Home

Best and worse Capos to be under

Posted By: Tonytough

Best and worse Capos to be under - 02/07/18 09:30 PM

Name some good captains that are a privilege to be under/ whether you’ll be earning a lot or they’ll go to bat for u (loyalty)

& name some bad ones that could careless/ look to rob or whack u at every turn of it suits their interests

Good

Gotti sr- has to be mentioned. Despite a lot of his flaws he seems the type to be very loyal to his guys.

Michael Franzese- he had a lot of guys under him due to the oil scam and u were likely to make good money

Sonny Black seems another that was loyal to
his guys

Bad

Sammy bull- mixed feelings about this one because he refused to rat on his immediate crew members/ and there was a transcript from yrs back- I remember his conversation with Fat Dom who he was trying to coax into joining him down Arizona

Sammy mentioned “guys I liked, I just told the Feds I didn’t know anything about the guy”

But on the other hand if he wanted your company he’d whack you without a second thought

Charlie Moose- guys complained he was abusing them/ even in the Donnie Brasco book, Jilly Greco if I recall correctly just got his button. And was complaining how their new captain was greedy. And that if he didn’t trust them then they didn’t trust him
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 02/08/18 09:43 PM

Bad:Tommy Del Giorno,backstab u in a heartbeat Him & Faffy would churn stories to get nicky riled up & not just about Salvie ,other men too..
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 02/09/18 05:11 AM

Imo :
Greg scarpa
angelo ruggiero
Can't think of more but if i do i will add them in different post here.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 02/10/18 10:47 AM

Gambino: best capo, John Gotti, worst capo, Paul Castellano. Funny thing is those places are switched when it comes to the Boss position.
Lucchese: best capo, Anniello Migliore, worst capo, Carmine Tramunti.
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 05/23/20 02:11 PM

@Giacomo_Vacari

How was Tramunti a bad captain? He was picked by the family to be Acting Boss.
Posted By: Terence

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 05/23/20 03:59 PM

Worst: Gotti - guy was a loudmouth asshole who talked behind his friends back all the time.

Best: Any earning capo who has been low key enough to not make the papers, LE charts or this forum.
Posted By: MegaMikejr

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 05/23/20 05:51 PM

Tommy Agro?
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 05/24/20 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by MegaMikejr
Tommy Agro?

Agro was never a capo
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 05/24/20 06:00 AM

Zav, during his time as capo he was giving the bigger cut of join operations to the Genovese and Gambino families. There is one instance back in the early 60s he ruled against one of his own soldiers in a sitdown with the Gambino family.
Posted By: VitoCahill

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 05/24/20 06:08 AM

how about more current examples ...stefano sollecitto,francesco arcadi,ernest muscarella,joseph cammarano jr.,vito grimaldi,daniel leo, all seem to be big earners and no problems in crews
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 05/24/20 04:39 PM

How about Michael lancellotti, he's a big time earner and I never heard a bad thing about the guy
Posted By: MegaMikejr

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 05/24/20 05:28 PM

Your Right my Bad
Posted By: chin_gigante

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 06/02/20 10:42 PM

Baldo Amato was a captain for a week according to Massino's testimony at the Basciano trial
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 06/02/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Terence
Worst: Gotti - guy was a loudmouth asshole who talked behind his friends back all the time.

Best: Any earning capo who has been low key enough to not make the papers, LE charts or this forum.

Gotti was a bad boss for the family but as a Capo, granted he was a loud mouth but that doesn’t make him a bad capo. If u were under his crew and loyal to him, he looked after u in return. Whereas some capos (due to their personality) were not loyal and always looking to screw their own guys if it meant they could gain something
Posted By: blueracing347

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 06/03/20 05:09 AM

Not sticking up for Gotti, but as Quack Quacks capo he ended up taking out the boss rather than handing over the tapes.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 06/03/20 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tonytough
Originally Posted by Terence

Gotti was a bad boss for the family but as a Capo, granted he was a loud mouth but that doesn’t make him a bad capo. If u were under his crew and loyal to him, he looked after u in return. Whereas some capos (due to their personality) were not loyal and always looking to screw their own guys if it meant they could gain something

. He wasnt a good capo IMO. He pissed away all their profits gambling which was one of the reasons they had to resort to drug dealing. So that right there is a couple red flags. He also wasn’t a great earner compared to other capos one the family.
Posted By: BigBrooklyn50

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 06/03/20 04:17 PM

Dominick Mimi Scialo was a good earner and loved by his crew!
Posted By: dsd

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 06/07/20 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by chin_gigante
Baldo Amato was a captain for a week according to Massino's testimony at the Basciano trial

was that because he got jailed straight away or did something happen?

The more I dip into the Gas pipe book, the more of a bullshitter i think of him.
1st, Furnari says" Gas , gonna make you a capo. No, give it to Vic says Gas.
And then a few years the same exact conversation and outcome about the Boss position. Hard,to believe, especially how greedy he was.

@BigBrooklyn50, everything I've read says that he ( MIMI ) was real mean tough. But those around him hated him cos he was a mean drunkard.

Gotti did seem to have a very loyal crew.
Posted By: Jimmybrown

Re: Best and worse Capos to be under - 06/07/20 12:39 PM

Jimmy brown - a great capo to be under.

Frank Calabrese Sr - treated his brother and son poorly, maybe they deserved it. However to retell past crimes to your questionable son or anyone for that matter should of been a big no no.

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET