Home

Examples of mob sons being the real deal

Posted By: streetbossliborio

Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 01:49 AM

Examples where nepotism actually worked in creating a stand up powerhouse type guy. Traficante, Allie boy, barney spring to mind. Any others?
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 01:59 AM

Carmine Persico and Joe Butch. Bruno Indelicato is another one.

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 02:03 AM

Oh yeah forgot about Bruno. Just thought of trucchio, cammanaro, scopo, Joey merlino
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 02:12 AM

John Ciancaglini. Joey also made underboss at a very young age, but that didn't turn out well in the long run.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 08:48 AM

Allie shades malangone and his son Frank butch malangone;
Vincent Gigante with his sons Andrew and Salvatore and the other son Vincent Esposito that had with his mistress Olympia Esposito;
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 01:08 PM

Not sure you could say he was the "real deal" but he became boss: Raymond "Junior" Patriarca
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 01:24 PM

Sal Testa
Posted By: Jimmybrown

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 02:17 PM

Wonderboy's kid seems like the real deal
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sal_Bronte
Sal Testa

Honestly probably the best example. Made at 24, capo at 25 and was running things while Scarfo was in jail and leading the Riccobene war.
Posted By: Jshov31

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 10:55 PM

Bruno would be the top of the list for me. His father was killed in one of the biggest power moves ever and he still stayed strong and stuck to the code. Not too mention the Carmine Galante hit which was as publicized as anything in history. Bruno was treated like royalty on the compound. Him, Johnny Joe and Bobby were just treated different. Even the Muslims and Mexicans looked at them differently.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 11:25 PM

When massino was boss he kept bruno as a soldier. He was probaly afraid of him getting power again. Think i read he made him report direct to him. It must eat bruno alive he never got revenge on massino
Posted By: Jshov31

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/13/19 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
When massino was boss he kept bruno as a soldier. He was probaly afraid of him getting power again. Think i read he made him report direct to him. It must eat bruno alive he never got revenge on massino

We had a Cheese Factory we could see from the yard at Fairton. A few of the wiseguys made comments about somebody dropping a bomb on it hoping to kill “that fat fuck”. I always assumed they meant Massino.
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/14/19 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
John Ciancaglini. Joey also made underboss at a very young age, but that didn't turn out well in the long run.

Huh? How did it not work out for Joey?
Posted By: jcapo3

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/14/19 12:24 AM

Joe Punge

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/14/19 01:59 AM

Really interesting suggestions. Great info on Bruno in the pen. And didn’t know Massino kept him down like that but it makes sense when giving it second thought. Massino is the worst of the worst. All those killings and money and power then still flips.

And Sal testa has to be well up there.

Chang’s all were/are serious people. Would love to know what joey gets up to. Last I heard Nicky jr was trying to get him back in the game.

And I know nothing about Allie shades kid any info would be great
Posted By: southphilly old head

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/14/19 02:34 AM

The Changs you have to feel bad they way their family got torn apart but the father was a serious man. Michael Chang would have been a really good leader and actually went to war with is own brother. Johnnie did 2 long bits and the other brother Joey got half his head blown away and suffers hearing and vision loss as well as walks with a cane

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/14/19 11:42 PM

Lcn through and through the Chang’s. What’s joeys history as in how did he get linked up with stanfa away from mikey and merlino? Do we have any info on what he has done since also?
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/15/19 03:07 AM

Sonny and Michael Franzese comes to mind first. Also Paul Castellano is a second generation gangster.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/15/19 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by tenpin477
Sonny and Michael Franzese comes to mind first. Also Paul Castellano is a second generation gangster.

I thought of Franzese first as well. He seemed to be intelligent in all of the ways that most of the mobsters his age weren’t. I’m not sure if he would’ve ended up being Michael corleone had he become boss one day but I think he could have been a good candidate.
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/15/19 04:12 AM

I mean Carlo Gambino was born into mafia royalty so to speak. Likely had a lot of relatives on both sides supporting his moves to become boss. Joe Bonanno same thing.

Sarfo Jr made a lot of dough with the Lukes, no sure how much of a powerhouse he was though. Still stuck to the code.

Allie Boy Persico.
Posted By: Little_Frankie

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/15/19 01:00 PM

The Narduccis?

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/15/19 08:33 PM

Do you all feel Franzese would’ve been a great boss or do you think he would’ve been a bust?

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/15/19 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Stubbs
I mean Carlo Gambino was born into mafia royalty so to speak. Likely had a lot of relatives on both sides supporting his moves to become boss. Joe Bonanno same thing.

Sarfo Jr made a lot of dough with the Lukes, no sure how much of a powerhouse he was though. Still stuck to the code.

Allie Boy Persico.

Thank you for mentioning Carlo. I would say Tommy was the real deal as he was extremely successful. Maybe not like his father exactly but still more than most of his peers.
Posted By: JC

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/15/19 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Revis_Island
Do you all feel Franzese would’ve been a great boss or do you think he would’ve been a bust?

Sonny could never stay out of jail and had two rat sons, he would have been a horrible boss. He stayed true to his oath but that's about the best thing that he did, he definitely would not have been a good boss. I don't think that Michael would have ever gotten close, there were a lot of sharks in that family and I doubt that Michael could have climbed over them to get to the top.
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/15/19 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by JC

Sonny could never stay out of jail and had two rat sons, he would have been a horrible boss. He stayed true to his oath but that's about the best thing that he did, he definitely would not have been a good boss. I don't think that Michael would have ever gotten close, there were a lot of sharks in that family and I doubt that Michael could have climbed over them to get to the top.

I read something months ago that Micheal and Ally Boy were being groomed for the two top spots.
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/15/19 09:16 PM

Louis Eboli comes to mind. He was the son of Thomas Eboli.

He was close with some of the high-ranking members of the Chicago Outfit. When his father was whacked in NY; He vowed revenge but was stopped by Tony Accardo. Accardo was ready to have him whacked if he went against his wishes. Accardo apparently didnt want to stir the pot with the Genovese's in NY.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/15/19 09:23 PM

I get the distinct impression that Tommy Gambino would have ratted if it came down to it. He just looks like the weaselly kind of guy that was comfortable making money off violence but not having anything to do with it. I don't think he would've lasted a week in prison. I've seen recent pics of him; he looks like he enjoys the high society life.

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/16/19 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by JC

I was referring to Michael

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/16/19 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Originally Posted by JC

I read something months ago that Micheal and Ally Boy were being groomed for the two top spots.

I think I saw or heard that from somewhere too. The thing is, only a few mobsters really wanted to legitimize all of their business dealings and becoming business magnates. I think that by the time Michael Franzese’s era came around, the mob had missed that window to really expand and become as powerful as they could’ve been had they stayed on the same trajectory they were on in the 1930s-1950s.

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/16/19 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Originally Posted by JC

I think I saw or heard that from somewhere too. The thing is, only a few mobsters really wanted to legitimize all of their business dealings and becoming business magnates. I think that by the time Michael Franzese’s era came around, the mob had missed that window to really expand and become as powerful as they could’ve been had they stayed on the same trajectory they were on in the 1930s-1950s.

Maybe by his father but I doubt that the Persicos would have let him get close to the top, they apparently didn't like Sonny and after that sit down over the gas scam I don't think that they every trusted Michael again. They only wanted to share power with family members or really close friends, which Michael and his father were not. If it is Michael saying that he was being groomed I wouldn't believe him as far as I could throw him, he might be the biggest scammer of them all.

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/17/19 12:04 AM

Has anyone ever refuted Franzese’s claims? He always gave off a Michael corleone vibe to me for some reason.

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/17/19 12:40 AM

IMO Michael franzese is not on this list at all. Guy looked at getting time and ratted to get a reduction on non-lcn guys then gave up the life. Guy comes across well but fell upon the gas tax scam that made his name in the life.. I like his story about the sit down with gotti and believe it. However gotti would’ve died for it and Michael wasn’t into the life like that.

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/17/19 12:43 AM

And all the god stuff is BS IMO designed to make a good living from the speaking circuit. Don’t buy it in the slightest.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/17/19 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
IMO Michael franzese is not on this list at all. Guy looked at getting time and ratted to get a reduction on non-lcn guys then gave up the life. Guy comes across well but fell upon the gas tax scam that made his name in the life.. I like his story about the sit down with gotti and believe it. However gotti would’ve died for it and Michael wasn’t into the life like that.

Well he was smart enough to leave that shitty life. Gotti during for the life is nothing to be proud for lol.

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/17/19 03:50 AM

Agreed. I was referring to the topic of sons who were the real deal re lcn. Not necessarily their IQs..

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/17/19 04:44 AM

Has anyone ever refuted Franzese’s claims? He always gave off a Michael corleone vibe to me for some reason.

There is no real way to refute his claims, but the Persicos didn't like to share, why would they share with him? If anything they would have kept milking him for all that they could and then gotten rid of him, they were able to get rid of a street smart gangster like Wild Bill, why not him?

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/17/19 07:00 PM

Was Franzese the main benefactor of the profits from the gas scam? Whenever it is brought up it sounds like he was making most of the money. Casso was making a lot but nothing close to Franzese apparently.

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/19/19 12:52 AM

I believe Franzese got in their first with his guy. I’ve read both their autobiographies. I Remember cassO got testa to whack out the guy giving his Russian gas scam guy trouble.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/19/19 01:44 AM

Didn’t each family have a representative to handle the gas scam for each family? Pretty sure Joe Glitz Galizia was the rep for the west side. Maybe the Bonanno’s didn’t have anyone since they didn’t have a seat on the commission at the time. Who was the rep for the Gambinos?

Re: Examples of mob sons being the real deal - 03/19/19 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
Didn’t each family have a representative to handle the gas scam for each family? Pretty sure Joe Glitz Galizia was the rep for the west side. Maybe the Bonanno’s didn’t have anyone since they didn’t have a seat on the commission at the time. Who was the rep for the Gambinos?

I thought the Lucchese’s and Colombo’s were in on it the most. How envious were the bigger families like the Genovese and Gambino’s? Casso has said that the gas scam made him more money than drugs ever did. Franzese allegedly made millions a week. If the American mafia could keep finding rackets that earned like this then they could’ve really stuck to their model of making money and doing business without having to sell drugs.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET