Home

Toughest Crews

Posted By: majicrat

Toughest Crews - 05/07/19 09:48 PM

In my opinion the Gallo's crew is hard to beat, when you take into account what they did, tried to do and then how successful some of the members became later after the crew disbanded it's hard to beat. Three future bosses and plenty of real gangsters and killers among the others. Thoughts on other crews?

Joe Gallo – murdered in 1972 by Colombo gunmen
Albert "Kid Blast" Gallo Still around with Genovese
Larry Gallo – died of cancer in 1968
Frank "Punchy" Illiano Recently died after being transferred to Genovese family in 1975
Bobby Boriello - transferred to Gambino family in 1972
Nicholas Bianco – transferred to Patriarca family and became boss I believe
Vic Amuso – transferred to Lucchese family and became boss
Joseph "Joe Pesh" Luparelli
Joe Gioelli
Carmine "the Snake" Persico – became long time boss of Colombo family boss, died in 2019
Michael Rizzitello - transferred to Los Angeles Crime Family
John Cutrone
Gerry Basciano
Steve Cirrilo
Joseph Cardiello
Louis Mariani
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/07/19 10:50 PM

All these guys were in the gallo crew! Jeez. No wonder they caused disruption, got some big names in there
Posted By: pmac

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/08/19 12:23 AM

theres alot/ christy tics 19th hole crew. that guy fat andy rivald gotti crew. they both had alot of hitters. greg scapas or actualy it was scarpettis crew
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/08/19 08:27 AM

I bet on the DeMeo crew

https://mafia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:DeMeo_Crew

Anthony "Nino" Gaggi Capo 1921-1988 died of a heat attack while incarcerated on 17th April 1988.

Roy DeMeo Soldier 1941-1983 murdered on 10th January 1983.

Joseph Guglielmo Soldier and DeMeo's right hand man 1928-1983 Murdered in 1983.

Chris Rosenburg associate 1950-1979 murdered in 1979 by the DeMeo Crew.

Anthony Senter associate and "Gemini Twin" 1955- sentenced to life imprisonment on 14th september 1989.

Joseph Testa associate and "Gemini Twin" 1955- sentenced to life imprisonment on 14th september 1989.

Edward Grillo associate 1934-1978 murdered in 1978 by the DeMeo Crew.

Henry Borelli associate 1948- sentenced to life imprisonment in 1986.

Richard DiNome associate and Frederick's brother 1954-1984 murdered on 4th Feburary 1984.

Frederick DiNome associate and Richard's brother 1941-1986 turned rat and entered the witness protection program. he committed suicide on Feburary 11th 1986.

Dominick Montiglio associate 1947- turned rat and entered the witness protection program. along with robert senter he is the only surviving member of the DeMeo crew with freedom.

Vito Arena associate 1930-1991 turned rat and entered the witness protection program. Arena was killed in 1991 while trying to rob a Texas convenience store.

Robert Senter associate and Anthony Senter's uncle 1936- jailed for manslaughter of emmanuel gambino from 1973-1988 has managed to stay clean since his release from jail in 1988.

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/08/19 05:52 PM

Furio, Good list. My only reasoning that it doesn't match Gallo's is Gallo had three become boss of families DeMeo's didn't have any. They were vicious, but they didn't have the balls to instigate a civil war, or kidnap their own families leaders and hold for ransom. Thoughts?
Posted By: Kingscounty

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/08/19 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by majicrat
Furio, Good list. My only reasoning that it doesn't match Gallo's is Gallo had three become boss of families DeMeo's didn't have any. They were vicious, but they didn't have the balls to instigate a civil war, or kidnap their own families leaders and hold for ransom. Thoughts?

I’d also add to your point that the Gallo crew had few if any turn informant where DeMeo’s crew had several.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/08/19 07:47 PM

Following your thoughts,every crew that wasn't started a civil war or kidnap its family leaders wasnt a tough crew.
Demeo crew members killed almost 100 people and was very money makers while at some point Gallos haven't the money to continue the feud.
Also the Pitera crew was brutal and made tons of cash.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/08/19 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
I bet on the DeMeo crew

https://mafia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:DeMeo_Crew

Anthony "Nino" Gaggi Capo 1921-1988 died of a heat attack while incarcerated on 17th April 1988.

Roy DeMeo Soldier 1941-1983 murdered on 10th January 1983.

Chris Rosenburg associate 1950-1979 murdered in 1979 by the DeMeo Crew.

Anthony Senter associate and "Gemini Twin" 1955- sentenced to life imprisonment on 14th september 1989.

Joseph Testa associate and "Gemini Twin" 1955- sentenced to life imprisonment on 14th september 1989.

Edward Grillo associate 1934-1978 murdered in 1978 by the DeMeo Crew.

Henry Borelli associate 1948- sentenced to life imprisonment in 1986.

Richard DiNome associate and Frederick's brother 1954-1984 murdered on 4th Feburary 1984.

Frederick DiNome associate and Richard's brother 1941-1986 turned rat and entered the witness protection program. he committed suicide on Feburary 11th 1986.

Dominick Montiglio associate 1947- turned rat and entered the witness protection program. along with robert senter he is the only surviving member of the DeMeo crew with freedom.

Vito Arena associate 1930-1991 turned rat and entered the witness protection program. Arena was killed in 1991 while trying to rob a Texas convenience store.

Robert Senter associate and Anthony Senter's uncle 1936- jailed for manslaughter of emmanuel gambino from 1973-1988 has managed to stay clean since his release from jail in 1988.

yeah !
gallo dimeo and fat tony salerno crew are the toughest for sure
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/08/19 07:56 PM

It's still weird how the Demeo crew managed to lure their victims in their lounge with many of them probably knowing they were about to be butchered. Almost like Chris Partlow calmly accompanied his targets in those vacants in The Wire lol
Posted By: Kingscounty

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/08/19 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

Following your thoughts,every crew that wasn't started a civil war or kidnap its family leaders wasnt a tough crew.
Demeo crew members killed almost 100 people and was very money makers while at some point Gallos haven't the money to continue the feud.
Also the Pitera crew was brutal and made tons of cash.

Tommy Karate’s crew didn’t make as much money as you’d think. Anthony Spero on the other hand did and Tommy was under him. Also other then Tommy, Billy and the guy Kojack most ratted.
Posted By: southend

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/09/19 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
[quote=furio_from_naples]

Where was his supposed murder talked about or reported?
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/09/19 12:52 PM

^^ referring to Dracula? Demeo's son said he went on a plain trip and never came back. Nobody has ever said he was whacked.

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/10/19 12:29 AM

people and the board swear that demeos cross dressing gangster bank robbing cousin dracula is alive today. i think he ran and died. i would love to know if he lived out his last days on the street but all the guy new was crime how would he have not got caught for something dumb. murder machine book is still the best mob book even thou weve found out since its realease in 1988 theres alot of not true shit

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/10/19 12:42 AM

They say demeo was in nino. Gaggi crew who he took over when paul castellano became acting boss then official. The crew was just abunch of old brooklyn guys except nino who booked or numbers. Gaggi took roy in who had all thise crazy fucks under him. I mean chin crew was dumping people off of roofs for selling drugs. You got to set a perimeter on tough crew. Cause guys who had the toughest crew went on to bigger things. Boss under consig. A capo with a tough crew who never got bigger puts it down to scarpa or hmmmmmm. Anthony spero became a street boss or consig.

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/10/19 12:43 AM

I sure theres a capo with a crew the board barely heard of with like a handfull of killers in it

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/10/19 12:45 AM

Paul varii crew was huge. Ive read he was consig at a point in the 70tys before going to jail. But varios crew was huge. Read lil als book. Last good mafia book in awhile.
Posted By: Moscone65

Re: Toughest Crews - 05/10/19 02:15 AM

I remember hearing that the Vario crew had like 30 made guys and 300+ associates at its peak. It was like it’s own little family and they controlled a big area

Re: Toughest Crews - 01/02/20 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Moscone65
I remember hearing that the Vario crew had like 30 made guys and 300+ associates at its peak. It was like it’s own little family and they controlled a big area

in the 60s the colombo family had a capo with that amount of guys
but i forgot his name...
i think he had something to do with carlo gambino
which results of him being dead by him
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Toughest Crews - 01/02/20 10:39 PM

but i forgot his name...

Mimi Scialo?
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Toughest Crews - 01/02/20 11:34 PM

but i forgot his name...

Yeah. Cantalupo said in the crime inc documentary that Mimi had 20-30 guys working for him. He just didn’t clarify if all of those were made guys. I think some of those were probably associates.

Re: Toughest Crews - 01/03/20 01:46 AM

yeah !
but know i guess that michael is right and most of them were associates

Re: Toughest Crews - 01/03/20 01:57 AM

Richie the boot crew.
Tommy eboli crew.

Re: Toughest Crews - 01/03/20 01:57 AM

Those outfit crews were monsters. Their hits were always so horrific

Re: Toughest Crews - 01/03/20 08:34 PM

Sorry and hope this doesn't come across wrong but those of you naming crews without identifying members doesn't really show how strong they potentially were or how successful they were later in their criminal careers. My two cents, the Biordo crew doesn't come close, they really had no competition in Newark during his long reign. I don't know enough about The Eboli crew so please elaborate if you can. The Vario crew, that's a good one. Im not sure who was all in it though so more info would be appreciated,
Posted By: Jimmybrown

Re: Toughest Crews - 01/04/20 11:55 AM

The wild bunch their capo was Joseph ferriola members :Jerry Scalise, Jerry Scarpelli, William “Butchie” Petrocelli, Tony Borsellino, Frank Calabrese, and Harry Aleman.  Good article below I got the info from.

https://ganglandwire.com/chicago-outfit-murder-decade/
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Toughest Crews - 01/04/20 12:46 PM

I heard Robert Mormandos crew was Tough because they shoved chicken tenders into a ducks asshole.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET