Home

Manny Gambino kidnapping

Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/20/19 02:17 AM

What was the story exactly as far as everything going wrong to the point that they excuted Carlo’s nephew? Did they not think of the repercussions? And is it true that Carlo told them that he couldn’t come up with the money or did he not even know about the kidnapping until it was too late?
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/20/19 02:36 AM

They did this a in the 70s. Kidnapping mobsters or relatives of mobsters for ransom. As for Manny im not exactly sure why they went through with it since Carlo was the big boss back then. According to Sammy Carlo wouldn't pay because he felt his other relatives would be susceptible to the same thing happening. Ive also heard that McBratney may have not been directly involved after all

Re: Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/20/19 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by JCrusher
They did this a in the 70s. Kidnapping mobsters or relatives of mobsters for ransom. As for Manny im not exactly sure why they went through with it since Carlo was the big boss back then. According to Sammy Carlo wouldn't pay because he felt his other relatives would be susceptible to the same thing happening. Ive also heard that McBratney may have not been directly involved after all

What did Carlo think was going to happen? And did the other kidnappers get killed as well?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/21/19 04:36 AM

I think the triggerman is actualy alive he was butsed in nebraska ot somewhere with a ton of weed. He flipped on his co defendants in 70tys

Re: Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/24/19 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by pmac
I think the triggerman is actualy alive he was butsed in nebraska ot somewhere with a ton of weed. He flipped on his co defendants in 70tys

How could they kill McBratney but let the other guys get away? Wouldn’t that send a bad message to people who know the truth?
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/24/19 01:26 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/1974/12/09/archives/man-who-killed-gambino-nephew-survives-poisoning.html

according to this the shooter was robert senter(anthony's uncle) and they tried to poision him but but he survived.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/24/19 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by pmac

Yes, Henry Sentner did 15 years for the murder of Gambino. He was caught in Wyoming in 2017 81 years old lol.
Posted By: tommy_milan

Re: Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/24/19 05:23 PM

I've always wondered why they let him live. I read somewhere , Senter saying they shot gambino in the back of the head by accident. Sounded like real key stones cops stuff.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/24/19 11:06 PM

As powerful as Carlo was back then, if a renegade group of guys decided to kidnap Manny and then go on the lam. There’s really not much u can do other than try to kill the remaining few who are around and even that would prove to be hard

ie according to one of the kidnappers (don’t think he was involved in the Manny one specifically) but Eddie Maloney in his book says Gotti & Ruggerio went around all the usual haunts hunting for the kidnappers

James McBratney was obviously set up meaning someone gave Gotti his whereabouts. The only real way of hunting those on the lam is through corrupt cops. But even that is hard since cops would have to rely on that person using their social security number etc. Example could be when Gaspipe sent his guys down to Florida I think it was.

They had info the guy was working at some
Club. The victim prob messed up by using his real name and details etc which was easily traced
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/25/19 03:13 PM

This discussions kind of dovetails with the "Cali Shot Got Me Thinking" thread... there the question is would this have happened back in the day, and clearly whomever kidnapped Gambino's nephew didn 't worry about repercussions.

Re: Manny Gambino kidnapping - 03/26/19 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times
This discussions kind of dovetails with the "Cali Shot Got Me Thinking" thread... there the question is would this have happened back in the day, and clearly whomever kidnapped Gambino's nephew didn 't worry about repercussions.

I don’t think what happened to Cali would’ve been likely to happen in Carlo’s day. Or the golden age of the American mob. I believe that maybe the kidnappers felt that they would not get caught somehow. But I do agree that clearly they weren’t too concerned with repercussions relative to whatever position they were in that they felt the need to kidnap one of the relatives of one of the most powerful men in probably the whole country at that time.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET