Home

Latin America’s Top 10 Criminal Groups

Posted By: m2w

Latin America’s Top 10 Criminal Groups - 03/17/20 04:32 PM

GameChangers 2019: Latin America’s Top 10 Criminal Groups

[Linked Image]

https://www.insightcrime.org/news/analysis/gamechangers-2019-top-10-criminal-groups/
Posted By: Nitro

Re: Latin America’s Top 10 Criminal Groups - 03/17/20 07:43 PM

I'm very skeptical. There is a lot of political opinion in this ranking. Nothing about the whats happend Río de janeiro.
ELN is outisde Colombia nothing. ELN is in Bogota, Cali, Medellin nothing,
Posted By: m2w

Re: Latin America’s Top 10 Criminal Groups - 03/17/20 07:52 PM

eln is very strong in venezuela and has branches all across colombia, anyway i don't know if it is really the number one, it is subjective...then I thought eln was more of a paramilitary group
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Latin America’s Top 10 Criminal Groups - 03/18/20 05:26 PM

Several groups control the pipe line to Europe seems Suriname and Brazil are major transit countries now. PCC and Clan del Golfo work with the European traffickers.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Latin America’s Top 10 Criminal Groups - 03/18/20 09:14 PM

So Colombia, Mexico, Brazil and El Salvador are the main centers for organized crime in Latin America?
I thought of ELN as a paramilitary group as well, but Colombia has always had a major crossover between paramilitary groups and drug trafficking networks.

I would've thought that the drug trafficking networks in for instance Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico are more organized than those in El Salvador, but maybe they didn't count in the Caribbean.

Suriname tends to be glossed over, but there are major drug trafficking cells at work there. Lots of former Jungle Commando guerrillas are involved as well; plenty of them invested in real estate, sports clubs, etc... in Marowijne.
Posted By: Shellackhead

Re: Latin America’s Top 10 Criminal Groups - 03/18/20 09:22 PM

The Colombian cartel, Cartel Del Golfo used the Dominican Republic to smuggle drugs into the US. Their guy in DR was Cesar “El Abusador”, whom secretly owned over 10 nightclubs in the Dominican capital and laundered money through politicians and former MLB baseball players.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET