Home

NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT

Posted By: bronx

NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 02:52 PM

A and E 10 PM
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 04:06 PM

What is this show going to cover that we don't already know?
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by The_Marble_Guy
What is this show going to cover that we don't already know?

mostly the jailhouse meetting between gotti and junior. We have only seen small parts but suppoedly they are showing much of that meeting
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 06:27 PM

You never know since Jr. said to much already and his family is calling him a rat he may as well make some cash for this.
Posted By: Slimshady

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 06:59 PM

The show is prob gunna ride gotti’s dick the whole time and make him out to be a robin hood. Even tho he was pretty retarded and was only on the streets for 5 years but whatever.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 07:05 PM

I hope John Sr. is in a better mood than when his daughter visited him with the kids without any photos to give him, and when his grand kids told him they wanted to be basketball players. My goodness, that was a bad day to visit him.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Slimshady
The show is prob gunna ride gotti’s dick the whole time and make him out to be a robin hood. Even tho he was pretty retarded and was only on the streets for 5 years but whatever.

Probably. Unfortunetly whenever the gotti family is involved they make him out to be this great guy. Angel Gotti is usually pretty fair. Junior is half a half. Victoria is the worst and thankfully she isnt apart of the documentary
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 07:21 PM

Yeh Angel strikes me as someone who doesn’t try to twist the truth. Vicky on the other hand, she’s what u call ‘in denial’ and seems to believe her bs

Even if there’s not much fresh information on this show, don’t forget the networks and studios are constantly having to remake the same stuff- for next generation

U can’t just put on something that’s 20 yrs old
or more
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 07:36 PM

"My father was a God among men. He was cut from a different cloth. People hung on his every word. He commanded respect; demanded it. He was a man's man. He did his time like a man. Even when the Feds had him behind the eight ball. My father had 0.1% body fat in prison. Even when he had throat cancer, he would do thousands of Hindu squats and thousands of one-armed pushups. He didn't break wind because he thought it was a sign of weakness. The Feds put him backs against the wall through several trials and not once did he blink, even with the disadvantage."

Translation: I am a stool pigeon.
Posted By: FrankValenti

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I hope John Sr. is in a better mood than when his daughter visited him with the kids without any photos to give him, and when his grand kids told him they wanted to be basketball players. My goodness, that was a bad day to visit him.

It was pretty funny hearing a glorified rat piece of shit murderer tell his grandson about how he can't play sports because then he'd be a "garbage pail." Pretty hypocritical if you ask me, but maybe I'm just another "over-educated, under-intelligent motherfucker."

Gotti was a cocksucking scumbag.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by FrankValenti

It was pretty funny hearing a glorified rat piece of shit murderer tell his grandson about how he can't play sports because then he'd be a "garbage pail." Pretty hypocritical if you ask me, but maybe I'm just another "over-educated, under-intelligent motherfucker."

So what he said to his grandson you find hypocritical but also pretty funny??

How ironic.
Posted By: FrankValenti

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

So what he said to his grandson you find hypocritical but also pretty funny??

How ironic.

Yeah. Gotti's a clown.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/09/18 11:18 PM

John Gotti's one of my least favorite all time mobsters, but as far as him ripping into the wannabe reality tv stars in his family? I'm on Team John all the way. I'll have my popcorn tonight hoping for at least one scene where he viciously berates and threatens Junior through the plexiglass and nearly makes him cry.
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 06:20 AM

The reason he said that because he was saying baseball players shoot steroids.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 02:27 PM

Bruce Cutler will be next to have his own reality show.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 03:37 PM

So i thought Part 1 was pretty good. Nothing new in terms of information. Of course there was embellishment. For example junior says his father just shot mcbratney which is false. Mcbratney dragged gotti and angelo down the bar and galione shot him(part of the reason gotti got a shorter sentence was because he was not the shooter). Also im disappointed in Angel Gotti who is usually more honest. She just retold her sisters fairytale of favara having loud drunk parties and insulting the gottis.
Posted By: Inmate

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 05:40 PM

I thought it was very good. There is also some truth to the story about Gotti himself shooting McBratney and not Gallione as stated in some books.
What was interesting was Bruce Meow talking about the fbi planting a bug in Angelo Ruggiero’s dining room opposed to the alledged wire tap on his daughters phone.
I also happen to like gotti jr for a few reasons. He knows why.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Inmate
I thought it was very good. There is also some truth to the story about Gotti himself shooting McBratney and not Gallione as stated in some books.
What was interesting was Bruce Meow talking about the fbi planting a bug in Angelo Ruggiero’s dining room opposed to the alledged wire tap on his daughters phone.
I also happen to like gotti jr for a few reasons. He knows why.

No Galione shot mcbratney

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 06:22 PM

Anyone believe Junior's theory as to why DeCicco was hit?
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
My father had 0.1% body fat in prison.

I doubt that.

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
The reason he said that because he was saying baseball players shoot steroids.

And he was right for once.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 06:29 PM

No

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by JCrusher

No

What's his interest in making it up? Why is he so insistent on not wanting people to believe that some wanted his father dead over the Castellano hit?

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 06:35 PM

No

What's his interest in making it up? Why is he so insistent on not wanting people to believe that some wanted his father dead over the Castellano hit?

Good Question. I guess just the thought of somebody killing his father is too much to admit....IMO its an ego thing. Truthfully after frankie was blown up and angelo screwed up killing casso Gotti tried desperately to make peace with Casso which showed me A. He was scared of gaspipe and B. He suspected the hit was meant for him

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 06:40 PM

I wonder if that camcorder footage shortly after that part was really of John trying to get away after the DiCicco hit. He looked genuinely scared there. Has that footage been around before?

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 06:44 PM

I wonder if that camcorder footage shortly after that part was really of John trying to get away after the DiCicco hit. He looked genuinely scared there. Has that footage been around before?

Great Point i thought the same thing last night. Im not sure if it was connected but you are right Gotti looked legit scared...i loved it lol
Posted By: The_Marble_Guy

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 07:40 PM

Nothing new. Although I didn't know Junior went to military school with Patriarca's grandson.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 08:58 PM

gotti was in queens when frank was blown up

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 08:59 PM

Crusher is correct.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 09:15 PM

I also find the story Peter Gotti about willie boy a little far fetched. In fact I remember that was a storyline in the sopranos where big pussy tells AJ he loves him or something and later breaks down crying because he was informing
Posted By: pmac

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 09:32 PM

i dvr last night giving it a watch now. jrs spinning the shit out of it. they couldnt tie my father to drugs but his little brother and best friend was. i could give 2shits but to act like john gotti was holy then thou and never touched drugs get the fuck out. ya he was the capo thats why he didnt touch the drugs but he knew. last thing at least theres no shit acting scenes its all stock footage or photos which is good. ya its jr sucking his dad off on a.e. but its ok get paid.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
i dvr last night giving it a watch now. jrs spinning the shit out of it. they couldnt tie my father to drugs but his little brother and best friend was. i could give 2shits but to act like john gotti was holy then thou and never touched drugs get the fuck out. ya he was the capo thats why he didnt touch the drugs but he knew. last thing at least theres no shit acting scenes its all stock footage or photos which is good. ya its jr sucking his dad off on a.e. but its ok get paid.

One thing is clear Gotti definetly knew about the drug dealing and profited from it which makes him responsible as the capo. Also they failed to mention that the main reason Angelo and gene had to resort to drug dealing was because Gotti pissed away the crews profits gambling

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 11:11 PM

i may have not understood the part where jrs talking about the mcbratney hit. he says his father shot him but every other book and interviews says it was the guy ralph g............... anyway they should have put mickey scars or somebody in it whys larry mazza the go to mob rat in it. he stinks wasnt even a made guy or a gambino associate i didnt know this was a 2 part doc or 4 hours. 3 and 4 are on tonight ill dvr it again. westworlds on thats must see tv. nerd alert.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 11:12 PM

this is the worst part of sports season nothing but baseball so slow

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/10/18 11:39 PM

i may have not understood the part where jrs talking about the mcbratney hit. he says his father shot him but every other book and interviews says it was the guy ralph g............... anyway they should have put mickey scars or somebody in it whys larry mazza the go to mob rat in it. he stinks wasnt even a made guy or a gambino associate i didnt know this was a 2 part doc or 4 hours. 3 and 4 are on tonight ill dvr it again. westworlds on thats must see tv. nerd alert.

yeah junior made up that story. Mcbratney actually dragged Gotti and Angelo across the bar and they were finally able to pin him so galione could shoot him

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 01:33 AM

Is the second part of the Gotti special on tonight?

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 01:43 AM

Is the second part of the Gotti special on tonight?

right now
Posted By: jace

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 02:46 AM

I have not seen it yet, but it sounds god from what I am reading on here. Angel Gotti's story of Favara and his loud parties soon after killing her brother were backed up by other residents of the neighborhood. The tapes of Gotti and his grandson were never supposed to be released, but the feds did it although it was illegal to do so. Typical of them. The reason he was angry about his grandson wanting to be a baseball player was not the sport itself, but the rampart steroid use in it, as was pointed out earlier.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by jace
I have not seen it yet, but it sounds god from what I am reading on here. Angel Gotti's story of Favara and his loud parties soon after killing her brother were backed up by other residents of the neighborhood. The tapes of Gotti and his grandson were never supposed to be released, but the feds did it although it was illegal to do so. Typical of them. The reason he was angry about his grandson wanting to be a baseball player was not the sport itself, but the rampart steroid use in it, as was pointed out earlier.

No it was never backed up by neighbors. Victoria Gotti was the one who said it and her track record is pretty sketchy when it comes to honesty. Im surprised Angel said that because she said something totally different in the last documentary. The truth was it was a tragic accident. The poor guy tried to apologize but was beat with a bat then eventually tortured and killed

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 03:00 AM

For posterity.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 03:00 AM

No it was never backed up by neighbors

They did interviews backing it up, you are just attacking any information on the show that you don't want out there. Get real. Unless you lived on that block in that time period you would have no way of contradicting what 2 family members have said on the show. Favara sounds like he was an obnoxious person. He should never have been killed, but let's stick to facts.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 03:02 AM

They did interviews backing it up, you are just attacking any information on the show that you don't want out there. Get real. Unless you lived on that block in that time period you would have no way of contradicting what 2 family members have said on the show. Favara sounds like he was an obnoxious person. He should never have been killed, but let's stick to facts.

Not really, i have read pretty much everything on that incident. You seem to get offended if god forbid anyone is critical of gotti

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 03:07 AM

[quote=jace]I have not seen it yet, but it sounds god from what I am reading on here. Angel Gotti's story of Favara and his loud parties soon after killing her brother were backed up by other residents of the neighborhood. The tapes of Gotti and his grandson were never supposed to be released, but the feds did it although it was illegal to do so. Typical of them. The reason he was angry about his grandson wanting to be a baseball player was not the sport itself, but the rampart steroid use in it, as was pointed out earlier.

Not really, i have read pretty much everything on that incident. You seem to get offended if god forbid anyone is critical of gotti

Your last sentence is totally untrue. I really post unless I see something I think is worth commenting on, and I just said favor should not have been killed. I also said to you and everyone on here that Gotti should not be admired. You on the other hand are reviewing this show the same way Kathy Griffin would review a documentary on Donald Trump.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 03:10 AM

[quote=jace]I have not seen it yet, but it sounds god from what I am reading on here. Angel Gotti's story of Favara and his loud parties soon after killing her brother were backed up by other residents of the neighborhood. The tapes of Gotti and his grandson were never supposed to be released, but the feds did it although it was illegal to do so. Typical of them. The reason he was angry about his grandson wanting to be a baseball player was not the sport itself, but the rampart steroid use in it, as was pointed out earlier.

Your last senate is totally untrue. I really post unless I see something I think is worth commenting on, and I just said favor should not have been killed. I also said to you and everyone on here that Gotti should not be admired. You on the other hand are reviewing this show the same way Kathy Griffin would review a documentary on Donald Trump.

i hate kathy griffin so thats not true. I dont claim to know everything about gotti but i know quite a bit over the years. Where is your proof that favara was a heartless individual? Most people agree it was just a tragic accident. Hell even Junior said he liked the favara family and it was just an accident
Posted By: Yonkers

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 03:15 AM

Gotti died 16 years ago today...

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Yonkers
Gotti died 16 years ago today...

yup i forgot the exact date until today...knew it was around mid june

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 05:47 AM

I'll tell you one thing, Junior was not cut out for the life. It's obvious. I think the true calling of these middle class sons of mobsters is assimilation into the mainstream. This is the most footage I've ever seen of John Jr. I'm almost done watching this thing and It's become obvious to me that he never really wanted to be a gangster, nor did he really know how. He loved his father so much that he just went through the act of becoming boss when he went away. He never knew what he was doing.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 11:07 AM

I'll tell you one thing, Junior was not cut out for the life. It's obvious. I think the true calling of these middle class sons of mobsters is assimilation into the mainstream. This is the most footage I've ever seen of John Jr. I'm almost done watching this thing and It's become obvious to me that he never really wanted to be a gangster, nor did he really know how. He loved his father so much that he just went through the act of becoming boss when he went away. He never knew what he was doing.

Right on ! and in this day and age the guys are much softer growing up with a silver spoon although the Persico men around same age can do their time .

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 11:20 AM

Favara was slowly tortured, killed, and his family left without a body to mourn.

He wasn't driving negligently; it was a tragic accident.

There are countless articles online that contradict what you're saying. Favara had no loud parties, he was apologetic to the Gotti family, he was going to leave the neighborhood after repeated threats, and verbal and physical harassment primarily from Victoria.

I've read a couple of articles stating that John Gotti didn't actually want Favara dead, but finally gave in due to his wife's bizarre method of mourning.

Finally, do you honestly think a middle aged family man who worked for a living (unlike the Gotti family) would have the tendency to be having parties? Or the balls? I mean his neighbors were mobsters. I doubt he was that stupid.

Even if neighbors were intimidated into falling in line with Victoria, and I can't find the evidence for that, the fear of reprisals is a strong thing.

There are lots of innocent people hurt or affected by mob violence who don't want to talk to cops out of fear.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 11:23 AM

Favara was slowly tortured, killed, and his family left without a body to mourn.

There are countless articles online that contradict what you're saying. Favara had no loud parties, he was apologetic to the Gotti family, he was going to leave the neighborhood after repeated threats, and verbal and physical harassment primarily from Victoria.

I've read a couple of articles stating that John Gotti didn't actually want Favara dead, but finally gave in due to his wife's bizarre method of mourning.

Finally, do you honestly think a middle aged family man who worked for a living (unlike the Gotti family) would have the tendency to be having parties? Or the balls? I mean his neighbors were mobsters. I doubt he was that stupid.

Even if neighbors were intimidated into falling in line with Victoria, and I can't find the evidence for that, the fear of reprisals is a strong thing.

There are lots of innocent people hurt or affected by mob violence who don't want to talk to cops out of fear.

Exactly. Plus even if he did have a "party" it was most likely for one of his kids birthdays or something like that. I very much doubt he was having drunken partida just to torture the gottis.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 11:42 AM

Whether or not Jr was mean for that life remains to be seen. Just like Phil Leonetti wasnt meant for that life or countless others. Gotti Jr did 6 years in prison and then endured months in solitary unlike the solitary in Marion where you can leave your cell an hour a day, he was locked down 24/7 with absolutely no day light. He also kept getting hit with trial after trial.
Whatever we said about Gotti jr then is irrelevent, he carries himself very well and comes across as a man. Unlike that punk John Alite.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 11:53 AM

Whether or not Jr was mean for that life remains to be seen. Just like Phil Leonetti wasnt meant for that life or countless others. Gotti Jr did 6 years in prison and then endured months in solitary unlike the solitary in Marion where you can leave your cell an hour a day, he was locked down 24/7 with absolutely no day light. He also kept getting hit with trial after trial.
Whatever we said about Gotti jr then is irrelevent, he carries himself very well and comes across as a man. Unlike that punk John Alite.

to be fair in his own words maybe that was the punishment he deserved. Reluctant or not he still got involved in that life and committed crimes and murders so he got off fairly easier than he probably deserved. Im glad he went straight a long time ago but i dont feel bad about what he went through

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 12:07 PM

I do feel bad for him Jcrusher. When i see him, i see a good person who was brought into a life he was not made for.
That could of been anyone of us. That guy went through hell and as patriotic as i am, i was almost embarassed to be an american when the government did what they did to him.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 12:11 PM

I do feel bad for him Jcrusher. When i see him, i see a good person who was brought into a life he was not made for.
That could of been anyone of us. That guy went through hell and as patriotic as i am, i was almost embarassed to be an american when the government did what they did to him.

Come on dude you act like he is some military hero who was shafted by the government.....instead of a mobster. Yes its good that he realized the mob life was bad for his family BUT that doesnt change the bad things he did

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 03:08 PM

I never knew it was a Latino in the feds who started a hunger strike to get John Sr. to a real hospital.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 03:12 PM

Nah, Rooster...er, Inmate. It's like they say in Gangs of New York...it all starts in the streets. The middle class is not the streets. Howard Beach might have had a rough, blue collar edge to it in the 70s and 80s, but it's not the streets. It's a middle class neighborhood. Junior is a frat boy whose daddy was a mobster. That's it. That's evident when you listen to him talk long enough.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 03:51 PM

I thought Gotti Jr. , came off very good in the show. Especially when he was talking about wanting his own prison stories like his dad. And he gets to prison a sees how it really is. It sucks.
Posted By: Gallinari

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 04:36 PM

Long Live The Rooster.

@ SC, disappointed in you that you had to stoop to name calling. But youre the boss. Feel bad for you too now.

@ Loscalzo, your nonsense about Tampa still holds no weight and Ive been vindicated many times over.

All the best to Nickle, Bensonhurst, Cabrini, and Giacomo. Keep up the good posts in my absence

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 06:14 PM

The negative stories about Gotti Jr. are legion. The details are escaping me ATM, I'll look into it later, but didn't he have a civilian murdered in the 80's?

There are loads of stories about him and his friends ganging on civilians, too; harassing women.

Don't feel too bad for the half dozen years he did in prison, either.

The fact he lives in a mansion despite not working an honest day in the life and gets to portray himself as an intellectual on TV despite being close to retarded more than makes up for it.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 06:23 PM

The negative stories about Gotti Jr. are legion. The details are escaping me ATM, I'll look into it later, but didn't he have a civilian murdered in the 80's?

There are loads of stories about him and his friends ganging on civilians, too; harassing women.

Don't feel too bad for the half dozen years he did in prison, either.

The fact he lives in a mansion despite not working an honest day in the life and gets to portray himself as an intellectual on TV despite being close to retarded more than makes up for it.

True. Junior definetly wasn’t a good kid. Notice how he ducked the silver fox incident. I’m surprised he admitted that he assaulted someone who was just asking to buy him a a drink. However I still believed he was more involved in Daniel Silva’s death and than he admitted. Also he had some involvement in Curtis sliwas shooting(I mean his boys committed that crime lol). That’s why I don’t feel bad for him having to go to trial. I mean he was the boss who committed crimes so that’s part of the game. Yes it’s still good that he voluntarily wanted to leave the life but I don’t feel bad for him
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 06:30 PM

The part I found interesting (couldn't catch the whole thing) was when he talked about his making ceremony. I was surprised he talked about it. He didn't come out and say in plain English he was made, but you knew what he was talking about.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave
The part I found interesting (couldn't catch the whole thing) was when he talked about his making ceremony. I was surprised he talked about it. He didn't come out and say in plain English he was made, but you knew what he was talking about.

Yeah. If you watch his interview from 2010 he is even more careful. He only says he was a street guy. He was a bit open now after about 9 years
Posted By: JoeBuster

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 07:01 PM

The McBratney hit was something out of the "Gang that couldn't shoot straight" How about one guy goes in, confirms the target and ensures there is no back exit out of the bar, and then they all patiently wait for him outside, do the deed and flee. It's not something I would be bragging about. Like all stories told by mobster's children the events seem to take on a life of their own. In ten years McBratney will be ten feet tall and breathing fire when our hero dispatched him to save the city from Godzilla.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by JoeBuster
The McBratney hit was something out of the "Gang that couldn't shoot straight" How about one guy goes in, confirms the target and ensures there is no back exit out of the bar, and then they all patiently wait for him outside, do the deed and flee. It's not something I would be bragging about. Like all stories told by mobster's children the events seem to take on a life of their own. In ten years McBratney will be ten feet tall and breathing fire when our hero dispatched him to save the city from Godzilla.

Yeah lol. I laughed when junior was trying to make his father look like the smart crafty one. In reality Gotti was the one who tried to act like a cop and mcbratney laughed in his face. Also he dragged him him and Angelo all over that bar
Posted By: Yonkers

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 09:53 PM

I agree. He looked lost in the old video footage of him crossing the street waving to the car for letting him cross.
Posted By: ChrisMcCarthy

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 11:33 PM

I noticed some of what was discussed in the new Gotti documentary involved the New England Mafia family. I wrote a piece about it today and I think you will find the documentation and the storyline interesting.

http://wbsm.com/opinion-chris-mccarthy-john-gotti-and-the-new-england-mafia/

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/11/18 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisMcCarthy
I noticed some of what was discussed in the new Gotti documentary involved the New England Mafia family. I wrote a piece about it today and I think you will find the documentation and the storyline interesting.

Yeah Junior mentioned that Raymond Patriarca would visit his grandson at the San military school junior was in and him and Gotti would apparently have meetings there
Posted By: ChrisMcCarthy

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/12/18 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisMcCarthy

Yeah Junior mentioned that Raymond Patriarca would visit his grandson at the San military school junior was in and him and Gotti would apparently have meetings there

JCrusher- The information the government used to knock out Cutler as Gotti's attorney was a tape from the Ravenite about communicating with Patriarca in the 1990's - I have the specifics in my piece I linked up on here. Also one of the killers of Favara was a Rhode Island mobster.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/12/18 02:32 AM

Wrong, wrong, and more wrong. You just weighed in for the sake of it. No one knows for certain if Favara was tortured. The countless articles all come from one source, and what makes you say that people his age wouldn't have loud parties?

As for the neighbors being intimidated into falling in line, you have nothing but your imagination to back up that, along with most. anything else that you put up on here. Favara was loud, obnoxious, and disrespectful. If he had acted the way a person should act after such a tragedy he would still be alive.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/12/18 02:36 AM

For over 30 years stories have been written about the Gottis by people in LE. All the stories and documentaries and books have been slanted heavily against the Gottis. Now Gotti tells his side and the JCrushers and Moe Tildens of the world are in a tizzy, trying to get anyone they can to ignore what is said. Let's wait till the series runs it's course then judge it.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/12/18 02:41 AM

For over 30 years stories have been written about the Gottis by people in LE. All the stories and documentaries and books have been slanted heavily against the Gottis. Now Gotti tells his side and the JCrushers and Moe Tildens of the world are in a tizzy, trying to get anyone they can to ignore what is said. Let's wait till the series runs it's course then judge it.

Actually ive been pretty fair when it comes to Gotti. Secondly the series is over...it ended last night. Thirdly if you dont like me or what i write on this board then dont respond. I mean others have backed up what ive said about gotti and others over the years so i guess i must know a little bit. Obviously you dont like me for whatever reason so lets just agree to disagree and ignore eachother...fair enough?
Posted By: Newengland

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/12/18 02:42 AM

Hi,

He tells a lot of fibs. First the old man never went to the school nyma that what it is called. The dad was a skipper then. John jr was a lot older than Raymond’s son. One kid fell out of a window & died so I know first hand what I am talking about. Greg rider was also at the school he was killed years later. Any of you writers out there do not know what you may think. John sr would come to RI and meet with guys at place for ribs when he was a skipper. That is all I will say for now.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/12/18 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Newengland
Hi,

He tells a lot of fibs. First the old man never went to the school nyma that what it is called. The dad was a skipper then. John jr was a lot older than Raymond’s son. One kid fell out of a window & died so I know first hand what I am talking about. Greg rider was also at the school he was killed years later. Any of you writers out there do not know what you may think. John sr would come to RI and meet with guys at place for ribs when he was a skipper. That is all I will say for now.

Yeah i didnt believe it. Thanks for the info
Posted By: Gopher

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/12/18 02:11 PM

Long Live The Rooster.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/13/18 08:32 AM

they used my Gambino chart i made around 2010, they have edited the background a bit. The producers asked for my permission to use it, i accepted it smile

Attached picture my chart 1small.jpg
Posted By: sbhc

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/13/18 02:59 PM

Remember when one of the grandkids is getting called a N1gger in school. Victoria's boys have that real dark swarthy southern Italian gene.

John takes unbelievable offence to the suggestion and goes off on a racist tirade. He then threatens to cut the bullies tongue out and dump him in a barrel.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/13/18 04:35 PM

Jace

No disrespect, but I think I'll take what the Feds say, and what neighbors who weren't mobbed up say, over you. You come across like you have an agenda.

Just to make it clear, even if Favara did have loud parties, unlikely as neighbors said he was an introverted person, that doesn't give the right for criminals to sadistically torture him like animals.

I've had bad things done to me in my life. I won't stab or shoot anyone over it, though.

Behaving rationally is what separates us from animals.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/13/18 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mukremin
they used my Gambino chart i made around 2010, they have edited the background a bit. The producers asked for my permission to use it, i accepted it smile

Nice ! Hope you got a check with that at a boy !
Posted By: Slimshady

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/13/18 06:58 PM

Must’ve been awkward if one of the guys on the chart was watching the show lol

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/13/18 08:36 PM

Jace

No disrespect, but I think I'll take what the Feds say, and what neighbors who weren't mobbed up say, over you. You come across like you have an agenda.

Just to make it clear, even if Favara did have loud parties, unlikely as neighbors said he was an introverted person, that doesn't give the right for criminals to sadistically torture him like animals.

I've had bad things done to me in my life. I won't stab or shoot anyone over it, though.

Great Post. I also wasn't trying to downgrade Jace's opinion at all. Im not gonna pretend I knew John Favara but from all I have read or heard he seemed like a regular decent man who was caught up in a very tragic accident against the wrong son. The ONLY people I have ever heard say anything bad about him so far is Victoria gotti sr, victoria gotti the daughter, and now Angel Gotti. Lets be honest the Gotti's don't exactly have a great track record of telling the truth. HOWEVER in this documentary Junior actually stated that he really liked the favara family and grew up hanging out with his son. Im not a fan of Junior at all but he has told the most truth over the years. I'll try to find it but there was a interview with Scott Favara(John Favara's son) and he talked about how sad it was that he didn't even have a gravestone to visit. He wasn't happy that Vicki Gotti smeared his father's name by basically calling him a monster. he also talks about how his mother really fell into poor health when her disappeared off the face of the earth. Supposedly Victoria Gotti harassed her at a supermarket in January 1981 after herhusband was already gone. They moved after that but still received death threats and even excretement on one occasion. Scott went on to be a cop.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/13/18 11:22 PM

Even if they didn't go out of the way to torture Favara, he was dragged into a van by a bunch of gangsters. He knew his life was over at the point when they grabbed him, that is pretty much torture, IMHO. Especially considering he was a legit person, not a street guy.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/13/18 11:34 PM

Even if they didn't go out of the way to torture Favara, he was dragged into a van by a bunch of gangsters. He knew his life was over at the point when they grabbed him, that is pretty much torture, IMHO. Especially considering he was a legit person, not a street guy.

witnesses say he begged too and called out to his Family. For years i thought willie boy angelo ruggiero and tony rampino abducted favara but somebody posted evidence that may be traced to rhode island did it as a favor to gotti

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 12:41 AM

witnesses say he begged too and called out to his Family. For years i thought willie boy angelo ruggiero and tony rampino abducted favara but somebody posted evidence that may be traced to rhode island did it as a favor to gotti

B.S. on witnesses and that version. What witness?

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 12:42 AM

Jace

Of all the people on all the forums on the internet, you are the last one who should be saying anyone has an agenda.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Serpiente

Nice ! Hope you got a check with that at a boy !

of course tongue

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 10:40 AM

just noticed my name is on the credits smile

Attached picture name.jpg

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 02:10 PM

Damn it- don’t have A&E channel over

Hit me a link if anyone comes across one- thanks

Ps

Just watched that clip ‘where’s your dignity, where’s your manhood’. Jr is definitely not of the old school like his father, uncles
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 02:38 PM

that really is pretty cool tho. good work

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sal_Bronte

yeah love it smile thanks man

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tonytough

Ps

Just watched that clip ‘where’s your dignity, where’s your manhood’. Jr is definitely not of the old school like his father, uncles

Credit goes to Richard_Belding over at the blackhand forum for finding this link. All credit goes to him. I'm just passing it along.

https://www1.1movies.se/series/gotti-godfather-and-son-season-1/113297/135194-watch-online-free.html

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 03:09 PM

Wish I could've heard the conversation between Peter Gotti and John Jr. in that clip of them outside talking. Peter looked pissed off at Jr. and when Jr. is walking away he looks like his tail is between his legs.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 03:20 PM

Wish I could've heard the conversation between Peter Gotti and John Jr. in that clip of that outside talking. Peter looked pissed off at Jr. and when Jr. is walking away he looks like his tail is between his legs.

Peter Gotti wasnt exactly the most respected Gotti Who knows what junior was thinking at that moment
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 11:01 PM

Yeh Angel strikes me as someone who doesn’t try to twist the truth.

Angel seems like a likable girl but I don't believe for a second that the Favaro neighbor told Vicky Gotti ''wtf was he doing in the street to being with''

I think that was bs to make him seem like a less sympathetic victim !!

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 11:02 PM

Bruce Cutler will be next to have his own reality show.

He looked terrible !!

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 11:06 PM

One thing is clear Gotti definetly knew about the drug dealing and profited from it which makes him responsible as the capo. Also they failed to mention that the main reason Angelo and gene had to resort to drug dealing was because Gotti pissed away the crews profits gambling

There's no question Gotti knew they were dealing...In a normal interview, after junior said his father hated drugs and had nothing to do with it, the interviewer should have asked why Gotti didn't know anything about all the people around him dealing, and why he never did anything against them after he found out !!

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 11:14 PM

If I remember right it was Capeci who wrote that he was yelling, "Please no! I have a wife and kids" or words to that effect.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/14/18 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by DiLorenzo

There's no question Gotti knew they were dealing...In a normal interview, after junior said his father hated drugs and had nothing to do with it, the interviewer should have asked why Gotti didn't know anything about all the people around him dealing, and why he never did anything against them after he found out !!

Very Good Point. Obviously the Gottis will always try to make their father look somewhat "noble" even though he wasn't at all. As for the drug dealing he obviously knew. Sal Ruggiero(Angelo's brother) was a well known drug dealer making a ton of money, plus Gotti top 2 soldiers in Angelo and gene were heavily involved. In fact like ive mentioned in the past a big reason why they really got into the drug business was because Gotti was a degenerate gamnler who pissed away a lot of their profits. Im not saying that was the main reason but both angelo and Gene mentioned it in wiretaps

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 01:25 AM

"without rats without pleas, these jails would be empty" lol got a point. the second part is much better. yes its 1 sided jr spin on the history but its pretty good. i'll give my final review in a few. i just want to see the whole video between sr and jr. john sr was a fucking pshyco path dad gangster super mobster. hes nuts. all that he looks so cutt up he looks like every other guy at 60 with cancer i see this kid i know 25 looks like gotti in the video now thats sad.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 01:31 AM

jr you went there to tell your dad your pleading guilty he just tried to switch it and say i told jerry shargel where going to trial stop it. also looks like a short chubby henry rollins

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 01:58 AM

steve crea must be pissed his lawyer who he must have gave atleast 200k as a retainer is on this jr gotti doc. flipside i read crea and his kid will get off on the meldish murder and they all might.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 02:06 AM

not bad a b-. gotti jr sounds like a liar alot and baby but it was produce good. it really blows my mind how vindicitve the gov was to keep going after the guy with all those rico trials and gooing to florida that shit is nuts millions of dollars for a washed up gangsters son. they knew atleast by 2005 he was done or the gambino family said ya on the self gottis

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 02:09 AM

and to see how fucking crazy rudy giuliani is today in 2018 with his mistresses and what a tight ass he was back in the 1980s crazy

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 02:09 AM

john alite maybe one of the worst witnesses ever. final

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 02:14 AM

this is cold but....... angel gotti looks like mason verger from the hannibal movie netflix lol. moe put as pic of it up sside by side

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 02:33 AM

last last the fucking catholic church to deny any body a catholic mass after all the fucking kids they raped. shame shame shame GOT reference
Posted By: Japseye1

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 06:00 AM

john alite maybe one of the worst witnesses ever. final

I spoke to him once. He is full of shit and couldn't speak about anything but Gotti Jr being a rat , showing me newspaper clips etc
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 06:05 PM

Plain fact is..If John Sr. was still alive and on the Street, Jr. would be right by his side. Jr. had seen the writing on the wall after his Father's passing. He wouldn't of lasted too long and i'm not talking about jail time.. He was only accepted into the Mob because of his Father's position..It was a wise choice.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 09:08 PM

Jace

Of all the people on all the forums on the internet, you are the last one who should be saying anyone has an agenda.

What agenda? That the mafia shouldn't be allowed kill innocent, law-abiding people willy-nilly?
Posted By: TonyG

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 09:16 PM

Gotti Sr. absolutely knew about the drugs. How his kids can believe that he had no involvement is beyond me. They lose credibility on that issue.

Jr.'s comments on the DeCicco hit and his theory do not line up with what we know now. When Casso flipped to the Feds, Casso acknowledged ordering the hit, in concert with Chin Gigante, as retribution for Big Paul and for the failed hit on Casso. Casso and Chin knew Frankie was part of the Fist that took out Big Paul, and he was going to pay for it. They chose a bomb to make Gotti and the Gambino's think it was the Sicilian zips that did it since bombs were their signature. I think Al D'Arco confirmed these facts.

All the evidence points to Favarra being sorry and respectful. He was trying to leave the area because he knew his life was in danger. The Feds warned him and he didn't leave in time. In an earlier interview, Jr said about Favara, "my Dad probably had some involvement in it. If you hurt him, he was going to hurt you back". Favara knew who Gotti was, and was not going to poke that tiger in the eye.

The funny thing about Sr telling his grandkids to stay away from baseball because of the steroids is....that Jr was a steroid junkie.

One thing I believe about Jr was leaving the life. The government pursued him for his past crimes with weak evidence. Alite was a joke. His last name most def drove the government to go at him for as long as they did. Jr. was lucky to serve with what he got. He acknowledged that on the show, and that "the life" is shit.

Lastly, Jr is smarter than his old man. He took a plea, and walked away.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by TonyG
Gotti Sr. absolutely knew about the drugs. How his kids can believe that he had no involvement is beyond me. They lose credibility on that issue.

Jr.'s comments on the DeCicco hit and his theory do not line up with what we know now. When Casso flipped to the Feds, Casso acknowledged ordering the hit, in concert with Chin Gigante, as retribution for Big Paul and for the failed hit on Casso. Casso and Chin knew Frankie was part of the Fist that took out Big Paul, and he was going to pay for it. They chose a bomb to make Gotti and the Gambino's think it was the Sicilian zips that did it since bombs were their signature. I think Al D'Arco confirmed these facts.

All the evidence points to Favarra being sorry and respectful. He was trying to leave the area because he knew his life was in danger. The Feds warned him and he didn't leave in time. In an earlier interview, Jr said about Favara, "my Dad probably had some involvement in it. If you hurt him, he was going to hurt you back". Favara knew who Gotti was, and was not going to poke that tiger in the eye.

The funny thing about Sr telling his grandkids to stay away from baseball because of the steroids is....that Jr was a steroid junkie.

One thing I believe about Jr was leaving the life. The government pursued him for his past crimes with weak evidence. Alite was a joke. His last name most def drove the government to go at him for as long as they did. Jr. was lucky to serve with what he got. He acknowledged that on the show, and that "the life" is shit.

Lastly, Jr is smarter than his old man. He took a plea, and walked away.

This
Posted By: sittite

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 11:08 PM

Plea deals are for suckers..... just ask Gene Gotti.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 11:08 PM

gotti has a 0 on rotten tomatoes
Posted By: sittite

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 11:25 PM

That movie has to suck-you see how on the documentary junior says his father woke him up in the AM asking about the bar fight/stabbing in his robe telling Vicki his wife to shut her mouth but in the movie preview I saw they play the scene out at night and it Angelo Ruggiero that Gotti tells the keep it shut.....can't show the guy yelling at his wife. The movie poster says he's a god.....guy had balls I'll give u that but there's empty soda cans that stayed on the street longer than he did. Ps-I liked the HBO version...Assante killed it.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/15/18 11:32 PM

Do they show how he was a deadbeat husband who couldn't provide for his family for large portions of his life? You know how his wife repeatedly complained to the relevant authorities that he wasn't supporting the family adequately? How he hustled his wife and newborn out of the hospital and skipped the bill?

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/16/18 08:10 AM

Ps

Credit goes to Richard_Belding over at the blackhand forum for finding this link. All credit goes to him. I'm just passing it along.

https://www1.1movies.se/series/gotti-godfather-and-son-season-1/113297/135194-watch-online-free.html

Ps

Thank u very MUCH for the link!! It works

Took a few tries and initially I was about to give up. Thanks I appreciate it, was wanting to watch for a while

And wow, Angel looks very different. Abit like Mickey rourke. Surgery gone wrong? She was attractive in the last Gotti doc. I know Vicky has had work done on her face
Posted By: Japseye1

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/16/18 08:18 PM

Muk you could probably make somewhat of a living or money on the side by helping out documentaries etc

nice tho. Lucky bastard lol

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/16/18 08:41 PM

Is that show over or is it several parts ?
Posted By: Goldy

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/16/18 08:49 PM

It's over, it was a two night thing. I think it was 4 parts total, they had two episodes back to back each night.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/16/18 11:12 PM

I have to say I enjoyed it. I knew going in that it was going to be all from the Gotti's perspective and would make Senior look better than he really was, so I appreciated it when they were quite candid about a lot of things. While there were some parts I know were wrong or lies, overall there was still plenty of interesting information, stories, photos and clips to make up for it. The highlight was the footage of Junior telling Senior he wanted to take a plea.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/16/18 11:48 PM

Thanks

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/17/18 02:46 AM

Jace

What agenda? That the mafia shouldn't be allowed kill innocent, law-abiding people willy-nilly?

What agenda?? Well, you attack anything said on the story that shows Gotti in anything resembling. positive light, as you do on every topic about t the mob. You want Joey Merlino in prison because his smile angers you for some reason (Maybe you're toothless.) Every time an alleged mob figure's death is announced, you make stupid and tasteless remarks about them.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/17/18 05:48 AM

I finally had time and watched it from the beginning to the end of the first half, and had some thoughts.

Bruce Cutler was getting into something regarding the Castelllano hit but was cut off mid sentence in the editing. I would like to have heard more from him.

I like TJ English, but some of the things he said were off the wall insane. "The Gambino Family had 2,500 members". and "The Mafia was involved in America from it's beginning"

After Gotti was acquitted in one trail, they show the fireworks show he put on every year. However they made it look as if the fireworks were put on by his friends and the neighborhood for his acquittal, which is very deceptive.

Reporter and writer Murray Weiss came off well.

I would like to have heard more transcripts.

Finally, the Five Family charts of retired detective Remo Franceschini were shown often, but I think another person who found them on the internet and put them up on a site was given credit for them.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/17/18 07:29 AM

Jace

What agenda?? Well, you attack anything said on the story that shows Gotti in anything resembling. positive light, as you do on every topic about t the mob. You want Joey Merlino in prison because his smile angers you for some reason (Maybe you're toothless.) Every time an alleged mob figure's death is announced, you make stupid and tasteless remarks about them.

When have I ever said anything about Joey Merlino's smile?!

And I'm sorry for my insensitive comments about serial killers and criminals.

How thoughtless of me.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/17/18 07:30 AM

Gotti putting on fireworks, never out of his own pocket, was never done for altruistic reasons.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/17/18 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Japseye1

Muk you could probably make somewhat of a living or money on the side by helping out documentaries etc

nice tho. Lucky bastard lol

Haha i wish, would be nice to earn good money with it smile
Lucky me grin

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/17/18 03:24 PM

Gotti putting on fireworks, never out of his own pocket, was never done for altruistic reasons.

There you go again. Not a clue, but throwing your feelings on Gotti into things, and trying desperetly to push your agenda.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/17/18 05:10 PM

Overall i thought it was a good doc. Although there wasnt anything really new except for the 1999 ,metting between father and son which ive only seen small samples of before . I liked how they focused on people who were important in gottis criminal career like fatico,neil,willie boy. Im surprised they didnt talk more about angelo and the falling out between him and gotti. Of course there were the usual lies like how the mcbratney hit went and angel retelling victorias fairytale about favara. But overall i liked the second half better because we got more info on junior that we didnt know during his reign as boss

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/17/18 10:33 PM

agree jcrush. he should have shopped it to netflix made it maybe a 8part go in depth. they jumped all over the place and esp..... jr 3 or 4 mistrials. they didnt go into any of the witnesses and defense or why the gov wasted so mch time n money on jr. i'd watch the whole 99 interview between father n son. gotti sr is must see tv hes fucking nuts, hope that gets put up on youtube but i have a feeling jr has the only copy and theres probaly alot of imbarishing shit on it. parts where sr just chews him out but says do what you got to do at the end. he was rite to he said just cause you plead guilty theyll still keep going after you he was so rite.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/17/18 10:34 PM

wow alot of hecklers at the us open today love it

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT - 06/19/18 09:08 PM

Finally, Gotti’s shabby aesthetic and narrative shortcomings are outweighed by its more drastically questionable moral ones. Connolly’s film may be the first mainstream mafia biopic to overtly take the underworld’s side in its rise-and-fall story: a sympathetic stance was to be expected given that it’s adapted from Gotti Jr’s own self-published memoir, but it’s still somewhat startling to see the film-makers fully buying their subject’s account of events, from its portrayal of Gotti as a doting family man, the bulk of whose criminal acts are kept off-screen, to its chastisement of the government for alleged ill-treatment of the Gottis during their respective trials, to an inadvertently hilarious closing montage of real-life supporters singing the Don’s praises (“Everybody knows he was a good man”). And that’s before our man Pitbull conclusively raps his praises as the credits roll: “Dapper Don / I called him Dad / Giant in my eyes / Legend of a man”. If a certain other contentiously powerful New Yorker is commissioning a biopic any time soon, he might want to check this out – Travolta as Trump, anyone?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/15/gotti-john-travolta-eight-most-criminally-awful-things

Likewise, one of the most interesting, and perhaps telling, episodes of the John Gotti saga was the time his neighbor, John Favara, hit Gotti’s son Frank with his car and killed the boy. The death was ruled accidental and Favara tried to apologize but was allegedly threatened, beaten, kidnapped, and disappeared. According to some, he was dissolved in acid. Even the guy who witnessed Favara’s kidnapping had to sell his diner and skip town. The incident says a lot about what it must’ve been like to live near a guy like John Gotti — imagine being anyone who had to bring him bad news — but in the film, the entire story is relayed via an old news report, the ultimate example of telling rather than showing. We don’t get to see any of it, but we do get an inexplicable scene of Victoria Gotti breaking furniture in a room off-screen, and another of John Gotti crying to an associate “He was 12 yeahs old! He didn’t even have hair on his prick!”

One of Gotti‘s few recognizable through lines is that John Gotti Jr. (played by Spencer Lofranco) is actually a great guy, which is probably not surprising for a film whose production began with the purchase of Gotti Jr’s life rights. A biopic told from the clearly biased perspective of whichever surviving real-life figure participated in it is nothing new (Straight Outta Compton and All Eyez On Me also come to mind) but the phenomenon reaches new heights of transparency in Gotti. The movie, which had previously been about John Gotti Sr. (ostensibly) in the last 10 minutes turns into the saga of John Jr’s unfair treatment at the hands of the US justice system. “The government were the real gangsters,” Victoria Gotti says, exegetically.

It’s one of Gotti‘s many emblematic lines, describing something we never actually saw happen and delivering a statement that doesn’t actually mean anything but sounds vaguely profound to a dumb person. He showed the world who’s boss!

https://uproxx.com/movies/gotti-review-john-travolta/2/
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET