Home

Carmine Persico

Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Carmine Persico - 02/12/18 09:30 PM

So we've all heard the tale of Carmine Persico Jr. beating a kid to death with his bare hands in a gang fight at prospect park in brooklyn right?

According to this that is not what happened at all.

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive/pdf?res=9904E0DA1E3DE63ABC4C52DFB366838B649EDE

Interesting story to say the least.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Carmine Persico - 02/12/18 09:46 PM

If you read it, the district attorney said because of the violence, the police are instructed to frisk all teenagers who hang out on the corners or in known gang area’s. I guess stop and frisk started with white italian kids and no one ever complained or protested. Lol
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Carmine Persico - 02/12/18 10:00 PM

Nice find Michael_Giovanni. Looks like they also arrested future Colombo family captain Anthony Scarpati.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Carmine Persico - 02/12/18 10:11 PM

cool find. i wonder how much time scappy did for the murder. he must have been real close with persico. that was 1950. so much for all the old people when we were kids we faught with are hands. thats 1950. he was carmine street boss when he went on the run in the 80tys also was greg scarpas and the wimpy boys capo. alot of killers.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Carmine Persico - 02/14/18 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Belmont
If you read it, the district attorney said because of the violence, the police are instructed to frisk all teenagers who hang out on the corners or in known gang area’s. I guess stop and frisk started with white italian kids and no one ever complained or protested. Lol

Yeah, good point...And nobody cried about it either !!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Carmine Persico - 02/14/18 10:02 PM

There was a famous war between the Gallo brothers and the Profaci family in the early Sixties. Eldest Gallo brother Larry went to a sitdown at the Sahara Lounge in Brooklyn and was garroted--almost killed--by the Profaci "peace" delegation until a cop wandered in (that scene was replicated in Godfather II with Frank Pentangili as the garroting victim). Some say Persico was one of the would-be killers.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Carmine Persico - 02/18/18 12:57 AM

Soprano's "old man profaci knew how to split his enemies"

I think that's the meeting Tony "ducks" mediated when he was a capo for the luchese
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET