Home

Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo

Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/27/19 04:03 AM

https://www.cosanostranews.com/2019/12/root-cause-of-nicky-corozzos-rivalry.html?m=1

The Gotti and Corozzo rivalry is talked about in the very beginning of the article.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/27/19 05:13 AM

Those Ruggiano articles are worth checking out
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/27/19 01:26 PM

It’s funny the Corozzo/Gotti rivalry has gone back a long time. I do remember Ruggiano had an issue with Gene Gotti being made before his protege Corozzo so Neil agreed to sponsor Corozzo and Ruggiano later agreed to Sponsor John Gotti.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/27/19 03:46 PM

Does anyone know where their rivalry really stems from? I know they’re both from Brooklyn and both were on the rise at the same time. But what made Gotti the faster riser when Corozzo seems to have been a better earner? Such a good earner in.fact that Gotti decided not to kill him when he became boss.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/27/19 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Does anyone know where their rivalry really stems from? I know they’re both from Brooklyn and both were on the rise at the same time. But what made Gotti the faster riser when Corozzo seems to have been a better earner? Such a good earner in.fact that Gotti decided not to kill him when he became boss.

I gotta be honest I don't know the whole reason why their rivalry happened. Corozzo got made before him in April 1977. Technically Gotti was still in prison otherwise he probably would of have been made earlier but who knows. yes Gotti did rise faster mostly because of Fatico and Neil. Around the time when Gotti finally got released and made in October 1977 the Fatico brothers were going through trials so they wanted to take a step back, which opened the door for Gotti to take over that crew. Also Neil has control over certain crews. Although Paul didnt make Gotti an "official" capo of the bergin crew he was only technically an acting captain for a number of years which pissed off gotti even though he still controlled the crew. When gotti became boss there were a number of guys who weren't thrilled like Nicky and Joe Butch. I dunno if Gotti ever thought about killing them because that might have started a war within the family. Like I aid I don't know the whole story of why they had heat but I do know t kind of went back to their inductions

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 12:36 AM

I think I read a while ago that Corozzo’s ancestors came from northern Italy but I could be wrong. If that is the case however, could that have anything to do with him moving slower than Gotti?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by JCrusher
[When gotti became boss there were a number of guys who weren't thrilled like Nicky and Joe Butch. I dunno if Gotti ever thought about killing them because that might have started a war within the family. Like I aid I don't know the whole story of why they had heat but I do know t kind of went back to their inductions
Good point. They had a lot more support than Castellano did. I seriously doubt Gotti would have wanted to deal with that fallout. He steered clear of DeMeo for years for that very reason.
Posted By: AngieColombo

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaboy
[When gotti became boss there were a number of guys who weren't thrilled like Nicky and Joe Butch. I dunno if Gotti ever thought about killing them because that might have started a war within the family. Like I aid I don't know the whole story of why they had heat but I do know t kind of went back to their inductions
Good point. They had a lot more support than Castellano did. I seriously doubt Gotti would have wanted to deal with that fallout. He steered clear of DeMeo for years for that very reason.

That could’ve been crazy both Gotti boys and DeMeo crew were ruthless crazy f*ucks

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by AngieColombo

That could’ve been crazy both Gotti boys and DeMeo crew were ruthless crazy f*ucks

can’t compare the Bergin crew to the Demeo crew. Gotti screw was tough but the Demeo crew was feared by everyone in the mob in NY

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 01:50 AM

Very true. By the way it’s great to see you Pizzaboy!!! . Anyway yes I agree Gotti liked to steer clear of any trouble. He also made peace with Anthony Casso because he was scared of getting into a war with him after everything that happened between them in 86

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 01:55 AM

Very true. By the way it’s great to see you Pizzaboy!!! . Anyway yes I agree Gotti liked to steer clear of any trouble. He also made peace with Anthony Casso because he was scared of getting into a war with him after everything that happened between them in 86

Thanks, bud.
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 02:37 AM

Gregory Scarpa was Northern Italian, if I remember correctly. I think he may have had to endure some prejudice while coming up, as a result, prior to becoming the Grim Reaper.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 01:14 PM

There have always been a few northern italians involved in Italy as well as US and Canada. Most famous in Europe was Francesco Turatello born in Veneto region but he had the right connections through Frank Coppola, also known as "Frankie Three Fingers". He was Coppola's godson.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by MolochioInduced
Gregory Scarpa was Northern Italian, if I remember correctly. I think he may have had to endure some prejudice while coming up, as a result, prior to becoming the Grim Reaper.

That’s correct. Sicilians and southern Calabrese were the majority in the american mafia at one point early on but in general southern Italians were always involved. Northern Italians were a minority but some still thrived in organized crime like Scapra and Canterino despite prejudice early on.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 08:30 PM

can’t compare the Bergin crew to the Demeo crew. Gotti screw was tough but the Demeo crew was feared by everyone in the mob in NY

From what I have read, I think the Gemini crew and the Cherry Hill Gambinos were the toughest crews out there. I think you could add Casso’s crew as well.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 08:32 PM

I didn’t know that Gotti made peace with Casso. I was also very surprised to learn that he backed down from Casso like he did with all of the fire power that he had in the Gambino family at that time.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 09:05 PM

Gotti was tough but he did fear certain people and Casso was one of them. I still don’t know for sure if he really wanted Casso to be hit in 1986. Angelo Ruggiero and Casso hated eachother and after Casso said that Angelo was an idiot Angelo wanted to kill him because he was a hothead. Now obviously Gotti has to of known about it but he was also in jail at the time. But once it failed a Gotti sure as hell did everything he could to make peace with Casso. Casso still ended up killing Eddie Libo in 1990
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/28/19 11:54 PM

i wonder what the chin and fat tony salerno thought about roy and his crew

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/29/19 05:54 AM

Gotti was tough but he did fear certain people and Casso was one of them. I still don’t know for sure if he really wanted Casso to be hit in 1986. Angelo Ruggiero and Casso hated eachother and after Casso said that Angelo was an idiot Angelo wanted to kill him because he was a hothead. Now obviously Gotti has to of known about it but he was also in jail at the time. But once it failed a Gotti sure as hell did everything he could to make peace with Casso. Casso still ended up killing Eddie Libo in 1990

Casso was pretty crazy when it came to killing people. Whether it was ordering it or doing it by his own hand. Maybe that’s why Gotti didn’t want a war with him. Ruggiero was in too high of a position it seems. I know he was Gotti’s best friend but I never hear about him being competent.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/29/19 05:56 AM

They probably looked at them as psychopaths. Did the Genovese family have a crew that was feared on that level? I’m sure they did because I really believe that most crews respected each other and didn’t really fear one another.
Posted By: JC

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/29/19 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks

Casso was pretty crazy when it came to killing people. Whether it was ordering it or doing it by his own hand. Maybe that’s why Gotti didn’t want a war with him. Ruggiero was in too high of a position it seems. I know he was Gotti’s best friend but I never hear about him being competent.

You are so fucking dumb everyone is crazy when they are killing people the Gotti family is a bunch of white trash you wish that you could hook up with those ugly fucking hags retard.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/29/19 05:58 AM

I don’t think Gotti was fearful of Corozzo but I think there’s a possibility he may have been threatened by him. Has Sammy ever talked about Corozzo?
Posted By: JC

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/29/19 06:03 AM

Are you really that dumb that shut up you retard look up people like Fat Tony or Gerry Catena that is what scumb bagas asipre to not ugly hores that couldn't get picked up at a bar in a Syosett.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/29/19 05:08 PM

Rough week there huh pal?
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 12:01 AM

I believe Gotti feared; or was atleast weary of Nino Gaggi.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Zavattoni

I think so too. There’s not much info on Gaggi from what I’ve seen. Just that he was involved with DeMeo.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 12:34 AM

I think John was also wary of the Cherry Hill Gambinos. The way I’ve seen people talk about them on here it seems like they ran their own family and nobody would mess with them.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 12:35 AM

. Gaggi was the real deal as far as being a tough gangster. Even when he became capo he still went on hits(The eppolitos and George Bynum murders). I don’t have much information on the relationship between Gotti and Gaggi during the 70s and early 80s
Posted By: Shellackhead

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 01:47 AM

. Gaggi was the real deal as far as being a tough gangster. Even when he became capo he still went on hits(The eppolitos and George Bynum murders). I don’t have much information on the relationship between Gotti and Gaggi during the 70s and early 80s

Atleast from what I read from Murder Machine, Nino was close to the Gambino hierarchy since the 1950s
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 01:58 AM

Whoah!

Welcome back.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Flushing

Whoah!

Welcome back.

Thank you, kind sir.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 04:36 AM

@Revis_Knicks.

Nino in Jan 86 or sometime around then before he went to prison in April 86 sent one of his guys and called Gotti to a meeting. How the hell can a captain call a boss to a meeting and not get whacked???? Gotti was furious but didn't whack Nino. John feared Gaggi because he was close to the Sicilian faction or something like that.

Your right Revis; Gotti was afraid of the Cherry Hill Gambino's.... He left those guys alone and let them earn. He even went along with John Stanfa becoming boss because Stanfa was Soo close with the Cherry Hills since the 70's.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 04:39 AM

@JCrusher.

Gaggi pretty much owned Gotti during the 70's..... Gotti couldn't do nothing to that man or Roy Demeo

Theres a symbolic relationship tho; Gotti was close to Neil; Gaggi was a protege of Paul Castellano.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Shellackhead

Atleast from what I read from Murder Machine, Nino was close to the Gambino hierarchy since the 1950s

Wasn't he the nephew or cousin of Frank Scalise? Guy was Underboss under Anastasia.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 02:42 PM

@JCrusher.

Gaggi pretty much owned Gotti during the 70's..... Gotti couldn't do nothing to that man or Roy Demeo

Theres a symbolic relationship tho; Gotti was close to Neil; Gaggi was a protege of Paul Castellano.

. Yeah I know. I simply was talking about any interactions they had. In the Late 70s the Gaggi crew was bigtime. Gaggi was close to Paul and they controlled the Demeo crew who not only were feared killers but tremendous earners

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 06:38 PM

@JCrusher.

. Yeah I know. I simply was talking about any interactions they had. In the Late 70s the Gaggi crew was bigtime. Gaggi was close to Paul and they controlled the Demeo crew who not only were feared killers but tremendous earners

Yup you're right. Anyone know if Gaggi and Gotti ever had any real big interactions?

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 07:55 PM

Was Gaggi against killing DeMeo? That was his protégé and it is said that Gotti would not have done anything to Paul as long as Roy was around. By the time Castellano was murdered, Roy was dead and Gaggi was in jail. Did Sammy ever have an extensive relationship with DeMeo and Gaggi? I would assume not if he was on Gotti’s side.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/30/19 08:04 PM

I think Gaggi was an old school gangster. When Paul ordered Roy killed I doubt Gaggi hesitated at all despite being his capo/mentor. Don’t forget Roy also caused a lot of issues. I know Nino was pissed off at the whole Chris Rosenberg/Dominick Ragucci incident as well as other crazy things that crew did
Posted By: pmac

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 12/31/19 12:37 AM

Gaggi was next on pauls hitlist. He was waiting for the car trial to be over he didnt want the bad publicity during the trial. The cops were pissed nino shot a cop. After Paul was killed sammy was sent to talk to nino and told him how hes lucky pauls dead he was on the hitlist. Thinks Gotti n sammy were recording talking about this after nino died in that ladys apartment
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 01/04/20 06:57 PM

When Corozzo was on America's Most Wanted, Bruce Mouw said Gotti was always jealous of him !!

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 01/04/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
When Corozzo was on America's Most Wanted, Bruce Mouw said Gotti was always jealous of him !!

Gotti was jealous of quite a bit of people. From Corozzo to Sammy to even his brother a Gene at a certain point
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 01/05/20 01:01 AM

So D'Amico, Paradiso, Cefalu, Danny Marino, Jo Jo and Little Nicky are all free?
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 01/05/20 03:43 AM

Gotti was jealous of quite a bit of people. From Corozzo to Sammy to even his brother a Gene at a certain point

You're right...For a guy with an ego the size of the Empire State Building, he seemed a little insecure when it came to other capable guys !!

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo - 01/05/20 04:42 AM

You're right...For a guy with an ego the size of the Empire State Building, he seemed a little insecure when it came to other capable guys !!

Yup very insecure
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET