Home

Nipsey Hussle shot dead

Posted By: Blackmobs

Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 12:54 AM

March 31st, the rapper Nipsey Hussle got killed.

RIP Nip
Posted By: pmac

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 01:17 AM

good rapper. show have got the fuck out the hood i know he was preaching that black owned bizness in the hood stuff but he still had that edge to him where he would fight you on the spot. i seen a video from a awards show just recnetly he slapd a parking valet guy into another planet over nothing , bitch slapped into mars and this is why it dont surprise me. he was still in the streets or atleast his mind was. i seen interview guy was smart, but like snoop dogg get out
Posted By: FrankValenti

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 01:43 AM

Yeah there was another video just a few months back where he was involved in like a 30 man brawl outside of a club.

His genre of Hip Hop wasn't really my taste (more of a Mos Def, Nas, Wu kinda guy) however I have nothing but respect for what he did in trying to give back to his community. It sounds fucked up, but unfortunately sometimes the places we grow up don't appreciate empowerment and really aren't deserving of it. Pmac is right. Even if I went back to my old neighborhood and pumped money in, most would take advantage and use anything I give directly to buy drugs. Place is a fucking wasteland.

Nispey was crip affiliated as I understand so there's a good chance this is related to LA gang rivalries.

R.I.P. I feel for his family.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 01:54 AM

seemed like a real gang member who had the brain talent to put words together. its no easy. he was good, like i said i havnt been into hiphop in awhile probaly when he came out like 10 yrs ago with that crenshaw song it was catchy. he was real deal. should have moved to ny swear to god or were the kardashians lived. he was a huge kolin kap guy and was in the news alot becasue of that and black owned bizness. i sorrey board you no i cant spell for shit when my spell check not on

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 01:59 AM

off subject but that guy vlad tv he has all these interviews with people and cops involved with the 2pac murder. i give it to him he convinved me who did it and it makes all the sense in the world. funny he also interviews nipsey.. to much money or then again not nba nfl or mlb black guy money to be super comfitable rite or wrong? i live near boston mokkie betts is looking at 500mill deal get what i mean. a bench player in the nba which is the best b ball player in world ave 3 mill a yr.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 02:00 AM

did nipsey really tour anuff to be rich i dont know but he was good that stinks. seen snoop dogg live once he was so fun geeze i was a fucking mess. worth me and my girl spending 120 bucks to see fun. on the beach to

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 02:01 AM

snoop got 25 yrs of hits thou
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 02:05 AM

That guy, Vlad, his videos be scripted if it's who I think it is.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 02:10 AM

Ya moe. Maybe. That why hes not consider a real reporter. But i watched the cop 1 then a death row guy. Thought it made sense qho knows. But black rappers from america get killed thats a fact
Posted By: matteodenaro

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 02:22 AM

Nipsy getting cpr

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 02:27 AM

This is what I hate about modern times. You can't blow your nose without someone taking a snapchat.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by FrankValenti
Yeah there was another video just a few months back where he was involved in like a 30 man brawl outside of a club.

His genre of Hip Hop wasn't really my taste (more of a Mos Def, Nas, Wu kinda guy) however I have nothing but respect for what he did in trying to give back to his community. It sounds fucked up, but unfortunately sometimes the places we grow up don't appreciate empowerment and really aren't deserving of it. Pmac is right. Even if I went back to my old neighborhood and pumped money in, most would take advantage and use anything I give directly to buy drugs. Place is a fucking wasteland.

Nispey was crip affiliated as I understand so there's a good chance this is related to LA gang rivalries.

R.I.P. I feel for his family.

Everybody in LA's Crip affiliated. Or Blood. Or Sureno. It takes more than that for a celebrity with such affiliations to get gunned down. This happened in broad daylight in a very public place. Whoever did this would have done it in a rich neighborhood. This really does not have the characteristics of a typical hood shooting. Very bizarre circumstances, at a time when he'd become increasingly political.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 09:40 AM

I think he was a member of the Rollin 60's.
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 03:33 PM

R.I.P to Nipsey Hussle.

He was a Rollin 60 NHC and successful business entrepreneur as well. Open a clothing store, hair salon, and STEM center in his community.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/01/19 05:31 PM

R.I.P.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 12:48 AM

The video have been released officially or via other channels of the shooting. The suspect seem to have kicked Nipsey , if it's him, after shooting him. Smdh.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 02:21 AM

Nick Cannon is taking over production of the controversial Dr. Sebi documentary Nipsey was working on. Now if Nick ends up dead...

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Nick Cannon is taking over production of the controversial Dr. Sebi documentary Nipsey was working on. Now if Nick ends up dead...

I'm not one for conspiracy theories Oak so let's leave that alone.
Posted By: SoCalGangs

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 04:39 AM

I don’t buy the conspiracies at all. This type of tragic shit happens from time to time in the streets.

Could be wrong, but my first guess is that it was something personal. The gang element and culture of violence played a role, but I doubt it was a simple gang rivalry type hit. Now the cops are saying something like that too. Plus with social media these days there’s a lot of nonsense that sparks up just through that.

I just saw the video of the shooting and it shows the killer run back and kick his head before leaving. Seems like real hatred. Maybe a pshycopath that got off on killing someone of that stature.

That’s why a lot of so called gangster rappers don’t really go back to their hoods often or even at all. Nipsy seemed to be known to always be around there for his businesses and to give back. He always took pictures with everyone and all the kids. So apparently he wasn’t that hard to find.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 04:59 AM

And now they’re saying a big fight broke out at the Nipsy Hussle memorial gathering. Bunch of people stabbed and strampled. Sad

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalGangs
And now they’re saying a big fight broke out at the Nipsy Hussle memorial gathering. Bunch of people stabbed and strampled. Sad

I think there's too much social media attention in this general. It might of beem a scuffle or sort but i don't think anything too serious. Wish people just mourn peacefully as individuals and give his family space. The price of fame per say.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 12:25 PM

This type of tragic shit happens from time to time in the streets.

This doesn't happen very often. A ton of rappers in LA have past gang affiliations. Considering how accessible Nipsey was, it would have been easier to get him on a backstreet. The circumstances here are very unusual.

Imagine if Russell Poole had taken the Tupac and Biggie murders at face value, that it was just street drama. He digged a little deeper and found all roads lead back to the LAPD and Suge Knight.

There's no reason for anyone to stop digging in this case either. And some wont, thankfully.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 12:29 PM

https://twitter.com/LAPDHQ/status/1112947396562960384/photo/1

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 12:52 PM

A known snitch named "Shitty Cuz". The perfect patsy.
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 01:44 PM

I have a friend that doesn’t follow OC at all but told me about this guy and the conspiracy theory involving him being killed because of this documentary he was making. He called him ‘our generations Tupac’ and sent me a bunch of stuff to read and watch on YouTube about him and this doctor. I haven’t checked it out yet but I will sometime today.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 04:56 PM

This doesn't happen very often. A ton of rappers in LA have past gang affiliations. Considering how accessible Nipsey was, it would have been easier to get him on a backstreet. The circumstances here are very unusual.

Imagine if Russell Poole had taken the Tupac and Biggie murders at face value, that it was just street drama. He digged a little deeper and found all roads lead back to the LAPD and Suge Knight.

There's no reason for anyone to stop digging in this case either. And some wont, thankfully.

People get killed pretty often over the most petty disputes. A famous rapper isn’t totally immune to that. It’s not just simple gang affiliation as in “he was killed for being from 60’s.” Although yeah there’s always that super slim chance. I don’t know if the guy the cops have as a suspect is the right guy or not or what info they have because they have gotten other cases, including high profile ones wrong before, at least initially, but I’d have to agree when they said that it was a personal grudge or something of that nature.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by kingoflittlenewyork
I have a friend that doesn’t follow OC at all but told me about this guy and the conspiracy theory involving him being killed because of this documentary he was making. He called him ‘our generations Tupac’ and sent me a bunch of stuff to read and watch on YouTube about him and this doctor. I haven’t checked it out yet but I will sometime today.

I roll my eyes at any rapper being referred to thr " Tupac title " respectfully. He's music is definitely fan favorite for the West Coast rap scene.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 06:07 PM

People get killed pretty often over the most petty disputes. A famous rapper isn’t totally immune to that. It’s not just simple gang affiliation as in “he was killed for being from 60’s.” Although yeah there’s always that super slim chance. I don’t know if the guy the cops have as a suspect is the right guy or not or what info they have because they have gotten other cases, including high profile ones wrong before, at least initially, but I’d have to agree when they said that it was a personal grudge or something of that nature.

It's definitely personal when he kicked him after shooting him. I hope he turns himself in peacefully.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 07:34 PM

His motive might be personal, but it doesnt mean there wasn't outside agitation.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/02/19 10:26 PM

Nipsey Hussle: police detain suspect in rapper's shooting

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/apr/02/nipsey-hussle-shooting-suspect-eric-holder-los-angeles
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 02:15 AM

My mate is convinced this guy was killed as part of a conspiracy thing etc due to some documentary or something. Listened to that victory lap was decent. I’m not that interested enough to research further but the guy seemed to be doing good things for his community. Great to see people in those circles doing things like that. Usual culture is to get rich and f*ck everyone else. RIP

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Usual culture is to get rich and f*ck everyone else.

That's just about every culture in this country.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 11:00 AM

The police chief and the president of the city’s police commission had been scheduled to meet with Hussle on Monday to discuss the relationship between the police force and the inner city.

Both Moore and the police commission president, Steve Soboroff, said they were devastated when they learned Hussle had been killed on the eve of their talk.

An emotional Soboroff read from the email Hussle sent asking for the meeting.

“Our goal is to work with the department to help improve communication, relationships and work towards changing the culture and dialogue between LAPD and your city,” the email said.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 11:57 AM

You play with fire, you get burnt.

I hate when people are gifted all the tools in the world to leave negative influences behind and be a different, better, person but they just can't change what they are deep inside.

I suppose if someone like him did use his money and incredible luck to start a new life he'd be accused of selling out "his people" as if they are the gatekeepers of who he is or what he's about.

IDK... the fact that someone like Snoop Dogg can shoot someone in the back and kill them, claim it was self-defense, and go on to be a family entertainer and portray himself as some kind of hood Robin Hood kind of makes me sick.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 12:50 PM

RIP Neighborhood Nip

I've heard the conspiracy angle with the documentary but IMO more importantly, Nipsey stood for financial independence, owning your own businesses in your community, investing in your own community. In fact, he had just purchased the entire lot where his store was and where he got killed and was going to have it developed into a large commercial/residential site. He put up a community center for kids in his neighborhood to learn STEM skills. This is a man who gave back because he cared about where he came from. If you're on the outside looking in it's easy to say "well he should have left the hood", but he didn't want to leave his roots, he wanted to build them up to improve life for the future generations. He was one of a kind and it pains me that we won't get to see what else he had planned.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 01:16 PM

Moe, do your research on Nipsey Hussle.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 01:51 PM

I didn't quote him for a reason man, some people are content thinking they know it all when they barely have surface level info. I guarantee Moe did not even know who Nipsey was and here he is passing judgement on things he doesn't understand as usual. It's useless to talk to him so I just don't give him the recognition in the first place.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 02:49 PM

But we should all bow our heads and reflect on the Potato Famine for at least 15 minutes per day...

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 02:59 PM

But we should all bow our heads and reflect on the Potato Famine for at least 15 minutes per day...

LOL where did I say anything remotely like that?

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by RollinBones

I didn't quote him for a reason man, some people are content thinking they know it all when they barely have surface level info. I guarantee Moe did not even know who Nipsey was and here he is passing judgement on things he doesn't understand as usual. It's useless to talk to him so I just don't give him the recognition in the first place.

I know enough to realise that Nipsey, like a lot of people in that industry, is/was content to make money hand over fist glamorising violence, misogyny and gang warfare to impressionable youths. How else do they attract their target listenership? The vast majority of people like him, people like The Game and Ice Cube, use this Bloods and Crip bullshit as a cynical marketing ploy along with their label and management teams. They don't get any sympathy for me.

It's kind of like that movie "The Dirt" by Motley Crue recently released on Netflix. They say they don't want to glamourize that lifestyle of drug abuse and misogyny but that's what the movie totally does; it makes it look like the most fun thing in the world. And half the stories in the book it's based on are utter fabrications, just like most rappers "street cred".

The band's bassist even had to backtrack on a story about him switching places with the drummer while he had sex with a groupie in a closet because he was worried it would come back to haunt him what with the #MeToo movement.

Kind of apropos, I'm reminded of the arc in The Sopranos where a gangsta rapper pays Bobby to give him a flesh wound in order to raise his profile.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

I know enough to realise that Nipsey, like a lot of people in that industry, is/was content to make money hand over fist glamorising violence, misogyny and gang warfare to impressionable youths. How else do they attract their target listenership? The vast majority of people like him, people like The Game and Ice Cube, use this Bloods and Crip bullshit as a cynical marketing ploy along with their label and management teams. They don't get any sympathy for me.

It's kind of like that movie "The Dirt" by Motley Crue recently released on Netflix. They say they don't want to glamourize that lifestyle of drug abuse and misogyny but that's what the movie totally does; it makes it look like the most fun thing in the world. And half the stories in the book it's based on are utter fabrications, just like most rappers "street cred".

The band's bassist even had to backtrack on a story about him switching places with the drummer while he had sex with a groupie in a closet because he was worried it would come back to haunt him what with the #MeToo movement.

Kind of apropos, I'm reminded of the arc in The Sopranos where a gangsta rapper pays Bobby to give him a flesh wound in order to raise his profile.

Moe, I don't mean to sound harsh but you have no idea what you're talking about. You don't know the world that this man came from and what he experienced. I can't blame you for that, but I can blame you for looking at it so cut and dry when you know for a fact that you don't truly understand it. Gang culture is much deeper than you realize and Nipsey was not a fake gangster at all. Violence was a large part of his reality, not a selling point. As much as he spoke about violence and the gang lifestyle he also spoke about the pitfalls of that life, and more importantly, that people did not have to live that life and could make it out of an environment like he did and actually better the community that he came from. That's part of why he did not "sell out". He didn't want to leave his community to be around ones he had no connection to, he was building up his community instead of abandoning it so other people from that area could see possibilities instead of oppression. For all the lyrics about the gang life he also spoke about financial independence, not letting artists be taken advantage of by the music industry, and unification among black people (including how gangs play a part in the division).

The fact that you included a comparison to that Sopranos storyline is laughable and truly highlights how ignorant you are of who this man was, his story, and most importantly his impact. If you care to do so you can look into all the good he did, and was in the process of doing, on your own, but I sense that you are in this thread in bad faith in the first place so I don't expect you to. I hope I'm wrong about that but I suppose time will tell.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 07:06 PM

If the initial stories are correct that Nipsy questioned the suspect in question about being a snitch, then in that sense he was sort of playing with fire by involving himself into his hood politics. Of which he almost had no choice if he was still planning on being apart of the community and holding enough respect to operate around there. And this is important to understand and the reason why he was respected more than Snoop, Ice Cube, dr. Dre etc.

He probably just didn’t think the dude was a lunatic that would come back blasting away like that. But that’s the rules of the streets, can’t associate with a known snitch.

People are getting a bit carried away and acting like Nipsy was some kind of saint and no he wasn’t. but overall he was a positive figure in west coast hip hop. He was respected across the board from all different hoods and even his enemies. He worked with everyone and wasn’t promoting more gang warfare for his community. That’s not something everyone is saying just because he died.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 07:23 PM

If the initial stories are correct that Nipsy questioned the suspect in question about being a snitch, then in that sense he was sort of playing with fire by involving himself into his hood politics. Of which he almost had no choice if he was still planning on being apart of the community and holding enough respect to operate around there. And this is important to understand and the reason why he was respected more than Snoop, Ice Cube, dr. Dre etc.

He probably just didn’t think the dude was a lunatic that would come back blasting away like that. But that’s the rules of the streets, can’t associate with a known snitch.

People are getting a bit carried away and acting like Nipsy was some kind of saint and no he wasn’t. but overall he was a positive figure in west coast hip hop. He was respected across the board from all different hoods and even his enemies. He worked with everyone and wasn’t promoting more gang warfare for his community. That’s not something everyone is saying just because he died.

Absolutely, I'm not denying Nip did dirt in his life. He was a legitimate gang member of a ruthless set, so I know he did plenty. But you can't be respected by the wolves if you aren't one yourself, you can't talk all that positive shit to gang members if you hold no weight yourself, or they'll tune you right out. But the fact is he was trying to improve his community piece by piece so it didn't have to stay that way, which is more than you can say for a majority of artists. IMO the easiest way to gauge his impact is the sheer amount of people mourning him, even the Mayor of LA and LAPD sent out a message expressing condolences and the Chief of Police specifically referred to Nipsey as someone who was trying to make a change. In fact, he was supposed to meet with the top LAPD brass to talk about how to combat gang violence.

Definitely not a saint, but he was trying harder than most to make a real, lasting difference.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 07:29 PM

Absolutely, I'm not denying Nip did dirt in his life. He was a legitimate gang member of a ruthless set, so I know he did plenty. But you can't be respected by the wolves if you aren't one yourself, you can't talk all that positive shit to gang members if you hold no weight yourself, or they'll tune you right out. But the fact is he was trying to improve his community piece by piece so it didn't have to stay that way, which is more than you can say for a majority of artists. IMO the easiest way to gauge his impact is the sheer amount of people mourning him, even the Mayor of LA and LAPD sent out a message expressing condolences and the Chief of Police specifically referred to Nipsey as someone who was trying to make a change. In fact, he was supposed to meet with the top LAPD brass to talk about how to combat gang violence.

Definitely not a saint, but he was trying harder than most to make a real, lasting difference.

Well said, I agree 100%.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 08:04 PM

BTW: He took his name from Nipsey Russell, a black comedian of the Fifties and Sixties who was known as "bawdy" for his "off color" humor--very mild by today's standards.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/03/19 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
BTW: He took his name from Nipsey Russell, a black comedian of the Fifties and Sixties who was known as "bawdy" for his "off color" humor--very mild by today's standards.

I assumed most knew of Nipsey Russell but then again maybe I'm older than I think I am. Anyhow, loved Russell in Wildcats with Goldie Hawn.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 03:28 AM

is/was content to make money hand over fist glamorising violence, misogyny and gang warfare to impressionable youths. How else do they attract their target listenership?

Talent. Otherwise everyone who tried to rap would be a star, right?

And, as of recent, in Nipsey Hussle's case, shifting to a message of self and community empowerment and entrepreneurship, which you and the others portraying him as a gang banger who had it coming are either completely uninformed about or intentionally omitting to mislead people.

Considering your disdain for entertainers making money hand over fist glamorizing violence, misogyny and gang warfare, I'm surprised you watch The Sopranos.
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 07:24 AM

It surely came as a shock. I've been a fan of Nipseys music since 2008 or 2009, can't remember. When everyone called him little Snoop Dogg because he was skinny and high all the time.

As far as "he had it coming" comments, I can't understand how some people such sheltered lives and don't understand what giving back to their community means. Like few posters mentioned, surely he was no saint, but the man tried to make his community better and he tried to keep younger kids away from the path that he took.

The same way Adele makes songs to which teenager girls who "had their heart broken" can relate to, gangster rappers make songs for young men and women who can relate to them.

When the mayor of LA and the chief of LAPD gives props to a young black rapper and claim he tried to do better, then who are we to say anything different?

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 01:25 PM

Seeing the police chief grieve over this was eye opening. A LAPD chief openly grieving over a dead rapper. What a time we're living in.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 02:05 PM

@Moe

The Game is a member of a Piru set, not a marketing ploy.

Ice Cube have referred to Crips/Bloods in his music towards living around them on a day to day basis. He didn't use their reputation to promote nor glamorize gang activities. Ice Cube himself is neutral and have mentioned that in his songs which is obvious that you don't know his music.
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by CleanBandit
It surely came as a shock. I've been a fan of Nipseys music since 2008 or 2009, can't remember. When everyone called him little Snoop Dogg because he was skinny and high all the time.

As far as "he had it coming" comments, I can't understand how some people such sheltered lives and don't understand what giving back to their community means. Like few posters mentioned, surely he was no saint, but the man tried to make his community better and he tried to keep younger kids away from the path that he took.

The same way Adele makes songs to which teenager girls who "had their heart broken" can relate to, gangster rappers make songs for young men and women who can relate to them.

When the mayor of LA and the chief of LAPD gives props to a young black rapper and claim he tried to do better, then who are we to say anything different?

well said.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 02:45 PM

Ice Cube was throwing some wannabe Crip shit out there on the sly when he was younger but he stopped. He's from the same neighborhood as W.C., who is a Crip.
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 04:08 PM

Ice Cube was throwing some wannabe Crip shit out there on the sly when he was younger but he stopped. He's from the same neighborhood as W.C., who is a Crip.

and originally from the same group as two Crips(Eazy and Ren). I never knew that Cube and WC were from the same neighborhood.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 07:37 PM

Yeah, that's how Cube and WC met.

A lot of people were upset with Cube when he started Westside Connection, because he went from political on his previous two albums to gangsta. Tupac was openly critical of him for it

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 08:03 PM

As far as I'm aware, Ice Cube never claimed to be a Crip. MC Ren and Eazy E were from Kelly Park. WC is originally from Houston, but he moved to LA with his family. His brother was also the late DJ Crazy Toones. He died from cancer(I think) a few months ago. Great DJ. There's a 30 minute "mixtape" on Youtube with DJ Crazy Toones with rappers like WC, MC Ren, Young Maylay, Xzibit etc. Great stuff.

Also pretty off topic, sorry about that.
Posted By: Shampoo

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 08:05 PM

3 of the biggest rappers to be murdered were killed by LA gang members

Tupac-killed by Southside Crips
Biggie-killed by Mob Piru
Nipsey-killed by Rollin 60s Crips (which he was also a member of)

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 08:12 PM

There are also all kinds of fake news going out now. One of them is that Jay Z started a 15 million dollar fund for Nipseys kids. Also I saw a photo on Instagram where it showed Nipsey with a bunch of guys and one of them is apparently the shooter. Not sure how real that is, but could very well be.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 10:17 PM

Two LAPD officers were connected to Biggie's death, too.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 11:05 PM

That was the original thinking but that turned out to be false. Sure Knight paid a Mob Piru member named Poochie $13,000 for the Biggie hit. He later got killed too. 3 of the Southside Crips that were in the car that killed Tupac are dead. Only 1 is still alive and I think he’s doing life.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/04/19 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Shampoo

Biggie was kill by a member of Mob Piru?

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/05/19 12:00 AM

Moe, I don't mean to sound harsh but you have no idea what you're talking about. You don't know the world that this man came from and what he experienced. I can't blame you for that, but I can blame you for looking at it so cut and dry when you know for a fact that you don't truly understand it. Gang culture is much deeper than you realize and Nipsey was not a fake gangster at all. Violence was a large part of his reality, not a selling point. As much as he spoke about violence and the gang lifestyle he also spoke about the pitfalls of that life, and more importantly, that people did not have to live that life and could make it out of an environment like he did and actually better the community that he came from. That's part of why he did not "sell out". He didn't want to leave his community to be around ones he had no connection to, he was building up his community instead of abandoning it so other people from that area could see possibilities instead of oppression. For all the lyrics about the gang life he also spoke about financial independence, not letting artists be taken advantage of by the music industry, and unification among black people (including how gangs play a part in the division).

The fact that you included a comparison to that Sopranos storyline is laughable and truly highlights how ignorant you are of who this man was, his story, and most importantly his impact. If you care to do so you can look into all the good he did, and was in the process of doing, on your own, but I sense that you are in this thread in bad faith in the first place so I don't expect you to. I hope I'm wrong about that but I suppose time will tell.

RB, I don't think you're coming across as harsh at all. You know more about him than I do. I don't mean to come across as pious. I'd give you a better response but I'm pretty drunk ATM. I really don't mean to come across as a dickhead. I'm purely going by what I already know about the rap industry. Being completely honest, IDK much about this guy at all.

Apologies if I come across as all knowing. That's my cross to bear.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/05/19 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by BlackFamily

Originally Posted by BlackFamily

Yep. Wardell “Poochie” Fouse was paid by Suge Knight to do the hit. Poochie himself was later shot and killed while riding a motorcycle in Compton.

Tupac and Biggies assasins were both killed themselves in completely unrelated incidents.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/05/19 01:47 AM

That was the original thinking but that turned out to be false. Sure Knight paid a Mob Piru member named Poochie $13,000 for the Biggie hit. He later got killed too. 3 of the Southside Crips that were in the car that killed Tupac are dead. Only 1 is still alive and I think he’s doing life.

The car that was used was found in the back yard of an undercover LAPD cop. Accessory at minimum but they buried it.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/05/19 01:48 AM

I'm purely going by what I already know about the rap industry.

Or didn't know, in this case.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/05/19 01:59 AM

And why's Christopher Darden (OJ prosecutor) suddenly interested in this? He's representing Holder. Pro bono for the publicity? Cause that's kind of high priced for our man Shitty Cuz.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/05/19 01:49 PM

What was I wrong about? How did I mischaracterise anyone or any music genre?

Again, I'll use Motley Crue as an example because I like their music. Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee and Vince Neil are all involved in multiple charitable initiatives. They're still a rapist drug addict (according to books published by Motley), a domestic abuser, and a serial drink driver who killed somebody in a high speed crash respectively.

I'm sure Nipsey did good work for his community, but that in itself doesn't completely exonerate him from what I'm talking about.

Not many musicians get killed in drive-by shootings.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/05/19 02:47 PM

Nipsey wasn't killed in a drive by shooting, either. The shooter walked up, shot him, then kicked him for score. This is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't get around stereotypes when discussing something like this. You discuss a rapper being murdered and your brain automatically spells out "drive by". And you made a similar presumption about Nipsey living by the sword, that you had to walk back yesterday after several people confronted your misnomer and complete omission of the positive work he'd done in recent years.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/05/19 04:15 PM

What was I wrong about? How did I mischaracterise anyone or any music genre?

Again, I'll use Motley Crue as an example because I like their music. Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee and Vince Neil are all involved in multiple charitable initiatives. They're still a rapist drug addict (according to books published by Motley), a domestic abuser, and a serial drink driver who killed somebody in a high speed crash respectively.

I'm sure Nipsey did good work for his community, but that in itself doesn't completely exonerate him from what I'm talking about.

Not many musicians get killed in drive-by shootings.

In regards to the music industry, specifically rap. Rap/Hip Hop have multiple sub genres that aren't displayed in mainstream outlets fairly.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/12/19 07:05 AM

His memorial service was last night. Also the car with the coffin inside drove all around LA, including the place where he was shot(in front of the store). The celebration of life took place in Staples Center, which was packed. A lot of people spoke about how he changed their lives.

Oh and also his family got a letter from Barack Obama. I think this is the final proof about what he was doing and how he was more than just a gang banging rapper.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/12/19 01:07 PM

First memorial service held in the Staples Center since Michael Jackson. The funeral procession looked insane, thousands of people flooding the streets. RIP Nip.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead - 04/12/19 02:38 PM

That was a huge turnout. President Obama and Minister Farrakhan. Nipsey was loved.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET