Home

Italian families view on the American families

Posted By: FireHawk

Italian families view on the American families - 04/08/20 04:09 AM

How did the Sicilian Mafia, Camorra, Ndragheta view the American families (five families, outfit)

did they look down on them? back in the golden days of the American mob
Posted By: m2w

Re: Italian families view on the American families - 04/08/20 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by FireHawk
How did the Sicilian Mafia, Camorra, Ndragheta view the American families (five families, outfit)

did they look down on them? back in the golden days of the American mob

the sicilian mafia is by far the closest, i don't know how they view them but i suppose as the same criminal group or almost the same, the founders of the american mafia were sicilian mafia members and they have pretty much same ranks and rules
Posted By: Shellackhead

Re: Italian families view on the American families - 04/08/20 04:08 PM

I read somewhere that the Sicilians thought the Americans were dumb because of how flashy they were compared to themselves.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Italian families view on the American families - 04/08/20 06:42 PM

From the 1930s to about the 1960s I’m sure the Italians were envious of the Italian American mob. That’s why they took the blueprint that the Americans made and were successful with and applied to what they did. They became entrepreneurs much like the Americans and made even more money. Once the Italians started getting involved with cigarettes and drug trafficking then that’s when they passed the Americans.
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Italian families view on the American families - 04/09/20 02:24 PM

I think its not so much what the Italian families view the American families as much as what the Americans viewed the Italians. Early on Italians and Italian Americans were still sorta within reach. I would say over the last 20-25 years, and in todays day in age, the two cultures are vastly different. Esp families that have been here 4-5 generations now. But I think the American mob guys would look at the off the boat guys as rivals more than allies. Whenever you think about a Zip crew/faction in any of the families, they always seem to stay within themselves. Which I'm sure the American guys didnt like too much. So already you had a split between the two. Yes they had to do business with them because thats what the boss wanted.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET