Home

Terrible Tom Silverstein Dead at 67

Posted By: southend

Terrible Tom Silverstein Dead at 67 - 05/23/19 04:05 PM

Thomas Silverstein served more time in solitary confinement than any other U.S. prisoner in history and he died yesterday at the age of 67

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...orado-thomas-silverstein-dies/index.html
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Terrible Tom Silverstein Dead at 67 - 05/23/19 06:30 PM

Damn he was younger than I thought. Guy must have had a lot of mental fortitude because I know they were really torturing him in there after he killed that guard.
Posted By: VitoSpatafore

Re: Terrible Tom Silverstein Dead at 67 - 05/23/19 06:43 PM

36 years in solitary... wild
Posted By: southend

Re: Terrible Tom Silverstein Dead at 67 - 05/23/19 07:52 PM

The Hot House: Life Inside Leavenworth Prison gives a very detailed look inside Silversteins prison exploits starting with his first murder in prison, he was serving time for robbery I believe when he did that which got him stuck there for life before moving on to Marion where he would make history. The book also details his attempted escape during the "Cuban Crisis" riot at Atlanta USP where the Cubans rioting released him from his solitary cell. I think he saved a guard's life at one point during that as well. They kept him in a cell built specifically for him in the basement of the prison with a fluorescent light on 24/7 for quite some time
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Terrible Tom Silverstein Dead at 67 - 05/25/19 08:20 PM

36 years in solitary...White privilege ??
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Terrible Tom Silverstein Dead at 67 - 05/25/19 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo

I know. It seems pretty sadistic and a major human rights violation to me personally.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Terrible Tom Silverstein Dead at 67 - 05/26/19 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by DiLorenzo

I know. It seems pretty sadistic and a major human rights violation to me personally.

He was a ruthless killer and a high ranking members of the Aryan Brotherhood and killed 3 men. Its not a man that accidently killed someone and was send in solitary because the warden and the oc like to torture the prisoners.
Posted By: Jshov31

Re: Terrible Tom Silverstein Dead at 67 - 06/08/19 10:14 PM

Just finished the book. Solitary is one thing but the way this guy was housed is ridiculous.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET