Home

Life in the Mafia

Posted By: Ciment

Life in the Mafia - 02/13/18 09:18 PM

https://www.shortlist.com/news/opinion/mafia-real-life-menial-jobs/345259

The menial, everyday reality of life in the mafia
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/14/18 10:14 AM

Thanks Ciment. That was an interesting perspective. I might check out his book.
Posted By: camorista

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/14/18 03:24 PM

That's very interesting. Is it legit? I mean, seems like being in the mafia is not so easy life, seems like really hard work, if this is true.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/14/18 05:53 PM

''I could've worked for U.P. fuckin' S. and made more fuckin' money!!!''
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/14/18 08:14 PM

All true. We saw a good example in "Donnie Brasco," when Sonny Black's crew was reduced to breaking open parking meters for quarters. Joe Massino was busted for shoplifting while he was on the lam.
Posted By: Neo

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/14/18 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Turnbull
All true. We saw a good example in "Donnie Brasco," when Sonny Black's crew was reduced to breaking open parking meters for quarters. Joe Massino was busted for shoplifting while he was on the lam.

Yeah he got busted shoplifting headache pills or some shit? WTF is all I have to say
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/15/18 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Neo
Originally Posted by Turnbull

Yeah he got busted shoplifting headache pills or some shit? WTF is all I have to say

He did get busted for shoplifting those headache pills worth only a couple of dollars, but I can't imagine that was because of a lack of funds. Was just for the rush or his stingy personality or something..
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/16/18 02:09 PM

Nice post. Really puts it to perspective that out of all the membership of the mafia only a filthy few were really successful. The mob itself Seems like a big scheme, really. Were they use their glorystatus to lure in guys and use them for all that they're worth.
Posted By: JC

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/18/18 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Luxurydog
Nice post. Really puts it to perspective that out of all the membership of the mafia only a filthy few were really successful. The mob itself Seems like a big scheme, really. Were they use their glorystatus to lure in guys and use them for all that they're worth.

Of course most guys did not make much, for the most part you had the many supporting the few. For every Giancana or Catena there were hundreds of Leftys who had gambling problems who spent money like water and barely made enough to get buy. All the while they were trying to not end up on the wrong side of a family civil war where they were nothing more than cannon fodder.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/18/18 10:52 AM

It also depends on your crew if your in a big powerfull crew like Nicky corrozzos or Barney back in the day you had way more opportunities to make money.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/18/18 11:22 AM

Interesting, thanks for sharing..
Posted By: Luxurydog

Re: Life in the Mafia - 02/19/18 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by JC
Originally Posted by Luxurydog

Of course most guys did not make much, for the most part you had the many supporting the few. For every Giancana or Catena there were hundreds of Leftys who had gambling problems who spent money like water and barely made enough to get buy. All the while they were trying to not end up on the wrong side of a family civil war where they were nothing more than cannon fodder.

Sounds very likely. I watched the decavs documentary, and they mention that most guys are barely making a living, like one guy they mention Joey Masilla if I recall, who had alot of gambling debts to other crews nonetheless. It's not as easy as it once was with the all the new technologies and much more record keeping which means everything is easier to track and expose, and probably much more harder to infiltrate. Only the really smart and connected today make any real money overtime and get away with it
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET