Home

Newark Colombos / Jimmy Randazzo

Posted By: DonCheech

Newark Colombos / Jimmy Randazzo - 03/07/19 02:41 PM

We all know Newark has or was a hot spot for OC with practically all major families having their piece, but I've never heard much about the Colombo family rackets in Newark. I know Jimmy Randazzo was a fixture there, especially around Bloomfield Ave area, but I have no idea if he controlled anything or if he was merely the family representative. Did he have a social club or other hangout? Ray Cagno, who eventually whacked Randazzo, and Peter "Petey Black" Campisi were other Colombos that were Newark based if I'm not mistaken and were up in the Vailsburg section.

Anyone able to shed some light on the Newark Colombos?

Side note, A friend of mine who grew up off of Bloomfield Avenue says that Jimmy Randazzo used to help her mom carry her groceries when he saw her. She loved the him. He seemed like a decent guy and perhaps well liked.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Newark Colombos / Jimmy Randazzo - 03/07/19 03:53 PM

I believe all five NY families had crews in Jersey at one time because one of the pre-DeCavalcante Jersey families (Elizabeth?) was split among the NY families.
Posted By: JoeTadaro

Re: Newark Colombos / Jimmy Randazzo - 03/07/19 04:54 PM

Who is active in Newark New Jersey as of right now very curious my brother goes to school down there
Posted By: DonCheech

Re: Newark Colombos / Jimmy Randazzo - 03/07/19 05:06 PM

I think it was the Newark family that was dissolved and split up. Alot went to the Elizabeth family (DeCalvacante) and others elsewhere. Settimo Accardi was in the Newark family if I'm not mistaken before he went with the Luccheses. His headquarters was around 15th Ave in Newark I think.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Newark Colombos / Jimmy Randazzo - 03/07/19 09:31 PM

Thanks DonCheech. Wasn't Profaci instrumental in that split? That would indicate there had to have been Colombos in NJ.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Newark Colombos / Jimmy Randazzo - 03/07/19 09:52 PM

Profaci had a son that was a capo under persico then orena. He was based in new jersey he sided wit orena. He was arrested in connection to the john stanfa wiretaps at that lawyers office. He said famously goodfellas dont sue goodfellas. Goodfellas kill goodfellas. The lawyer wanted to sue genovese golden goose papa smurf and profaci was against it. He new he couldnt win a sitdown. I read that part somewhere. That guy papa smurf made them to much money and someone would have died
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Newark Colombos / Jimmy Randazzo - 06/30/19 07:32 AM

Tom's River and Pleasant Point NJ is where you will find it members and associates. There is no longer an official crew as Carmine Persico, stripped Salvatore Profaci of the rank of Capo and disbanded the crew to other crews after the 3rd Colombo war. Bobby Cogno a New Jersey associate to the family and turned government witness described it. Colombo Capos Ralph Lombardo and Thomas Petrizzo both have active soldiers in the state. After Andy Russo was installed as street boss and after Carmine Persico passed there has been whispers of the Colombos reinstating a New Jersey crew, especially with Carmine Persico passing away.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Newark Colombos / Jimmy Randazzo - 06/30/19 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Tom's River and Pleasant Point NJ is where you will find it members and associates. There is no longer an official crew as Carmine Persico, stripped Salvatore Profaci of the rank of Capo and disbanded the crew to other crews after the 3rd Colombo war. Bobby Cogno a New Jersey associate to the family and turned government witness described it. Colombo Capos Ralph Lombardo and Thomas Petrizzo both have active soldiers in the state. After Andy Russo was installed as street boss and after Carmine Persico passed there has been whispers of the Colombos reinstating a New Jersey crew, especially with Carmine Persico passing away.

You need to seriously ask Steven Spielberg for a writing job...
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Newark Colombos / Jimmy Randazzo - 07/01/19 02:31 AM

DM, believe it or not I actually met Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, and George Lucas in San Francisco bay area all eating at a restaurant, not the Rubicon. Again Spielberg and Tom Hank at another restaurant with a producer I can't remember the name. At the Rubicon I saw FFC and met Nicholas Cage that night.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET