Home

Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke

Posted By: streetbossliborio

Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/10/18 07:07 PM

https://youtu.be/m3D6Qc6uByo

Made me wet myself this.

The way he talks about it makes me think there’s some truth to it, at least in the fact he worked for a mob run strip club in Youngstown. Also if someone thinking of making up a Mafia story why wouldn’t he say NY or NJ, why Youngstown of all places.

Anyone know more?
Posted By: F_white

Re: Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/10/18 09:33 PM

Pryor at his BEST Classic.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/11/18 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
https://youtu.be/m3D6Qc6uByo

Made me wet myself this.

The way he talks about it makes me think there’s some truth to it, at least in the fact he worked for a mob run strip club in Youngstown. Also if someone thinking of making up a Mafia story why wouldn’t he say NY or NJ, why Youngstown of all places.

Anyone know more?

Why not Youngstown :-)
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/11/18 10:58 PM

Wouldn’t the average person think of ny, nj first? Youngstown Ohio seems so specific!
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/14/18 12:09 AM

Haha.

"Normally that shit scares whitey to death...and these mutha fuckas didn't do nothin!"
Posted By: FrankValenti

Re: Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/16/18 06:55 PM

I've always assumed it was based on his real life experiences working in mafia-owned clubs. I highly doubt a young Richard Pryor pulled a gun out on a bunch of wise guys, but I can definitely see them kicking it with a young comedian after the show, getting drunk and acting exactly how Pryor portrays them in his routine. There also really was a black stripper named Satin Doll. She's still alive and her real name is Toni Elling. She was originally from Detroit and she became friends with Sammy Davis Jr and Joe Louis from her performances between the 1950s-70s. Obviously there's no way to prove this woman complained to Richard Pryor about not getting paid at a nightclub in Youngstown, but the timeframe, location and details are right. I'd bet that it happened.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/16/18 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by FrankValenti
I've always assumed it was based on his real life experiences working in mafia-owned clubs. I highly doubt a young Richard Pryor pulled a gun out on a bunch of wise guys, but I can definitely see them kicking it with a young comedian after the show, getting drunk and acting exactly how Pryor portrays them in his routine. There also really was a black stripper named Satin Doll. She's still alive and her real name is Toni Elling. She was originally from Detroit and she became friends with Sammy Davis Jr and Joe Louis from her performances between the 1950s-70s. Obviously there's no way to prove this woman complained to Richard Pryor about not getting paid at a nightclub in Youngstown, but the timeframe, location and details are right. I'd bet that it happened.

Isn't this the same guy that set himself on fire?
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/16/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by FrankValenti

Isn't this the same guy that set himself on fire?

One night he mixed some low-fat milk and some pasteurized, then he dipped his cookie in and the **** blew up.
Posted By: Penguin

Re: Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/16/18 08:51 PM

Wouldn’t the average person think of ny, nj first? Youngstown Ohio seems so specific!

Whats so hard to get? It's probably based on a true story.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/16/18 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Penguin

Whats so hard to get? It's probably based on a true story.

If you knew Youngstown like I knew Youngstown you'd know it's a true story.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Richard Pryor Youngstown Mafia joke - 09/16/18 09:12 PM

Good song by Bruce Springsteen too.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET