Home

The Guarnieri Regime of Binghamton, NY

Posted By: NYMafia

The Guarnieri Regime of Binghamton, NY - 05/20/20 12:32 AM

The Guarnieri Regime of Binghamton, NY

The story of Anthony (Gov) Guarnieri and the Binghampton, NY regime he headed first for Joe Barbara and later the new boss Rosario Bufalino.

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/guarnieri-regime-binghampton-new-york/
Posted By: ScottD

Re: The Guarnieri Regime of Binghamton, NY - 05/20/20 04:16 PM

Good stuff! I have some info on Guaneri in Florida, I'll see if I can find.

I did notice this- "when they relocated down to Stuart, in the Fort Lauderdale section of South Florida." Stuart is a city in Martin County, about 80/85 miles north of Ft. Lauderdale. Not sure if he moved there? I think I also have his addresses in Florida during the 80s (form Operation Cherokee). If I can find them, I'll post as well.

Re: The Guarnieri Regime of Binghamton, NY - 05/20/20 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by ScottD

I did notice this- "when they relocated down to Stuart, in the Fort Lauderdale section of South Florida." Stuart is a city in Martin County, about 80/85 miles north of Ft. Lauderdale. Not sure if he moved there? I think I also have his addresses in Florida during the 80s (form Operation Cherokee). If I can find them, I'll post as well.

Thank you.

Re: The Guarnieri Regime of Binghamton, NY - 06/30/20 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by ScottD

I guess I never answered this question....from the Other Guy:

ScottD, Guarneri has in fact relocated down to Florida by that time. He was operating in tandem with Eddie Sciandra, who had become the acting boss. A few others from Upstate New York State like Stanley Reppucci had moved down to Florida as well. “Gov“ had a half dozen associates he formed a crew around. Charlie Lips Fratello was alleged to be an inducted soldier operating under him down there as well.

He worked with a few Gambino guys like Covello and others. He handled swag, counterfeit watches and clothes, bookmaking, etc. unfortunately he got sucked into a scheme to move marijuana as well.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: The Guarnieri Regime of Binghamton, NY - 06/30/20 01:39 AM

Charles Fratello was his point man down there.
Posted By: Jshov31

Re: The Guarnieri Regime of Binghamton, NY - 07/04/20 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Charles Fratello was his point man down there.

Yes he was and Lips was made.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: The Guarnieri Regime of Binghamton, NY - 07/04/20 03:00 AM

Charles "Charlie Lips" Fratello is made. He is still alive as far as I know.

Re: The Guarnieri Regime of Binghamton, NY - 07/19/20 08:57 AM

By the time that Gov Guarnieri, Eddie Sciandra and a few others were living in Florida the Family was on its last legs. Fratello was a Johnny come lately of sorts to their crew.

From the sounds of the circumstances surrounding Fratello shooting a guy to death in the kitchen of his own bar, The Seminole Lounge, this Charlie Lips sounds like a half-wit. WTF kills a guy in front of witnesses while the joint is open in your own place no less? And you're a "good fella"? This is supposed to be planned if anything. And you NEED permission before you leap.

That alone tells you Fratello was a loose cannon, and numbskull.... quite frankly, despite what police have stated about him being "made", it truly make me wonder about any formal membership of his.

He may not have been, and was misidentified because of his close association with Guarnieri and other members. That has happened many times in the past, with an incorrect "assessment" of a guys status. But if he was, then I do think it shows the quality (or lack thereof) of those last made members.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET