LKN
GDN
VLN
BPSN
SDN

I'll add more later.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/09/18 02:02 AM

ill say this much in new england which basically is a 2 3 hour drive to the bronx from any small city that includes boston. the l.k.s try to form structure like a boss of the state and meetings with chapters from all the small citys in ne they always get scooped up in a drug indictment.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/09/18 02:04 AM

i would guess they been here since the late 80tys early 90tys. slowly creeping up in all the pueto rican communitys. so they have a 30 yr presence around here. in chicago what have they been around 50?
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/09/18 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by pmac
i would guess they been here since the late 80tys early 90tys. slowly creeping up in all the pueto rican communitys. so they have a 30 yr presence around here. in chicago what have they been around 50?

The age old of 70.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/09/18 12:11 PM

What is SDN ?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/09/18 07:31 PM

Satan Disciples Nation
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/09/18 11:58 PM

Do any of these organizations have a known hierarchy?
Who is the enca of new York Latin Kings?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/10/18 01:48 AM

@ bigfella
Most do and I don't know who's the Inca until the feds start knocking.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/10/18 11:10 PM

Latin Kings have 50,000 members.
Gangster Disciples around 40,000.
Vice Lords around 35,000.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/12/18 02:53 AM

Between 18th st, Sur-13, or SD as the next largest groups. Ranging somewhere around 20,000 or so.
Posted By: americafyeah

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/12/18 03:53 AM

surenos are the biggest,and the only active gang left in the U.S. there are 50,000 surenos in los angeles,alone. the other gangs you listed are defunct,and the membership numbers outdated

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/12/18 04:55 PM

@americanfyeah
I don't think you realize but you're on my block list for insufficient information.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/12/18 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by americafyeah
surenos are the biggest,and the only active gang left in the U.S. there are 50,000 surenos in los angeles,alone. the other gangs you listed are defunct,and the membership numbers outdated

Are you being serious?
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/12/18 07:20 PM

50,000....meh. I'd probably cut that number in half, and even still you have a bloated estimate. A lot of Sureno gangs that people list are defunct or down to a handful of members, too.

And, I'll assume there's a typo somewhere in your argument that Surenos are the only gang left in the states.
Posted By: SoCalGangs

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/12/18 08:36 PM

It’s weird to call “Surenos” a gang. A bunch of gangs that fall under the Sureno umbrella in jail and prison, yes. In prison I suppose you can consider them an organization. In the streets, they’re not a gang.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/12/18 08:58 PM

lol this has gotta be a an elaborate long term troll act

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/13/18 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalGangs
It’s weird to call “Surenos” a gang. A bunch of gangs that fall under the Sureno umbrella in jail and prison, yes. In prison I suppose you can consider them an organization. In the streets, they’re not a gang.

I would like more input from you on the Surenos banner as well. It seems like most of the members of those barrios that branch out to other cities just carries that banner. In my state I came across a few tags by them in Hattiesburg. It simply displayed ' Sur 13 ' with the 3 dots. Hispanic community in Hattiesburg is around 1.3K but nothing significant from Sur 13 activities. In Memphis they're the largest or one of the largest hispanic gang in the city yet mainly you see their taggings. Banging wise it's little of that. Nashville is a bit similar and Atlanta have higher activity. Generally it's not a specific L.A barrio being claim just the banner.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/13/18 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by BlackFamily

I would like more input from you on the Surenos banner as well. It seems like most of the members of those barrios that branch out to other cities just carries that banner. In my state I came across a few tags by them in Hattiesburg. It simply displayed ' Sur 13 ' with the 3 dots. Hispanic community in Hattiesburg is around 1.3K but nothing significant from Sur 13 activities. In Memphis they're the largest or one of the largest hispanic gang in the city yet mainly you see their taggings. Banging wise it's little of that. Nashville is a bit similar and Atlanta have higher activity. Generally it's not a specific L.A barrio being claim just the banner.

Yeah I think it’s just different when you get further and further away from LA. I think it’s combination of just wannabes trying to replicate LA/California gang culture and sometimes people from California spreading it around. Also could be that the Hispanic population isn’t that big in some places to they just band together under a generic Sur 13 umbrella. But it’s very generic to write “Sur 13” on the wall. It would be like writting “Crips” with no set name by it, and maybe even more generic than that. Here in California if you see a random Sur13 tag it’s almost always writen by little kids/wannabes, not real gang members. Although one exception is that there is an actual gang in LA called Varrio Sur 13 located in Hollywood and another clique in north east LA which could make it more confusing.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/14/18 04:46 AM

The bloods are probably the biggest gang nowadays

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/14/18 06:09 AM

@ SoCalGang

Alright then what about 18th St?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/14/18 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by cookcounty

Nope. Speaking on individual groups not umbrellas.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/14/18 06:30 AM

@ SoCalGang

Alright then what about 18th St?

18th st would consider itself a gang, very similar to MS13. In reality they mostly aren’t, with so many cliques spread around, it’s like an alliance of smaller gangs calling themselves 18 street. At least that’s how I see it. Some cliques having stronger ties with each other than others and some cliques being more isolated from the rest. I suppose you can consider them one of the largest gangs in the country still, but IMO they been on a heavy decline since the mid 2000s.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/14/18 06:41 PM

Besides the deportation of some of their membership , what else is contributing to their decline? As much as presence the LE says they have haven, I doubt their membership was ever in that many states.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/14/18 07:26 PM

Besides the deportation of some of their membership , what else is contributing to their decline? As much as presence the LE says they have haven, I doubt their membership was ever in that many states.

Hard to say for certain, but since LA is home base, and because they stopped expanding in LA, maybe that’s why they aren’t expanding elsewhere anymore. I really don’t know what there activity is around the country, I just know in the 90s they had lots of media attention and now MS 13 is in the spot light. 1990s 18st was all about recruiting wherever they can, but at some point they lost that popularity and became too hated. Their reputation was that they recruit everybody and anybody, qauntity over quality. Plus most LA hoods have declined since the 90’s and 18st is no exception. They’re still there of course but their “golden years” have passed.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/14/18 07:53 PM

18th street was the big story in the '90s because they were building the Staples Center there. Once the arena went up, 18 st. disappeared from the news.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/15/18 04:24 AM

Chicago is basically every man for himself now so they're really aint too many cohessive mobs anymore

But its bloods everywhere now, especially after it became cool to be a blood

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/15/18 06:15 AM

Chicago is basically every man for himself now so they're really aint too many cohessive mobs anymore

exactly! all of the old gangs in Chicago have disbanded. there are no gd's,lk's,vice lords,etc anymoar. those gangs are long gone. same with the bloods and crips in L.A. which have gone extinct. and fyi, the bloods are no longer considered a gang. the bloods have morphed into something else,they are a hip hop/pop music subculture. the police don't classify bloods as a gang anymoar,they don't control any territory in LA.you can't name one former blood or crip neighborhood in LA that doesn't have surenos in it or that hasn't been taken over by them. the surenos are the last gang left,they have all of the elements of a real gang,surenos are territorial,mark their neighborhood with graffiti,sell dr*gs,extort,shoot rivals,etc. the bloods don't do any of that anymoar.bloods and crips are best friends now,their rivalry is over.they had to stop gangbanging,and join forces because the surenos are too pwoerful. bloods and crips are moar interested in pursuing rap careers,they have become inactive. truthfuly they are afraid of the surenos.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/15/18 06:28 AM

Chicago Latino mobs are cohesive generally speaking and not all the Black mobs are that fractured like the GDs. Additional this is nationwide I'm speaking on so everybody aren't like Chicago. Naw , Bloods wave is just that a trend. At the end of day Chi mobs are deeper. Nobody here in the Sipp about that SuWu trend except a few legit and little more offbrands.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/15/18 06:29 AM

Hard to say for certain, but since LA is home base, and because they stopped expanding in LA, maybe that’s why they aren’t expanding elsewhere anymore. I really don’t know what there activity is around the country, I just know in the 90s they had lots of media attention and now MS 13 is in the spot light. 1990s 18st was all about recruiting wherever they can, but at some point they lost that popularity and became too hated. Their reputation was that they recruit everybody and anybody, qauntity over quality. Plus most LA hoods have declined since the 90’s and 18st is no exception. They’re still there of course but their “golden years” have passed.

Which barrios was the deepest by your opinion now and back during the peak years of banging?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/15/18 09:20 AM

Which barrios was the deepest by your opinion now and back during the peak years of banging?

I’m sure everyone would agree that 18th street was by far the biggest gang in LA in the 1990’s. They had already been big by the 1970s but by the 90’s they were all over LA. With that attention though, law enforcement also cracked down on them pretty hard and they were one of the earlier gangs to deal with a gang injunction so that also contributed to their decline.

As far as who’s deepest now.. ironically it might be 18 st still. Some of their major cliques are barely holding on due to their location and gentrification (Hollywood Gangsters) for example or their downtown hood(7th & Broadway). But for the most part they still have their hoods in the Westside, south central, the SouthSide South Gate area, the east side In north east LA and the valley so I’d assume they still have numbers but spread around. I just can’t think of any other gang with that many established neighborhoods. Whereas Florencia has numbers too but almost all concentrated in one part of the city.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/15/18 10:10 AM

I’m sure everyone would agree that 18th street was by far the biggest gang in LA in the 1990’s. They had already been big by the 1970s but by the 90’s they were all over LA. With that attention though, law enforcement also cracked down on them pretty hard and they were one of the earlier gangs to deal with a gang injunction so that also contributed to their decline.

As far as who’s deepest now.. ironically it might be 18 st still. Some of their major cliques are barely holding on due to their location and gentrification (Hollywood Gangsters) for example or their downtown hood(7th & Broadway). But for the most part they still have their hoods in the Westside, south central, the SouthSide South Gate area, the east side In north east LA and the valley so I’d assume they still have numbers but spread around. I just can’t think of any other gang with that many established neighborhoods. Whereas Florencia has numbers too but almost all concentrated in one part of the city.

As far as I know Florencia is very big in numbers and was growing, not to mention that they are very dangerous. maybe the most dangerous? And as far as the 70s go I think the bigest hispao gangs were in east los, white fence,etc What do you think SoCal?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/15/18 04:42 PM

Chicago Latino mobs are cohesive generally speaking and not all the Black mobs are that fractured like the GDs. Additional this is nationwide I'm speaking on so everybody aren't like Chicago. Naw , Bloods wave is just that a trend. At the end of day Chi mobs are deeper. Nobody here in the Sipp about that SuWu trend except a few legit and little more offbrands.

Outta town chicago mobs are more cohessive in other states than in chicago

The new crop dont even know their lit

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/15/18 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by alexandarns

As far as I know Florencia is very big in numbers and was growing, not to mention that they are very dangerous. maybe the most dangerous? And as far as the 70s go I think the bigest hispao gangs were in east los, white fence,etc What do you think SoCal?

Florencia is big. Once considered the second biggest behind 18st. Maybe still is, gang number estimates are difficult.

A lot of Chicano gangs were deep in the 70’s. But not just East LA and Boyle Heights. Clanton 14th Street comes to mind which was once pretty deep in the 1960’s and 70’s, before 18st took over their stronghold in Pico Union.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/17/18 05:20 AM

Cookcounty
We been through this already years ago. Federal cases continue to show there are specific decks that are structured, end of discussion .
Posted By: Ted

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/17/18 08:03 AM

exactly! all of the old gangs in Chicago have disbanded. there are no gd's,lk's,vice lords,etc anymoar. those gangs are long gone. same with the bloods and crips in L.A. which have gone extinct. and fyi, the bloods are no longer considered a gang. the bloods have morphed into something else,they are a hip hop/pop music subculture. the police don't classify bloods as a gang anymoar,they don't control any territory in LA.you can't name one former blood or crip neighborhood in LA that doesn't have surenos in it or that hasn't been taken over by them. the surenos are the last gang left,they have all of the elements of a real gang,surenos are territorial,mark their neighborhood with graffiti,sell dr*gs,extort,shoot rivals,etc. the bloods don't do any of that anymoar.bloods and crips are best friends now,their rivalry is over.they had to stop gangbanging,and join forces because the surenos are too pwoerful. bloods and crips are moar interested in pursuing rap careers,they have become inactive. truthfuly they are afraid of the surenos.

This is definitely not true.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/17/18 10:12 AM

Florencia is big. Once considered the second biggest behind 18st. Maybe still is, gang number estimates are difficult.

A lot of Chicano gangs were deep in the 70’s. But not just East LA and Boyle Heights. Clanton 14th Street comes to mind which was once pretty deep in the 1960’s and 70’s, before 18st took over their stronghold in Pico Union.

would you say that the 38th street gang was bigger and stronger in the 70s and 80s than f13? Can you compare the 38th st with other big gangs i that time period please? Thank you very much for your answer.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/17/18 08:59 PM

would you say that the 38th street gang was bigger and stronger in the 70s and 80s than f13? Can you compare the 38th st with other big gangs i that time period please? Thank you very much for your answer.

I can’t say for certain if 38th Street was bigger than F13 in those days. Ive never heard that but I’m not old enough to know. 38th Street has always been a major gang in their part of the city, that’s for sure. I do see 38 as being one of the bigger and well known older Chicano gangs in all LA.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/24/18 01:56 AM

I can’t say for certain if 38th Street was bigger than F13 in those days. Ive never heard that but I’m not old enough to know. 38th Street has always been a major gang in their part of the city, that’s for sure. I do see 38 as being one of the bigger and well known older Chicano gangs in all LA.

Thanks, did they go to war with the crips and bloods in that time? Can you posibly give me some pointers on the difrence betwen the south side gangs like the F13 and 38th st and the east los gangs like barrio nuevo estrada or white fence?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/24/18 07:50 PM

The main difference between the east side and south central would probably be that south LA chicanos grew up with more Blacks and so there was more influence between the two groups in talk and style. Most of the gang wars between Chicano and black gangs started much later. F13 vs East coast Crips started early 2000’s. Also the Crips were still in their infant years in the 70s anyway. Spreading rapidly but not as established as the 80’s.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/24/18 11:02 PM

The other side of the coin is that people from South Central, Compton, and Watts think everything outside of south LA is soft, even the east side, despite its rich tradition.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/25/18 01:16 AM

The main difference between the east side and south central would probably be that south LA chicanos grew up with more Blacks and so there was more influence between the two groups in talk and style. Most of the gang wars between Chicano and black gangs started much later. F13 vs East coast Crips started early 2000’s. Also the Crips were still in their infant years in the 70s anyway. Spreading rapidly but not as established as the 80’s.

Okay I get it, and as oak said and stated, are the south side chicano gangs that much tougher now and throu history? Also I have a question if you please about F13. What would you say what streets are their original homebase? HQ? I realize there is one old pic and mural on holmes ave and florence, is that the spot?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/25/18 01:20 AM

I didn't say they were tougher, I said they think they're tougher. People from South Central think gang banging everywhere else is amateur night. Even other parts of LA, with notorious gang histories, like East LA.

The traditional east side neighborhoods view South Central as undisciplined and wild. South Central views the east side as antiquated, slow paced.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/25/18 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I didn't say they were tougher, I said they think they're tougher. People from South Central think gang banging everywhere else is amateur night. Even other parts of LA, with notorious gang histories, like East LA.

The traditional east side neighborhoods view South Central as undisciplined and wild. South Central views the east side as antiquated, slow paced.

It does seem undisciplined and wild, especially with all those blacks over there back in the day. Lol just kidding oak , I don't mean that. But serious, I allways wondered how the f13 gang and the crips got along in the 70s and 80s. Think the f13 hood was real big even than

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/25/18 02:28 AM

Speaking very generally I’d say Oak is right in how gangs in these areas can view each other. Also these views tend to be even more magnified the further out you go, so within the inner city of LA many will view the Valley gangs as being softer for example, even though it’s not always really the case. Gangs like F13 and 38th Street are as legit as they come though.

I think it’s easier to see how a gang like F13 could get along with Crips for so long when you realize that Mexicans and Blacks from these hoods grow up in the same exact neighborhoods in many cases and pretty much share big patches of territory. Which means a lot of them grew up together since elementary school days, playing at each other’s houses as kids and all that. Knowing each other and where they live. In example Florencia with East Coast Crips and Mad Swan Bloods, Harpys with Rollin 20’s, ATC13 with Harlem 30’s and many many more. It’s not in most best interest to start these kind of wars but some are inevitable due to all sorts of different circumstances. It’s like two gangs operate the same general area but one recruits Blacks and the other recruits Hispanics but it’s basically the same general neighborhood. Traditionally Hispanics gangs mostly worried about their longtime Hispanic rivals and Blacks mostly fought their rivals.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/25/18 04:22 AM

Yeah, I was going to say, they all view the San Fernando Valley as a joke, even though the valley has some reputable sets in Pacoima, both black and Latino.

How well did Crips and Florencia get along in the '70s? I'm going to just guess, not too well.

SoCal can probably go further into it, but blacks and Latinos who lived in the same housing projects were typically allies, and many still are. I believe the Grape Street Crips (Watts) and Varrio Grape get along. Grape Street Crips were actually called Varrio Grape Street at first, and still were in the 1980s.

The Flats in Boyle Heights had East Coast Crip (1st street?) in their same projects and got along, but that place got torn down.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/25/18 04:54 AM

It’s like that in Watts. Even now with Bounty Hunters and Village Boys 13.

The Aliso Village projects in Boyle Heights was home to several gangs CxFlats, Al Capone 13, The Mob Crew, Clarance St.Locos, EastLA 13, PxFlats and East Coast Crips1st but that’s a case where it was always war but more so gangs vs gang rather than racial. Bad situation when a housing project is at war with itself.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 03/28/18 12:45 AM

Looking at it from a regional perspective:

Latin Kings membership is most prevalent in the Midwest obviously then i say Northeast, South, and West last. I notice outside of Texas & Florida that they have significant activity in Georgia, Tennessee, & North Carolina.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/04/18 06:22 PM

@SoCalGangs

When did the ' Card' originated from for sub alliances in Crips/Bloods?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/04/18 08:18 PM

@SoCalGangs

Do you mean when and how the alliances like Neighborhood Crips and Gangster Crip originated? I’m no Crip/Blood historian but my understanding is that the first big original split within Crips was in the late 70’s/early 80’s when rollin 60’s NHC became rivals with 83 GC with most surrounding Crip gangs choosing a side in the conflict. Bloods, not so sure but I think it has to do with a lot of their hoods predating the official Blood alliance like the Brims and the Piru’s being around before the actual Blood alliance which was actually a response to the Crip county wide expansion.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/04/18 10:07 PM

@SoCalGangs

Do you mean when and how the alliances like Neighborhood Crips and Gangster Crip originated? I’m no Crip/Blood historian but my understanding is that the first big original split within Crips was in the late 70’s/early 80’s when rollin 60’s NHC became rivals with 83 GC with most surrounding Crip gangs choosing a side in the conflict. Bloods, not so sure but I think it has to do with a lot of their hoods predating the official Blood alliance like the Brims and the Piru’s being around before the actual Blood alliance which was actually a response to the Crip county wide expansion.

Okay. I was just wondering about the name. Have the conflict between ECC & F13?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/09/18 05:33 PM

Chicago's gang population is difficult to gauge the size. The information have varied but I think this list is half or so inaccurate on total membership. This covers the Chicagoland in Cook County. Most recent reports states the estimate is around 70,000 in the city. Yet the national gang report place Cook County around 60,000+.

A 1993 Chicago Tribune report that the gang population was around 38,000 with half of that membership in 4 mobs ( GD, VL, LK , & LD).
Im leaning more in between the 60-70K mark.

Attached picture Capture+_2018-01-31-08-29-49.png

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/10/18 07:58 PM

I don't think GDs actually have 30K members on Chicago. More or less 8K

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/10/18 10:00 PM

@blackfamily

The gds are atleast 15k strong in metropolitan chicago

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/10/18 10:05 PM

@blackfamily

The gds are atleast 15k strong in metropolitan chicago

I still think that's abit high maybe 12K.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/11/18 06:22 PM

GDN membership is highest in the Midwest obviously then the South, Northeast, & West. They have plenty of members and offbrands as well that makes them seem so large.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/11/18 07:36 PM

There's atleast 5k gds combined in the north, south and west suburbs alone

Gds are still the deepest black mob in chicago

Most of then probably don't know what hoover looks like but they're still gd

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/11/18 08:04 PM

@SoCalGangs

How the conflict started?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/12/18 04:01 PM

@SoCalGangs

How the conflict started?

No, I'm asking is it still ongoing or have it calm down?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/12/18 04:09 PM

@ Cook

I have to recant my statement in bring their numbers down to 10K in the city if it's around 5K in the surburbs.
Does it matter anymore if they know Hoover? There's different guys with ranks back then & now that's receiving recognition.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/12/18 09:50 PM

Never seen this documentary before, I heard about it in a news segment about the Suge Knight trial. It's about the history of the Crips and Bloods and their feud. The actor Cle 'Bone' Sloan directed it, he was himself an Athens Park Blood, but most of the gang experts in this thread know this already I'd reckon.. The doc is supposedly very good, most of you guys probably already saw it but I thought I'd post it anyway..

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/12/18 11:37 PM

@blackfamily

What would u base your assessment on?

It might be 10k gds in chicago because the black population in chicago has decreased

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/13/18 01:02 AM

Ongoing but not as bad as 10 years ago in my opinion.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/13/18 04:25 PM

@ Cookcounty

The rough estimates of the city's gang population decade by decade from different sources. From that book R World, elsewhere around 50K in 1980. The 1980 census show Chicago's Black community at it's peak of 1.1+ Million and the Latino community was at 470+K. Back then you still have White gangs with large numbers albeit declining such as Gaylards , SCR, & few others. GL was one of the largest in the mid to late 70s with 2,500 members or so. LK have already been the largest latino gang then a toss up between Stones, VLs, & BGD as the largest black gang. Numbers from the Chicago Tribune archives of the mid to late 70s place the largest gang around 5K. Fast forward to early 90s, the police estimated the gang population at 38K and half belongs to GD, VL, LK, & LD. In 95 Operation Headache hit the GDs leadership and a ledger was recovered with the full hierarchy, territories, & membership. Court documents stated GDs had 7K foot soldiers in that case, plus an eairlier profile placed the GDN in Chicago at 6K members & stated the largest mob in the city.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/13/18 11:30 PM

F13's war with ECC caused ECC to go extinct.there are no moar ECC crips in los angeles,they have disbanded. all of the former members of ECC retired from gang life and moved out of los angeles to the valley or suburbs or other states.they couldnt handle the pressure from the F13,and EME,the surenos are too powerful and control all of LA.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/13/18 11:36 PM

@ Cookcounty

The rough estimates of the city's gang population decade by decade from different sources. From that book R World, elsewhere around 50K in 1980. The 1980 census show Chicago's Black community at it's peak of 1.1+ Million and the Latino community was at 470+K. Back then you still have White gangs with large numbers albeit declining such as Gaylards , SCR, & few others. GL was one of the largest in the mid to late 70s with 2,500 members or so. LK have already been the largest latino gang then a toss up between Stones, VLs, & BGD as the largest black gang. Numbers from the Chicago Tribune archives of the mid to late 70s place the largest gang around 5K. Fast forward to early 90s, the police estimated the gang population at 38K and half belongs to GD, VL, LK, & LD. In 95 Operation Headache hit the GDs leadership and a ledger was recovered with the full hierarchy, territories, & membership. Court documents stated GDs had 7K foot soldiers in that case, plus an eairlier profile placed the GDN in Chicago at 6K members & stated the largest mob in the city.

the best estimate of the number of GD's in Chicago would be 0. zero,or zilch.there are no big gangs in Chicago,they all broke up,now there'sonly small homegrown cliques ,or rap groups.the culture shifted from gangs to rap,there are no moar black gangs in the united states,and the only latino gang that still exist are the surenos and ms13,they have taken over territory acros the country.latin kings are no moar. idk why you are quoting statistics from 1980. it's 2018,none of the gangs you listed exist in Chicago.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/14/18 03:44 PM

Ongoing but not as bad as 10 years ago in my opinion.

Thanks i was wondering about that.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/14/18 04:29 PM

@blackfamily

Latin kings are the only mob with numbers as high as the gds

Vice lords are a close second

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S - 04/14/18 06:58 PM

@Cookcounty
Are you talking in Chicago or Chicagoland?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET