Home

Luccheses after Amuso

Posted By: Regoparker100

Luccheses after Amuso - 02/11/18 01:55 PM

If Vic Amuso were to die today, who would be the top guys to succeed him?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/11/18 05:11 PM

The candidate would be Steve Crea Sr the youngest member of the ruling panel,if he will beat the charges.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/11/18 05:45 PM

That dude aint beating all them charges. He probaly takes a big plea to help his son out. Theyll say take 20 and your son will get 8.
Posted By: Neo

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/11/18 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by pmac
That dude aint beating all them charges. He probaly takes a big plea to help his son out. Theyll say take 20 and your son will get 8.

I wonder how Crea Jr. thinks he can go unnoticed by the feds when his name is Steve Crea Jr.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/12/18 06:04 AM

Crea definitely, even if he goes to prison. Capra and Cutaia are two that comes to mind, and Santorelli is a well respected member.
Posted By: WhackWhack

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/12/18 05:43 PM

If they were smart they pick the next Barney Bellomo type for boss and not someone with a ton of baggage. Before that one snitch brought him up in the early 90's the Feds had no idea who he was. In today's day and age guys like Madonna, Crea etc too high profile. Just due to all the time in and out of the can or even being mentioned in the press. I really wonder where the mob will get their talent from 20 years down the line even if the rules are as lax as must have an Italian father/surname.
Posted By: Neo

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/12/18 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by WhackWhack
If they were smart they pick the next Barney Bellomo type for boss and not someone with a ton of baggage. Before that one snitch brought him up in the early 90's the Feds had no idea who he was. In today's day and age guys like Madonna, Crea etc too high profile. Just due to all the time in and out of the can or even being mentioned in the press. I really wonder where the mob will get their talent from 20 years down the line even if the rules are as lax as must have an Italian father/surname.

Who was the snitch that identified Bellomo? He'd have to be very high up to even know Bellomo.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/12/18 07:08 PM

That’s there down fall , nobody to groom the young properly and if you can find decent guys you have to make sure they are not on the blow and OxyContin the dope is killing these guys they are on the street most of there young adult life’s and many get a habit and they are done after that.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/12/18 07:10 PM

Can you name someone as your pick for their next boss ?
Hard to find someone like barney in the lucchese
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/13/18 03:36 AM

How many capo"s do the lucheses have?
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/13/18 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Neo

Who was the snitch that identified Bellomo? He'd have to be very high up to even know Bellomo.

The only 2 that I can think of who flipped that would know anything about Bellomo would have been Vincent Fish Cafaro and George Barone. I've researched both of these guys in an effort to find out the source and truth about Bellomo being made at 21. I've read Cafaro's testimony transcript and I don't think he ever mentioned Barney specifically in that but Cafaro supposedly proposed Barney for membership so they had to be close.

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/profile-genovese-crime-family-boss-liborio-bellomo

In the link it says "George Barone, another Genovese mobster-turned-informant, later gave authorities some background on the relationship between father and son Cafaro and Barney Bellomo and the Genovese family mob. Barone said that Bellomo told him that “Fish Cafaro did not fully cooperate with the FBI” and withheld much information about the Genovese family “because of an agreement he made with Bellomo.” In return, Barone said, “Bellomo protected his son Tommy from retaliation” for his father’s sins."

My guess would be that Barone gave Barney up but I wouldn't be surprised if Cafaro gave up info as well.
Posted By: WhackWhack

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/13/18 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky

Can you name someone as your pick for their next boss ?
Hard to find someone like barney in the lucchese

That's the whole point. I wouldn't know. Neither would Jerry Capeci, Selwyn Raab, the posters here or the Feds. That's what I am getting at. Barney was a huge player and multi millionaire and the Feds didn't even know he existed yet.
Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
Originally Posted by Neo

The only 2 that I can think of who flipped that would know anything about Bellomo would have been Vincent Fish Cafaro and George Barone. I've researched both of these guys in an effort to find out the source and truth about Bellomo being made at 21. I've read Cafaro's testimony transcript and I don't think he ever mentioned Barney specifically in that but Cafaro supposedly proposed Barney for membership so they had to be close.

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/profile-genovese-crime-family-boss-liborio-bellomo

In the link it says "George Barone, another Genovese mobster-turned-informant, later gave authorities some background on the relationship between father and son Cafaro and Barney Bellomo and the Genovese family mob. Barone said that Bellomo told him that “Fish Cafaro did not fully cooperate with the FBI” and withheld much information about the Genovese family “because of an agreement he made with Bellomo.” In return, Barone said, “Bellomo protected his son Tommy from retaliation” for his father’s sins."

My guess would be that Barone gave Barney up but I wouldn't be surprised if Cafaro gave up info as well.

Yes it had to be Barone. I remember reading about it in the Chin book by McShane recently and Barone was featured towards the end. The Feds said he was an unreliable snitch but that he did turn them on to Barney who was completely unheard of by law enforcement up until then. Probably impossible to do now in today's day and age with suerveillance and all but still to become as powerful and wealthy as he did without even being pinched for it.....(yes I know he got pinched at a real young age for a gun)
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/13/18 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by thebigfella
How many capo"s do the lucheses have?

Thanks to blackhand forum

1. Carmine Avellino/72 - Queens, Long Island and Florida
2. John "Johnny Hooks" Capra/74 - The Bronx
3. John “Big John” Castellucci/57 (UI/IP) - Brooklyn
4. Steven "Stevie Junior" Crea Jr/45 (UI/IP) - The Bronx and Staten Island
5. Tindaro "Tino' Curso/56 (UI/IP)
6. Joseph "Little Joe" DiBenedetto/48 - Brooklyn
7. Andrew DiSimone/52 - Westchester and the Bronx
8. Joseph "Joey" Giampa/74 – Bronx and New Jersey
9. Ralph Perna/70 – New Jersey
10. Dominic "Crazy Dom" Truscello/83 (UI/IP)/Anthony Croce/82 – Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Long Island
11. Anthony "Blue Eyes" Santorelli/69 – Brooklyn and the Bronx
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/13/18 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

https://web.archive.org/web/20110527124207/http://www.thelaborers.net/carpenters/background/carfaro/Carfaro_declaration-1990-8-28_Dir/Carfaro_declaration-1990-8-28_Page1.htm

There's the declaration of Vincent Cafaro concerning the district council of carpenters. In it, Cafaro says that he sponsored Bellomo into the Genovese family at the request of his father. But he doesn't mention the year.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...eteering-murder-charges-article-1.725189
There's the only proper source I could find mentioning him being made at 20.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/13/18 11:55 PM

at times a guy that has close relationship with bosses in other families has a big edge,

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/14/18 12:21 AM

Fish cafaro wore a wire in 86 bought a kilo of herion of barney and 2 other old genovese guys. The 3 were indicted and rite before trial in 87 cafaro told the feds he wouldnt testify against the 3 probaly cause his son. The case was dissmised.

Re: Luccheses after Amuso - 02/14/18 12:25 AM

I wonder if barney finally okd cafaro jr. To be inducted. Seems like thats all the guy wanted and did a couple bids to prove hes not like his father. More then a handfull of guys who still operate well there fathers testified in trials.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET