Home

mixing\merging families

Posted By: MeyerLansky

mixing\merging families - 03/15/18 11:14 AM

i wonder if there was a thought of mix 2 or even 3 families together ( yeah i know the lucchese and colombo families wanted to merged with the bonannos after massino flipped)
but i am talking about last 10 years or maybe the future, do you think that families will consider merging with another family ?
i wonder if it ever was disscused it the modern days not 60s
families like colombo and jersey could really benefit from it
not to talk about gambino and genovese those are the big and strong one, it's scary to think about it haha
i know it probably sound childish but it's actually a good idea imo
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/15/18 01:00 PM

I know that after third colombo war,the Lucchese and bonanno thinked to divided the family between them.
And that the decavalcantes was almost a defacto gambinos crew.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/15/18 01:03 PM

i wonder if something like that will happen in the future
if it ever even discussed in the last years
Posted By: NickyfromTampa

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 10:17 AM

Sometime in the mid-to-late 1990s, the Trafficante crime family's operations were absorbed by the Gambinos. In Miami, however, the family remained independent, until the turn of the millennium when powerful capo Steve Raffa was arrested and subsequently hung himself, then his number-two man John Mamone flipped, and another guy flipped (his name alludes me). After that whole fiasco, the Miami operations were taken over by an Irishman.
In Tampa, by the late 90s sources on both sides of the law said that the family was basically a Gambino operation. Vincent Loscalzo, the family's last boss, most likely went legit by 2007, although he was investigated for loansharking around that time.
Posted By: The_Rooster

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 10:40 AM

What was Localzo a boss of in 2006?
Posted By: Neo

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 10:41 AM

Already happened. The remnants of the San Francisco family (something like 5 members) merged with the Los Angeles Family and the remnants of the Los Angeles Family (something like 10 members) merged with the Gambino family.
Posted By: SimonChen

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Neo
Already happened. The remnants of the San Francisco family (something like 5 members) merged with the Los Angeles Family and the remnants of the Los Angeles Family (something like 10 members) merged with the Gambino family.

Merged with Gambinos? So they are on west coast now?
Posted By: Aces

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 12:56 PM

Im not so sure that actually holds true today..

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by SimonChen
Originally Posted by Neo

i think that sal gambino son is the boss there
his name is tommy, but i'm not too sure about it..
but if they really merged with the gambinos then he have to be capo..

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 01:29 PM

aces what do you mean ?

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 01:46 PM

From what i know, the gambino’s dont currently have any active crews on the west coast. You may have a made guy living out there who is inactive.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 01:59 PM

so your saying that the LA family are defunct ?

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 02:30 PM

Yes, thats what i have been told numerous times.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 02:51 PM

And did the opposite happened in the past? Any splits within a family?
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 03:14 PM

It's been well over 20 years since I've heard anyone in northern California's poker circles mention an Italian name.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hollander

Rochester splitted from Buffalo,the rizzutos from the bonannos.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by The_Rooster
What was Localzo a boss of in 2006?

He was the boss of the Tampa/Trafficante crime family. Here's a good article on the so-called "Kingpin of No Kingdom:"
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/25/Hillsborough/Kingpin_of_no_kingdom.shtml

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by SimonChen
Originally Posted by Neo

The remnants of the Los Angeles Family are now a Gambino crew.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
so your saying that the LA family are defunct ?

Yes.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 10:29 PM

Don't forget that Donnie Shacks of the Colombos is out west. Had the fling with Elizabeth Hurley. I've heard everything about his status ranging from retired nobody to underboss. He, and perhaps other Colombos, could have something going on.

I've seen before that the Dragnas became a Gambino crew. If this is the case, is there a Gambino captain residing in LA? As far as I know, Isgro is a soldier.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Don't forget that Donnie Shacks of the Colombos is out west. Had the fling with Elizabeth Hurley. I've heard everything about his status ranging from retired nobody to underboss. He, and perhaps other Colombos, could have something going on.

I've seen before that the Dragnas became a Gambino crew. If this is the case, is there a Gambino captain residing in LA? As far as I know, Isgro is a soldier.

I'd imagine it's only a small outfit with nothing major going on. If the LA crew had a fully-fledged Gambino captain I'd be surprised. More like a first among equals soldier or a acting captain. The LA crew are DeCavalcante-like and not on par with New York made guys.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/16/18 11:04 PM

So then LA isn't really a Gambino crew, just a collection of Gambino guys who are in LA and, and answer to a NY captain? I've heard Isgro answers to someone in NY.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/17/18 01:58 AM

So then LA isn't really a Gambino crew, just a collection of Gambino guys who are in LA and, and answer to a NY captain? I've heard Isgro answers to someone in NY.

Former LA family members, not Gambino guys from NY. Maybe they do answer to a captain back in NY.
Posted By: BensonHURST

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 04:36 AM

What about that guy ISGRO that is in C.A.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 04:42 AM

I have a friend I grew up with who is with the Luc's he has a book in C.A. he loves it
Feels like he will.never get caught

Does not even want to do business here in N.Y.
He gets treated like he is AL Cappone out there

Everyone pays nobody runs to anybody to try to get anything squashed nothing like N.Y.C.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Neo

I'd imagine it's only a small outfit with nothing major going on. If the LA crew had a fully-fledged Gambino captain I'd be surprised. More like a first among equals soldier or a acting captain. The LA crew are DeCavalcante-like and not on par with New York made guys.

After Montemarano's release from prison in 1996, he moved to LA to be close to Carmine Persico, who was at Butner. Persico and Montemarano were best friends in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. It is unknown if Montemarano ever served as a conduit from LA to NY, but he seemed to retire by the late 90s. Because of his friendship with many football players, there were allegations of match-fixing and bookmaking but nothing was ever proven. He had a fling with Liz Hurley and was photographed holding her hand. In 2001, he was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend (not Liz Hurley). He got a hefty six year sentence and was released in 07. In 2011, after the arrests of the entire Colombo admin on the streets, Donnie Shacks and Tom Farese were called in to run the family in interim. Montemarano was acting underboss and Farese (a capo from Florida) was acting consigliere. Montemarano was thought to be more of a leader than Farese was during this time. After most of the wiseguys arrested were out of jail within five years, I doubt Montemarano is still acting underboss now. It has been confirmed that Farese moved back to Florida, so that's something.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
What about that guy ISGRO that is in C.A.

I don't know anything about him.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 06:03 AM

I have a friend I grew up with who is with the Luc's he has a book in C.A. he loves it

Everyone pays nobody runs to anybody to try to get anything squashed nothing like N.Y.C.

If he is in LA that sounds like a good life.

I've always wanted to live in LA but I'm not from the US so I can't move there because US has strict immigration laws:(

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
Originally Posted by Neo

After Montemarano's release from prison in 1996, he moved to LA to be close to Carmine Persico, who was at Butner. Persico and Montemarano were best friends in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. It is unknown if Montemarano ever served as a conduit from LA to NY, but he seemed to retire by the late 90s. Because of his friendship with many football players, there were allegations of match-fixing and bookmaking but nothing was ever proven. He had a fling with Liz Hurley and was photographed holding her hand. In 2001, he was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend (not Liz Hurley). He got a hefty six year sentence and was released in 07. In 2011, after the arrests of the entire Colombo admin on the streets, Donnie Shacks and Tom Farese were called in to run the family in interim. Montemarano was acting underboss and Farese (a capo from Florida) was acting consigliere. Montemarano was thought to be more of a leader than Farese was during this time. After most of the wiseguys arrested were out of jail within five years, I doubt Montemarano is still acting underboss now. It has been confirmed that Farese moved back to Florida, so that's something.

Yeah Donnie Shacks started investing in movies when he moved to LA and as a result he started hanging around people in the movie industry including Liz Hurley.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Neo

Originally Posted by Neo

Yeah Donnie Shacks started investing in movies when he moved to LA and as a result he started hanging around people in the movie industry including Liz Hurley.

You seen Night at the Golden Eagle? He starred in that one, for a B movie I thought it was alright.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 07:17 AM

You seen Night at the Golden Eagle? He starred in that one, for a B movie I thought it was alright.

I went to the imdb page to check it out thinking he had a cameo or something, but he's the lead actor?? Holy shit lol

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 07:25 AM

You seen Night at the Golden Eagle? He starred in that one, for a B movie I thought it was alright.[/quote]

That actually looks good. I'll have to try find it online.

Sorry for my crappy quoting skills.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 07:26 AM

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Neo

That actually looks good. I'll have to try find it online.

Sorry for my crappy quoting skills. [/quote]

It won't change your life, but it's a fun couple of hours.
EDIT: Jeez, now I've messed up the quoting too.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Neo

I've always wanted to live in LA but I'm not from the US so I can't move there because US has strict immigration laws:(

Why Neo ? Where you come from ? I think that if you had a job or money can go in the US. Unfortunately I don't have the money.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 03:13 PM

Lol Donnie is the lead actor I those two movies?
That is pretty funny....

I

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 04:46 PM

It's 41% at Rotten Tomatoes, but the story looks good.

Two elderly criminals spend their final night in Los Angeles, California at the Golden Eagle Hotel prior to their departure to Las Vegas, Nevada, to lead a life without crime. Unfortunately, on the hottest night of the summer, these two ex-criminals seemingly get caught in the malice of prostitutes, pimps, drunken bums, fighting monkeys, and young runaways.

Netflix DVD has it.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 04:50 PM

Sounds like an indie take on Kirk Douglas's Tough Guys.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 05:54 PM

Lol Donnie is the lead actor I those two movies?
That is pretty funny....

I

It's just one movie.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 06:52 PM

In haven't
I.will.check net flix

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by Neo

Why Neo ? Where you come from ? I think that if you had a job or money can go in the US. Unfortunately I don't have the money.

I visited LA for a holiday and loved it so I've always wanted to move there. I'm from New Zealand. Nobody can move to the US to live unless they are married to an American citizen.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 07:16 PM

I will.check it out on Net Flix

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 07:23 PM

Joseph ISGRO California

http://aboutthemafia.com/gambino-family-mobster-joseph-isgro-gets-sweet-plea-deal

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 07:33 PM

Wow so you can't come to the us unless you marry in these days?
WOW

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 08:00 PM

WOW

Yep. Marry an American citizen or you don't get to live in the US.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/18/18 08:05 PM

I recognize his face but not the name. He does seem like the Gambinos number one guy on the west coast.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/19/18 01:50 AM

I cant imagine him being in movies did all that much for his street credits
And sitting down with other families

I would imagine they looked at him like he was a joke

I could picture other wiseguys saying are you a movie star or a wiseguy...

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/25/18 05:07 AM

Night at the Golden Eagle DVD just came in from Netflix. I'll come back with an up or down vote, no spoilers.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/25/18 08:23 AM

I cant imagine him being in movies did all that much for his street credits
And sitting down with other families

I would imagine they looked at him like he was a joke

I could picture other wiseguys saying are you a movie star or a wiseguy...

Former LA associate-turned-informer Kenji Gallo knew him in the 90s and didn't like him. Said he was a wife basher. He must have continued to hang around Colombo and LA family wiseguys when he retired in the 90s and 2000s. But, with his movie ventures and other legitimate interests I have heard about, it seems he wasn't a real criminal during this time and was more of a 'player.'

When he was called back to NY in 2011, it's anyone's guess what other wiseguys thought of him. He was called back in as acting underboss because of the big busts. But it's common knowledge that Don Carmine was his best friend, and he probably knew most recent street boss Andy Russo pretty well too.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/25/18 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Neo
WOW

My cousin live and work in Boston,when come in the US was just married (with an italian girl).

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/25/18 04:29 PM

Andy Mush is Persico's cousin
Shacks was around from the old days

He had/has the trust of the old guard

Because of the history

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/25/18 04:29 PM

Furio what part of Italy are you from?

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/25/18 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Neo
WOW

My cousin live and work in Boston,when come in the US was just married (with an italian girl).

The Italian girl is a US citizen I assume. Yeah that is the only way one is able to live and work in the US.

Your cousin is a lucky guy being able to live in the US.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/25/18 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Neo
Originally Posted by Neo
WOW

The Italian girl is a US citizen I assume. Yeah that is the only way one is able to live and work in the US.

Your cousin is a lucky guy being able to live in the US.

Nope,my cousin and his wife are both born in italy.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/25/18 06:54 PM

Furio what part of Italy are you from?

I live in a town near Naples.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/25/18 08:06 PM

Andy Mush is Persico's cousin
Shacks was around from the old days

He had/has the trust of the old guard

Because of the history

Donnie Shacks and Carmine were a hit team in which Donnie would cross-dress as a girl and him and Carmine would pretend they were on a date to defuse suspicion from Gallos. Crazy shit.

Re: mixing\merging families - 03/27/18 05:51 AM

WOW...
The GOOD OLE DAYS...

Re: mixing\merging families - 04/26/18 02:49 AM

Forgot about this thread. Watched Night at the Golden Eagle. It was awful.
Posted By: FrankValenti

Re: mixing\merging families - 04/26/18 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Hollander

Rochester splitted from Buffalo,the rizzutos from the bonannos.

Rochester did indeed split from Buffalo in the late 1960s and became an independent family. To answer OP's question, Rochester also merged back with Buffalo after the family collapsed through an internal street war and RICO convictions around the early 1990s.

Re: mixing\merging families - 04/26/18 03:06 PM

@Frank' I believe they did merge back with Buffalo and still have a few members who answer to Buffalo today. Do you have any evidence that details the re-merger?
Posted By: Moscone65

Re: mixing\merging families - 04/26/18 04:01 PM

The Piccarreto's right?

Re: mixing\merging families - 04/26/18 04:40 PM

Yes, theres a few others too. Marotta
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET