Home

Sammy Gravano’s old crew

Posted By: Zero6245

Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/09/18 05:07 PM

Why did members of sammy’s old crew never get indicted for some murders he implicated them in? Guys like lou Vallario, Huck Carbonaro, and joey d’angelo were never charged with the murders of Nick Mormando, Mike Debatt, and lou millito. Why did the feds never press charges?
Posted By: AdamRski

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/09/18 06:28 PM

I thought part of his agreement with the feds was that he wouldn't testify against his crew. I've seen that in other cases before where they won't testify against certain people. In Detroit Nove Tocco wouldn't testify against his uncle Anthony Zerilli but he still got his deal.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/10/18 04:10 AM

That's right it was part of his agreement with the feds. There was a limit on the amount of years he would have to spend as a witness and he also wouldn't have to testify against his old crew. I'm sure they allowed him those conditions because he would help give them the dirt on Gotti plus all the other information he could provide.

Interestingly, he also refused to testify against Gaspipe Casso. Not because of loyalty, but because he was scared of what Casso might do.

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/11/18 03:39 AM

How come none of the people gravano identified as shooters on the Castellano hit were indicted?
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/11/18 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zero6245
How come none of the people gravano identified as shooters on the Castellano hit were indicted?

Because the Feds really couldn't care less and wanted Gotti really bad..The FBI is one of the most corrupt organizations in the US..
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/13/18 03:57 AM

Big Lou Vallario? Huck Carbonaro?

Those are some of the names I remember from the book. Those were some tough looking guys. Vallerio's out, isn't he? I think Huck went to Arizona with Pete Gotti looking for Gravano years ago. Story has it they never found him, but I bet they weren't looking very hard.
Posted By: WhackWhack

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/13/18 07:01 AM

OakAsFan,

I believe Peter Gotti as Acting Boss sent Huck and Fat Sal Mangiavillano to Arizona to look for and whack Sammy. Huck was sent because he would recognize him as being part of his former crew. The Fat Sal guy turned rat and that's the main reason Gotti is locked up until 2032.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/13/18 11:13 AM

peter gotti gambled on his life he was offerd 13 yr plea deal for a his cases went to trial got 30+. i like how sammy the bull used that old guy peruta in his book and testimony. saying he was the shooter in all the hits so his other crew couldnt be indicted.
Posted By: AdamRski

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/13/18 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by pmac
peter gotti gambled on his life he was offerd 13 yr plea deal for a his cases went to trial got 30+. i like how sammy the bull used that old guy peruta in his book and testimony. saying he was the shooter in all the hits so his other crew couldnt be indicted.

I thought Gravano only had Peruta as the shooter in two hits.
Posted By: Reverend

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/13/18 12:28 PM

I believe in NY a person can't be convicted of a crime based souly on acomplace testmoney.
I think Sammy did name the Castellano shooters but without corroborating evidence there was nothing they could arrested any of them for
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/15/18 04:26 AM

Sammy's deal was that he wouldn't testify against anyone in his old crew.

And an off the books deal with Gotti Sr, son for a son.

If Gravano left Gotti Jr out of everything
Which he did

Gotti Sr. would not come after Gravano's son.

The last hit Sr. ordered I forget the name in the parking garage the work was done by Jr's crew, he was capo at the time Gravano totally left Jr out of the plot

They both honored the deal.

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/15/18 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Reverend
I believe in NY a person can't be convicted of a crime based souly on acomplace testmoney.
I think Sammy did name the Castellano shooters but without corroborating evidence there was nothing they could arrested any of them for

Not sure what N.Y. law is however, the feds put Gotti away and the feds cut Gravano the the deal.

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/15/18 02:36 PM

The feds had a lot more evidence than just Sammy Gravanos testimony.

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/15/18 03:44 PM

Joe massino got convicted on 7 murders all based on accomplice testimony
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/15/18 09:28 PM

BensonHurst, where did you hear this deal to leave the son's alone deal?

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/15/18 10:33 PM

There was a lot of corroborating evidence against Massino.
FOR instance they had pics of Joe, Vito and George outside a motel the day after th 3 captones murders.
That help corroborate Vitale 's testimony of who was there on that date
I promise they had more evidence than just rats.

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/16/18 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by blueracing347
BensonHurst, where did you hear this deal to leave the son's alone deal?

I read it somewhere at the moment I can't remember sorry.

It will come to me.
Posted By: jace

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/16/18 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Reverend
The feds had a lot more evidence than just Sammy Gravanos testimony.

IN that case they made a bad deal giving him so little time for everything he confessed to. They were so desperate for. conviction of Gotti they let Gravano walk from 20 murders and from being Gotti's underboss with only 5 years.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/16/18 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST

Which he did

The last hit Sr. ordered I forget the name in the parking garage the work was done by Jr's crew, he was capo at the time Gravano totally left Jr out of the plot

Which he did

Which he did

U mean Louie Dibono? Yeh Gravanno implicated I think Bobby Borriello and Charles but left out Jr Gotti

Although this wasn’t the last hit Gotti ordered, I think it was Fred Weiss some contractor out in Jersey. Initially Joe Watts handled it but it ended up being passed to the Jersey crew

As for the deal, son for a son, yes I’ve read that yrs ago too.

I must say, for a rat, Gravano at lease had some loyalty left. ie when Gravano reaches out to Fat Dom, and they spoke on the phone

Sammy was trying to get fat Dom to come out and help him (down in Az), then Sammy mentioned how ‘guys I liked, I just told Feds I don’t know anything about him’

He was also advising Fat Dom to stick the feds with the tab.... think they needed dental work

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/16/18 02:19 PM

No dibono was his last hit. Fred weiss got killed in 89

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/16/18 02:20 PM

But the feds charged him with Gerlando Sciascia’s killing. He had no direct involvement in that. All was based on testimony from vitale

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/16/18 02:38 PM

By then it was established that Joe was the head of the family and the only one that could authorize a hit.
The rats just corroborated that evidence and detailed the how and why
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/17/18 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
i like how sammy the bull used that old guy peruta in his book and testimony. saying he was the shooter in all the hits so his other crew couldnt be indicted.

I don't think it was out of loyalty to his crew...I think he did that so they wouldn't implicate him in more killings he was involved with that he never told the feds about !!
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/17/18 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by WhackWhack
OakAsFan,

I believe Peter Gotti as Acting Boss sent Huck and Fat Sal Mangiavillano to Arizona to look for and whack Sammy. Huck was sent because he would recognize him as being part of his former crew. .

And they wanted to use a bomb, apparently too scared to confront him in a possible shootout situation !!

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 07/18/18 04:56 AM

Imagine that hit went down. Jesus the media frenzy would of been crazy.
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/16/18 04:55 AM

Whether Gravano flipped or not, Gotti was done.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/16/18 01:51 PM

correct Quiet john convicted himself on the tapes along with a few others , sammy gave up the in's and out's of all the deals going on ,also chin et.al. and his 19 with others ,paul tommy ect

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/17/18 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Quiet_Doms

Most likely, but they also had him by disqualifying his 2 top choices as attorney for him. They could have given Gravano 15 and he would have probably accepted, and they could have made him toss in his crew. The feds blew it big time.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/17/18 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by jace

Most likely, but they also had him by disqualifying his 2 top choices as attorney for him. They could have given Gravano 15 and he would have probably accepted, and they could have made him toss in his crew. The feds blew it big time.

Hold on a second. His attorneys were dismissed because they were acting as house counsel for the Gambino family and were practically associates.

Facetious, again.
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/17/18 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

Hold on a second. His attorneys were dismissed because they were acting as house counsel for the Gambino family and were practically associates.

Facetious, again.

Bruce was thrown out because of Gotti talking about paying him under the table on the bug.

And you right they could've made Sammy do anything they want. His ass was looking at life, at best. I don't think they offered him a damn thing before he said "I'm in." The way they played the tapes at the bail hearing was an ace move imo. Sammy saw the writing on the wall as soon as they played those tapes.

Is Sammy ever heard talking business on the bug?

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/17/18 01:07 AM

Facetious, again.

Wrong, Bozo. Cutler was call house counsel , but they never ported it, an a second attorney was subpoenaed as a witness, disqualifying him. They wound up never calling him as a witness, so it was an underhanded move by the prosecution. You seem to have Never read up on or followed the case. You just want to preach from your high horse. Newsflash: That children's rocking horse you sit on makes you look foolish.

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/17/18 01:24 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/07/27/...wyer-from-representing-him-at-trial.html

I suppose you're conveniently going to ignore the fact that Gotti tampered with the juries in his previous trials, as well, while you're eschewing all the other facts?

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/17/18 02:58 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/07/27/...wyer-from-representing-him-at-trial.html

I suppose you're conveniently going to ignore the fact that Gotti tampered with the juries in his previous trials, as well, while you're eschewing all the other facts?

Every time the feds lost they cried that tired tune. In the first trail they had one man on the jury, but the 11 others agreed--not guilty. They robbed Gotti of his right to the attorney of his choice, unfair and illegal, but the feds do it and get away with it by making excuses and having the power to do as they please.

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/17/18 07:41 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/07/nyregion/juror-is-convicted-of-selling-vote-to-gotti.html

And let's not forget the threats to the family members of jurors, eh?

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/17/18 04:01 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/07/nyregion/juror-is-convicted-of-selling-vote-to-gotti.html

And let's not forget the threats to the family members of jurors, eh?

Never happened.

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/17/18 08:27 PM

It's well documented in every book about Gotti, and several others.

Do some research before you start babbling baseless nonsense.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/17/18 08:58 PM

Gotti was done regardless if his mob lawyer Cutler was there or not. His big fuckin mouth did him in
Posted By: bronx

Re: Sammy Gravano’s old crew - 08/18/18 04:57 AM

JC is correct ..he could have ten lawyers..his mouth crushed him and others
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET