Home

Vito Genovese as an earner

Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Vito Genovese as an earner - 02/02/20 01:26 AM

When Vito Genovese was moving up the ranks he was more than just a ruthless killer. He was a great earner/businessman. In 1930, $1,000,000 worth of counterfeit bills and he fled the US with $750,000 in 1936. That is a lot of money today let alone in the 1930s. How did he make that type of money in those days? Drug trafficking? Vito was feared but I think he had so many people on his side against Costello because he was a racketeer as well. They knew that business would still thrive under him. I’m sure Costello was a better businessman but I don’t think Vito was too far behind.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Vito Genovese as an earner - 02/02/20 01:36 AM

Wasnt he the underboss before costello of lucky luchiano family. They probaly were the most advanced in the 30tys. Meyer lansky must have only reported to there family it would make sense even today they have a edge
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Vito Genovese as an earner - 02/02/20 07:22 PM

During prohibition, he was also running liquor supply lines, hijackings, extortion, silent partner in a few profitable speakeasies, counterfeiting, armed robberies at least one bank and a couple of armor cars which back then acted like a mobile ATM, also had a strong presence on the Manhattan docks before the 1930. He also silently owned some racing horses, a lot of mobsters especially the influential members hanged out or visited the tracks a couple times a week back then.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Vito Genovese as an earner - 02/02/20 08:02 PM

Luciano got Vito Genovese to open a factory making sweets and toffees in Sicily for export to the US.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Vito Genovese as an earner - 02/05/20 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
During prohibition, he was also running liquor supply lines, hijackings, extortion, silent partner in a few profitable speakeasies, counterfeiting, armed robberies at least one bank and a couple of armor cars which back then acted like a mobile ATM, also had a strong presence on the Manhattan docks before the 1930. He also silently owned some racing horses, a lot of mobsters especially the influential members hanged out or visited the tracks a couple times a week back then.

I did not know he had that many businesses at that young of an age. The mafia was still not that wealthy at that point so that reflects good on his business acumen.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET