Home

Story of recent trip to Palermo

Posted By: streetbossliborio

Story of recent trip to Palermo - 06/27/18 12:02 AM

Few months back I was holidaying in Sicily and was in Palermo for the day. Was down a back road and a local guy “sold” his restaurant well to my group so we sat down despite the back road looking a bit dingy. Fast forward a few drinks and as we are awaiting food we hear a huge commotion. This Middle Aged Sicilian guy is screaming at this young African guy who was carrying trash to a commercial bin. The Sicilian guy is being held back at this point from hitting the African guy who seemed unfazed. After 5 minutes the restaurant manager came over to us and explained that they are arguing over the use of a certain bin and the Sicilian guy thinks he’s big time as he’s related to a certain dead judge.. I said are you referring to falcone? The suprised manager said yes. Turns out it’s Giovanni falcones nephew who was screaming still at this point and wanting to fight the other guy. Must have a Sanitation job or something there I’m guessing. On a side note I also visited the grand hotel des Palmes where lucky and Bonnanas apparently had that famous meeting. Decor looked unchanged!
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Story of recent trip to Palermo - 06/27/18 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Few months back I was holidaying in Sicily and was in Palermo for the day. Was down a back road and a local guy “sold” his restaurant well to my group so we sat down despite the back road looking a bit dingy. Fast forward a few drinks and as we are awaiting food we hear a huge commotion. This Middle Aged Sicilian guy is screaming at this young African guy who was carrying trash to a commercial bin. The Sicilian guy is being held back at this point from hitting the African guy who seemed unfazed. After 5 minutes the restaurant manager came over to us and explained that they are arguing over the use of a certain bin and the Sicilian guy thinks he’s big time as he’s related to a certain dead judge.. I said are you referring to falcone? The suprised manager said yes. Turns out it’s Giovanni falcones nephew who was screaming still at this point and wanting to fight the other guy. Must have a Sanitation job or something there I’m guessing. On a side note I also visited the grand hotel des Palmes where lucky and Bonnanas apparently had that famous meeting. Decor looked unchanged!

Unchanged from????...pics u saw or another time u were there?

Re: Story of recent trip to Palermo - 06/27/18 07:55 AM

I’m guessing to be honest as it looked like it was really old fashioned.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Story of recent trip to Palermo - 06/28/18 12:36 AM

Nice, I’m planning on visiting Italy soon this yr hopefully. Well, Venice. I’m not particularly keen (heard a lot of horror stories where they’re sticking foreigners with huge tabs) for mediocre food. But the mrs is insisting

Re: Story of recent trip to Palermo - 06/28/18 11:26 PM

Venice is nice but quite expensive and a lot of walking. Went there about 3 years ago as the mrs pushed for it. At the time it was 80 Euro’s for 30 mins in a gondola which I thought was a rip off. Beautiful city though and definitely one to visit with the mrs. After all the Italian and Sicilian cities I’ve visited Rome was the best by a long shot however. All the ruins and culture there blew me away. Not to say Palermo, Venice, cefalu weren’t amazing too. Milan not so much lol. Going to visit Naples next

Re: Story of recent trip to Palermo - 06/28/18 11:27 PM

Food in Venice was the worst. Best was Palermo for me FYI. And I’m a big guy so be assured I tried a lot of dishes in each place haha
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET