Home

Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx

Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 12:36 AM

https://nypost.com/2018/10/04/reputed-mobster-gunned-down-at-mcdonalds-drive-thru/
Posted By: M_Martino

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 12:42 AM

Damn. They really wanted him gone.
Posted By: Ravens410

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 12:44 AM

Something is now definitely going on with the Bonannos. Crazy shit
Posted By: pmac

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 12:54 AM

yaeh they ripped off the wrong drug dealers i'd bet my last dollar this isnt lcn stuff. hes old thou to be hit maybe they couldnt kill his son so they did the next best thing. bronx is were all the cocaine and herion stops before its distruted before all the northeast. bet him and the kid were surposed to launder a million cash and got sticky fingers or something like that. and of course i know i will be wrong. go pats

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 12:55 AM

ripped off drug dealers in a condo building deal didnt we read the father n son are constrution outfit
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 01:00 AM

I guess I'll ask what any concerned, law abiding citizen should ask at this point. How will this affect the price of weed?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 01:06 AM

oak that your funny line. makes me laugh everytime. but this father son dou robbed the wrong connects from the little still picture i seen of a lite skin black guy wearing the jogger tight pants young kids were in the northeast i believe probaly wrong it was domicans. looks like the son i buy my coke from son. oak weeds gonna be open to the public like going to a liquor store in a week the price is plummeting in massachuseets. sorry bout the spelling

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 01:07 AM

just wanted that big mac sauce. this is a crazy story tou. they were very close to vinny gorgeous who was a huge herion guy but might have stoped when he got bumped up in the family

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 01:09 AM

or we can say it was rizzuto from the grave probaly set george from canada up. internet speculation running rumors.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 01:12 AM

I just read the article. What is it with him and his son having attempts on their lives every few months? I know the mob isn't what it used to be but these two seem like they were just left flapping in the wind. Does anyone have their back? Do the Bonannos have the power to fend off drug gangs who are after one of their own? Mob life in the 21st century?

Yeah...and getting whacked at a McDonald's drive thru. Were there no tables at Spark's Steak House? I suppose it doesn't matter. They all go to the morgue. But not exactly a desirable way for a gangster to go.
Posted By: Slimshady

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 01:14 AM

Anyone speculation on the hit?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 01:21 AM

thats what i also mean oak fucking whacked at mcdonalds drive threw i guess it could throw of the smell
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 01:45 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/nyregion/sylvester-zottola-dead-bonanno-bronx.html
Posted By: jace

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by pmac
yaeh they ripped off the wrong drug dealers i'd bet my last dollar this isnt lcn stuff. hes old thou to be hit maybe they couldnt kill his son so they did the next best thing. bronx is were all the cocaine and herion stops before its distruted before all the northeast. bet him and the kid were surposed to launder a million cash and got sticky fingers or something like that. and of course i know i will be wrong. go pats

I agree, LCN has for the most part tried to avoid this type of public hit. It's the 3rd attempt on him according to a news report I just heard on the radio. It could be very low level wannabe associates or more likley a personal dispute from outside LCN
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by jace

I agree, LCN has for the most part tried to avoid this type of public hit. It's the 3rd attempt on him according to a news report I just heard on the radio. It could be very low level wannabe associates or more likley a personal dispute from outside LCN

so if it's someone out of the lcn
then maybe we'll see the bonnano's retaliation ?
Posted By: Ted

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 06:16 AM

We have no evidence of whose responsible for this hit or the attempt on his son. It's all speculation at this point.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 07:28 AM

Apparently the Zottola's fucked over some people bad enough for them to already botch two hits and still come back for the third time. Even if it's drug gangs, blatant public violence is bad for business. Today's gangs know this as well as the mob. There had to be someone killed - like there was no other option.
And if they're not the ones behind the hit, the Bonanno's don't seem to do anything to prevent this either. Maybe they feel it ain't worth it or they just don't care.

Not to say this means the Bonanno's don't have anything to do with it. Vinny was close with some Dominicans, right? And people from his entourage had contacts with members from Hispanic and black gangs as well. I think I remember pizza telling something like this.
Who knows what happened...
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 07:44 AM

Sally daz Zottola was in poker machines like his dad or had other rackets? And if tried to whack him why Sylvester Zottola doesn't had bodyguard?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 08:18 AM

So with him in the car were a woman and baby?
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 09:44 AM

Murder at the Drive-Thru: Bonanno family mobster shot in the head while getting coffee at McDonald’s http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...-bonanno-family-mobster-shot-in-the-head
Posted By: SharpieOne

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander

Where'd you read he was with a woman and baby?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by SharpieOne

In the NY Times article, according to a witness.
Posted By: SharpieOne

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by SharpieOne

In the NY Times article, according to a witness.

Oh, thanks. Puts to shit my theory that he had just met with someone he trusted. I just feel someone knew he was in that area, possibly after meeting with him, or prior. I just think it would be awfully tough to tail a guy from Throgs Neck to West Bronx on a Thursday during rush hour without losing him or being noticed. But I wouldn't think he would have met with someone with a baby in his car, either. So who knows.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 11:53 AM

In September 2017, the elder Zottola was walking near his Bronx home when an assailant clubbed him over the head, sources said.

Two months later, a gun-wielding thug tried unsuccessfully to force Sylvester Zottola into a car at Meagher Avenue and the Throgs Neck Expressway, sources added.

The most vicious run-in came on a late December night when Sylvester Zottola walked in on three burglars ransacking his home.

One burglar pulled a knife and stabbed Zottola in the neck, putting him in critical condition in Jacobi Medical Center.

Before this he was shaping up to be the real Teflon Don.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 12:01 PM

If he was shot by non-LCN people and it wasn't LCN related then wouldn't that mean he was operating independently of the Bonanno's?

Otherwise it has to have been LCN related in someway.

This is the era where black people and Latinos feature in LCN charts and the mob has had no choice but broaden their scope in terms of the way they do business and who they do business with. Sure look at Philly. They're little more than a glorified street gang now. Bonanno's probably aren't much better.

It was pretty shitty of the son not to cooperate in order to protect his father and family. Imagine if the woman and baby in the SUV had died with him at McDonalds?

Some things are more important than money.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by GangstersInc
Murder at the Drive-Thru: Bonanno family mobster shot in the head while getting coffee at McDonald’s http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...-bonanno-family-mobster-shot-in-the-head

I wouldn´t be suprised if he was made.
Posted By: sbhc

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 02:47 PM

That report states that the shooter was a black man so this might not be LCN related.

Unless they used some hood to do it for them.
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 03:29 PM

The hit was a few blocks south of Arthur Ave and Crescent, the entrace to bronx little Italy. FWIW

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 03:46 PM

They’re going to have this entire hit on surveillance cameras. A McDonalds in that section of the Bronx is going to have surveillance cameras everywhere!

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 04:26 PM

hate to be morbid(YEH) need this video pronto
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 05:04 PM

One mob don’t like to hire outside let alone black gang type shit....not saying it does not happen....but if it did and the shooter knows the made guy that did the hire then you are going to have a dead or missing black guy soon because he is probably collecting the other part of the money and when he does he himself may be gone !

I don’t think these guys are leaving loose ends unless it’s a big partnership with years of exchange between the two.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 05:13 PM

Zottolas were never involved in drugs ,they supplied video poker machines and are involved in construction. This is a mob hit for sure. Terry Caldwell is black and killed Mike Meldish by orders of the Luccheses back in 2013
Posted By: m2w

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 05:19 PM

i think is a mob hit even if the shooter is black or latinos, he was hired
the mafia used not italians killers even in the past, just see crazy joe gallo, or when they used jewish and irish under prohibitionism in the 1920s

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 05:32 PM

Terry Caldwell wasn't really connected to any kind of street gang though; he'd been a close friend and associate of a few Bonanno wiseguys for years.
The shooter who was caught on camera during that botched hit on Salvatore Zottola struck me like any modern day street gang member. I wouldn't put my money on this being an ordered mob hit. Though of course you never know, the times are changing and cooperation between different organized criminal outfits - be they mafia, other ethnic mob outfits, street gangs or biker groups - is more common than ever.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 06:01 PM

i think the salvatore zottola attempted hit was mob related too, first he was not involved in drugs and second it was in throggs neck that it is a white neighborhood, usually street gangs commit murders in their zones, not outside
i think it is ordered by basciano, probably they hurted him, or somebody who wants take over basciano

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 06:21 PM

It's too soon to say, but the feds will be all over this. This can't be happening anymore in NY.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by m2w
i think the salvatore zottola attempted hit was mob related too, first he was not involved in drugs and second it was in throggs neck that it is a white neighborhood, usually street gangs commit murders in their zones, not outside
i think it is ordered by basciano, probably they hurted him, or somebody who wants take over basciano

As stated by others, we can only speculate. Cons that used to work with Basciano have been turning up dead after he was sent away for a while now; Van Zandt's death for instance was also ruled suspicious. Basciano also had a real knack for forming ties with non-LCN groups; Black and Hispanic gangs, Albanians, Russians...
Maybe he's behind things happening right now, maybe not. Who knows. I don't know how much power he still holds at the moment.
What's certain is that someone really really wanted Zottola whacked; and maybe his son's about to follow.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 07:34 PM

The Daily News take:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-metro-mob-hit-mcdonalds-20181005-story.html

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 07:57 PM

I wonder what PB thinks of it all.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Serpiente
if it did and the shooter knows the made guy that did the hire then you are going to have a dead or missing black guy soon because he is probably collecting the other part of the money and when he does he himself may be gone !

lol. Watch the Sopranos much?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 08:51 PM

The details in the article make the hit seem really well thought out. He frequented McDonald's and the shooter climbed through a fence, waited until he was boxed in at the drive-thru, etc.

Seems like a mob hit.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
if it did and the shooter knows the made guy that did the hire then you are going to have a dead or missing black guy soon because he is probably collecting the other part of the money and when he does he himself may be gone !

lol. Watch the Sopranos much?

No have not seen many , never watched when it was a thing . Why is there a same situation ? Because I say it because I know how some of these guys think . Let me tell you I’ve been in card games that I thought someone was not going to leave alive let alone mob guys and even associates...most times guys get fucked up over woman often. They are not the best bunch of people you know and outsiders are bait !

You got to read how Colombo was hit .....in the times that a outside hit man was used not many that were not associates or family got away they would disappear or end up hit and if he was not connected it was just another murder.

Check out Philly this year so far in September over 1000 murders 1000 you don’t think any of them were used as pawns then hit ....they were.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 09:53 PM

Why did the daily news call him a Luchese associate?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 09:55 PM

The government files in the Basciano indictment also make mention of Zottola as a Lucchese associate.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 10:28 PM

Albanians.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 11:00 PM

Hate to add to speculation, but what are the chances Crea ordered this? It's looking like he will be in jail for a long time. What does he have to lose.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/05/18 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Flushing
Hate to add to speculation, but what are the chances Crea ordered this? It's looking like he will be in jail for a long time. What does he have to lose.

Why what’s the conflict between them ?
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 12:51 AM

Could these guys not have moved away? Or had serious protection?! Wtf it’s like they accepting they gonna die. 2018 and it’s so blatant! Truth will come out soon - these hitters aren’t exactly murder inc
Posted By: Ted

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by sbhc
That report states that the shooter was a black man so this might not be LCN related.

It said the killer was wearing a black hoodie, not that he was black.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 01:57 AM

With all the attempts on him and his son is anyone surprised that they were not under surveillance?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 02:20 AM

Not sure, though it's been discussed that the Lukes in the Bronx despise the Bronx bonannos (see Enzo the baker)
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 05:04 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if the feds are pushing hard for the son to flip. They’re probably pushing the narrative of your next and we’re the only ones that can save you.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
I wouldn’t be surprised if the feds are pushing hard for the son to flip. They’re probably pushing the narrative of your next and we’re the only ones that can save you.

I think that by now they have shown they are not afraid, unless the father was the one keeping the son strong. It seems they have had no one backing them up.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ted
Originally Posted by sbhc

It said the killer was wearing a black hoodie, not that he was black.

There's no clear description of the killer yet, but the gunman from the previous attempt was described as black or light-skinned black (possibly Dominican). I'd say there's non-Italians involved here. Either as hired muscle or as actually the ones behind it all.

Not sure, though it's been discussed that the Lukes in the Bronx despise the Bronx bonannos (see Enzo the baker)

Whacking a member - even a described high ranking associate - from another family out of dislike seems to be out of character for today's mob. I don't have a feeling the current scene of mobsters feel "taking over" with brute force would do any party any good.
Yet here they've been coming back time and time again to make sure at least one of the Zottola's won't see the light of day again. This was personal. They pissed someone off really bad.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 09:24 AM

Maybe Zips.
Posted By: NickyfromTampa

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 10:40 AM

Enzo the Baker was shot by Michael Meldish and Terrence Caldwell, without the permission of the Lucchese hierarchy. Meldish did it as revenge against Mike Mancuso. It was one of the main reasons for Meldish's demise.
Stagno's attempted murder points to no conflict between Crea and the Bonannos. In fact, it actually shows that the Luccheses were willing to whack a guy to avoid disrespect/retaliation from the Bonannos, among other things.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 12:32 PM

^^^^^Thanks Nicky ^^^^^^

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 06:16 PM

wonder if in this day and age the shooters actually went out the way to get a stolen car or atleast stolen plates so the police cant check tapes and tracked down the murder vehicle in 48hrs. if they just did 1 of those 2 things they might get away with it but i just believe there morons who took there baby moms car to do a hit and are probaly already getting grilled at the station as i type

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 06:18 PM

You think it's black guys that did it?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/06/18 09:36 PM

Ny post says a blackman in a black hoody
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/07/18 02:02 AM

Where is the son?
Is he still in the hosiptal?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/07/18 06:58 AM

if also this shooter is black it means it is a mob hit, zottola's involved in video poker and construction, i don't see why street gangs could go after him, maybe albanians and russians can be involved a little bit in that stuff, but they sure don't hire a black, unusual at least

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/07/18 08:53 AM

It could be someone like that black guy who was killed in Goodfellas.
Posted By: ThePolakVet

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/07/18 09:34 AM

Wouldn't the mob prefer to use someone of their own, who hasn't proven themselves yet? In order to become made, you need to kill someone for the mafia as far as I know. So why to hire someone from the outside?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/07/18 09:55 AM

it seems nowadays the mob prefers to hire outsiders like the lucchese's did recently with terrance caldwell , so if they start to cooperate can't damage so much the organization
as a whole
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/07/18 07:19 PM

Wait, did I read wrong or did the story say he was by himself? Didn't they say the other day there was a woman and child in there too? Maybe I read it wrong..

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/07/18 09:43 PM

my final guess the zottolas took some money probaly from a set gang whatever for a real estate deal and ript them off. maybe something didnt go as planed and they didnt pay the gang the money back thougth shit was sweet cause there connected. like someone said these guys are legit millionaires or atleast there property is, you dont want to loose that shit in the drug game the feds probaly pissed they own that much real estate look how bad they had it for that bonanno capo in queens cause he made his small house into a min mansion. part of his plea deal was to sell the house cause it makes it look like crime pays

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/07/18 10:20 PM

my final guess the zottolas took some money probaly from a set gang whatever for a real estate deal and ript them off. maybe something didnt go as planed and they didnt pay the gang the money back thougth shit was sweet cause there connected. like someone said these guys are legit millionaires or atleast there property is, you dont want to loose that shit in the drug game the feds probaly pissed they own that much real estate look how bad they had it for that bonanno capo in queens cause he made his small house into a min mansion. part of his plea deal was to sell the house cause it makes it look like crime pays

Why would they do that ? It doesn't make any sense , this is LCN related, he was attacked year ago , beaten up , also they robbed his house. Its all classic mafia warnings , they probably had enough and had him whacked. And for the reason , we can only speculate.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 02:28 AM

I think it looks more and more like people outside any mob family for the reason that every family has been infiltrated by the FBI and other LE for a long time, if it came from there they would have at least one rat feeding them information on who it was, why it was done, and what was behind it. Instead LE seems at a total loss. If is was LCN related one of the other families would have to have heard something and an informant there would have passed along info.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 03:21 AM

I think it looks more and more like people outside any mob family for the reason that every family has been infiltrated by the FBI and other LE for a long time, if it came from there they would have at least one rat feeding them information on who it was, why it was done, and what was behind it. Instead LE seems at a total loss. If is was LCN related one of the other families would have to have heard something and an informant there would have passed along info.

The thing is, we don't know LE is at a total loss. Look at the last known mob hit in NY - the Meldish murder. It took over a year and half for Londonio and Caldwell to get arrested. And when Meldish got whacked, some people swore on these boards it wasn't mob related because the mob doesn't want that kind of heat anymore, Meldish had so many other enemies, etc.

Not saying this is for sure a mob hit , but if a known mob associate or member is murdered, I'd say the signs point to it being mob related.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 03:31 AM

It's possible, but if I'm not mistaken with Meldish hey had some information on it from the beginning.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by ThePolakVet
Wouldn't the mob prefer to use someone of their own, who hasn't proven themselves yet? In order to become made, you need to kill someone for the mafia as far as I know. So why to hire someone from the outside?

I think it's saver for them nowadays to actual hand out these murders to third parties such as street gangs instead of their own people. Even if someone on record gets caught and flips it can bring down a lot of guys. The more buffers the better.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny_Black
Originally Posted by ThePolakVet

I think it's saver for them nowadays to actual hand out these murders to third parties such as street gangs instead of their own people. Even if someone on record gets caught and flips it can bring down a lot of guys. The more buffers the better.

Stupid to use a stranger from a gang the guy can flip and take to OC crews down if done right , look if you can not plan the almost perfect hit the you need not be in that life period ! !
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 12:32 PM

So there were how many attempts prior to the murder? Either he didn't get the message or he really pissed someone off. Did they say of he was packing at the time of the murder? At the end of the day, no innocent bystanders were killed, it was just anOther criminal who was taken down. Why have the government spend all their resources bringing these guys down when they kill themselves off? For instance, if they had enough to put him away for life without parole, we're still footing the bill for him to be in prison and someone else would take over his racket. Why waste the money? They will never rid the U.S.of lcn. And now you have the Gambino's bringing the zips into the picture. Those fuckers don't rat.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by m2w
if also this shooter is black it means it is a mob hit, zottola's involved in video poker and construction, i don't see why street gangs could go after him, maybe albanians and russians can be involved a little bit in that stuff, but they sure don't hire a black, unusual at least

We don't really know what this guy was involved in so we don't know who has motivation to go after him. Just because we've only read that he was into video poker and construction doesn't mean he wasn't into a lot of other things. Nothing about this shit is as simple as black and white except that these guys will do whatever for a buck.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 03:03 PM

the guy on camera trying to kill ther son point blank was a lite skinned hood kid the guy who shot the father in a mcdonalds drive threw was black. if the luchese or bonannos are using street gangs to do there bidding the feds will crush them. you get in bed with dogs you get fleas. theyll be crushed. the mob in the bronx is still very strong they could call on there nephews or grandsons to do this not a bunch of gang members. im gonna die on this ledge (forgot saying) the father an son took money from one of those organized strret gangs in the bronx that make good money from drugs to invest in something realestateeee and it fell threw the gang bosses wanted there money back the italians said no so they keep trying to break in there houses to robb them it dont work so they say fuck it they gotta die. start sending little 20yrs wannabe rappers to do drivebys at 6am in front of there houses
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 03:17 PM

If you put that in a book pmac I would buy it

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 03:22 PM

Yep been watching reruns of first 48. Die on this hill was what i was thinking. If the mob cant do there on dirt its all done. It happens time to time but this is different

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 03:23 PM

Menace 2 society come to mind with the drive threw thing

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 03:25 PM

Just curious where does it say the shooter in the fathers hit was black?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 06:20 PM

Ny post says witness seen a blackman n a black hoody

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 06:33 PM

Ny post says witness seen a blackman n a black hoody

Thanks pmac. I read that article and didn’t remember it saying that but I looked it up again and it was definitely in there.

I wonder if the shooter wore a mask like the shooter in the attempt on the son. He’d be crazy not too with all of the eyewitnesses plus surveillance.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 07:22 PM

the guy on camera trying to kill ther son point blank was a lite skinned hood kid the guy who shot the father in a mcdonalds drive threw was black. if the luchese or bonannos are using street gangs to do there bidding the feds will crush them. you get in bed with dogs you get fleas. theyll be crushed. the mob in the bronx is still very strong they could call on there nephews or grandsons to do this not a bunch of gang members. im gonna die on this ledge (forgot saying) the father an son took money from one of those organized strret gangs in the bronx that make good money from drugs to invest in something realestateeee and it fell threw the gang bosses wanted there money back the italians said no so they keep trying to break in there houses to robb them it dont work so they say fuck it they gotta die. start sending little 20yrs wannabe rappers to do drivebys at 6am in front of there houses

if it is true, it would mean that they tailed him from throggs neck to webster avenue, because they couldn't know he was at that mc at that time, a bit hard to believe

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 07:36 PM

Media are coming up with stories that either Russians, Armenians or Albanians were after him. Far as I know neither Russians and certainly not Armenians are big in The Bronx. Albanians sounds more believable.
Still, for some reason, I buy it less than the speculation that Zottola just ripped off the wrong Dominicans or black gang.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Media are coming up with stories that either Russians, Armenians or Albanians were after him. Far as I know neither Russians and certainly not Armenians are big in The Bronx. Albanians sounds more believable.
Still, for some reason, I buy it less than the speculation that Zottola just ripped off the wrong Dominicans or black gang.

You really think they would first beat him up and then rob his house before killing him? No, this is lcn related ,classic mafia warnings , he probably didn't kick up or something.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Strax

You really think they would first beat him up and then rob his house before killing him? No, this is lcn related ,classic mafia warnings , he probably didn't kick up or something.

It's just pure speculation at this point. It could be LCN related of course - but on the other hand I wouldn't underestimate how organized and business minded some (not all, mind you) street gangs have gotten.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 08:03 PM

i think is lcn related because only somebody from mafia circles could know he was at that mc at that time, they probably knew he had an appointment with somebody there
albanians have nothing to do with that, no way they hire a black, and russians are not even active in the bronx
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 08:12 PM

LCN related. I suspect Mancuso is behind it.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 08:15 PM

yes i also think it could be a message of mancuso for basciano just to understand he's the boss, basciano wanted to whack mancuso in the past

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by m2w
i think is lcn related because only somebody from mafia circles could know he was at that mc at that time, they probably knew he had an appointment with somebody there
albanians have nothing to do with that, no way they hire a black, and russians are not even active in the bronx

I don't think that he had an appointment with someone at a drive through at mcd. Seems like I read that he frequented that mcd often so I agree they could have know he would be there but not for an appointment with someone.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 08:56 PM

Mort

Attached picture 4806304-6245557-image-a-1_1538769510460.jpg
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 10:29 PM

Sucks, one minute your craving a Mcdonalds caramel frappe. And the next minute your dead

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 11:02 PM

Dollar coffee anysize is always worth the wait

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 11:04 PM

Mancuso will look like a giant pussy in other familys eye sending blacks to do the bonanno familys house cleaning. Why would up n coming wannabes respect that go join the bloods

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 11:27 PM

Mancuso will look like a giant pussy in other familys eye sending blacks to do the bonanno familys house cleaning. Why would up n coming wannabes respect that go join the bloods

Blacks were used in Joe Colombo hit too back in 1971.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 11:31 PM

I don't know how they got that guy to hit Colombo. They must have just picked him up off the street and told him they would bomb the homes of everyone in his family if he didn't do it. He had to have known there'd be no way out of there.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/08/18 11:48 PM

if gallo put the black up to kill colombo it makes my point no one respected that shit it was a insult to all the mafia and he was whacked what a yr later not even. it happens i see, the genovese guys tried to pay a black gangster recently kill bonelli in queens. bonelli showed up to court and called them all pussys.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 01:13 AM

I never bought into the story of Johnson being hired by the mob to kill Columbo. He had press credentials that were close to impossible to get, and Greg Scarpa on the scene working with the FBI.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 01:18 AM

if gallo put the black up to kill colombo it makes my point no one respected that shit it was a insult to all the mafia and he was whacked what a yr later not even. it happens i see, the genovese guys tried to pay a black gangster recently kill bonelli in queens. bonelli showed up to court and called them all pussys.

I believe they were a few who at best could be called associates, more appropriately dummy wannabes who tried to hurt Back guys to kill Bonelli, who if what I read on another site is correct, was not an associate but a local problem to the originator of the plan. They did try to invoke a Genovese member in it, but as soon as they told him their plans he walked out on them.

Capeci said that a man, who owned a gas station had set things in motion and went to Bonelli's home to apologize after everything came out. He was beaten up by Bonelli.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 01:49 AM

I honestly think its a smart move buisnesswise.It could even be a hitter from out of state so it would be very difficult to ever catch him even if they do he could only snitch on a few guys rather than a made guy snitching and destroying an entire family.Depending on the age of the hitmen will tell you if hes a gang member or not.In black gangs the shooters are younger guys,anyone over the age of 35 is seen as an older figure who doesnt put in work anymore.If this guy was in his 40s its very likely hes not a gangmember

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 02:03 AM

I never bought into the story of Johnson being hired by the mob to kill Columbo. He had press credentials that were close to impossible to get, and Greg Scarpa on the scene working with the FBI.

Are you saying the government did it? Genuinely concerned here. I've always been interested in the Colombo shooting, who was behind it.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 02:18 AM

I believe they were a few who at best could be called associates, more appropriately dummy wannabes who tried to hurt Back guys to kill Bonelli, who if what I read on another site is correct, was not an associate but a local problem to the originator of the plan. They did try to invoke a Genovese member in it, but as soon as they told him their plans he walked out on them.

Capeci said that a man, who owned a gas station had set things in motion and went to Bonelli's home to apologize after everything came out. He was beaten up by Bonelli.

Bonelli was another guy that the mob desperately wanted to kill. I didn't know that Louie Sunoco (the gas station guy) had been beaten up by Bonelli. I also wonder if Bonelli is still active. He is certainly out of favor with both the Genovese and Bonannos. (Basciano wanted him dead too)

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 02:32 AM

Bonelli was openly an informant going way back to 2006 when he was arrested for a small time drug bust. I have trouble seeing any family taking him in with that hanging over him.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 02:42 AM

Bonelli ratting back in 2006 I found it after hearing that he was longtime snitch who gave up friends he grew up with back in his teens. I am guessing was about 23 in 2006 when he cut this deal to snitch in order to avoid a a fairly minor arrest. A weapon and small amount of drugs, in New York a first time offender gets probation or a small amount of jail time.

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/library/queens/PDF_files/4_08/people-bonelli.pdf
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 04:38 AM

Are you saying the government did it? Genuinely concerned here. I've always been interested in the Colombo shooting, who was behind it.

Check out Colombo: The Unsolved Murder by Don Capria and Anthony Colombo. I'm not convinced it was the government who killed him, but they dispel the myth it was Gallo.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 11:48 AM

Translation: He had press credentials from the league, easy to counterfeit, especially if acquiring them from somebody on the inside, and Greg Scarpa was working primarily with one rogue agent, Lindley DeVecchio. There is no proof, nothing that points to Scarpa having anything to with this. When FBI had Scarpa doing recon work back then it tended to be stuff like finding the bodies of civil rights workers and victims of the KKK, not putting random black men up to murdering other criminals.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by MightyDR

Check out Colombo: The Unsolved Murder by Don Capria and Anthony Colombo. I'm not convinced it was the government who killed him, but they dispel the myth it was Gallo.

Not really a reliable source though. He's hardly going to be honest to begin with, and doubly so if anything he says reflects his father in a negative light.

I love the irony of someone working so hard to keep out even a single reference to the "mafia" in the 175 minute running time of The Godfather who then breaks omerta by acknowledging the existence of the mafia and taking a plea agreement at the first sign of going to jail!

What a stand up guy!

But in 1986 Anthony plead guilty as part of a plea deal to federal racketeering conspiracy charges from his alleged role in an illegal gambling club. As part of the plea agreement, he received a 14-year prison sentence. Even though he had maintained he was not a Mafioso the conspiracy charge he pleads guilty to accused him and others of being members of the Colombo crime family of Cosa Nostra. Anthony said he agreed to the plea deal “to save my family and four children the agony” of a public trial.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 02:34 PM

i guess if those associates of the genovese family new he was a fbi or police informant they were trying to be smart farming it out to a black gang. thats the death penalty for them and whoever there genovese boss was. i know this sounds nuts but think it was cia who had colombo shot working threw back channels also believe they thought jerome johnson would have gotten away not immeditely killed on the scene

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 03:02 PM

i guess if those associates of the genovese family new he was a fbi or police informant they were trying to be smart farming it out to a black gang. thats the death penalty for them and whoever there genovese boss was. i know this sounds nuts but think it was cia who had colombo shot working threw back channels also believe they thought jerome johnson would have gotten away not immeditely killed on the scene

Or a more credible theory, with Johnson's motivations in bold.

“For all we know, Colombo was shot because his phonied-up Rights League was dominating the media while more-deserving movements were spinning their wheels,” Nash added.

Founded in April 1970, the Italian American Civil Rights League was a political group aimed at combating the widespread stereotypes about Italian-Americans, frequently portrayed as crime figures by the media and discriminated against by the authorities.

“Of course, it was all just smoke and mirrors,” Nash asserted. “A plot that either Colombo or his superiors believed could distract prosecutors, give the feds a black eye, and potentially consolidate Italian-American political power.”

But ultimately, the Mafia expert added, all Colombo did for the Italian-American community was contribute to popularizing the erroneous stereotype he railed against publicly.

http://thevillager.com/2012/07/04/shooting-that-shocked-the-village-and-made-headlines/

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 03:58 PM

It was a very good book, unfortunately it did not get anywhere near the amount of attention it deserved. Anthony Columbo seemed very crediblle, he would not have been so kind in his words about Carlo Gambino if Gambino had really been behind his father's assassination. There are other books and reports of FBI covert operations in the time period. A few reports are available online.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 04:17 PM

Oak,

Anthony sued WCBS-TV in 1971 (and later settled for undisclosed terms) after he was identified as a reputed member.

In 1986, though — “to save my family and four children the agony” of a trial, he said — Anthony pleaded guilty to a federal racketeering conspiracy charge that involved running an illegal gambling club. His plea agreement included a 14-year sentence.

While he maintained that he was not a Mafioso, the conspiracy count to which he pleaded guilty accused him and the other defendants of belonging to a “secret criminal organization known as the Colombo organized crime family of La Cosa Nostra.”

“Colombo: The Unsolved Murder” (2013), written by Don Capria in collaboration with Mr. Colombo, offered an explanation of why Mr. Colombo had embarked — reluctantly, the book said — on a criminal career himself after his father’s death.

Seems like a trustworthy guy. I'm sure his book is very reputable, much like John Alite's and Albert De Meo's.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/09/18 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Oak,

Anthony sued WCBS-TV in 1971 (and later settled for undisclosed terms) after he was identified as a reputed member.

In 1986, though — “to save my family and four children the agony” of a trial, he said — Anthony pleaded guilty to a federal racketeering conspiracy charge that involved running an illegal gambling club. His plea agreement included a 14-year sentence.

While he maintained that he was not a Mafioso, the conspiracy count to which he pleaded guilty accused him and the other defendants of belonging to a “secret criminal organization known as the Colombo organized crime family of La Cosa Nostra.”

“Colombo: The Unsolved Murder” (2013), written by Don Capria in collaboration with Mr. Colombo, offered an explanation of why Mr. Colombo had embarked — reluctantly, the book said — on a criminal career himself after his father’s death.

Seems like a trustworthy guy. I'm sure his book is very reputable, much like John Alite's and Albert De Meo's.

Yeah Sins of the Father definetly tries to soften up Roy

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 12:41 AM

AGREE

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 01:14 AM

steering the convo back do you think the guy has a big funeral all the family mob guys there to show surport or is it privit

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 01:19 AM

That's some private shit there. I'd say it's a family exclusive affair. Anything else and they draw unnecessary heat.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 01:42 AM

spelled private wrong im a moron. just goes to show all that hollywood mystique is fading. i dont think it was a mob hit but like someone said its mancuso (maybe) thats crazy. hes not even out from 20yrs. your in charge of a 100 white italian guys and there kids best friends and nephews, and your using minoritys to do work after its been established for 100 lcn makes there own law and order. thats why all the old grandmas says stay away they handle there own forever in the northeast. maybe. think about joe massino having the whole family but himself show up at that guy george from canada funeral. deflecting blame , smart for a while read rizzuto seen threw it . maybe they werent kicking up to the bosses or acting in the bronx so they farmed out the hit make a example, but im going against my point ive been trying to make for 3 pages cant do that. but getting whacked in a mcdonalads drive threw is bad. jokes forever on your expense. who the fuck nows. but the funeral thing was a big thing in the day the flowers and caddys. they should go back to that if there trying to help image. if christy tic had a 2 day wake on staten island that cost $$$ so i think some do belive in the old way. red sox pulling away. im drunk woo

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 06:34 AM

Not really a reliable source though. He's hardly going to be honest to begin with, and doubly so if anything he says reflects his father in a negative light.

Totally understand what you mean. It is biased towards Colombo and biased against the government. But they do real research proving Gallo wasn't involved.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 07:14 AM

i was baiting moe but hes like me waiting 4 the game of thrones trailer to be realeased. nah im drunk got laydofff im piissese so im allover our gg board. wild shir n inuewinoes worst spell ever. love all moe irsish people from galway bay west ireland call cigs bitts fags thats cool seen it

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 07:18 AM

yaeh moe worked 3 months wit irush folk there nuts my old 74 yr old mom has family in cork. but fuck everyone in the whole circle. i cant get in to the uk cause i have a felon . sad but irish fo.ks i work wir said cool but them thers the mexican plaster dude trumps like u got 10 days wow wirld week my gg bb

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 07:19 AM

sorry moe i want to go the isle of man the sothern irish dont consider belfest ireland i was dumbfoynded. the north blah blah fucking all teritoyrial but skipped world war 2

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 07:27 AM

moe didnt really no what i typed up there but your pics have been great. i wonder if theres a super rich guy who never dresses nice. its probaly the guy in mcdonalds drivbe threw i no im horriblr taliking shit but to get killed in your 70tys in a 2 for 4 line. hay maybe this is when the lcn lines up against all minority groups like what the fuck we cant do mcds 1 coffee. im drunk pmac srrey. i have a child hood friend in the higest west v leval hello biggie n new england they say its real over there this guy my lttle leugue friend is real as its gets. hope biggie n new england dont font this post woo i drunk. sick folks. i once went to concord when its was boston globe spotlight shit and evrey dirtyn j2 concord. fucking weirdest shit i ever seen . old priest or fire fighter geting slpt in the face with a metal ting you put your food on tray wow. dam loottaa people got raped n temp rich of the cathoic priests . im drunk. but old springfield wiseguy gave me a toothbruth wow. i searerched for that old dude for a few yers would have helped him huge

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 07:37 AM

springfield mgm is nice you will see folks in blue famigo jackets. i think those genovese folk mad they kiled al bruno he would have served them that city its wild. springfield mass mgm but it hasnt been officaly sportsbook open. i, talking shit but its kinda nice you board no im up the pike

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 07:37 AM

moe im srrey i drunk n high got layed off

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 08:04 AM

What is happening in this thread? lol Why u just spammed 6 posts in a row ? I don't understand what are you talking about

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/10/18 09:23 AM

Sally Daz was identified previously in a memorandum and order from Basciano's second trial, in 2011 in the Eastern District, as a Luchese associate who "maintained" Basciano's videopoker machines.

"Dominick Cicale and other Bonanno members and associates (were ordered by Basciano) to assault Frank Porco in response to a dispute that had arisen between Porco and... Zottola, a Luchese family associate who maintained Basciano’s joker-poker machines.” .....

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 05:54 AM

moe im srrey i drunk n high got layed off

Sorry to hear that pmac. Hope you can find a new job soon. We're all enjoying your drunken posts in the mean time lol

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 07:41 AM

Sally Daz was identified previously in a memorandum and order from Basciano's second trial, in 2011 in the Eastern District, as a Luchese associate who "maintained" Basciano's videopoker machines.

"Dominick Cicale and other Bonanno members and associates (were ordered by Basciano) to assault Frank Porco in response to a dispute that had arisen between Porco and... Zottola, a Luchese family associate who maintained Basciano’s joker-poker machines.” .....

so sally zottola is a lucchese associate and sylvester zottola a bonanno associate?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by m2w

so sally zottola is a lucchese associate and sylvester zottola a bonanno associate?

It seems so.
Posted By: BugsyM

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 09:14 PM

lol
Brooklyn ex-con arrested in connection with Bronx McDonald's mob hit
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...der-arrest-20181011-story.html#nt=barker

Attached picture ny-1539287182-xehgd4vsam-snap-image.jpg

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 09:17 PM

https://nypost.com/2018/10/11/ex-con-busted-for-plotting-reputed-mobsters-drive-thru-assassination/

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 09:51 PM

Authorities suspect the hit was ordered by Albanian gangsters looking to take over an illegal gambling racket involving “Joker Poker” video games that Zottola ran, sources said.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 10:03 PM

Authorities suspect the hit was ordered by Albanian gangsters looking to take over an illegal gambling racket involving “Joker Poker” video games that Zottola ran, sources said.

John Alite? But interesting development, this doesnt exclude the Italians many ties between them.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 10:08 PM

John Alite? But interesting development, this doesnt exclude the Italians many ties between them.

interesting development indeed , if its true , i am wondering how families will respond to this.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 11:04 PM

Surprised that the albanians still have any presence in the bronx at all. Probably a Morris Park crew.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 11:07 PM

so guessing that younger lite skinned guy who shot they son pont blank flipped on this guy
Posted By: sittite

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/11/18 11:47 PM

So....the shooter in the hit outside the house is the CI , there's the Mcds shooter still out there and this guy hired them both for Albanians....... nothing like hiring a shooter and giving him the info all the way up the ladder..... how long does the other shooter last???? Had to be a dozen cameras that got the get away car....

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Albanians.

U don’t wanna listen.....I don’t give a fuck.

All the stupid shit and scenarios I read all week.

Have ya Evva been to the Bronx?
Ridiculous.

I’m from Brooklyn but I run in and out of Manhattan and the Bronx often, ya know who is hatin who for whatever reason.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 12:45 AM

Albanians.

Ridiculous.

I’m from Brooklyn but I run in and out of Manhattan and the Bronx often, ya know who is hatin who for whatever reason.

The Albanians are just a theory, still not confirmed. They often work together, and other albanian groups that dont ,well they are stupid if they think they can go versus any of the five families.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 01:14 AM

Albanians.

Ridiculous.

The Albanians are just a theory, still not confirmed. They often work together, and other albanian groups that dont ,well they are stupid if they think they can go versus any of the five families.

LMFAO

Been to Arthur Ave. lately....or ever?

Been to NYC Italian resurants .... Albanians all over it.

The families you mention spread out into oblivion are a bunch of hip hop wanna bees who will never be completely organized into the success of years past again..... ever.
That shit is gone.

It’s wide open now for anyone who has balls enough to live a short life large.
Posted By: Moscone65

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 01:26 AM

Keep living in your little dream world friend.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 02:58 AM

I wouldn't dismiss what Dues has to say so casually. His world is not some dream world as you call it. He is a good poster on this board and if he says something there is truth behind it. Period!

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 03:27 AM

Albanians.

Ridiculous.

LMFAO

The families you mention spread out into oblivion are a bunch of hip hop wanna bees who will never be completely organized into the success of years past again..... ever.
That shit is gone.

Having balls isnt as important to having cops,politicians,Judges paid off.One thing the Italians have always had is connected to the right people.Being old is the biggest advantage in the underworld because those friends of yours who were just average cops when they were young are now captains and lieutenants who have much further reach to help them

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 06:52 AM

why the authorities believe albanians ordered it? they have some proof or just speculations?
albanians who hire a black is unusual,i bet they would use their own people to do it
also he was from brooklyn, not the bronx, where albanians are most active
anyway if the albanian theory is right and i doubt it, it would be interesting

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 08:41 AM

LMFAO

That shit is gone.

As m2w said,albanians never hire any outsiders,they use their own people to do work. And where did u get that theory that albanians hate italians? I know a lot of albanian criminals personally ,they do not hate italians , and they work together here in EU.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 09:20 AM

LMFAO

That shit is gone.

As m2w said,albanians never hire any outsiders,they use their own people to do work. And where did u get that theory that albanians hate italians? I know a lot of albanian criminals personally ,they do not hate italians , and they work together here in EU.

Only because Rudaj fought against gambinos and Luccheses in the 2000 or because italians attacked the albanians in prison years ago doesn't mean that all the albanians hate italians.
And why use a black and not their man for send a message to bonannos?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 09:50 AM

The Albanian Rudaj Organization even had an Italian American leader and several members.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 10:05 AM

The Albanian Rudaj Organization even had an Italian American leader and several members.

I know this but what I would say is that apart Rudaj and the prison fight,the albanians doesn't hate italians.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 10:14 AM

I agree furio, in prisons they usually also hangout with the Italians. Ofcourse there are sometimes conflicts but that also happens between themselves or between Italians.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 12:34 PM

Good article posted on The Daily Beast: https://www.thedailybeast.com/hit-o...-dont-make-mob-rubouts-like-they-used-to

The investigating detectives and FBI agents immediately suspected the Albanian mob, which makes up with viciousness what it lacks in competence.

A senior NYPD official noted that things have changed considerably since the days of John Gotti, who became head of the Gambino crime family in 1986 by having Castellano killed outside Sparks in true “goodfella” fashion. A Bronx mafioso named Frank Locascio became Gotti consigliere. And Locascio brought in an Albanian gangster named Zef Mustafa to serve as his driver.

As one observer put it, “Zef couldn’t drive for shit.” But Mustafa knew a whole host of Albanian gangsters who were each more fearsome than the next, making them Gotti’s kind of hoods.

“Very tough people,” the NYPD official noted.

The Albanians began hanging out in Italian joints and gradually began to assume ownership.

“[The NYPD and FBI] started seeing Gotti and his crew hanging out in Italian restaurants owned by Albanians,” the police official recalls. “It was like a slow, creepy takeover.”

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 01:54 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/nyregion/bronx-assassination-mafia-arrest.html

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 02:09 PM

Never said Albanians Hate Italians.

The only one who made that statement was STRAX

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 02:25 PM

Ridiculous.

You meant on dogs hating cats ? Because that is what this thread is about obviously clap

How we could even think that you meant on Albanians & Italians

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 02:36 PM

Individuals, people, gangs, organizations, clubs, businesses who have beefs and arguments, fights and disagreements... can dislike or hate the person they are fighting with for sure but it does not mean or never said the Albanians hate the Italians.

I had a problem with a Dominican guy last week,,, you think I hate Dominicans for that?

NO, I DONT[/b]

Ridiculous.

[b]I’m from Brooklyn but I run in and out of Manhattan and the Bronx often, ya know who is hatin who for whatever reason.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 02:42 PM

Saying ya know who is hatin who for whatever reason. after implying that Albanians killed Italian. Really how we could think u meant on some random Individuals, people, gangs, organizations.

Let's stop this bullshit right here , and stop destroying this thread & good discussion.Learn to express

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 02:56 PM

Saying ya know who is hatin who for whatever reason. after implying that Albanians killed Italian. Really how we could think u meant on some random Individuals, people, gangs, organizations.

Let's stop this bullshit right here , and stop destroying this thread & good discussion.Learn to express

Ya know what, your right. I thought this over again and realize you are taking it literally and thats fine because The Albanians do HATE the Italians and the Italians HATE the Albanians even more for taking most of their legit shit away.

And as for your last statement, Go Fuck Yourself.... hows that for expressing?
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 03:08 PM

Reputed mobster Sylvester Zottola laid to rest

Sylvester Zottola Obituary

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 03:13 PM

Ya know what, your right. I thought this over again and realize you are taking it literally and thats fine because The Albanians do HATE the Italians and the Italians HATE the Albanians even more for taking most of their legit shit away.

You can't have normal discussion without insulting me ? Tells me enough about you.

Please keep insulting me, so hopefully you will get banned.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 06:17 PM

There is really no such thing as an unsolved murder these days in OC.

Law enforcement is on top of everything, as well as cameras everywhere.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 06:33 PM

big turn out

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 06:38 PM

Maybe in US, totally different story in Italy.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 06:43 PM

So if it really is like the sources claim, I think we can get ourselves ready for the following development: gang member starts singing like a canary, rats out the higher up gang members and in turn the Albanians get ratted out as well - which in turn will mark the end of that particular crew.

Bloods, Albanians...it's like the apprentices talking on the former teachers. They were shown the ropes, but apparently they didn't really get to the "how to whack methodically and efficiently" chapter in that particular course.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 07:13 PM

So if it really is like the sources claim, I think we can get ourselves ready for the following development: gang member starts singing like a canary, rats out the higher up gang members and in turn the Albanians get ratted out as well - which in turn will mark the end of that particular crew.

Bloods, Albanians...it's like the apprentices talking on the former teachers. They were shown the ropes, but apparently they didn't really get to the "how to whack methodically and efficiently" chapter in that particular course.

Im sure that gang member is going to flip. Feds have pretty good case,he is done

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 07:21 PM

Maybe in US, totally different story in Italy.

Lupara bianca you still can get away with it, but not brazen public hits.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/12/18 08:11 PM

Im sure that gang member is going to flip. Feds have pretty good case,he is done

It doesn't look too good for anybody who might've ordered the hit. Only time will tell I guess.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 12:02 AM

You can't have normal discussion without insulting me ? Tells me enough about you.

Please keep insulting me, so hopefully you will get banned.

I really would not give a rats azz about being banned but I would like to apologize for insulting you.

I would never want to defile your Safe Place. Tells me a lot about you.

Me and my guys tell each other that all the time, it’s like a normal thing.
But I forgot you take every word literally and need translation.

Now get back to your books , movies , games and research.
I gotta go hit the streets your trying to understand.
Jk

Be well Stax
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 12:42 AM

This thread is nuts. Everybody from China to Brussels has a theory about a murder in the Bronx. It's like the further you are from the Bronx, the stronger you'll feel about your theory. Is there a psychologist on this forum?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 12:46 AM

ok conflicting reports, was this guy with the luchese or bonannos? he was a huge earner and with crea ,madonna and all the rest of them heavy dudes in charge that got arrested what 18months ago the father and son son are being attcked left n right no one to protect them. does this make sense?
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 02:04 AM

The biggest issue here is how law enforcement listened to phone calls about a murder and they did nothing to prevent it. Fuck albanians ordering it, fuck buddy who orchestrated the hit. Why did they let buddy get killed?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 02:06 AM

I'm not your buddy, guy!

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 02:14 AM

@moetilden

I never said u were if you're talking to me

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 02:34 AM

We're cool, Cook. It's a South Park reference.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 06:17 AM

moe your my buddy how do i go over and argue with you in the shout box cause you now i kinda special but i got 2 cents on connor?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 06:19 AM

south park ref. stan marsh on wheel of fortune. a person who is nagging you?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 08:44 AM

Shelton is a high-ranking Bloods member, but also the branch manager of a Long Island office for the staffing firm PeopleReady.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-kill-mobster-slain-Bronx-McDonalds.html

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 09:39 AM

it's seems like we are about to find out soon who did it because he will probably talk...
now it really seems like the albanians had something to do with that
makes me wonder whether the italian's will retaliate (depends on which family he was connected to)
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 02:57 PM

It's gonna be fascinating to see how this plays out. If whoever ordered the hit did not get permission, I would think there has to be retaliation, I don't see how any family could just let it go.
Posted By: Ant2000

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/13/18 10:45 PM

I agree. If it truely was Albanians and they don’t retaliate either Zottola was so on the outs with the families and not protected by the Italians or the families have become a lot weaker than anyone realizes. I don’t think that’s the case, but we will all know more soon.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 01:43 AM

Basciano couldn't protect them.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 02:06 AM

basciano hasnt been on the street for almost 15yrs. if this guy was that big a earner he was poached my new guess theory is he was under crea and his kids protection. all the lucheses get picked up like 18months ago all of a sudden this guy is getting robbed left n right. timeline fits
Posted By: WhackWhack

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 04:03 AM

The only way LCN can survive is if they consolidate. I know it goes against tradition but they should cut down to 2 or 3 families. Keep the best of the best and go to war with whoever doesnt stay in line. If the Bonannos are going to let some street gang whack a man of honor..Don Peppino and Salvatore "Caesar" Maranzano are rolling in their graves.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 04:53 AM

They consolidated from the very start. The first thing Lucky Luciano did was throw out tradition. That's why Maranzano and Masseria went bye bye, and why Lansky became such a key player.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 08:31 AM

this was fast.

those behind the hit are regretting not living in Canada.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by WhackWhack
The only way LCN can survive is if they consolidate. I know it goes against tradition but they should cut down to 2 or 3 families. Keep the best of the best and go to war with whoever doesnt stay in line. If the Bonannos are going to let some street gang whack a man of honor..Don Peppino and Salvatore "Caesar" Maranzano are rolling in their graves.

In the early 2000s was thought to absorb the colombo and maybe the bonnano but nothing was done.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 10:12 AM

Nothing was done to protect them, so it's doubtful there will be any kind of retaliation. It still begs the question: didn't they give a flying fuck or were they just powerless to prevent anything - which would not only mean that there's zero fear for the American mob, but that there even isn't the slightest bit of respect for them anymore.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 10:13 AM

What about in Philly where you can brick a capos house and no one gets hit!

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 10:21 AM

When you take a look at how Scarpa got a kid killed for throwing eggs at his son's car in the 80's and now 30 years later a street gang is free to terrorize and make 100 attempted hits at a supposed high ranking associate, it shows how much things have changed.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 10:26 AM

Could this Zottola have been shelved or shunned? Do we know for sure he was on record? He may have tried some stuff with these bloods away from lcn?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 11:07 AM

basciano hasnt been on the street for almost 15yrs. if this guy was that big a earner he was poached my new guess theory is he was under crea and his kids protection. all the lucheses get picked up like 18months ago all of a sudden this guy is getting robbed left n right. timeline fits

Who robbed him? I don't recall reading about him getting burgled in any of the news reports.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 11:23 AM

Who robbed him? I don't recall reading about him getting burgled in any of the news reports.

His house got robbed a year ago , and he was beaten up. Looks like it was all warnings. I wrote about that few pages before this one , that is why i think there is italian behind all this pulling strings , it was all classic mafia warnings

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 11:26 AM

When you take a look at how Scarpa got a kid killed for throwing eggs at his son's car in the 80's and now 30 years later a street gang is free to terrorize and make 100 attempted hits at a supposed high ranking associate, it shows how much things have changed.

is there an article on this?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 11:37 AM

His house got robbed a year ago , and he was beaten up. Looks like it was all warnings. I wrote about that few pages before this one , that is why i think there is italian behind all this pulling strings , it was all classic mafia warnings

Oh yeah. That rings a bell. The way I read it is that he ripped off other people so it wasn't a traditional random burglary, but as you say, rather a warning or message of some kind.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 11:38 AM

If you do something like that today,doesn't matter how powerful you are, you are a fool , and risking your current position & situation. You must remember that LCN is still strongest organized crime group in US, and they care only about the money , they were ready to whack a bunch of Albanians when that thing with Rudaj happened back in 2000's, and today families are doing much than they were in 2000;s
Posted By: sittite

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 11:41 AM

What does the son do now is my question....does he roll over and give up those machines or stick the path....if it is a Family behind all this then there's no way he stands up....He sticks tight he must feel like he has some backing-no???

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by tiger84

is there an article on this?

The Scarpa thing?
Bensonhurst told this story somewhere. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to Brooklyn.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 12:06 PM

If you do something like that today,doesn't matter how powerful you are, you are a fool , and risking your current position & situation. You must remember that LCN is still strongest organized crime group in US, and they care only about the money , they were ready to whack a bunch of Albanians when that thing with Rudaj happened back in 2000's, and today families are doing much than they were in 2000;s

Personally I still have my doubts with the "taking over" theory. I also don't get why the Albanians would hire a black street gang. Albanians certainly got the numbers in The Bronx and any serious Albanian gang usually prefers to handle shit using its own. Then I also always read there was never much love lost between the Albanians, African Americans, Dominicans and Puerto Ricans in The Bronx.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 12:29 PM

Weren’t both the son and the father only associates and not actual made men? Isn’t it a little much to say the “mob is dead” if neither of them were actual formal members of the mob? What I mean is: Associates aren’t afforded the same protection as soldiers, right? So if an associate gets killed by someone outside of LCN it’s not that big of a deal (by comparison) right?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 12:52 PM

Personally I still have my doubts with the "taking over" theory. I also don't get why the Albanians would hire a black street gang. Albanians certainly got the numbers in The Bronx and any serious Albanian gang usually prefers to handle shit using its own. Then I also always read there was never much love lost between the Albanians, African Americans, Dominicans and Puerto Ricans in The Bronx.

Yeah i agree with you on that one,its unheard of Albanians using black man to do dirty work for them. They always use their own people.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 02:38 PM

brace yourselves

we’re about to experience Rudaj Over-Hype 2.0.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 02:58 PM

Yeah i agree with you on that one,its unheard of Albanians using black man to do dirty work for them. They always use their own people.

They were probably desperate to get it done.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 04:10 PM

if it's albanians and the lcn won't retaliate then this is really means that only the westside are a real crime family (maybe the gambino's with cali might get stronger in the future)
the rest are some sort of street gangs and a very weak family
and if that's the case something need to be done
maybe the westside and the gambino's will absorb them and then we will have 2 strong families who rule ny
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 04:12 PM

I have mentioned many times that LCN & OC groups have done business with street gangs. This shouldn't be a surprise anymore. Albanians have known to hire Black gang members or freelance racketeers since that incident back a few years ago with a jewelry store or some type of business. Matter of fact Black racketeers & LCN mobsters been networking with each other it's in the history of NYC underworld. The underworld in generally cares about money in which members/associates of different groups will eventually intersect at some point in history.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
if it's albanians and the lcn won't retaliate then this is really means that only the westside are a real crime family (maybe the gambino's with cali might get stronger in the future)
maybe the westside and the gambino's will absorb them and then we will have 2 strong families who rule ny

Genovese are more powerful than Gambinos. Even the Colombos that are considered weakest of the 5 families ,are more powerful than any other organization in New York.

Frank Cali is very powerful man,especially that he is related to Sicilians in NY, they are "true" mafia,they are all related to each other ,close circles of people, no informants and A LOT of money.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 05:03 PM

Where in the Bronx are the alabanians prominent? Morris Park? Eastchester? Riverdale?

Woodlawn and throgs neck are not albanian, to my knowledge.

And arthur avenue is not a residential stronghold, though they may own businesses there.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 08:06 PM

Where in the Bronx are the alabanians prominent? Morris Park? Eastchester? Riverdale?

Woodlawn and throgs neck are not albanian, to my knowledge.

And arthur avenue is not a residential stronghold, though they may own businesses there.

probably pelham parkway

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 08:14 PM

even if the albanians really did it and i still doubt it, he was just an associate, not even a made member
who ordered the hit would be nabbed because i'm sure shelton will flip and police would focus against revenge from the bonanno's or whoever, so sure there not would be any murder in the next months

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
What about in Philly where you can brick a capos house and no one gets hit!

We have no idea of what happened there though. Chances are it was an internal thing and there was a sit down. Also, retaliation usually isn't instantaneous like in the movies. It's usually months later when people think they're in the clear.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by LuanKuci
brace yourselves

we’re about to experience Rudaj Over-Hype 2.0.

Yup haha. Everyone is getting a little excited.

The mob obviously is nowhere near what the used to be, but they are still a dominate force in NY and they'll still hit people if need be.

So either these guys weren't protected or the Italians okay'd it/worked with Albanians/Bloods, or there will be some type of retaliation. Again, it's not going to be within days.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 09:35 PM

The Albanian theory was bolstered because the case was investigated by the F.B.I.’s Balkan and Middle Eastern organized crime squad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/nyregion/bronx-assassination-mafia-arrest.html

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/14/18 11:23 PM

The Albanian theory was bolstered because the case was investigated by the F.B.I.’s Balkan and Middle Eastern organized crime squad.

Right, and that could be some workload spill over for the feds too. They only have two squads for the 5 fams now, but back in 2011 when they cut it from 5 squads to 3, they merged the Bonanno and Colombo squad, and the Lucchese squad with Eastern Organized Crime.

Since Zolotta was Lucchese associate might be why they were. The Gambino/Lucchese squad might be too tied up. Just a theory.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 12:27 AM

the guy who writes cosa blog has him as a bonanno member. 1st i seen that. i mean he probaly was. seen a picture from the funeral looked packed. so the shelf think probaly not.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 01:27 AM

I'm confused about whether he's made or an associate and whether he's with the Bonanno or Lucchese Crime Family. It's amazing it hasn't come out in the wash yet.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by M_Martino
So either these guys weren't protected or the Italians okay'd it/worked with Albanians/Bloods, or there will be some type of retaliation.

^
I’m starting to think the Zottolas were shelved.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by M_Martino
So either these guys weren't protected or the Italians okay'd it/worked with Albanians/Bloods, or there will be some type of retaliation.

^
I’m starting to think the Zottolas were shelved.

why ??

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 02:34 PM

If outsiders (aka non-Italians) are in fact behind all this, then there are chances that the Zottolas were not protected, hence shelved after Basciano’s downfall or they purposely walked away.

They had no one looking after them is what I’m saying.

Regardless of what the msm says about the mighty Albanians taking over the NY mafia (we witnessed this spectacle years ago with Rudaj) we sure know that today’s LCN is more than capable of and prone to violence. And we know how much pull the LCN has in NYC and beyond.
With this in mind I don’t believe that a non-Italian group, no matter how powerful, would have dared to take out two fully fledged associates of a crime family...just because they were hoping to muscle into their racket.

How many NY wiseguys are into poker machines and lucrative gambling rings? A heck of a lot.

How many of them have been attacked, their homes burglarized and lastly gunned down by non-Italian crews who were looking to muscle into their racket?

The fact that the Zottolas were brazenly attacked several times prior to the attempt on Salvatore and Sylvester’s murder, makes me think that these alleged outsiders knew the father and son were huntable game.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 03:09 PM

the mob has been better since the early 2000 especially the gambinos who are doing great
the only one who got hurt since then are the bonanno's with massino who turned informant
other then that they are surely rebuild themselves

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 03:19 PM

There's no way these guy's are running a major gambling and loanshark racket ad not be kicking up to a family, and no family will sit back and loose a make income stream. Philly didn't allow it when long legs was stepping on people's toe's and they was just one family and much smaller...give it a month's

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 03:22 PM

Remember, Michael Corleone waited years until his father died before he exacted his revenge for the family, look at what's going on in Montreal....time is key

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 03:25 PM

and that means that whatever happened with the albanianas 15 - 20 years ago is history, because the mob are not the same as they used to be,
they got stronger since then...
and the albanians simply took advantage of the big fall of the mob in 90s - early 2000s (with gravano, massino, the chin and all of the bad things that happens to them)
so now it's a different story, the mob are stronger.
so all we have to do now is to wait and see what will happened on the street,
and wait for more news from the feds about who really was behind this.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 03:26 PM

like luans theory i just thiunk there protectors got swept of the street by the feds. who knows who is running the show for the luchese now but i bet the power has sifted back to brooklyn maybe long island. so they probaly didnt have a clue about what the zottolas were kicking up to crea. but then after the first attack someone should have interveened so again no clue

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 03:40 PM

I think we're over stating the arrests, I doubt a boss in today's world was direct with this guy, so people on the streets would know to protect the money maker

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 03:41 PM

I think we're over stating the arrests, I doubt a boss in today's world was direct with this guy, so people on the streets would know to protect the money maker

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 03:41 PM

The heat is on, the smart play is to wait

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 04:01 PM

It's a low chance that Shelz will flip. If the news sources are accurate about him being a high rank UBN member than his membership is secured in prison. So far he haven't made a plea just remaining quiet.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 05:04 PM

Which set he belongs too?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by thebigfella
Which set he belongs too?

I don't know but assuming the Mac Baller Brims since he's from East New York.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/15/18 08:42 PM

I have to believe that whoever Zottola was kicking up to can't be too happy right now. And he loses face if he doesn't act at some point.
Posted By: Neo

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/16/18 05:51 AM

I highly doubt the Zottola's were protected by the Bonannos. It's just suicide whacking their earners.

The Luccheses on the other hand.....I don't know, their top guys are in lockup.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/16/18 09:20 PM

Whatever family the zottolas are in should've hit back already. They have absolutely no choice so they might as well get it over with

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/16/18 09:52 PM

But hit back at who? It's not smart to throw darts in the dark. And black gangs teaming up with Albanians is strange, they tend to side with the Italians
Posted By: Ant2000

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/16/18 10:30 PM

I still wouldn’t be surprised by the end of the day if it comes out that it was the Italians who authorized the hit and not the Albanians.
Posted By: strococs

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/16/18 10:46 PM

Was the black dude charge by the feds or nypd?
Posted By: cheech

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/16/18 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by cookcounty
Whatever family the zottolas are in should've hit back already. They have absolutely no choice so they might as well get it over with

This is a really good point

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/16/18 11:47 PM

They would hit , if they want to. They care only about the money , nothing else.

Remember what FBI agent said about Rudaj Organization:

"The Luchese were getting ready to whack all of them," the agent said. "The Lucheses were just tired of them. They'd gotten too big for their britches." The Feds, literally, scooped up the Albanians right before the Lucheses could strike.

And 5 families today , are doing much better than they were back then.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/16/18 11:50 PM

what did the father do so bad that even after they robbed the dad and stabbed him then shot the kid point blank infront of his home that the bloods came back a 3rd time nowing these guys are being watched by every agency in ny state to kill him in a mcdonalds drivethrew. like taken, upgrade, movies. that father must have really pissed someone off. wouldnt any normal mob boss be like theres to much heat let it go. he on the front page of the post and daily news

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 12:06 AM

The only scenario that makes sense to me:
Is the Zuttola's stopped kicking up after Basciano got locked up maybe they felt they were close the Lucheese's and Genoveese and Basciano not with them but friendly they tried to pull away the Albanians or who ever made a move the Zuttola's either than went to whoever and whoever said NAH your not with us not our problem OR the Zottola's thought they can handle the threat on their own. This isn't the first time they were hit this has been happening for over a year that we know of. If they are with any LCN family that LCN family would HAVE TO retaliate and/or protect their earners, otherwise other families or groups will move in and take over all of their rackets.... We will find out the story shortly these bloods and crips flip very quickly.... If they were not protected by LCN I wouldn't be surprised if LCN set them up by outsourcing

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 12:41 AM

But hit back at who? It's not smart to throw darts in the dark. And black gangs teaming up with Albanians is strange, they tend to side with the Italians

Black gangs/crews teaming up with Albanian isn't strange, this been happening for about a decade or so.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by BlackFamily

Black gangs/crews teaming up with Albanian isn't strange, this been happening for about a decade or so.

do you have sources about it?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by BlackFamily

It is really really strange, Albanians never work with blacks or use them for their dirty work.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 09:44 AM

i think we discuss this hit more then the feds are grin

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ant2000
I still wouldn’t be surprised by the end of the day if it comes out that it was the Italians who authorized the hit and not the Albanians.

I agree it´s probably internal within the Bonannos.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 03:33 PM

i think we discuss this hit more then the feds are grin

A mob hit happens and the crowd goes wild grin

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 03:48 PM

@ M2W & Stax

My Source is the 2009 New York/New Jersey High Intensity Drug Trafficking report which stated that UBN members have been employed in " various capacities " by IOC ( Italian Organized Crime) & Albanian DTOs. This can be found via google.

That was the overview of the drug market in the NYC metro back in 2008 and that's proof that Albanians DO work with Black gang members/ racketeers. Money trumps any stereotypical perception of different criminal groups.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 04:44 PM

Those who believe the Albanians never use outsiders for their dirty work have no idea what they are talking about. The Bronx isn't Europe lol

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 10:30 PM

With all the stuff that went down prior to the hit” there must of been a shit load of talk on the street “ if the Feds and NYPD can not figure this one out they are bad .

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/17/18 10:47 PM

Isn’t it possible that if the hit was done by the Albanians (even with an outside shooter) that either the Bonannos or Lukes gave their approval? I mean, possible Albanians and Italians are working/scheming together on some rackets and both groups wanted Zottola gone.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/18/18 06:02 AM

If he wasn't associated with one of the crime families it sends a very strong message to whoever is Italian and not kicking up.Its like "You pay us or we wont be able to protect you from other criminals"

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/18/18 03:41 PM

Hey, here's a new thought, maybe the bonannos is waiting for the nose to come home to give the nod, starting a potential war is a big decision

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/18/18 05:06 PM

Pretty crazy they had this blood member shelz indicted by the feds 3 days after the murder. So the shooter who shot the son 2 months ago flipped they must have known there was a open contract on the father wonder why they didnt grab shelz before the father had his last happy meal

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/18/18 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Those who believe the Albanians never use outsiders for their dirty work have no idea what they are talking about. The Bronx isn't Europe lol

I agree even in Holland they are working with others, including Dutch. Also the Albanians are no more violent than any others.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/19/18 08:45 PM

I thought that too. Might be a scandal waiting to come out. Saying that if Diane giaclone can have willy boy murdered I’m sure nothing will come from an aging wise guy getting whacked at a mcds.

Watched travoltas gotti the other day. They wanted him so bad they were willing to sacrifice rats for him. She should’ve been dismissed for that move.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/21/18 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Neo
I highly doubt the Zottola's were protected by the Bonannos. It's just suicide whacking their earners.

The Luccheses on the other hand.....I don't know, their top guys are in lockup.

Those shoes are already filled.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/21/18 06:36 AM

With all the stuff that went down prior to the hit” there must of been a shit load of talk on the street “ if the Feds and NYPD can not figure this one out they are bad .

These Bloods and Crips rat on each other almost instantly if the Feds over them a deal.

No doubt in a very short period of time well have the 411

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/21/18 06:37 AM

These Bloods and Crips rat on each other almost instantly if the Feds over them a deal.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/21/18 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST

Not all the time.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 10/21/18 07:56 PM

Street gangs in general rat on each other all the time.
Posted By: Rigatoni777

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/22/18 09:02 PM

Any news on the Zottola hit? Two members of bloods and crips in jail now but who or what is behind the hit? If the albanians are behind this hit, like many newspaper say, than i want to see how the Italians react.....

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/22/18 09:18 PM

We are all waiting for ‏information...

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/22/18 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rigatoni777
Any news on the Zottola hit? Two members of bloods and crips in jail now but who or what is behind the hit? If the albanians are behind this hit, like many newspaper say, than i want to see how the Italians react.....

maybe the italians sourced the contract to the albanians and they went to the bloods
they have to hope albanians would not sing too like the blacks

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/23/18 02:02 AM

What are the 2 Bloods & Crip have to do with this incident?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/23/18 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by m2w

maybe the italians sourced the contract to the albanians and they went to the bloods
they have to hope albanians would not sing too like the blacks

In prison it´s pretty easy for the Italians to approach the Albanians and blacks.
Posted By: Rigatoni777

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/23/18 12:00 PM

@BlackFamily, have a look on this article, https://pix11.com/2018/11/16/2nd-bloods-member-accused-in-murder-for-hire-hit-at-bronx-mcdonalds/

Like MeyerLansky says, let's wait for more information. But what happend with the Zottola's is just crazy....nearly half a dozen attempts to kill them and still nobody was able to protect them or take them out of sight ?!?!?
The newspapers are writing that the albanians want to muscle into the poker game business, doesn't sound like a contract from the Italians.....maybe newspapers write to much.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/23/18 06:14 PM

Street gangs in general rat on each other all the time.

So do wiseguys.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/23/18 07:03 PM

True , but street gangs much more. Just a bunch of low lives, im not saying mafia members are not low lives,they are. But street gangs are worst scum around,most of them earn some petty money and are happy if they get to live 25+ years.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/23/18 07:27 PM

True , but street gangs much more. Just a bunch of low lives, im not saying mafia members are not low lives,they are. But street gangs are worst scum around,most of them earn some petty money and are happy if they get to live 25+ years.

Most mobsters are only earning petty money, too. Wiseguys and gang members increasingly resemble each other by the day.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/23/18 10:59 PM

Most mobsters are only earning petty money, too. Wiseguys and gang members increasingly resemble each other by the day.

Again, It seems people forget that Oaks. Many of those mobsters are just street guys themselves. Hence why there's some mutual understanding between groups and again the key is money. All these broad generalizations or stereotypes of each group is soaked in what mainstream media display and not nearly real life accuracy.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/23/18 11:16 PM

I'll bet the average mafia member has more respect for black street guys than they do for the mob groupies in their own neighborhoods. And definitely more than what they have for cops. Stand up thieves and racketeers share a bond.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/24/18 01:17 AM

Street gangs are called STREET for a reason.are u really comparing mafia and street gangs.Only thing they can control is local street corner, on the other side u have unions,construction,lucrative rackets and ofcourse there are connections to freemasonry

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/24/18 01:58 AM

Street gangs are called STREET for a reason.are u really comparing mafia and street gangs.Only thing they can control is local street corner, on the other side u have unions,construction,lucrative rackets and ofcourse there are connections to freemasonry

The type of name reflects the origin of the group generally here in the U.S. Street gang a group/organization that originated in the neighborhoods of a city. Similar to the themes of prison gang ( prisons) or biker gang ( bikes) , etc. That doesn't mean that street gangs activities are all tied to low level street activities exclusively.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/24/18 01:58 AM

@BlackFamily, have a look on this article, https://pix11.com/2018/11/16/2nd-bloods-member-accused-in-murder-for-hire-hit-at-bronx-mcdonalds/

Like MeyerLansky says, let's wait for more information. But what happend with the Zottola's is just crazy....nearly half a dozen attempts to kill them and still nobody was able to protect them or take them out of sight ?!?!?
The newspapers are writing that the albanians want to muscle into the poker game business, doesn't sound like a contract from the Italians.....maybe newspapers write to much.

I see now.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/24/18 02:44 AM

so the feds know everything. the albanians who run the weed game ive notice( looking at you oak) in parts of the northeast so do the vietnamese who have cousins in cali. they wanted this guys slots weird. paying the bloods. just a bad look for lcn if this is true and this guy was a lcn earner under someones protections. encrouchment on the turf 101

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/24/18 02:48 AM

so oak the open 2 recreational weed shops in massachusetts last tuesday one in worcester and one way out west in the mountains actually only like 120min from worcester. north hampton above springfield ma the real ghetto of massachusett all do respect has nice spots. there price gouging the fuck out shit 60bucks a 8th. there lines out doors 50people. theres medical places all over mass but you have to have a card and for 90 percent of weed white people they wont ask the primary care doc to give them one

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/24/18 02:50 AM

yaeh so ive been saying this a side of my little city has recently been taking over by albanians all from the bronx or westchester. ive been saying this for a few yrs on the board. there slowly filtering out of nyc as the rents go threw the moon and there smart lets make a colony couple hours away 1/10 the price
Posted By: OurThing

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/24/18 05:02 AM

They shot up that little old man in public? Multiple times in the head, chest, shoulders?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/24/18 04:21 PM

Here in cali they're running out of weed, pmac. Maybe the fires have something to do with it.
Posted By: OurThing

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/25/18 01:07 AM

I didn't read the entire thread so I didn't know about the Albanians... I just now saw some of the more recent news pieces. Interesting 2 minutes btw. I thought this was Italians murdering Italians, you know, like the "good old" days.

And some sh** about a Blood gang member, man I have no clue what's going on.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 11/25/18 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by OurThing
I didn't read the entire thread so I didn't know about the Albanians... I just now saw some of the more recent news pieces. Interesting 2 minutes btw. I thought this was Italians murdering Italians, you know, like the "good old" days.

And some sh** about a Blood gang member, man I have no clue what's going on.

Basically Zottola Sr been targeted since last year ( or prior) for some reason ( allegedly Albanians) and the contractors ( UBN members) have successful completed the hit. I've been stated before that LCN members/associates have hired UBN members to do hits. This been going on for who knows how long and just one of few cases where they're caught.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 12/19/18 10:26 AM

Suspects could face death penalty in mobster’s murder

https://nypost.com/2018/12/18/suspects-could-face-death-penalty-in-mobsters-murder/

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 12/19/18 11:48 AM

The other OC are definitely gaining on LCN other Italians from north to south it won’t be long the Feds have made them week and it’s going quick.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 12/19/18 07:04 PM

Suspects could face death penalty in mobster’s murder

https://nypost.com/2018/12/18/suspects-could-face-death-penalty-in-mobsters-murder/

He'll never get the death penalty...Especially in NY

My money says he'll get paroled before he ever see's the death penalty...

They only push that bs to give these guys a reason to become a rat...Like Massino...He's not stupid, he knew he'd never get the death penalty and even if sentenced would die of natural causes before they ever carried out the sentence !!

That said, its getting pretty embarrassing for the Italians when you have associates of your family getting killed and you're doing nothing to avenge it !!

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 12/19/18 07:46 PM

i bet the italians (probably lucchese family) ordered the hit, anyway sure shelton would flip too so we'll know who's really behind it

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 12/20/18 01:11 AM

These guys are definitely will hold out until more evidence is displayed. The shooter will need witness protection due to 3 different groups might kill him ( most likely UBN). I'm waiting for the feds to bring in Albanian suspects if they're behind this conspiracy or other mafiaso. This could drag out for months or years. The shooter's family need protection too.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 12/20/18 06:45 PM

i highly doubt other groups would go after lcn nowadays that is probably stronger than 10 or 15 years ago
the murder of vincet zito is 100% lcn and probably related with the zottola one

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 12/20/18 08:54 PM

I'm assuming these guys are members of Mac Baller Brim due to location and the expansion of that group.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 12/21/18 07:31 AM

Shooter flipped quick... like do the hit get arrested then flip one after the other in quick succession.

And I still find it insane that zottola weren’t way more careful. Beef clearly had gone way past resolving wtf was he thinking.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 12/21/18 12:06 PM

for whoever orderd the hit it must have been personal. like after 2 attemp even gaspipe and amuso would give the guy a pass. also makes me think the old guy wouldnt fold up shop and take his joker poker machines to a warehouse. i wonder if some other lcn guy just found out or known and is still collecting or did the albanians take them over. if this is what it really was about
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 01/20/19 01:59 AM

GPS tracking device found under reputed NYC mobster's car after he was executed, feds say
By Robert Gearty | Fox News

Reputed NYC mobster fatally shot at McDonald’s drive-thru
Federal agents investigating a New York City mob-style hit found a GPS tracking device beneath the victim’s car, according to reports.

Reputed Mafia associate Sylvster (Sally Daz) Zottola, 71, was sitting in the car when he was slain at a McDonald’s in the Bronx in October. His 41-year-old son survived an attempted gangland execution in July that was caught on camera.

Prosecutors told a judge Friday that they have surveillance video showing some of Zottola’s alleged killers coming and going at a location where the GPS device was activated six days before the murder, the New York Post reported

The hit may have been ordered by Albanian mobsters trying to muscle in on Zottola’s “Joker Poker” video game racket, according to the paper.

Five alleged members of the Bloods street gang have been charged with the murder.

Defense lawyers complained in court that the government shutdown was delaying a Justice Department decision on whether to seek the death penalty when the case goes to trial, the paper reported.

Newsday reported that the claim about the GPS device elicited no comment from any of the defendants’ attorneys in open court.

The elder Zottola had longstanding ties to Vincent “Vinny Gorgeous” Basciano, the former boss of the Bonanno crime family in New York City, according to the paper.

Debbie Zottola defended her father in an interview with the Bronx Times.

“He was a good man not a goodfella and he was a wise man not a wiseguy,” she said.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/18/19 08:44 PM

Mobster’s son behind dad’s murder at McDonald’s drive-thru: feds

A wiseguy’s son had him whacked in a McDonald’s drive-thru in the Bronx — and was behind the botched hit on his own brother, federal authorities in Brooklyn said Tuesday.

Anthony Zottola Sr. was named in a Brooklyn federal indictment that charges him with murder-for-hire conspiracy, unlawful use and possession of firearms and causing death through use of a firearm.

Zottola’s father, Sylvester “Sally Daz” Zottola, was gunned down on Oct. 4 as he sat in an Acura SUV that was boxed in by other vehicles outside the fast-food eatery at Webster Avenue and Belmont Street.

The elder Zottola, 71, had ordered a medium coffee shortly before being shot in the head, chest and shoulder, law enforcement sources have said.

The reputed Bonanno crime family associate is suspected to have run an illegal gambling operation involving “Joker Poker” video games.

“As alleged, Zottola Sr. set in motion a deadly plot to kill his father and brother, with Bloods gang members carrying out extreme acts of violence to collect a payoff for the hits,” said US Attorney Richard Donoghue.

“Zottola Sr. and Shelton referred to the planned murders as ‘filming’ a movie, but thanks to the outstanding work of law enforcement, the ending of their plot will take place in a federal courthouse.”

And FBI Assistant Director-in-Charge William Sweeney said, “There is apparently no love lost between Mr. Zottola and his family members, so much so he allegedly hired members of the Bloods gang to kill his brother and father. After several botched attempts on both men’s lives, sadly his father did not survive the last attack.”

“It looks like it was over the family business — the Joker Poker machines — and the son was looking to take over,” a source said Tuesday.

Investigators initially suspected the hit was ordered by rival Albanian gangsters who wanted to muscle in on the racket.

The killing followed an earlier shooting in which another Zottola son, Salvatore Zottola, was critically wounded outside his family’s waterfront compound of three homes in the Locust Point section of the Bronx.

The July 11 attack was intended to “lure out” the elder Zottola so he could be killed, according to the feds.

Anthony Zottola and eight alleged co-conspirators — several of whom were arrested previously — were awaiting arraignment Tuesday afternoon.

A ninth defendant was being sought.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/mobsters-son-behind-dads-murder-at-mcdonalds-drive-thru-feds/
Posted By: Biggie

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/19/19 01:19 AM

After I read this article, I read the whole threat..haha so much for Albanians..or inter family strife...or intra family strife...it’s personal family nonsense..the kid must have laughing after the first robbery when they were blaming the wiseguys...fuckin textin* this shit, fuckin dummies
Posted By: JoeTadaro

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/19/19 10:00 AM

How stupid is this kid not only trying to off his pops and brother but actually texting about it lol I know guys that don’t w be text about a little weed sale let alone a murder. What a fuckin moron

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/19/19 10:43 AM

Wow! Wild that with this hit and the Cali hit we initially thought they were mob-related killings, but turns out both over family/personal bs. Even if this was over some rackets, it’s still some inter-blood family struggle and not some order that came from down from one of the bosses. 2019 is wild.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/19/19 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Stubbs
Wow! Wild that with this hit and the Cali hit we initially thought they were mob-related killings, but turns out both over family/personal bs. Even if this was over some rackets, it’s still some inter-blood family struggle and not some order that came from down from one of the bosses. 2019 is wild.

Agreed what a weird year for the mob
Posted By: WhackWhack

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/19/19 09:16 PM

What a loser. Guy wasn't even connected totally living off pops the article said and whacked his own father for what? Like every shop and bar and store the machines in the proprietors are all going to say Oh you are Sally Dazs son sure we will continue to do business. No! too many movies.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/19/19 11:25 PM

Wtf that is weird then

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/20/19 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Biggie
After I read this article, I read the whole threat..haha so much for Albanians..or inter family strife...or intra family strife...it’s personal family nonsense..the kid must have laughing after the first robbery when they were blaming the wiseguys...fuckin textin* this shit, fuckin dummies

it was hard to imagine a similar thing, just like a nut killing cali

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/20/19 10:17 AM

So a nobody wants to take over his dad's business and hires a couple of Bloods and Latin Kings to have his own father and brother whacked? What the fuck.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/20/19 02:48 PM

What a shit bag. On top of never being free again hes owb family maybe a cousin and even child hood friends will never talk to him again. Thats a bad life sentence. He must have had mental health issues. I mean its no defense but his brain is evil . I guess idk

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/20/19 02:58 PM

Comello is mentally ill. This guy is a product of his upbringing. He did what he did because of money, the same thing that motivated all the other criminals in his family.
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/20/19 03:15 PM

Unbelievable. Just got back from SI yesterday. My GF lives a block away from Cali’s - took me by his place.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/20/19 04:09 PM

I'm sure the cops, through the years, have always heard the gangster saying 'I have no idea who killed that other gangster', and most of the time it was total BS. Nowadays, they may actually have to believe them!

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/20/19 06:05 PM

He´s Sr so there´s also a Junior?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/20/19 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by JoeTadaro
How stupid is this kid not only trying to off his pops and brother but actually texting about it lol I know guys that don’t w be text about a little weed sale let alone a murder. What a fuckin moron

Encrypted messages are pretty common nowadays even for the heavy stuff. But it turned out PGP isn't really safe.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/20/19 09:56 PM

Encrypted messages are pretty common nowadays even for the heavy stuff. But it turned out PGP isn't really safe.

Yea I guess not, I just think that if your talking about murder or moving drugs you should never be texting about it whether it’s in “code” or not

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/21/19 02:15 AM

Fake News

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/21/19 04:05 AM

He´s Sr so there´s also a Junior?

Probably has a son whose Jr.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/21/19 04:06 AM

Yea I guess not, I just think that if your talking about murder or moving drugs you should never be texting about it whether it’s in “code” or not

Bingo, Joe.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 06/22/19 12:18 AM

Fake News

I don't think we will know the whole story unless Anthony Zottola starts to cooperate.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/06/22 10:45 PM

Anthony Zottola accused of having his mob-associate dad rubbed out at a Bronx McDonald's drive-through was hoping to take over his father's $45 million real estate empire, federal prosecutors charged Tuesday.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/07/22 03:51 AM

Fake News

I don't think we will know the whole story unless Anthony Zottola starts to cooperate.

The whole story whats left to find out.

The MUTT killed his father for money and tried to kill his brother.
Talk about GREED

His dad gave him Millions and that wasn't enough.

How do you live with yourself after this.

Is his mother still alive?

He killed his father; his brother will never talk to him again either will his sister.

He is going to get convicted again he will never see if wife or children.
What a WASTE of LIFE....

Look how many peoples lived this guy ruined for NO REASON at ALL.
His loved ones
The closest people to him

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/08/22 03:23 PM

Spoiled white suburban kid tries to kill is father to inherit money. He gets a friend to do it. Neither he nor his friend is in any crime family. The victim is not a member of the Mafia, he is called an associate. So how did this stay the biggest story on mob sites? Look at the start of this topic, all the wrong speculation. Capeci has nothing but this to cover in Gangland, when in fact it is more a story geared towards a tabloid style tv show.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/08/22 03:56 PM

A major lesson mobsters should take from this is to never hire gangbangers to do a hit for you. Not only did they botch the hit I don't know how many times, but they also flipped faster than a professional chef flips a pancake.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/08/22 07:07 PM

A major lesson mobsters should take from this is to never hire gangbangers to do a hit for you. Not only did they botch the hit I don't know how many times, but they also flipped faster than a professional chef flips a pancake.

Here in America they don’t have a great track record.
While I would say 9.5 Out of 10 are so dead broke that for a few dollars they will gladly take the contract.

“These GINNIES” want to pay me $50K to take out their homeboy or whatever.
They will jump on that.

They couldn’t kill Bonelli
They had to stalk this guy (DAZ) for almost a year before they got him.
They couldn’t kill his son.

Due to the fact the couldn’t execute they had all that back and forth and incriminating evidence.
They had a better shot of getting away with it if it was a “ONE and DONE”
They certainly had the cover story it was the Albanians.

If they never had those text messages they probably wouldn’t had a case against Anthony, even if the shooter flipped.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/09/22 06:52 AM

The Bonelli fiasco was so pathetic for the Genoveses.
You’d think that a family like that would have the connections to hire legit hitmen (like eastern euros or former military).

At least this idiot brat was not a mob guy.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/09/22 08:29 AM

Fat Sal got approval to whack Bonelli but not to hire gang members to do it.

The truth is the percentage of drive by shootings that end up getting solved is probably so small
It seems like a viable option.

However when you take these boys from the hood and bring them into LCN’s world of surveillance they dont stand a chance they just aren’t used to it.

That’s the problem and that on every case they flip.

It’s not 3 out of 10

It’s 10 out of 10 you have gang members flip.

Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/09/22 10:26 AM

You’d think that a family like that would have the connections to hire legit hitmen (like eastern euros or former military).

The simple truth is that a Mafia family, any family, is supposed to have an overwhelming percentage of their core membership, and by extension many of their closer associates "capable" and ready to do work at the drop of a hat. The fact that the few violent acts committed in recent years have all been "outsourced" by the hierarchy to outsiders (to common street urchins and gutter rats no less) is a major embarrassment and slap in the face to the entire brotherhood. WTF?

Is THIS what LCN has come to? Better yet, is THIS what the hierarchies, the so-called "bosses and brains" of these outfits have decided after consultation and careful consideration of the subject at hand? Shameful to say the least, and a sure sign of incompetence at best.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/09/22 10:27 AM

Spoiled white suburban kid tries to kill is father to inherit money. He gets a friend to do it. Neither he nor his friend is in any crime family. The victim is not a member of the Mafia, he is called an associate. So how did this stay the biggest story on mob sites? Look at the start of this topic, all the wrong speculation. Capeci has nothing but this to cover in Gangland, when in fact it is more a story geared towards a tabloid style tv show.

100% correct....1000% in fact.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/09/22 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by NYMafia

The simple truth is that a Mafia family, any family, is supposed to have an overwhelming percentage of their core membership, and by extension many of their closer associates "capable" and ready to do work at the drop of a hat. The fact that the few violent acts committed in recent years have all been "outsourced" by the hierarchy to outsiders (to common street urchins and gutter rats no less) is a major embarrassment and slap in the face to the entire brotherhood. WTF?

Is THIS what LCN has come to? Better yet, is THIS what the hierarchies, the so-called "bosses and brains" of these outfits have decided after consultation and careful consideration of the subject at hand? Shameful to say the least, and a sure sign of incompetence at best.

I do think it's deliberate though. I mean, the American justice system ain't no joke. There probably are more than enough wise guys running around that are more than capable of murder...hell, for all we know some are even itching to whack someone, but due to the harsh penalties - especially if you're LCN - many have taken a liking to the idea of some gang members taking the fall for a hit. There's plenty of them to go around and when a bit of dough comes into play there's more than enough candidates who wouldn't hesitate twice to pull a trigger. Even if they're not very good at it.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/09/22 07:41 PM

Well said KJ.

it makes sense to delegate murder to outsiders. Just pick guys who’d do the hit proper and then disappear. Gangbangers are the worst. You’re better off looking for some war veteran who’s killing for pleasure more than for money at this point.
Crazy is better than lazy.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/09/22 07:52 PM

I do think it's deliberate though. I mean, the American justice system ain't no joke. There probably are more than enough wise guys running around that are more than capable of murder...hell, for all we know some are even itching to whack someone, but due to the harsh penalties - especially if you're LCN - many have taken a liking to the idea of some gang members taking the fall for a hit. There's plenty of them to go around and when a bit of dough comes into play there's more than enough candidates who wouldn't hesitate twice to pull a trigger. Even if they're not very good at it.

But they don't know what the fuck it is that they're doing. They are dummies. They have no brains, no foresight, and no basic format about how to even go about committing a "gangland" homicide without it being traced back to them. And once caught (which 99.9% of them are as current events have clearly pointed out), most turn rat! So I ask you now, "What good is that?" (and if you don't mind, I'll also answer my own question ok. The answer is, "Its NO good at all.")

There are ways to successfully get things done. But hiring outsiders, especially brain-dead druggie gangbangers who have zero loyalty to LCN is not the way!

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/10/22 02:43 PM

But it was not a mob hit, I explained it above.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/10/22 02:54 PM

No it wasn't. I was just some money-hungry jerk off kid, a son no less, who plotted to do away with his father to gain quick wealth and inheritance. Shameful!

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/10/22 04:02 PM

But it was not a mob hit, I explained it above.

No it wasn't and I didn't claim this particular case was. Zottola still was a mob associate and even if it is his douchebag son who plotted the hit, it still took place in a sorta mob-related environment. I just saw some parallels with the Bonelli disaster where the Genovese outsourced the hit to gang members as well, which makes me believe that outsourcing hits is starting to become more and more common in that world.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/10/22 05:05 PM

Killingjoke, in that Bonelli case the only Genovese member involved walked away when he found out that they were planning to kill Bonelli.

Capeci has nothing left to write about, so he promotes these clowns to Mafia status in order to have a weekly column.

As for this:

it still took place in a sorta mob-related environmen
t.

How so? The son had no ties, the potential killer had none, the father was not a member, and no on sin the mob knew of it.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/10/22 05:09 PM

Capeci has been reduced to covering birthday parties. This week his other story besides the built up Zottala story was that Barney Bellamo turned 65 and had a party. Capeci was so in full gloating mode over getting a photo from the party he turned it into a column. The previous weeks we have had obits of LE officials, and a bunch of arrests for poker games with bails as his as 2 million dollars for running those games.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/10/22 05:13 PM

Killingjoke, in that Bonelli case the only Genovese member involved walked away when he found out that they were planning to kill Bonelli.

Capeci has nothing left to write about, so he promotes these clowns to Mafia status in order to have a weekly column.

As for this:

t.

How so? The son had no ties, the potential killer had none, the father was not a member, and no on sin the mob knew of it.

No, but father Zottola was still an associate. It wasn't a mob hit, the mob knew nothing about it at all, but it was an attack against a longtime associate. So it did take place in that world.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/10/22 05:17 PM

On one of J.P. podcasts he told a story of an assault that was farmed out to the Bloods, and he also tells a story that Bloods were sent for him.

It would probably work if the gang member's actually were good at killing people.

It should be a one and done scenerio.

No cell phone communication.

Meet at 3:00’A.M. in an alley or a back yard.

If you get caught your doing life so the extra precautions are worth it.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/11/22 01:50 AM

As for this:

t.

No, but father Zottola was still an associate. It wasn't a mob hit, the mob knew nothing about it at all, but it was an attack against a longtime associate. So it did take place in that world.

That is really a stretch.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/11/22 09:22 AM

As for this:

t.

That is really a stretch.

Maybe a stretch, but I don't always consider a stretch to be completely invalid. What I'm getting at is that we're seeing quite a bit of crossover when it comes to organized crime. You have people - even if they're just associates - from the LCN environment increasingly hanging around with for instance street and biker gang members. You had the 2010 Lucchese bust where members from the Nine Trey Gangsters set of the UBN where arrested alongside Joseph Perna and Michael Cetta. Even despite the absolutely horrendous track record, it wouldn't surprise me if we'll be seeing actual direct mob-related hits getting outsourced in the future. In NYC/NJ there's always a Blood, a Trinitario, a Latin King, a Pagan...or an off-the-boat Albanian or Russian hood willing to cap someone for some cash.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/11/22 03:32 PM

The first 2 pages of this show how far fetched the optional stories and speculation were. Albanians, Vinny Gorgeous, Lucesses, drug deals. As usual, terrible news reporting too. Daily News, NYTimes, and so on.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/11/22 07:20 PM

The first 2 pages of this show how far fetched the optional stories and speculation were. Albanians, Vinny Gorgeous, Lucesses, drug deals. As usual, terrible news reporting too. Daily News, NYTimes, and so on.

Yeah, but who could've known it was his dipshit son who plotted the hit? If anyone would've come out with that story as a theory who would've actually believed that? Shows how crazy that world can be lol

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/12/22 01:39 AM

Yeah, but who could've known it was his dipshit son who plotted the hit? If anyone would've come out with that story as a theory who would've actually believed that? Shows how crazy that world can be lol

Very true, plus the news reports wanted people to think it was a mafia hit. It is similar to the way Frank Cali's killing was at first thought to be a mob hit by some. This one is worse IMO because people like Capeci keep writing it up as a mob case when it isn't.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/15/22 03:24 PM

Capeci has lost his mind, his gangland has turned a weekly report trying as hard as possible to make this a mob hit.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/18/22 01:04 AM

I read Sally Daz was also close to the Lucchese's to whom? And how were the Albanians involved?

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/18/22 03:22 AM

If Vinny Gorgeous was out this never would have happened.
If it did those “ BOYS FROM HOOD” would have been sent back to the hood in bags.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/18/22 06:05 AM

Vinny Gorgeous would not have been able to do anything. He would have tried, but no one knew it was the son behind it. The son hired a friend, not a gang. They say the kid he hired was part of a gang, but they say that all the tie. If he was in a gang, they also seemed to not be a part of it,

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/18/22 09:08 AM

I read Sally Daz was also close to the Lucchese's to whom? And how were the Albanians involved?

Albanians weren't involved at all. That was just another sensationalist ploy by the media to create an exciting story.

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 09/18/22 04:39 PM

Albanians weren't involved at all. That was just another sensationalist ploy by the media to create an exciting story.

True, a decade ago it was the Russians always being mentioned, now it's the Albanians. They just love throwing in various groups to liven up a story,
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Zottola Whacked Today in the Bronx - 04/23/23 03:04 PM

The Father, the Son… the Mafia, the Bloods Gang, and Greed https://gangstersinc.org/blog/the-father-the-son-the-mafia-the-bloods-gang-and-greed
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET