Home

Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release

Posted By: BugsyM

Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/27/19 09:11 PM

They wanted me to roll all the time,” he said over a bowl of pasta e fagioli in the nursing home where he now lives. “I couldn’t do that. Because it’s my principle.”

n his first extended interviews following his release in June 2017 as the oldest inmate in the federal prison system, Franzese spoke to reporters as he never has, reflecting on a criminal life rooted in New York City and on Long Island that spanned the birth, glory days and current lower profile of traditional organized crime.

“What we done in New York is unbelievable,” he said.

Asked about Omerta — the mob code of silence — Franzese professed ignorance, even confusion. “What does that mean?” he said with dramatic flourish. “I don’t get it.”

Good read - long article + video

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/investigations/sonny-franzese-colombo-mob-1.29009986
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/27/19 09:54 PM

https://nypost.com/2019/03/27/102-year-old-mobster-i-never-hurt-nobody-that-was-innocent/

In the NY Post article the Agent who arrested Sonny says, "Franzese’s commitment was so firm he reportedly went along with contracts on the lives of two of his sons who turned rat, though neither were killed."
And yet there are still people here and and other sites who do not want to believe that Michael Franzese is a rat even though he always says he's not.
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/28/19 01:45 AM

He did his time. Any mention if he went to the snakes funeral?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/28/19 02:00 AM

the newday doc looks good to bad hbo didnt pick it up throw some money around would be great. i wonder who the old guys they look connected are. probaly friends or cousins. ill check it out lloks interesting
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/28/19 04:56 AM

That looks good. I thought Edward McDonald died. Maybe I'm thinking of Henry Hill.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/28/19 07:22 AM

This looks like it could be good. Thanks BugsyM.

Made in 1931 at 14 years old? First time I've heard that. How reliable is John Jr as a source?

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/28/19 03:09 PM

ya thats bullshit. i forgot where i read or heard this maybe the archives or greg scarpas old ass files. think its scarpa says sonny franzese was made in 1947 or a few yrs before greg scarpa was inducted. somewhere its been said that guy harry the hunchback may have been inducted at like 16 or 18

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/28/19 03:11 PM

is it me or all of asudden carmine persico dies and sonny f giving interviews to newsday, the [post, some guy on youtube. bet 60 mins is brewing up a piece hmmmmmmm....... i mean get your money old guy why wait so long

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/28/19 03:13 PM

maybe it was sonny on wiretap also saying he was made after he was discharged from the army
Posted By: FrankValenti

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/28/19 04:36 PM

First interview since release? Isn't this the first interview he's ever given in his entire life?
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/28/19 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
maybe it was sonny on wiretap also saying he was made after he was discharged from the army

That sounds more likely than at age 14.
Posted By: BugsyM

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/28/19 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by FrankValenti
First interview since release? Isn't this the first interview he's ever given in his entire life?

Looks like not first since release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDAzbdFUpoU
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 03/29/19 09:05 PM

Funny he likens himself to Jesus.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 04/01/19 07:11 PM

Gotta love Ed McDonald's impersonation of Gotti...Sonny Franzese, tough guy lol
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 04/01/19 07:17 PM

Good article about John in the Indianapolis Star, the paper where he lives.

https://www.indystar.com/in-depth/n...mily-indianapolis/3139068002/?utm_source

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 07/31/19 03:58 AM

Anybody know if the full documentary came out yet ??

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 08/01/19 04:10 PM

I guess that means no !!
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 08/03/19 12:31 AM

Yeah, what's taking so long?
Posted By: Neo

Re: Sonny Franzese First Interview Since Release - 08/03/19 12:10 PM

Sonny is a washed up old fool. He is no longer relevant on the streets now. He says there is no money in crime nowadays, I think he means there is no money in shakedowns (the only thing Sonny was good at).
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET