Home

weaponry

Posted By: kickup

weaponry - 06/05/18 03:44 PM

what do ya think which caliber / gun is the mob most fond of?
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: weaponry - 06/05/18 05:02 PM

It's as cold as they come. Impossible to trace. You don't have to worry about prints if you put a special tape on the trigger and the butt. Leave it noisy to scare the pain in the ass innocent bystanders away.

In all seriousness they seem to use a 22 caliber a lot. Bullet bounces around in the brain...almost always fatal.

The old sicilians used to be fond of the rope.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: weaponry - 06/05/18 06:12 PM

The use of large caliber guns seem to be rare. I was shocked when I read Ralph Doles, the cop Joel Cacace ordered killed, was hit with a 44 by Dino Calabro, and his cousin, the other shooter was shooting a 45. Most times they seem to use 22's, 38's, and even 380's. There have been quite a few hits that were botched because of faulty weapons. The sister of Pete Chiodo survived because the silencer on the gun disintegrated when fired. I think a lot of times they don't test the guns out before doing the "work."
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: weaponry - 06/06/18 04:43 PM

I haven't recently asked any mobsters to show me what they were carrying. wink But, from what I've seen and read about, looks like 9mm wins. A compact or subcompact 9mm can be pretty small but can pack a lot of rounds in the magazine. Round is more lethal than a .380. .22 is still a good close-up assassination weapon.
Posted By: mbo

Re: weaponry - 06/06/18 06:28 PM

well im pretty certain that .38 special has killed the most mobsters, seeing as how killings were more widespread before the semi auto became really popular. also that .22 bouncing around the brain stuff is really just a myth.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: weaponry - 06/09/18 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
. .22 is still a good close-up assassination weapon.

Sam Giancana was killed with a .22. A lot of other guys as well. Makes sense to me, not a lot of noise, and I would think any size bullet that hits the brain is enough to kill.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: weaponry - 06/09/18 11:34 PM

The other day a Calabrian boss was killed with an AK47.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET