Home

Mount Vernon Bookmakers

Posted By: jtsterling

Mount Vernon Bookmakers - 05/12/20 05:31 PM

Frank Imbrogno ran illegal gambling and bookmaking operations in his Mount Vernon, NY neighborhood. He was busted more than a few times between 1931 and 1946.

At the time of that last arrest in '46, Frank was running an operation from a service station and two adjacent buildings. Not coincidentally, right on the heels of that bust, Anthony "Chick" D'Amore, a Genovese crime family associate, was arrested and charged with running a multi-city bookmaking ring centered in Mount Vernon.

The operation was bringing in $20,000-$30,000 a day ($218,000-$327,000 in today's dollar). A ledger containing names of prominent citizens, local politicians and police officers on the take mysteriously disappeared from evidence during the course of the trial.

20 years later, in 1967, Anthony "Chick" D'Amore was busted again for running a multi-million dollar gambling operation out of the very same service station that Frank Imbrogno had been working out of.

1 Mount Vernon Ave.

Re: Mount Vernon Bookmakers - 05/12/20 07:53 PM

I'm reading a bunch of old papers. They were after "Chick" for a long time. I think his son might be Anthony D'Amore out of Boston. Is that right?
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Mount Vernon Bookmakers - 05/12/20 11:25 PM

what mt vernon are you referring to.

Re: Mount Vernon Bookmakers - 05/13/20 02:06 AM

Sorry about that, Mount Vernon, NY. *fixed the post

Re: Mount Vernon Bookmakers - 05/13/20 02:52 AM

D'Amore was part of the Sabato Milo gambling syndicate.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Mount Vernon Bookmakers - 05/13/20 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by jtsterling
Sorry about that, Mount Vernon, NY. *fixed the post

i lived in mt vernon. my dad was edward pisano and my uncle nick pisano. we lived on 226 north 5th avenue.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET