Home

Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet

Posted By: Ciment

Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 09/30/18 08:22 AM

https://nypost.com/2018/09/29/the-new-mafia-is-wising-up-and-keeping-quiet/

The new Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet
Posted By: Slimshady

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 09/30/18 05:12 PM

The mob could never survive in today’s world if they kept actin like they did in the 80’s. Bosses can’t have face-to face meetings and hits cant happen as often as they used to. Lcn is smart, and guys like frank cali r the reason why the mob is alive and well.

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 09/30/18 06:06 PM

Agree, this is a business that you want to remain under the radar and out of the Feds mind. Guys like Carlo Gambino did not show off their wealth and tried to stay out of the news.

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 09/30/18 06:08 PM

The LCN also had to many rats they need to get that under control.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 09/30/18 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ciment

Its hard to do it because many mobsters doesn't had the state of mind of their fathers or grandfathers;out any myth on the mafia,before the omertà was lived as a way of life:don't speak with cops,made money in the shadow,obey to the boss ecc in the 1980s with the Rico law a mobster can find an exit and flipped saving his live or don't go in prison.
Now the LCN is more american that sicilian and only the zips and few mobster follow the old rules.
The only take the rats under control is to prefer quality to quantity.
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 09/30/18 08:59 PM

You have to be a chameleon and adapt with the times. They have the right guys in the right spots calling the shots. LCN will never die in NYC. Period.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 09/30/18 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Slimshady
The mob could never survive in today’s world if they kept actin like they did in the 80’s. Bosses can’t have face-to face meetings and hits cant happen as often as they used to. Lcn is smart, and guys like frank cali r the reason why the mob is alive and well.

100% true !
frank and barney are still young (in mafia terms) so they can really make history in lcn
also philliy are rumored to recruit a lot of guys
detroit and jersey are quit so who knows...
bonnano's will also be interesting to follow with mancuso release
the colombos need to rebuild
and with recent news that they have stuff going on in canada, so as long as they maintain good relationship between them (the american families) they can find new puppet family or clan to rule canada for them and pay them money, it's pretty tough to have something like that with the calabrians who rule there, but maybe they will make them their allies and work together so they will have both canada and ny, and maybe they will have vegas back some day...
if that so then the lcn will really have bright future ahead of them that's for sure !
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 09/30/18 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by PetroPirelli
You have to be a chameleon and adapt with the times. They have the right guys in the right spots calling the shots. LCN will never die in NYC. Period.

The feds don't care about the mafia anymore

They're more concerned with drug cartels and crooked doctors
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 09/30/18 11:06 PM

The perpetual state of war and the economic crash exposed a non existent line between organized crime and the so called legitimate world. This country is a confederation of mafia families, and always was.
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 10/01/18 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by Ciment

Its hard to do it because many mobsters doesn't had the state of mind of their fathers or grandfathers;out any myth on the mafia,before the omertà was lived as a way of life:don't speak with cops,made money in the shadow,obey to the boss ecc in the 1980s with the Rico law a mobster can find an exit and flipped saving his live or don't go in prison.
Now the LCN is more american that sicilian and only the zips and few mobster follow the old rules.
The only take the rats under control is to prefer quality to quantity.

Furio, Cali seems to be bringing a lot of that old school way back around. It reminds me of in Gomorrah where Pietro insulated himself so well. Was never out in public that often unless he had a dispute with another clan. But obv we're talking about two different factions, but you get the idea.

I guess my question is, will the other Families follow suit? The Genoveses have traditionally been good at keeping a low profile. And we watch the other families struggle.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 10/01/18 11:25 AM

this was a poor researched article. things that stuck out the colombo's made 6 guys and didnt vet there names and there running with cali as the boss. think theres 2many other old guys that would be next inline then a guy inducted in the late 90tys.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 10/01/18 02:14 PM

To be honest they have kept fairly quiet since the new millenium came around
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 10/01/18 07:20 PM

I find it hilarious that Sonny Franzese has seemingly reclaimed his underboss spot. If he didn't have Catapano and Uvino out there, he'd be on the shelf by now. What a pathetic family. That entire administration is in a wheelchair.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 10/01/18 07:28 PM

i forgot that too ralphy sonny franzese reclaimed his poition at 101. he pulled that out his ass. im sure sonnys eating his jello in some old folks home on long island
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 10/01/18 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
i forgot that too ralphy sonny franzese reclaimed his poition at 101. he pulled that out his ass. im sure sonnys eating his jello in some old folks home on long island

Sonny lives in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. The only reason I believe this could be true is because this comes from a law enforcement source. My guess is he's got Catapano doing his bidding. Sonny is a nut job and so is that other guy Persico. Nothing surprises me when it comes to those guys.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 10/01/18 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
I find it hilarious that Sonny Franzese has seemingly reclaimed his underboss spot. If he didn't have Catapano and Uvino out there, he'd be on the shelf by now. What a pathetic family. That entire administration is in a wheelchair.

If the colombos wouldn't kick out the persico like the gambinos did with the gottis there will now young boss and young wiseguys in the administration.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 10/01/18 09:21 PM

I understand the theory of only promoting the old guys to admin, ala the outfit.for example, if somebody becomes admin at 70, they have about 10-15 years at the top before thier health start collapsing, plus it takes the heat off of your money makers by not thrusting them into the spotlight and everyone will talk about how your organization is on its last legs when in actuality, your right where you want to be
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 10/01/18 09:23 PM

Plus the younger guys snitch way more then the older guys, the older guys camed to terms with death a long time ago
Posted By: NickyfromTampa

Re: Mafia is wising up and keeping quiet - 10/01/18 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted by pmac

Sonny lives in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. The only reason I believe this could be true is because this comes from a law enforcement source. My guess is he's got Catapano doing his bidding. Sonny is a nut job and so is that other guy Persico. Nothing surprises me when it comes to those guys.

Yep, he lives with his daughter in Greenpoint. Recent photos of him have him looking healthier than he did when he got out of prison. He's put on a lot of the weight that he lost during his bid behind bars so he doesn't look as gaunt anymore.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET