Home

Question about LCN bosses encountering each other

Posted By: Galassi70

Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 12/29/19 06:03 PM

Get ready for a stupid question

When the Commission had meetings was it usually the
Underbosses that attended ?
Or did the actual head of 1 of the 5 Families attend?

And.....was it a unwritten code that the heads of the families could never be seen together at any time ?
Posted By: Shellackhead

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 12/29/19 09:09 PM

I think I read somewhere, before the intense police surveillance started happening, bosses would meet with other bosses along with their underlings. For example a boss can go to the meeting with a Captain, or a UB and discuss business with the other family boss, etc.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 12/29/19 09:23 PM

Before Appalachian, the bosses could meet freely with one another. Afterwards, they tried to meet in secret, with the exception of bosses knowing each other for decades and still meeting in public. Examples of bosses meeting in public are Tony Corallo meeting with Tony Salerno at Salernos club every couple of weeks. Joe Bonanno and Joe Profaci meeting in New Jersey and Brooklyn once a week, westcoast Joe Cerrito and Jimmy Lanza meeting in Santa Clara on the weekends. One on one they could still meet freely, but when there was three or more bosses from different families, they tried to keep it secret.
Posted By: TheLittleMan

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 12/29/19 09:31 PM

Don't forget about the La Stella restaurant meeting in 1966 with Gambino, Colombo, Tommy Eboli, Carlos Marcello and Trafficante plus some underlings. There's still dispute as to the exact reason for the meeting but that's about as brazen as you can get. For anyone interested there's a photo floating around of Gambino and Marcello, both in cuffs.
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 12/29/19 11:19 PM

Joe Bonnano and Tommy Lucchese were at the same Commission meeting, in which Bonnano was lobbying to get Lucchese murdered. Don’t know the other Dons that were present.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 12/30/19 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by TheLittleMan
Don't forget about the La Stella restaurant meeting in 1966 with Gambino, Colombo, Tommy Eboli, Carlos Marcello and Trafficante plus some underlings. There's still dispute as to the exact reason for the meeting but that's about as brazen as you can get. For anyone interested there's a photo floating around of Gambino and Marcello, both in cuffs.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc...Id=9&search=lcn_commission%20meeting

Attached picture index.png
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 12/30/19 08:24 PM

I believe Bonanno Profaci and Mangano used to get together for social picnics along with their families.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 12/30/19 11:08 PM

Once I saw some pictures of Fat Tony and Big Paul leaving some house in Brooklyn or Queens in 1985 and that was supposedly a commission meeting. I'm not sure who else was there but my impressions were everyone (all the bosses were)

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 12/31/19 12:10 AM

Thanks for that furio. That's a document I haven't seen before. You're a good guy, I don't care what anyone else says about you.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 12/31/19 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by azguy
Once I saw some pictures of Fat Tony and Big Paul leaving some house in Brooklyn or Queens in 1985 and that was supposedly a commission meeting. I'm not sure who else was there but my impressions were everyone (all the bosses were)

I believe the pictures you are referring to were taken on Cameron ave. on Staten Island. I think Jerry Langela was there as part of the Colombo representation.

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 01/02/20 02:58 AM

Hey furio I was thinking about the phrase I used in my reply to you. For someone not familiar with that remark I can understand how it can be taken the wrong way and interpreted to be more insulting than it actually is. I hope this isn't the case and you recognized I meant no disrespect.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 01/02/20 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by TheLittleMan
Hey furio I was thinking about the phrase I used in my reply to you. For someone not familiar with that remark I can understand how it can be taken the wrong way and interpreted to be more insulting than it actually is. I hope this isn't the case and you recognized I meant no disrespect.

No problem TheLittleMan. I understood what are you said.
Sometimes I wrote bullshits and I know that not everyone on the forum think that Im a nice guy but this doesnt matter for me.
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 01/03/20 06:12 PM

A earlier topic that I posted a year or two ago; There was a commission meeting at Bari's Resteraunt. It included 4 families;

Huddled around Pizza ovens and Industrial mixing; You had

Anthony Corallo and Tom Mix Santoro - Lucchese
Paul Castellano and Joe Gallo - Gambino's
Jerry Langella and Donny Shacks - Colombo's
Vincent Gigante and Anthony Salerno - Genovese

The meeting got compromised by FBI and other LE tasks force but this is still the biggest meeting of the NYC families that i know about. I don't think anyone got arrested. They all managed to escape.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Question about LCN bosses encountering each other - 01/03/20 07:06 PM

How about when Joe Ligambi met with John and Joe Gambino, Scoops Licata, Lorenzo Mannino, young Truchio and others that was taped by Nicky Skins Stefanelli at a New Jersey restaurant?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET