Home

Who Runs The Midwest?

Posted By: Tru_Bizelli

Who Runs The Midwest? - 03/21/19 10:43 AM

Hey guys, I live in the Midwest (MO). From The STL. Just curious if there is a boss and / or family that runs things. Is the Mob active?
I haven't been up north in STL in prob. about 10 years!
not sh*t goes on where I live; small town.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 03/21/19 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tru_Bizelli
Hey guys, I live in the Midwest (MO). From The STL. Just curious if there is a boss and / or family that runs things. Is the Mob active?

But STL is Saint Louis?
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 03/21/19 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

But STL is Saint Louis?

Yes, Shortened down for St.Louis

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 03/21/19 01:48 PM

Yes or was a STL crime family.

As for the Midwest: A few viable LCN families, 1% Bikers, Variety of Syndicates/Criminal Networks, & Street Orgs.

Even in a small town there's OC activities ( albeit not what your interested unless it sounds Italian).
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 03/21/19 08:53 PM

From what I can gather it seems what BlackFamily states above about sums it up.

Mafia seems to be still there to a certain extent, even though a shadow of their former selves.

I've read about Russian/Russian-Israeli OC in the Midwest but there's not quite a lot to actual find on this. I'm sure there's some activity from them, but probably nothing like it was in the 80's and 90's.

African American gangs are definitely there. I've heard about the Gangster Disciples running quite substantial drug operations in more urban parts of the Midwest.

Hispanic gangs will be there as well. Both Puerto Ricans and Mexicans have noticeable communities in the Midwest. No doubt there's Latin King activity as well as Mexican DTO activity to some extent.

The Outlaws MC possibly still have quite a bit of juice as well; especially in the more 'white trash' parts. In the 2000's there was still quite a bit of racketeering going on...drug trafficking, illegal gambling, extortion...and there were still major connections between Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Florida.
Possibly in connection with the last I believe there's some activity with some hillbilly families going on as well (think of the Pike County murders).
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 03/22/19 01:37 AM

I lived in StL 2015-18 only organized crime there is ‘Big Pharma’. Plenty of unorganized crime though.

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 03/22/19 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
From what I can gather it seems what BlackFamily states above about sums it up.

Mafia seems to be still there to a certain extent, even though a shadow of their former selves.

I've read about Russian/Russian-Israeli OC in the Midwest but there's not quite a lot to actual find on this. I'm sure there's some activity from them, but probably nothing like it was in the 80's and 90's.

African American gangs are definitely there. I've heard about the Gangster Disciples running quite substantial drug operations in more urban parts of the Midwest.

Hispanic gangs will be there as well. Both Puerto Ricans and Mexicans have noticeable communities in the Midwest. No doubt there's Latin King activity as well as Mexican DTO activity to some extent.

The Outlaws MC possibly still have quite a bit of juice as well; especially in the more 'white trash' parts. In the 2000's there was still quite a bit of racketeering going on...drug trafficking, illegal gambling, extortion...and there were still major connections between Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Florida.
Possibly in connection with the last I believe there's some activity with some hillbilly families going on as well (think of the Pike County murders).

The major Midwest street orgs all have moderate to heavy operations from GD,BD,VL,MC, BPS to LK, LC, MLD, SC , & others.

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 03/22/19 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by kingoflittlenewyork
I lived in StL 2015-18 only organized crime there is ‘Big Pharma’. Plenty of unorganized crime though.

Obviously you overlook alot of OC activities.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 03/23/19 01:19 AM

I'm pretty sure Chicago represents everything west of Pittsburgh now. If there's any rackets in places like St. Louis it's probably Outfit. I'm sure there's still a few people running sports books. The west coast, going as far inland as Colorado and Texas, is pretty much open territory. All NY families have people in LA.

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/06/20 02:10 AM

You got that right. They are the biggest punks of all!

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/06/20 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by BlackFamily

Obviously you overlook alot of OC activities.

What's "OC" my friends?

EDITED: "Organized Crime"? I think I got it now ;-) lol

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/06/20 12:39 PM

Nope. Apart the Outfit in Chicago and the Detroit family that have 60 made men in two,the mob doesnt control the midwest form the 1980s. Maybe the Hell Angels or the Outlaws are the top dogs in the midwest.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/07/20 02:28 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if just about everything west of Phily is open territory today.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/07/20 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I wouldn't be surprised if just about everything west of Phily is open territory today.

i guess chicago and LA and maybe vegas are the only places that have made guys on the streets

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/07/20 10:19 AM

For sure the gambinos had tommy Gambino and joseph isgro in LA.
Posted By: Nitro

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/07/20 12:26 PM

Not much Books about Milwaukee Mafia or generelly Wisconsin,Indiana OC. Maybe some good story wait to discover.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/07/20 02:20 PM

Fargo family from fx
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/07/20 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky

i guess chicago and LA and maybe vegas are the only places that have made guys on the streets

The last inductions in Kansas City were in the early 2000s in 2010 some younger guys were indicted for bookmaking so the Civella family is still alive although very small.

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/07/20 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander

The last inductions in Kansas City were in the early 2000s in 2010 some younger guys were indicted for bookmaking so the Civella family is still alive although very small.

Proofs?
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/07/20 07:03 PM

^ this was widely discussed when it happened

- https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/kansascity/press-releases/2010/kc121610.htm

- https://www.thepitchkc.com/four-men-indicted-in-illegal-gambling-ring/

- https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasc...re_names_from_kansas_citys_mob_past.html

Local poster Joey_Dice is extremely knowledgeable about past & current KC wiseguys.
Posted By: TheAngel

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/08/20 07:29 PM

The cartels run everything & have for a while now. LCN never had a chance long term in midwestern Murica, not enough influx of fresh blood
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/08/20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by TheAngel
The cartels run everything & have for a while now. LCN never had a chance long term in midwestern Murica, not enough influx of fresh blood

you're definitely right about the cartels, most criminal roads lead back to them. that's basically who everybody answers to from street gangs to 1%ers in most midwestern states.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/08/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sal_Bronte

you're definitely right about the cartels, most criminal roads lead back to them. that's basically who everybody answers to from street gangs to 1%ers in most midwestern states.

bikers gangs answer to the cartels too ??
Posted By: Nitro

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/08/20 09:47 PM

I never heard that cartel's are involved in illegal gambling or prostitution.
But yes they have strong a hub in Chicago. I'm sure they are connected with some Latin gangs.
My guess we have alot guys like Alexander Brothers in Minneapolis. More or less strong involved with local upperworld but regionally limited.

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/08/20 09:51 PM

Kansas city alleged members

http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.com/search/label/Kansas City?m=0
Posted By: m2w

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/08/20 09:59 PM

they just supply local gangs with drugs, they have not a real presence over there, i doubt black gangs and bikers answer to them

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/08/20 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

they just supply local gangs with drugs, they have not a real presence over there, i doubt black gangs and bikers answer to them

Of course they have a presence almost anywhere in the US.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: m2w

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/09/20 12:00 AM

they have some members in order to sell drugs to local wholeselers, i doubt they have local crews, latin kings, bikers, ms-13, black gangs doesn't answer to cartels, they just buy drugs from them, it doesnt mean they control areas/neighborhoods, maybe some in california and texas on the border

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/09/20 01:32 AM

in a way yeah because thats where the drugs come from.

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/09/20 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by m2w
they have some members in order to sell drugs to local wholeselers, i doubt they have local crews, latin kings, bikers, ms-13, black gangs doesn't answer to cartels, they just buy drugs from them, it doesnt mean they control areas/neighborhoods, maybe some in california and texas on the border

this is pretty much what I was trying to say but with drugs being the biggest money maker in the midwest everybody has to answer to them in a sense. and they definitely have a presence here. they are very much the underworld boogyman that everybody tries to tip toe around.

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/09/20 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nitro
I never heard that cartel's are involved in illegal gambling or prostitution.
But yes they have strong a hub in Chicago. I'm sure they are connected with some Latin gangs.
My guess we have alot guys like Alexander Brothers in Minneapolis. More or less strong involved with local upperworld but regionally limited.

Columbus is their other big hub

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/09/20 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by m2w

this is pretty much what I was trying to say but with drugs being the biggest money maker in the midwest everybody has to answer to them in a sense. and they definitely have a presence here. they are very much the underworld boogyman that everybody tries to tip toe around.

I agree and although their core business is drugs, they are involved in extortion, usury, embezzlement schemes, intimidation and contract killings, political corruption and money laundering, and they invest in restaurants or nightclubs who then become fronts for prostitution and gambling.
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/09/20 05:12 PM

I believe South America is the only region to produce cocaine, heroin can be produced in the East and West. I would assume, at least when it comes to Blow, everything/everyone must listen to the Cartels.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/09/20 06:01 PM

That map is a few years old as it is not up to date. Half a decade is my thinking? Alabama has also the Sinaloa, Los Zetas, and Gulf as well in the state. The midwest, Los Zetas and LCT have been slowly planting flags outside major cities in order to avoid a turf war with Sinaloa and BLO. As for Italians, Chicago, Detroit, and Kansas city run some things but not like what it use to be. Milwaukee LCN member passed away so we donr know if Los Zetas and Milwaukee LCN still has an understanding. Same thing with Detroit and Kansas City as their members have passed and dont know if the Outlaws MC, and Galloping Gooses MC still have an understanding. As for street gangs alot of them do business with cartels and whoever has cash. The eastern Europe OC has some operations from Ohio to Kansas, and from Michigan to Oklahoma.

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 01/18/20 03:07 AM

It's been awhile since I've been slightly up North to my hometown outside STL, but I heard that it's really been taken over by Hispanics.
I know from first hand experience there have always been a lot of bikers, probably ms-13, blacks and A HUGE problem with drugs!
Posted By: boomboomroom

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 06/18/21 10:41 PM

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 06/25/21 10:16 AM

Are they gonna break up Nonna's Bingo games next? for the love of God. Give me a break!
Posted By: boomboomroom

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 12/19/21 03:50 PM

Organized Crime In The Midwest | Chicago Outfit | Kansas City Crime Family | (1980s)
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 12/20/21 04:12 AM

Deleted

Re: Who Runs The Midwest? - 08/20/22 05:29 AM

Yes, a lot of Bikers. I had some family members in Biker Gangs when I was a kid. The cool thing about them is they do really always have your back.

There are a lot of Hispanics and Black Americans as well, and I'm not racist, but I'm really interested in hearing about some Italian American names there that are connected?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET