Home

What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano

Posted By: Hollander

What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/07/19 10:46 PM

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a30141975/tony-pro-anthony-provenzano-the-irishman/
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/07/19 10:53 PM

I thought Stephen Graham's accent in the movie was appalling.

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/07/19 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
I thought Stephen Graham's accent in the movie was appalling.

It didn't bother me Moe, for a British actor he does a great job and I like him as an actor since Snatch.
Posted By: pmac

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/07/19 11:42 PM

hbo puts that guy in everything. i liked him in that indy film this is england now hes always playing a gangster in all the usa shit. he on that tom hardy show to hes in everything. whats his father some studio owner

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/07/19 11:44 PM

tony pro seemed like the real deal. was he under bobby manna or bobby manna under him. there both jersey city guys rite?

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/07/19 11:50 PM

I wasn't aware he was a one-time vice-president of the Teamsters.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/08/19 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander

Not the international teamsters. A particular local in NJ

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/08/19 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Extortion

Not the international teamsters. A particular local in NJ

Thanks. I looked it up his brother Salvatore was also vice-president.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/08/19 01:57 AM

The Teamsters Hall they mention in The Irishman in Union City, NJ is still standing there to this day. I just drove by it this AM. The windows are all blacked out lol .

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/08/19 02:24 AM

i liked the movie but i hope deniro and pacino stay far away from any mob movies even tough guy stuff. pesci was great thou and ray romano he might get a surpotring nod.

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/08/19 02:25 AM

deniro was good in joker.

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/08/19 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by pmac
i liked the movie but i hope deniro and pacino stay far away from any mob movies even tough guy stuff. pesci was great thou and ray romano he might get a surpotring nod.

I agree 100% the trilogy of Scorsese is complete, guys like Domenick Lombardozzi and Vincent D'Onofrio are better now.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/09/19 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by DanteMoltisanti
The Teamsters Hall they mention in The Irishman in Union City, NJ is still standing there to this day. I just drove by it this AM. The windows are all blacked out lol .

Where do you live?

I work for Verizon in Hudson County and we just ran Fios into the Teamsters building....My coworker asked the person in there, “Is Hoffa buried in here?”

A very ODD thing to see in the ground floor of that building is, A HUGE bank style safe with a round door that I could barely move with all my might. I weigh 195lbs.
It was either an old bank building or the spot where Tony Pro and Jimmy stored all the Teamster’s loot.

The building is still in use BUT, you cannot just walk in. A contact had to let us in.

Another irony about the building now is, day laborers hang right outside of it....Basically spitting on unions.

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/10/19 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianIrishMix
Originally Posted by DanteMoltisanti

Where do you live?

I work for Verizon in Hudson County and we just ran Fios into the Teamsters building....My coworker asked the person in there, “Is Hoffa buried in here?”

A very ODD thing to see in the ground floor of that building is, A HUGE bank style safe with a round door that I could barely move with all my might. I weigh 195lbs.
It was either an old bank building or the spot where Tony Pro and Jimmy stored all the Teamster’s loot.

The building is still in use BUT, you cannot just walk in. A contact had to let us in.

Another irony about the building now is, day laborers hang right outside of it....Basically spitting on unions.

I live in Jersey
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/10/19 04:36 AM

tony pro seemed like the real deal. was he under bobby manna or bobby manna under him. there both jersey city guys rite?

Tony Pro was originally from downtown. He was groomed by Cockeyed Nick Rattenni, the powerhouse Bronx/Yonkers captain, who was one of Costello's most ardent allies. He was quite a bit younger than Rattenni but served as Rattenni's best man when he was only about 18 and Rattenni was in his early 30's. He also stood Godfather to Nick's adopted son. When Pro grew in power and took over his first Jersey local, he moved there and eventually split his time between New York and Florida. He walked a fine line between the white collar and blue collar factions of the family. But his bread was always buttered by the more subdued white collar faction. He was one of the few who could keep strong relations with both the Costello and Genovese factions. But in my opinion he was a Costello man at heart. The golf, the friendships with politicians, the country clubs, the sojourns to Palm Springs. You didn't catch Genovese trying to become upwardly mobile. Pro was also very close to Jimmy Alo and Jerry Catena as well. The Genovese family always had a knack for having one guy who could straddle the ranks between Jersey and New York. And from the '50s to the '70s, Pro was that guy. I've heard that, in his later years on the street, when Tino Fiumara was making a name for himself, that Pro wasn't a fan. But Tino was close to Fat Tony and a money machine for Tieri, and Lombardo, so there wasn't much he could do about it. So he WAS a major union force, and a captain, but he never quite had the power on the street of Salerno, Ianiello, Lombardo or Tieri. But he was well liked by both factions made a shit ton of money.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/10/19 05:04 AM

Glad to see you posting pizzaboy. I’ve only been around here a couple of years but I know you have a great reputation around here.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/10/19 12:49 PM

PB! Long time no post! How did you like the movie?
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/11/19 12:26 AM

Good question. I don’t know much about Manna or what he was involved in but I know he was a Jersey guy who was close to the top so I would think that Tony Pro knew him at least. As mentioned in here, Tony Pro was a tremendous earner for the family. Not sure about Manna in that department. I think I read that Anthony Strollo was close to Tony Pro but I could be mixing him up with somebody else.

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/11/19 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks

Good question. I don’t know much about Manna or what he was involved in but I know he was a Jersey guy who was close to the top so I would think that Tony Pro knew him at least. As mentioned in here, Tony Pro was a tremendous earner for the family. Not sure about Manna in that department. I think I read that Anthony Strollo was close to Tony Pro but I could be mixing him up with somebody else.

There is a pretty well-known surveillance photo of Manna with Bufalino.

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/11/19 08:53 AM

What was it about Manna that made Chin take a shine to him exactly? Was it because of his brains, ability to generate money, or something else? Chin was always very careful about who he put around himself.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/12/19 04:23 AM

What was it about Manna that made Chin take a shine to him exactly? Was it because of his brains, ability to generate money, or something else? Chin was always very careful about who he put around himself.

Scarfo said that Manna had brains. He'd done I think 7 years for not testifying before the NJ State Commission of Investigation into organized crime. Also, despite being based in NJ, he was a member of Chin's crew.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/12/19 07:34 PM

What was it about Manna that made Chin take a shine to him exactly? Was it because of his brains, ability to generate money, or something else? Chin was always very careful about who he put around himself. [/quote]

Scarfo said that Manna had brains. He'd done I think 7 years for not testifying before the NJ State Commission of Investigation into organized crime. Also, despite being based in NJ, he was a member of Chin's crew.[/quote]

Bobby Manna grew up on the same streets as Mayer Lansky ......By the lower east side Manhattan.... Moved to Jersey in his 40s ....him and chin grew up together

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/13/19 04:54 AM

I did not know that. I read that he rented an apartment near Chin to stay close to him.

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 12/30/19 02:04 PM

Provenzano crew, do we have more names?

Anthony Provenzano
Nunzio Provenzano
Salvatore Provenzano
Stephen Andretta
Thomas Andrettta
Gabriel Briguglio
Salvatore Briguglio
Harold Koningsberg
Armand Faugno
Frederick Furino
Salvatore Sinno (turncoat)
Ralph Picardo
Andrew Reynolds

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 01/01/20 07:59 PM

Graham told on the Norton show yesterday his first encounter with Joe Pesci, with Graham describing it as: “Awkward is not the word.

“It was the first couple of days of filming, and I was told that he wanted to see me. He asked, ‘Where are you from?’ I said, ‘I’m from England, Liverpool’ and he went, ‘You’re not Italian?’ I apologised for it and he was like, ‘Okay, you’d better do this right,’ to which I said, ‘I’ll do my best.’”

The actor mentioned that Pesci then told him he “wanted his role” in the film, adding: “I was like, ‘But your part’s massive, you’ve got loads to do.’ And he said, ’I knew Tony [Provenzano, Stephen’s character] so make sure you do a good job.’ The meeting really couldn’t have got any worse!

“A few days later he came up to me and said, ’You’re doing really well, come and have some dinner. But then he said, ’Why are you talking like that? Why don’t you talk as your character so I can understand you?’”

LOL
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 01/01/20 09:59 PM

Manna is in the joint probably trying to be somewhat of a mentor to young guys that have little respect for the thing they took a oath for and possibly there life .

Scarfo jr. May not be the biggest the toughest or the best earner but he sure understands what oath he fucken took .

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 01/01/20 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Serpiente
Manna is in the joint probably trying to be somewhat of a mentor to young guys that have little respect for the thing they took a oath for and possibly there life .

Scarfo jr. May not be the biggest the toughest or the best earner but he sure understands what oath he fucken took .

Have you heard from anyone in Ducktown how Nicky Jr. is holding up? Did he use up all of his appeals yet?His sentence to me seems extremely harsh for a white collar crime but he also has two previous Federal Convictions.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 01/01/20 11:37 PM

DANTE

I ask Chris how are things but I don’t ask about his appeals but I will next time I see him . Him and his boys are doing well in business and of course thankful for his son turning his life around. I sure you know of what I say.

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 01/02/20 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Serpiente
DANTE

I ask Chris how are things but I don’t ask about his appeals but I will next time I see him . Him and his boys are doing well in business and of course thankful for his son turning his life around. I sure you know of what I say.

Yeah I’ve been avoiding AC lately, I blow way too much money and all the late nights have started to take a toll on my body. Ok, I went 20 days without setting foot in AC which was the longest stretch of my adult life lol . I’m a full blown degenerate, always need action
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 01/02/20 04:08 AM

Graham told on the Norton show yesterday his first encounter with Joe Pesci, with Graham describing it as: “Awkward is not the word.

“It was the first couple of days of filming, and I was told that he wanted to see me. He asked, ‘Where are you from?’ I said, ‘I’m from England, Liverpool’ and he went, ‘You’re not Italian?’ I apologised for it and he was like, ‘Okay, you’d better do this right,’ to which I said, ‘I’ll do my best.’”

The actor mentioned that Pesci then told him he “wanted his role” in the film, adding: “I was like, ‘But your part’s massive, you’ve got loads to do.’ And he said, ’I knew Tony [Provenzano, Stephen’s character] so make sure you do a good job.’ The meeting really couldn’t have got any worse!

“A few days later he came up to me and said, ’You’re doing really well, come and have some dinner. But then he said, ’Why are you talking like that? Why don’t you talk as your character so I can understand you?’”

LOL

I have to check that out. That's great.

Pesci says in that dinner conversation that's available on Netflix that he was ready to play Pro but Scorsese insisted he play a boss this time. He also hinted that he knew Pro, talking about how much Pro hated Hoffa. I read something long ago about actors with mob representation and it alleged Pesci was with someone in the Genovese family. Anyone else heard of that?
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 01/02/20 05:33 AM

I heard it was a gambino capo he was with. Can’t remember the name.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 01/03/20 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
I heard it was a gambino capo he was with. Can’t remember the name.

I asked this question a while back cant find the damn thread... but i think ur thinking of Bobby Cabert he was gambino skipper that Pesci was hangin w and hes the actual gangster who said that scene that won him an Oscar in Goodfellas the “Funny How” scene at the Bamboo.. i read Pesci either told Scorsese the story and he told him to use it or he improved it and Marty was blown the fuck away...

Altho the capo i think Pesci was with was Joe Dente of the Genovese? Altho in that Jersey Boys movie it was Gyp DeCarlo...PB would know im pry dicking this up, but i know for Bobby Cabert the Gambino skipper is who he got that scene from bc he was a fuckin lunatic
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 01/03/20 05:28 AM

Joe Dente.

That was the name. Without a doubt. Thank you Mikey. I don't remember the specifics just remember reading some piece alleging that Pesci was pretty much "with" him, whatever that means. The article was about how actors from mob neighborhoods used to have sponsors in the mob who helped them get work. Supposedly Burt Young had one, too.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: What We Know About Anthony "Tony Pro" Provenzano - 01/03/20 06:07 AM

Interesting mikey, oak.

So it was safe to say that joe Pesci was fully connected!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET