Home

Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese

Posted By: Blackmobs

Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/09/19 12:49 PM

Part 1: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7DQpR6IXkw8

Part 2: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8A_zK8SrJMI

In the first part, he said that there are 9 major families in the US. Whi are the 9 families?
5 families in new york, chicago mob, philly mob and?
Posted By: Moscone65

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/09/19 12:52 PM

Probably New England and DeCavalcante. Although I would say there are closer to 11 (Detroit and Buffalo), with smaller remnant families scattered around. This guy has been out of the loop for so long he probably doesnt know u cazz.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/09/19 02:59 PM

I his day, the 80s, you had the 5 families, Jersey, Phily, Chicago and KC which were just about all that was left. That makes 9.

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/09/19 03:38 PM

So your saying that in the 80's, nevermind today, that Detroit and Buffalo were not viable families? Ok.... Even St.Louis, cleveland and Milwaukee was still active in the 80's.

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/09/19 03:40 PM

There were probably closer to 20 viable families around in the 80's.

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/09/19 05:18 PM

Viable in the 80s? St. Louis? Buffalo? Maybe Detroit. The mobs in the rust belt states, their bread and butter was the unions and by the 80s the factories were shuttering by the dozens. KC was still involved in Vegas.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/09/19 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Moscone65
Probably New England and DeCavalcante. Although I would say there are closer to 11 (Detroit and Buffalo), with smaller remnant families scattered around. This guy has been out of the loop for so long he probably doesnt know u cazz.

i'm agree, buffalo is clearly viable proofed even by violi's wiretaps
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/09/19 07:30 PM

It could be what his and others in the life's perception of what the " major " families are......either during that time period or in general.
Posted By: M_Martino

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/09/19 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I his day, the 80s, you had the 5 families, Jersey, Phily, Chicago and KC which were just about all that was left. That makes 9.

Viable in the 80s? St. Louis? Buffalo? Maybe Detroit. The mobs in the rust belt states, their bread and butter was the unions and by the 80s the factories were shuttering by the dozens. KC was still involved in Vegas.

You left out New England, so that at least makes 10. And back in the 80s, I'd say Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and even the Bufalino family were all still viable to a degree.

I think the 9 he's talking about are today - 5 Families, Philly, New England, DeCavalcante and Chicago.

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/10/19 12:56 AM

I'm deferring to Franzes's point of view. In other words, the families relevant to him. Franzese was a New York guy and he was also into high end rackets, so you have to work backward from the families that he would consider relevant when he was active. I don't see him needing New England for much.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/10/19 02:03 AM

It ain't easy being Franzese.
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/10/19 02:57 PM

I'm deferring to Franzes's point of view. In other words, the families relevant to him. Franzese was a New York guy and he was also into high end rackets, so you have to work backward from the families that he would consider relevant when he was active. I don't see him needing New England for much.

When did NY ever really need New England for anything? Nothing stands out. I doubt he considers them one of the 9.

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/10/19 03:28 PM

Chicago hasn’t “needed” New York since the days of Johnny Torrio going there, doesn’t mean they aren’t a major family.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/10/19 11:55 PM

Buffalo and Detroit were very much viable in the 80s and at least well up in the 90s. LA, Cleveland, Tampa and NE were also still considered viable.

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/11/19 01:17 AM

I'm sure Franzese was referring to families still in high end operations. He said 9 relevant families for some reason. Based on what he was into, I can't think of a better criteria to determine what he meant.

I don't think Cleveland and LA had any high end rackets going by the 80s.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/12/19 04:47 AM

that a really good interview im up to part 5 were he telling vlad about the gas scam racket. i finally understand it. he made it simple they sold gas to the stations. the stations gave them the tax money 25 cents a gallon and the mob guys never paid the tax money to the feds. kinda like filing your own taxes when you work under the table. interview really news he mentions yaeh my boss in 1980 made me a capo he died a few weeks ago. persico
Posted By: pmac

Re: Vladtv interview with Michael Franzese - 04/12/19 04:52 AM

but now i wonder how hes gonna dance around the oh i quit the mob or i testfied infront of a grand jury in chicago the boxing guy or record excutive. he wont ask about that, and he'll say i fell in love blah blah blah. i will guy looks good for 68yrs old. think he runs into donnie shacks in LA?? he lives there somewhere. that guy vlad tv has a studio in los angles when he interviews anyone from there. the drums in the background. not that michael doesnt come around. h e always doing college speaking. he was at holy cross a few yrs back
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET