Home

Family Associates

Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Family Associates - 08/09/19 01:56 PM

I'm always interested in the non made guys who carried alot of weight on the street. The Joe Watts, Gerard Ouimette, Jimmy Burke etc's of the world. Whether they earn, do hits, muscle, whatever it is. They contribute to keeping the wheels of the families greased. I'm curious to know more about associates who carried that type of weight in any era. I want to open up the discussion to guys nationwide. Any of the families.....
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Family Associates - 08/09/19 03:25 PM

I am no expert but I believe the Genovese are known for not making some of their big earners who are in garbage.

Papa Smurf and I forget the other guys name...

Good idea would make sense the other families would follow that idea.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Family Associates - 08/09/19 05:31 PM

Morris Levy, who owned Roulette Records, one of the biggest labels in the early R&R years, was an associate of the Genovese Family and one of their biggest earners. He was indicted for racketeering and extortion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCdMCWzmMXQ
When you think about this from a Don's perspective, it makes perfect sense to use associates who aren't Italian (like Jimmy Burke, Morris Levy, Hugh "Apples" McIntosh)--anyone who's a good earner. They can't be "made," but, so what, if they're good earners and are loyal. Charlie Luciano pioneered that practice, and through it, brought the US Mafia into the modern era.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET