Home

Rip Carmine Persico

Posted By: Slimshady

Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 03:00 AM

Just got word that Carmine passed away. Rest In Peace. Any speculation to whos the new boss?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 03:22 AM

makes vic amuso the last of the bosses approved from the commission. i guess ray jr but he was taken down. whose the new boss i bet if hes in good health andy russo. guy said on tape i dont give a fuck if i die in jail in lcn till the end. but maybe they take a vote. people will speculate his son allie is but i just dont think so. other families will say nope
Posted By: azguy

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 03:42 AM

Hasn't Allie been the acting boss since like the early 2000's ?? I'm sure he'll get the spot "officially" and they'll name another street boss. I'm not sure why the people on the street put up with this. How many people out there actually knew/know Carmine or Allie ?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 04:16 AM

alies been locked up since 1999 thats 20yrs i just think the gambino genovese and bonnano bosses will say no pick someone on the street or we wont recongnize shit ect
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 04:40 AM

pmac, I thought all bosses had to be approved by the commission. I suppose there no longer really is a commission. I've read they haven't met since the 80s.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 05:20 AM

Yaeh oak i dont think theres been a meeting of all 5 bosses an there underbosses an consigs like 70tys even mid 80tys. But im sure the gambino bosses will back 1 guy the genovese will back another and the bonnano will side with 1 of them. Whoever running the lucheses. I would bet vic amuso will want a say. He was friends wit carmine. It wont be a vote between the family's more like how it benefits them
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 05:21 AM

Massino said the last time there was a commission meeting was before paul castellano was hit by gotti. Bosses meet an mingle but they never considerd it the commission cause gotti broke the killing a boss rule and all the fbi surveillance.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 05:25 AM

Thanks for the news Slim Shady
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 07:47 AM

I think that the colombos hierarchy prefer a boss on the streets that an another boss in prison because the family can be rebuilted only a boss on the street,for sure allie boy will be the official boss and will receive some money from the his parents but nothing more.
The last commission meeting was in 2000 but anyway the colombos have rackets with the other families so the new boss should ask the other family rapresentatives for be to be recognized as new boss.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 11:55 AM

Carmine has been sick for many years and he was not running the family for many many years .

People here had him sending daily or weekly word to guys just not true , when Allie daughter was pushing for his release that’s why the guy could not walk 50 ft before he needed to sit r be scooped up by a wheelchair he set so many years in the joint his health was taking the toll .


RIP
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 12:03 PM

Legendary New York Mafia boss Carmine Persico was the ultimate survivor, up until his death behind bars http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...boss-carmine-persico-was-the-ultimate-su
Posted By: British

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 12:06 PM

Is there any viable family left to run?
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 12:31 PM

Why would the other families give a shit who runs the Colombo's anymore? They don't give a shit.
Posted By: Slimshady

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Why would the other families give a shit who runs the Colombo's anymore? They don't give a shit.

Ur comment makes no sense. Familes today still care who is the boss of any family. In a recent indictment, the Bonanno family informed the westside abt Joe C’s promotion to boss.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 03:15 PM

RIP
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
pmac, I thought all bosses had to be approved by the commission. I suppose there no longer really is a commission. I've read they haven't met since the 80s.


I assume the bosses don’t all sit down at a table together and discuss business in person. But that doesn’t mean they don’t still weigh in on decisions.

My guess is each boss has a messenger that goes and delivers information to the other families. That messenger might even be an associate or low level solider who is able to work directly with the boss, especially ones who are blood family members. Like Chin Gigante’s son I assume did that back in the day.

Some of these “associates” really work directly for the boss instead of being under a soldier. They have small titles or even are kept from being made to keep them out of getting long sentences. But their lack of a heavy title hides their true power. Like Michael Perisco is an assocate, right? But he’s the son of the boss so he has a lot more power than a normal associate.

That’s what I’m guessing Todaro Jr. did down in Florida when he supposedly consulted with New York about Violi as underboss. I doubt Todaro was sitting down at brunch in Boca with Frank Cali and Barney Bellomo, lol. Each boss probably sent their representative to give him their blessing.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 05:09 PM

Stubs thats what i was saying but my retarded brain couldnt get it out. But i would say atleast a soldier who is highly respected but under the radar. Florida is probaly were the discussion happen this time of year.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 05:10 PM

Persico was his own lawyer at his RICO trial. Small wonder he got that big sentence.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 05:10 PM

Still bet mike persico was given his button before he went to prison for 5yrs
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Slimshady
Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Why would the other families give a shit who runs the Colombo's anymore? They don't give a shit.

Ur comment makes no sense. Familes today still care who is the boss of any family. In a recent indictment, the Bonanno family informed the westside abt Joe C’s promotion to boss.


The Colombos are the weakest and the smallest of the 5 families that anyway had common bussinesses and for sure they want to know who run the colombo family day-to-day operations.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 06:05 PM

colombos are the smallest family but they might have the most or equaly guys on staten island. and brooklyn/long island.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 06:18 PM

you guys think he has a huge mafia style wake an funeral. im guessing yaeh. media coverage?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 06:20 PM

i bet will see sonny franseze being pushed threw. im the boss now lol
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 06:47 PM

James Caan. Next Colombo boss.
Posted By: Slimshady

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
you guys think he has a huge mafia style wake an funeral. im guessing yaeh. media coverage?

The media might cover the funeral. If they do, then that’ll be interesting.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Slimshady
Originally Posted by pmac
you guys think he has a huge mafia style wake an funeral. im guessing yaeh. media coverage?

The media might cover the funeral. If they do, then that’ll be interesting.


Would be a great photo op for all if so.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
i bet will see sonny franseze being pushed threw. im the boss now lol


He'll definitely be there. All the capos as well. Every important member will be there.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 09:23 PM

I would love to see a pic of every single person attending.
Everyone.
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/08/19 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
Stubs thats what i was saying but my retarded brain couldnt get it out. But i would say atleast a soldier who is highly respected but under the radar. Florida is probaly were the discussion happen this time of year.


All good, I think I've got a decent handle on both Brooklynese and Pmacese lol
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 12:23 AM

Say whatever you want about Carmine Persico, but he stood tall until the very end.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Say whatever you want about Carmine Persico, but he stood tall until the very end.


No he didn't. Serp said he was confined to a wheelchair for the last few years of his life.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 12:58 AM

I wonder if anyone got any pics of him being toted around hospice or even after death that would surface later down the road.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Stubbs
That’s what I’m guessing Todaro Jr. did down in Florida when he supposedly consulted with New York about Violi as underboss. I doubt Todaro was sitting down at brunch in Boca with Frank Cali and Barney Bellomo, lol. Each boss probably sent their representative to give him their blessing.


in that case i bet the bonanno's asked todaro jr to rebuild his dormant family and make violi underboss because they needed allied in canada to fight the rizzuto faction
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 09:46 AM

If the colombos would made like the Lucchese ie allie boy will hold the title of boss but someone would be the real boss on the streets how are the family heavy weight that can be the real boss?
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Say whatever you want about Carmine Persico, but he stood tall until the very end.


No he didn't. Serp said he was confined to a wheelchair for the last few years of his life.


Not confined on constant basis he needed one not because of loss of motor skills per say lot to do with respiratory problems and at his age in the joint for all those years I am surprised he made it that long.


And yeah he still stood up for what he believed in and for the most part his entire family has and still is the woman in that family have more balls then many of the fucken guys crumbling after they take the oath ! Fuck don’t take it .



Posted By: Slimshady

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Say whatever you want about Carmine Persico, but he stood tall until the very end.


No he didn't. Serp said he was confined to a wheelchair for the last few years of his life.

😂
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 10:41 PM

Any chance Teddy Persico will become next in line? Andy mush is getting old, how is his health?
How many mobster Persicos are currently outside and able to take the reins? I can't keep count on that Clan, they procreate like rats
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 10:47 PM

This site claims Rob Donofrio is the new captain of the ship, I haven't heard about him nor do I find much about him on the internet, any info would be greatly appreciated!
https://www.cosanostranews.com/2011/01/ny-post-future-of-colombo-family.html?m=1
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 10:52 PM

I don’t want to ruffle feathers but I hope he rots in hell. RIP? My grandfather and great uncles defended this country against the nazis, they and all like them should RIP these physcopaths don’t deserve a place in the heavens with them and others like them just my opinion. BTW doesn’t change the fact I’m intrigued by them and their code.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by majicrat
I don’t want to ruffle feathers but I hope he rots in hell. RIP? My grandfather and great uncles defended this country against the nazis, they and all like them should RIP these physcopaths don’t deserve a place in the heavens with them and others like them just my opinion. BTW doesn’t change the fact I’m intrigued by them and their code.



To be honest, yeah alot of those guys were sick but all the mafia did was offering what used to b illegal but is now legal. Besides the scams and the hustling, they offered protection, loans, gambling and alot of Sh*t that the government has since made legal which in turn has decreased or at the very least put a dent on their rackets. Government restrictions and legislations have also made it harder for infiltrating unions and for example the garbage haul industey

I would prefer mobsters in my neighborhood over sp*cs and crips doing drivebys at wafflehouse and selling crack to kids over the McDonalds counter. How the government is more focused is on the mob is beyond me, must be the money they were able to bring in.

Too put it in perspective, was/is the mob so bad seeing how most of THEIR activities has become state run nowadays, the government is hypocritical af. I would prefer seeing the real nasty dangerous criminals behind bars compared to those who mostly kept to themselves and those who chose to interact and do business with them? (yes i know there are plenty of cases where the mob pushed into civilians lifes and businesses, but in the bigger picture they were mostly gents.

They are responsible for alot of vegas, musicians and pop culture. The government should do with the mafia what Tokyo does to the Yakuza - TAX THEM! Then the mob and state would be best friends believe me
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 11:18 PM

And if you compare the government and all the sh*t they have done to other people through the years and what they are Even currently doing - most mobsters would come out as saints.

Why a mobster killing in a mobster war is viewed different than a politician ordering a soldier to kill is so different? Because we're brainwashed

The government abduct people, unknowingly and unwillingly drug people, CIVIL F*CKING FORFEITURE tons of other life ruining sick practices are going on everyday. Yet neighborhood "governments" deserve to die and rot in hell.

Sorry but government hypocracy really gets under my skin
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/09/19 11:37 PM

The grandsons will probably get involved in the Colombos it's in their blood.
Posted By: JoeTadaro

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 12:52 AM

Any info on the grandsons
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by JoeTadaro
Any info on the grandsons


Carmine Persico served time for a fight.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 02:25 AM

so very true. you are so right luxury dog,
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by majicrat
My grandfather and great uncles defended this country against the nazis, they and all like them should RIP these physcopaths don’t deserve a place in the heavens with them


Seems your problem is with the church. The beliefs in general. Because the beliefs say that God loves sinners and non sinners alike.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I would prefer mobsters in my neighborhood over sp*cs and crips doing drivebys at wafflehouse and selling crack to kids over the McDonalds counter.


So in other words you don't mind being robbed by your own kind.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I would prefer mobsters in my neighborhood over sp*cs and crips doing drivebys at wafflehouse and selling crack to kids over the McDonalds counter.


So in other words you don't mind being robbed by your own kind.


That was not the point Oaks, I'm saying there are more traumatized grandmothers because of street gangs rather than scam organizations

I would prefered to be scammed contra being robbed at gunpoint by Tyrone and his seven brothers.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander
The grandsons will probably get involved in the Colombos it's in their blood.


15 new recruits right there for the Colombos!
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 09:02 AM

There is a lot of talk about Joe Amato and Billy Russo.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I would prefer mobsters in my neighborhood over sp*cs and crips doing drivebys at wafflehouse and selling crack to kids over the McDonalds counter.


So in other words you don't mind being robbed by your own kind.


That was not the point Oaks, I'm saying there are more traumatized grandmothers because of street gangs rather than scam organizations

I would prefered to be scammed contra being robbed at gunpoint by Tyrone and his seven brothers.


You do realise all the mob families are heavily involved with drugs and don't have any moral compunction about who they sell it to?

There are at least a thousand, conservative estimate, members of organised crime in the states of New York and New Jersey. Is there a college these people attend to get a degree in the mafia, or more likely, these people are in to the same petty street crime as the black gang members you refer to before they're recruited into the mafia.

What do you think gangs like the Tanglewood Boys are for?

Hell, the Philadelphia LCN is basically a more organised, slightly finessed version of traditional black street gangs.

I had to laugh reading at Persico's rap sheet, too. Attempted rape one of the myriad things he was accused of. Like people such as him or Franzese or Cacace have any moral higher ground over anyone else.

He had a stable home life, his father a law firm stenographer. His son intelligent enough to attend a good college.

It's not like black inner-city kids raised by junkie mothers in single-parent homes surrounded by an institutionally biased system have opportunities like that.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 03:46 PM

Franzese and Persico aren't rapists, Moe. Do you believe everything you read on the internet? Or just when it's something negative about so called members of organized crime? Carmine Persico was loved, Moe. Did more for Brooklyn than just about anyone. Did he off a few people? Sure. He was no angel, but he did way more good than bad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and everyone in Brooklyn who is hurting right now.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I would prefer mobsters in my neighborhood over sp*cs and crips doing drivebys at wafflehouse and selling crack to kids over the McDonalds counter.


So in other words you don't mind being robbed by your own kind.


That was not the point Oaks, I'm saying there are more traumatized grandmothers because of street gangs rather than scam organizations

I would prefered to be scammed contra being robbed at gunpoint by Tyrone and his seven brothers.


You do realise all the mob families are heavily involved with drugs and don't have any moral compunction about who they sell it to?

There are at least a thousand, conservative estimate, members of organised crime in the states of New York and New Jersey. Is there a college these people attend to get a degree in the mafia, or more likely, these people are in to the same petty street crime as the black gang members you refer to before they're recruited into the mafia.

What do you think gangs like the Tanglewood Boys are for?

Hell, the Philadelphia LCN is basically a more organised, slightly finessed version of traditional black street gangs.

I had to laugh reading at Persico's rap sheet, too. Attempted rape one of the myriad things he was accused of. Like people such as him or Franzese or Cacace have any moral higher ground over anyone else.

He had a stable home life, his father a law firm stenographer. His son intelligent enough to attend a good college.

It's not like black inner-city kids raised by junkie mothers in single-parent homes surrounded by an institutionally biased system have opportunities like that.


I don't want to sound racist but statistically speaking you are more likelly to get stabbed, mugged, raped and killed by some other ethnic groups rather than italians. I just think priorities are wrong. I would prefer a harder line on these harder, more violent gangs rather than a bunch of gloryfied scam artists with a few killers in their organization.
Then again I would like to point out that the US government are selling drugs in other countries, they sell guns to millitias and fanatics and deliberately destabilize other, weaker countries which in turn makes millions suffer.
I am NOT saying LCN is great and good, but they are so much better than many others.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Franzese and Persico aren't rapists, Moe. Do you believe everything you read on the internet? Or just when it's something negative about so called members of organized crime? Carmine Persico was loved, Moe. Did more for Brooklyn than just about anyone. Did he off a few people? Sure. He was no angel, but he did way more good than bad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and everyone in Brooklyn who is hurting right now.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Franzese and Persico aren't rapists, Moe. Do you believe everything you read on the internet? Or just when it's something negative about so called members of organized crime? Carmine Persico was loved, Moe. Did more for Brooklyn than just about anyone. Did he off a few people? Sure. He was no angel, but he did way more good than bad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and everyone in Brooklyn who is hurting right now.


How would you know if they were or weren't?

It's just hard to suppress a chuckle when you read his rap sheet on his obit on the BBC and then to have people act like he was persecuted by the government or something.

Prison isn't supposed to be a holiday camp for these people like it was back in the 60s and 70s. Those days are over. Persico lived to what, 85.

What age are most people expected to live to?

And Luxurydog, of course black people are more statistically likely to be responsible for the things you mention, but it's irrelevant to any discussions about LCN to be honest.

The life circumstances of most mobsters are completely different to the life circumstances of black hoodlums.

Name one mobster that grew up in a Cabrini-Green situation.

None of this is to make it sound like I'm defending black crime statistics. I'm just saying you have to realise there's sociocultural reasons for it that transcend people actively choosing to pursue a life of crime. Most of these black guys don't have the agency of people like Anthony Nicodemo or your Persico or Galante or Orena grandchild.

With all the money yuppies like Persico or Orena grandchildren grow up with what possible justification is there for pursuing crime over something more magnanimous?
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I'm saying there are more traumatized grandmothers because of street gangs rather than scam organizations


Considering how rampant identity theft is today, I doubt this. Seniors are primary targets of fraud.

Quote
I would prefered to be scammed contra being robbed at gunpoint by Tyrone and his seven brothers.


I'm sure you would, and you'll get your wish because you're more likely to be a victim of the type of fraud carried out by mobsters than of being robbed by Tyrone and his seven brothers.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
(Carmine Persico) Did more for Brooklyn than just about anyone.


What, for instance?
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I don't want to sound racist but statistically speaking you are more likelly to get stabbed, mugged, raped and killed by some other ethnic groups rather than italians.


First off your comparison is biased because you're narrowing whites down to one sub group, Italians, and weighing their crime statistics against all blacks.

Secondly, these stats have been highly contested. They're often outdated, and they don't account for economic factors playing a role in the same trends. Correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Name one mobster that grew up in a Cabrini-Green situation.


Interestingly enough, in the 1930s and 40s most of them did. And notice this was the era where the mob had the most class. It wasn't until the mob became more suburban that they got trashier and began to further resemble the style of other drug gangs.
Posted By: Slimshady

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 05:30 PM

Keep the racist bs outta my thread.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 05:31 PM

There's probably a lot more elderly people who are victims of white collar crime than there are elderly people who are victims of violent crime.

Look at this: http://www.ladbible.com/now/viral-s...derly-mum-into-buying-new-doors-20161015

I guarantee you there lots more door-to-door salesmen and tradesmen who would have no compunctions about taking advantage of older people. A lot of older people, unfortunately, have no clue about personal finances and it puts a strain on their children knowing that there are sharks out there, much like the guy in the linked story.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
There's probably a lot more elderly people who are victims of white collar crime than there are elderly people who are victims of violent crime.

Look at this: http://www.ladbible.com/now/viral-s...derly-mum-into-buying-new-doors-20161015

I guarantee you there lots more door-to-door salesmen and tradesmen who would have no compunctions about taking advantage of older people. A lot of older people, unfortunately, have no clue about personal finances and it puts a strain on their children knowing that there are sharks out there, much like the guy in the linked story.



Eyh, if you choose to send your money to a nigerian prince thats on you.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 06:18 PM

The Nigerian Prince (or the Russian hacker) is going to rip your grandmother off for far more than any of the minority street gangs will. That's the point.

Predatory sales tactics to the elderly is a serious problem, especially to elderly people living alone. The legality of it is in a gray area because of decreasing business regulations. A lot of salespeople are instructed to deceive the elderly, to say the kinds of things they'll fall for, and for the most part they get away clean. This is a much bigger threat to the elderly than violent crime, even in high crime areas.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
The Nigerian Prince (or the Russian hacker) is going to rip your grandmother off for far more than any of the minority street gangs will. That's the point.

Predatory sales tactics to the elderly is a serious problem, especially to elderly people living alone. The legality of it is in a gray area because of decreasing business regulations. A lot of salespeople are instructed to deceive the elderly, to say the kinds of things they'll fall for, and for the most part they get away clean. This is a much bigger threat to the elderly than violent crime, even in high crime areas.


Im not saying against it, the world is sh*t in many ways.
My point earlier was only that I think its worthwile to crack more down on more upfront violent crime.
The state should offer lectures and educate oldfolks maybe, unless the state is in on the scam which honestly wouldn't surprise me much.

People can call both me and my statements bias but its motherf*cking facts. And I stick with my opinion that scam artists where you "choose" to give your money away may be more lucrative but much better than gunpoint robbries at ATM Machines. Which is more common, accepted and encouraged among black, latin and those types of gangs. I promise I don't hate minorities although you can interpret it like that if you're that delicate eveb though i disclaimed it. I dont really care tbh.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 06:46 PM

Actually, you presented no facts. You just parroted the widely contested statement that minority gangs are more dangerous than white organized crime groups. There is really no scientific way to determine this. Most of the stats are not applicable because there are so many other factors at play (poverty, age, how gangs and the mob use each other, and several other factors). Again, correlation doesn't equal causation. The most accurate conclusion is that the mafia and street gangs are both dangerous.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Actually, you presented no facts. You just parroted the widely contested statement that minority gangs are more dangerous than white organized crime groups. There is really no scientific way to determine this. Most of the stats are not applicable because there are so many other factors at play. Again, correlation doesn't equal causation. The most accurate conclusion is that the mafia and street gangs are both dangerous.


I agree, but tell me which one you'd prefer outside in your neighborhood.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I agree, but tell me which one you'd prefer outside in youneighborhood.


It depends which mobsters and which gang members.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I agree, but tell me which one you'd prefer outside in youneighborhood.


It depends which mobsters and which gang members.


Fair enough, Oaks
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 06:52 PM

I'd bet the guy who accidentally hit John Gotti's son with a car wished he lived in a gang area instead of a mob controlled area.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:00 PM

The guy whose jaw was broken by Carmine Persico's grandson probably wishes a gang member asked him for his lighter instead.

All the guys who crossed paths with Junior Gotti when he was using his surname to start gang assaults on random people probably wished they encountered the son of a gang member instead.

The guy who spoke to the girlfriend of Carmine Galante's nephew would probably have wished to have spoken to a gang member's girlfriend instead, were he still alive.

Or maybe it doesn't make a difference?

There are scumbags from every walk of life. It doesn't matter whether they wear NBA merchandise or Fila shell suits.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I'd bet the guy who accidentally hit John Gotti's son with a car wished he lived in a gang area instead of a mob controlled area.


Yeah, can you imagine if he hit Big Meech's kid instead?
(leader of BMF)
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I'd bet the guy who accidentally hit John Gotti's son with a car wished he lived in a gang area instead of a mob controlled area.


Yeah, can you imagine if he hit Big Meech's kid instead?
(leader of BMF)


Dissolve his body in even more acid?
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden


Or maybe it doesn't make a difference?

There are scumbags from every walk of life. It doesn't matter whether they wear NBA merchandise or Fila shell suits.


Totally, but you are painting the wrong picture here I dunno how to respond, i disagree because the point is the scale.

Wiki:


According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than vice versa
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I'd bet the guy who accidentally hit John Gotti's son with a car wished he lived in a gang area instead of a mob controlled area.


Yeah, can you imagine if he hit Big Meech's kid instead?
(leader of BMF)


Dissolve his body in even more acid?


Probably.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Yeah, can you imagine if he hit Big Meech's kid instead?
(leader of BMF)


Same result. You're further demonstrating my point.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than vice versa


I hate to be repetitive, but every time you do this, I have to set the record straight. These stats overlook too many other factors. Poverty, age, quality of education, and many others. Correlation does not equal causation.
Posted By: JC

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
The guy whose jaw was broken by Carmine Persico's grandson probably wishes a gang member asked him for his lighter instead.

All the guys who crossed paths with Junior Gotti when he was using his surname to start gang assaults on random people probably wished they encountered the son of a gang member instead.

The guy who spoke to the girlfriend of Carmine Galante's nephew would probably have wished to have spoken to a gang member's girlfriend instead, were he still alive.

Or maybe it doesn't make a difference?

There are scumbags from every walk of life. It doesn't matter whether they wear NBA merchandise or Fila shell suits.


Whether it was Junior Gotti and his crew of steroid freaks busting heads or the Scrawny Guy and his crew of glorified gang members rolling drunks in Margate, the unproved assaults by the young punks from the second generation are the most annoying to me. I know that neither of their dads were fathers of the year, but they each had a chance to follow a different path. There is no excuse for attacking civilians who because of who their dads were really couldn't even fight back.
Posted By: JC

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I agree, but tell me which one you'd prefer outside in youneighborhood.


It depends which mobsters and which gang members.


Fair enough, Oaks


I don't think that you can say that Carmine Persico or any other mob boss was a good guy, on balance they do far more harm than good. I am not a liberal by any means but guys like Persico and Gotti were portrayed much differently by the media and perceived much differently by the general public than guys like Jeff Fort or Tookie Williams or El Chapo. I am sure that there are people from their neighborhoods or towns who could point to some nice things that they did in the community. Heck, some people in Columbia loved Escobar. Good deeds after a guy has murdered his way to the top don't excuse all of the death and suffering that he likely caused, be the guy Italian, Black, Mexican of whatever else.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 08:25 PM

I don't think concluding that both the mob and gang members are bad is party to any political ideology. The fact that it needs to be explained shows how hysterical this country has become.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 08:33 PM

Steering the thread back to a old school mafia boss insert picture of his brooklyn mansion. Has there been a offical obit?
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than vice versa


I hate to be repetitive, but every time you do this, I have to set the record straight. These stats overlook too many other factors. Poverty, age, quality of education, and many others. Correlation does not equal causation.


[Linked Image]
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 10:02 PM

Is the point of the meme that he's a liar and a scumbag because he's black?
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Is the point of the meme that he's a liar and a scumbag because he's black?


The point is that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 10:10 PM

Ralphie's going to take his ball and go home.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/10/19 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than vice versa


I hate to be repetitive, but every time you do this, I have to set the record straight. These stats overlook too many other factors. Poverty, age, quality of education, and many others. Correlation does not equal causation.


Whats those fancy words got to so with anything?
It's still facts if it where the other way around and whites was the poverished prosecuted gangbangerz I would still say the same about them. It got nothing to do with the rotation of the moon or how fast the grass grows in sweden. It is wat it isno matter how you sugecoat it.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/11/19 12:20 AM

But it's not what it is, because you're claiming correlation establishes causation. There are other factors that produce similar statistics. Income and quality of education, for instance. These factors could just as likely be the catalyst for criminal behavior.

As far as fancy words, the terminology I'm using is pretty much 12th grade reading level. If it's not making sense, let me know what you need help with.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/11/19 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog

I agree, but tell me which one you'd prefer outside in your neighborhood.


i grow up in a extremely mobbed up area in italy, i don't know about street gangs areas, but it's better to live in a place witouth any of them if possible
but i think mafia is by far dangerous, at least in the long period
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/11/19 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
But it's not what it is, because you're claiming correlation establishes causation. There are other factors that produce similar statistics. Income and quality of education, for instance. These factors could just as likely be the catalyst for criminal behavior.

As far as fancy words, the terminology I'm using is pretty much 12th grade reading level. If it's not making sense, let me know what you need help with.


I went through 12th grade 12 times so that's bs!
Jk, but had to google correlation-causation
Why don't blacks promote gambling and such at the same scale? God knows that poor people gamble the most.

Also, you can correlate causiate whatever you want, it's still how it is even if it is because of unfair systems or whatever. You can't argue against it with that argument.

You can't say that someone didn't climb mount everest because there was so much wind up their ass they levitated.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/11/19 12:26 PM

We're not arguing how anything is. You're trying to establish cause, and making a weak case.

You brought race into this discussion, to make the case that the mob isn't as bad as black gangs, all because you were triggered by someone's argument that someone like Persico shouldnt be put on a pedestal. So, if you're going to try to make your case with crime stats, you need to find stats that couldnt also be explained by poverty and education level.
Posted By: Primo

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/11/19 09:25 PM

RIP Mr. Persico
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/11/19 10:03 PM

RIP Mary Bari.
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 12:03 AM

RIP Matteo Speranza, for those who don’t know. Innocent bagel shop worker killed during Columbo war mistaken identity.
Posted By: Primo

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 12:41 AM

R.I.P Joe "Crazy Joe" Gallo
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 12:46 AM

RIP Albert Anastasia
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 12:52 AM

I read he will appear in Scorsese's The Irishman.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 01:29 AM

rip john irish matera
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 01:33 AM

A scumbag's a scumbag's a scumbag. Race has nothing to do with it. You're wasting your time arguing with it. It thrives on these pointless arguments. It still has yet to answer the question of what it does for a living or how it contributes to society in a positive way. If you're patient enough for 2020, it will take another hiatus.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 02:56 AM

rip joe brewster dedomenico. we just gonna kicking posting all the guys carmine had whacked gonna take awhile
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 03:18 AM

But Persico "did more for Brooklyn than anyone". Still waiting for examples of this, btw.
Posted By: Primo

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 03:22 AM

R.I.P Joe Columbo
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
James Caan. Next Colombo boss.

LOL Oak...that was funny..they r probably the same age bracket also...
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by pmac
Stubs thats what i was saying but my retarded brain couldnt get it out. But i would say atleast a soldier who is highly respected but under the radar. Florida is probaly were the discussion happen this time of year.

Pmac..ur not retarded..just probably had 1 or 2 many sips...ur a respected poster 4 Christs sake..& an all knowing dude about our subjects.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
And if you compare the government and all the sh*t they have done to other people through the years and what they are Even currently doing - most mobsters would come out as saints.

Why a mobster killing in a mobster war is viewed different than a politician ordering a soldier to kill is so different? Because we're brainwashed

The government abduct people, unknowingly and unwillingly drug people, CIVIL F*CKING FORFEITURE tons of other life ruining sick practices are going on everyday. Yet neighborhood "governments" deserve to die and rot in hell.

Sorry but government hypocracy really gets under my skin

Well said & ur post above newbie.....I enjoy & agree w/ ur true & feasible facts & thoughts!....
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Slimshady
Keep the racist bs outta my thread.

thank u ….well thought & said..As much as I respect Oaks posts & enjoy thinking them through , he can insinuate disrupt on any given thread if he has an agenda or feels strongly about a certain subject.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by hoodlum
thank u ….well thought & said..As much as I respect Oaks posts & enjoy thinking them through , he can insinuate disrupt on any given thread if he has an agenda or feels strongly about a certain subject.


Shut up.
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
And if you compare the government and all the sh*t they have done to other people through the years and what they are Even currently doing - most mobsters would come out as saints.

Why a mobster killing in a mobster war is viewed different than a politician ordering a soldier to kill is so different? Because we're brainwashed

The government abduct people, unknowingly and unwillingly drug people, CIVIL F*CKING FORFEITURE tons of other life ruining sick practices are going on everyday. Yet neighborhood "governments" deserve to die and rot in hell.

Sorry but government hypocracy really gets under my skin

Well said & ur post above newbie.....I enjoy & agree w/ ur true & feasible facts & thoughts!....


Thank you Hoodlum
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
We're not arguing how anything is. You're trying to establish cause, and making a weak case.

You brought race into this discussion, to make the case that the mob isn't as bad as black gangs, all because you were triggered by someone's argument that someone like Persico shouldnt be put on a pedestal. So, if you're going to try to make your case with crime stats, you need to find stats that couldnt also be explained by poverty and education level.


I stopped responding, i would like you to go back to section 2 and read my comment once more, friend.

Do you happen to be african american yourself Oaks?
Because I feel like you were the triggered part here.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I stopped responding,



Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Do you happen to be african american yourself Oaks?
Posted By: SC

Re: Rip Carmine Persico - 03/12/19 01:04 PM

This thread has clearly run its usefulness and has landed on the path to trouble. In order to block that from happening the thread is now closed.
© 2020 GangsterBB.NET