Home

John Dillinger's involvement with the Mafia

Posted By: FireHawk

John Dillinger's involvement with the Mafia - 05/17/18 03:17 AM

did he have any, or organized crime in general,

did he ever involve himself with Capone or did he do his own thing?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: John Dillinger's involvement with the Mafia - 05/17/18 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by FireHawk
did he have any, or organized crime in general,

did he ever involve himself with Capone or did he do his own thing?

Dillinger was only a bank robber,nothing more and the fact that he went on the lam in Chicago means only that Dillinger understood that was more easy to hide in a big city like city Chicago that in a small city,and I think that the Outfit don't wanted or help Dillinger because this would increase police attention.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: John Dillinger's involvement with the Mafia - 05/17/18 08:58 PM

Dillinger was from out in the country where there was probably not much Mob influence to speak of. If he had been from an Italian neighborhood of a big city he would probably have been kicking up to someone in the mob. But where he was from, it's not likely he had connections.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: John Dillinger's involvement with the Mafia - 05/18/18 06:08 PM

From what I read, he paid the Outfit for protection when he was hiding out in Chicago at whorehouses and what not..
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: John Dillinger's involvement with the Mafia - 05/18/18 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by BillyBrizzi
From what I read, he paid the Outfit for protection when he was hiding out in Chicago at whorehouses and what not..

He probably did.
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: John Dillinger's involvement with the Mafia - 08/11/19 10:04 AM

America’s fascination with the Gangster era: From John Dillinger and Machine Gun Kelly to their pretty molls http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...h-the-gangster-era-from-john-dillinger-a
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: John Dillinger's involvement with the Mafia - 08/11/19 11:51 AM

He paid the Chicago outfit money for protection while in Chicago. His connections to OC was through Charles Makley, who had made connections in Detroit, Chicago, Kansas City, and Cleveland families. Russell Clark another member of Dillinger gang was friends with Frank Nitti and is said to work for Chicago in 1925 and 1926, had connections with Detroit and Cleveland families. It was still a small country back then so underworld members would rub shoulders or knew about some of their fellow criminals in their cities, counties, and other parts of the country. Eddie Green another member of Dillinger gang and friend of Babyface Nelson, before joining the gang, was involved with Milwaukee before being chased out.
Posted By: JimmyIrons

Re: John Dillinger's involvement with the Mafia - 08/17/19 08:20 AM

The body they showed looks nothing like the photos I’ve seen of him.. In not a big conspiracy theory guy but this one I think could end up true.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET