Home

Philadelphia Brothers

Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Philadelphia Brothers - 10/25/19 09:13 PM

I did a couple of searches but can't find any info so I figure someone on here knows the answer...

I was watching a documentary on Philly and it talked about two (?) brothers who were active in the 70s & early 80s but were "independent" as they didn't kick up. I can't remember their names and wanted to read more. If anyone knows or can point me the correct post I'd appreciate it.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Philadelphia Brothers - 10/25/19 10:01 PM

was one a boxer? if it was i read he was a fni informant
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Philadelphia Brothers - 10/26/19 12:00 AM

Two big bookmakers and Shylock ? The one brother much more active then the other but both were big under same enterprise?

If so they kicked up , just took advantage when they could and liked to tell it.
Posted By: VitoSpatafore

Re: Philadelphia Brothers - 10/28/19 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mikey_Sunset
I did a couple of searches but can't find any info so I figure someone on here knows the answer...

I was watching a documentary on Philly and it talked about two (?) brothers who were active in the 70s & early 80s but were "independent" as they didn't kick up. I can't remember their names and wanted to read more. If anyone knows or can point me the correct post I'd appreciate it.

The Riccobenes
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Philadelphia Brothers - 10/28/19 08:03 PM

Vito - that's them! Thanks.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Philadelphia Brothers - 10/28/19 11:40 PM

Was scarfo a victim of his era? Could the riccobene war have been prevented?
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Philadelphia Brothers - 10/29/19 12:18 PM

If you listen how everything played out leading up to him being boss, you can say he was a victim of his era. The last two bosses were murdered. Now he comes to be boss and he has new rules. Despite arrangements with prior Dons, Riccobene was disobeying the Philly boss. If he doesn't fall in line, others might to the same. "You gotta kill people. And you gotta keep on killing em." Little Nicky
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Philadelphia Brothers - 10/29/19 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by blueracing347
If you listen how everything played out leading up to him being boss, you can say he was a victim of his era. The last two bosses were murdered. Now he comes to be boss and he has new rules. Despite arrangements with prior Dons, Riccobene was disobeying the Philly boss. If he doesn't fall in line, others might to the same. "You gotta kill people. And you gotta keep on killing em." Little Nicky

Westside would of thought he was week and they had there hand out constantly as it was. You know if those two families ( Westside and Scarfo )they would of done real good going forward and they would of got Gotti but Feds were able to get in both families. Fucken got Bobby Mana and others on a bug that crushed them.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Philadelphia Brothers - 10/30/19 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by thebigfella
Was scarfo a victim of his era? Could the riccobene war have been prevented?

I dont think. Riccobene run an indipendent crew and just pay a tribute to Bruno while Scarfo wanted a piece of every Riccobene rackets plus Henry doesnt respect Scarfo and refused every agreement and killed Frank Monte the family consigliere in 1982.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Philadelphia Brothers - 11/01/19 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by VitoSpatafore
Originally Posted by Mikey_Sunset

The Riccobenes

I was going 2 say the same & maybe the Marconi Bros. as I think they might have had a little leeway w/ Bruno...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET