pal
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 08/28/20 07:34 PM

I find Rockford very interesting if you branch out that way.

Re: Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 08/28/20 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by alicecooper
I find Rockford very interesting if you branch out that way.

I actually just wrote an extensive article not more than a few weeks back on The Zammuto Family of Rockford, IL

Check through the threads and you'll find it. Or visit our ButtonGUys site and clink into the "Friends of Ours" link.

Let me know what you think of it ok AliceC
Posted By: berzerkers53

Re: Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 10/20/20 04:08 PM

Rockford has a very extensive outfit related history. Most of the families involved in the "pizza connection" from the area are still involved in the restaurant business
Posted By: Njein

Re: Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 10/20/20 04:46 PM

@NYMafia, I love your articles. Are there any comprehensive charts on the families in the 1950s/60s?

Re: Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 10/20/20 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Njein
@NYMafia, I love your articles. Are there any comprehensive charts on the families in the 1950s/60s?

The only hierarchical chart I created so far is one for 1980s era Colombo Family. But I do have many mini charts interspersed at the bottom of some of the smaller out of state borgatas I've done histories for: San Jose, San Francisco, Cleveland, etc (if memory serves me)

Check them out under our "Friends of Ours" section. If you click into some of the various "regime" stories and scroll to the bottoms I list them. Entire Families as well as crews; Lombardozzi, Franzese, etc.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 10/21/20 05:20 AM

your articles are the best... can't wait for the info on the chicago outfit, that info should keep you busy, they ruled chicago with an iron hand.
do you know of parrot potenza.............. nobody does.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 10/21/20 09:31 AM

Yeah I'm excited about it too

Re: Next up on deck.... Chicago! - 10/21/20 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
Yeah I'm excited about it too

To create an entire breakdown or chart of Chicago would be a daunting task. It is something that I would need to spend months on, so I leaving that for another day.
But here the article that I was speaking of in this thread. Hope you enjoy it.

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/chicago-outfit-wiseguys-of-the-windy-city/

This article gives in-depth thumbnails on over 35 of their key members. Next go around I'll highlight a few more.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET