Home

3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena

Posted By: NYMafia

3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/14/20 05:53 PM

The Third Internal Colombo War: Circa 1991-1993 “Persico vs. Orena”

The Third Colombo War was a 1920s Chicago-style underworld battle that consumed not only the Colombos, but also the other four New York Families as well.

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/third-colombo-war/
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/14/20 11:19 PM

Good read; I think Orena should have been Boss... He was respected and alot of the guys in the family liked him.

Regarding Nicky Grancio and Micheal Franzese; Mike in a recent interview said he was close with Grancio; Anyone know if they had business dealings together?
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/15/20 12:54 AM

Agreed. Good read.

That picture of Grancio is horrible. It makes Angelo Bruno's death pic look like a picture of Jennifer Lawrence from The Fappening.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/15/20 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Agreed. Good read.

That picture of Grancio is horrible. It makes Angelo Bruno's death pic look like a picture of Jennifer Lawrence from The Fappening.

U follow the Fappening 2 Moe? It is amusing huh..
Posted By: TheDon1999

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/15/20 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Good read; I think Orena should have been Boss... He was respected and alot of the guys in the family liked him.

Regarding Nicky Grancio and Micheal Franzese; Mike in a recent interview said he was close with Grancio; Anyone know if they had business dealings together?

imo Persico was more respected and he was established longer than Vic

[Linked Image] - vic sitting next to tommy d. gold mine photo. when was this taken? late 50s or early 1960s?
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/15/20 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by TheDon1999
Originally Posted by Zavattoni

imo Persico was more respected and he was established longer than Vic

[Linked Image] - vic sitting next to tommy d. gold mine photo. when was this taken? late 50s or early 1960s?

Early to mid 60’s
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/15/20 08:01 AM

Joe Colombo was boss when that picture was taken. I believe Carmine Persico was just named capo when that picture was taken. Joey Gallo and some of his people were locked up.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/15/20 07:02 PM

Anyone have any idea how far out on the island the family went? Suffolk County goes to the end so did the family have racquets in Montauk or did they stop in the Shirley area? Maybe Bellport or Patchogue? A lot of money out there any ideas?
Posted By: Shellackhead

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/15/20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by majicrat
Anyone have any idea how far out on the island the family went? Suffolk County goes to the end so did the family have racquets in Montauk or did they stop in the Shirley area? Maybe Bellport or Patchogue? A lot of money out there any ideas?

I was told that a made man from Colombos operates a carting company in my town.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...elony-settlement-tipping-fees-1.36605128
Posted By: majicrat

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/16/20 02:35 PM

Interesting, thanks
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/16/20 09:25 PM

Was Persico and his family really mob royalty? From what I have read, I don’t think he is on the same level of successful mobster as someone like Gigante. I read on here from someone that they really aren’t that wealthy present day and it makes me wonder(if that statement is true, it could very well be bs so don’t take my word for it) what it was all for if the next generation of Persicos didn’t see the financial benefits. Why didn’t everyone want to rally around Allie boy? Did they feel he wasn’t going to be a good boss or were they tired of Carmine’s way of doing things?

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/17/20 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Was Persico and his family really mob royalty? From what I have read, I don’t think he is on the same level of successful mobster as someone like Gigante. I read on here from someone that they really aren’t that wealthy present day and it makes me wonder(if that statement is true, it could very well be bs so don’t take my word for it) what it was all for if the next generation of Persicos didn’t see the financial benefits. Why didn’t everyone want to rally around Allie boy? Did they feel he wasn’t going to be a good boss or were they tired of Carmine’s way of doing things?

No way in hell was Persico on Gigante's level. I read a while back that they didn't even like eachother. I'm still trying to figure out what Corallo; Castellano; Gigante and Rastelli thought about him in 1979-1981 when he was out on the streets.
Posted By: TheDon1999

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/17/20 03:01 AM

a couple of mil is wealthy from carmine persico alone, work it out.

he is not on gigante's level but he is still up there as one of the most successful we've ever seen. and the persico family are in that category for the colombos, allie boy, teddy boy, teddy persico sr etc
Posted By: Shellackhead

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/17/20 05:31 AM

Read a lot into Persico Loyalists Tommy Shots Gioeli’s Bay Parkway Boys, Dino Calabro said that Allie Boy’s position as Street boss when he got out of prison didn’t make the members happy because he wasn’t as connected with them & the streets as he should of been. He was known as “The Reluctant Don” because he spent his time between Brooklyn & Florida
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/22/20 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by TheDon1999

a couple of mil is wealthy from carmine persico alone, work it out.

he is not on gigante's level but he is still up there as one of the most successful we've ever seen. and the persico family are in that category for the colombos, allie boy, teddy boy, teddy persico sr etc

To have a couple million still left for your family after all of his legal fees is big. We obviously don’t know how much money he has. Being the boss pays a big price. There are people who were once under him as mere soldiers who never went to jail and are worth hundreds of millions today.
Posted By: Njein

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/22/20 04:42 PM

Two quick questions about Vic Orena:

1. He was a cousin of Persico, but from which side? Maternal or paternal?
2. When was he inducted into the Colombos?

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/22/20 04:48 PM

Think Orena may have been inducted in the late 60's or maybe sometime after Persico or Tom DiBella became boss.

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/22/20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Njein
Two quick questions about Vic Orena:

1. He was a cousin of Persico, but from which side? Maternal or paternal?
2. When was he inducted into the Colombos?

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/carmine-persico/
Posted By: pmac

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/22/20 05:11 PM

Vice orena was inducted in 80 according to greg scarpa. Colombos weren't allowed to make any new guys after 77 78 cause they inducted to many young guys and probably as the smallest family they had a cap. Joe scopo was made with him I remember reading. Orena was put in little rallies crew. He was probably proposed way back but just had to wait
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 04/22/20 08:12 PM

Carmine was known to have guys made when books were closed and he also knew it could be a problem because he had his brother made in a another family then transferred.

Orena’s are blood and although they say distant cousins the blood feud between Perscio”s and Orena’s was over after lil Allie went away this last time.

The Orena’s are invited to family functions and are able to use the families property’s and are up the farm upstate often now days, you have to remember that there are a ton of woman in that family that have been holding blood business together and are no push overs .

One of them probably Joyce put her foot down and all the kids are aloud to use the up state property to ski and snowmobile and in summer use the facilities up there and like i said its been years since they have been mingling the blood back together.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 05/18/20 03:50 AM

No way the families are now cool! That’s insane. What happened to orenas sons who we made?

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 05/18/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
No way the families are now cool! That’s insane. What happened to orenas sons who we made?

They were shelved and most of others and hang around s killed .

And they are together at family functions and it s the generation after the sons that are up state together and the women of these kids / adults and they absolutely get to use the family compound . I see it with my own eyes.

Don’t forget these are sisters and brothers and first cousins that went through that.

There must be fifteen male 18 - 30 year olds in there families and at least four Carmines , plus many have been coming from Italy for thirty years and more .

And Michael should be home tomorrow and there will be a huge party at a certain compound regardless of masks.
Posted By: VitoCahill

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 05/19/20 06:47 AM

so who's the BOSS???

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 05/19/20 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by VitoCahill
so who's the BOSS???

If you are asking me I could never say ...

I don’t share anything that is not known.....other then stuff that doesn’t have to do with the OC end of it.

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 05/19/20 01:30 PM

I read the chair is waiting for teddy persico. He'll just have to probaly get the blessings from the other family's. Hes in a halfway house in brooklyn. Guy does time. Must have alot of friends from jail. Pluse the royal blood line

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 05/19/20 01:32 PM

It's almost like a lightning rod. Does it mean hes the most powerful in the family probaly not

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 05/19/20 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
It's almost like a lightning rod. Does it mean hes the most powerful in the family probaly not

True on everything you say but he Teddy has bad judgment

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 05/19/20 02:37 PM

Who in the family knows everything, who in the family that knows every racket , who in the family knows all Carmines hidden properties and business.... ? Trust me here that mony from that gas scam and hundreds of others where do you think that money went ?

All assets were paid off (before)unless in Carmines name and if in his name they were kept liquid to the point of foreclosure or bankruptcy in some cases ...

I ask who knows all that its not Teddy ....

The family did not buy houses or planes or travel every three months to a home in Italy or south of France .

But they did invest in real estate and horses whether for racing or stud they did invest Concrete company’s and in apartment buildings or even built them so there is a lot to the family. I am guessing its two different people and one of them is in both .

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 05/19/20 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by VitoCahill
so who's the BOSS???

I doubt it's Andrew Russo but I'm sure he has alot of say in what goes on. Didn't he say on wiretap that he's never going to retire in the life. Guy has to be over 80. Wasn't he Mike Franzese original captain?
Posted By: chin_gigante

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 05/19/20 04:38 PM

About a month ago Jerry Capeci wrote that Andy Russo (now 85) is the acting boss again. He also said that Teddy Persico and Joel Cacace were considered contenders to take over as boss to replace Carmine.

Re: 3rd Colombo War - Persico vs. Orena - 07/19/20 09:22 AM

Majicrat, The Colombo's were well distributed throughout the entire Island. But of course not way out in Montauk. There are no rackets or even large population there to make it worthwhile for them. But throughout all of Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau, and mostly western and middle Suffolk County they were traditionally the most active crew, by far!
Thanks for your interest.
--
to answer another of your questions, Zavattoni, Little Vic was straightened out in the mid-1970's. He was way too young to have gotten it before 1957 when they closed the books. By in late 1975, early 1976, when the books opened he was one of the very first guys to get made. Certainly by 1977 Orena was "there". I honestly think it was 77'
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET