Home

How much does the average soldier earn?

Posted By: Neo

How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/07/18 11:23 AM

Any ideas? I'm referring to soldiers from the NY families. I know some are multi millionaires while other are only scratching a living but what is the average?
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/07/18 12:35 PM

Maybe the average is couple of thousands a week
But really who knows it depends on the soldier and from what family he is and what crew.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/07/18 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky
But really who knows it depends on the soldier and from what family he is and what crew.

Jesus fuck all that ceremony stuff with the burning picture of a saint, pricked finger and agreeing to shoot your own brother if the family ordered it, all over a couple thousand dollars a week?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/07/18 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Neo

Jesus fuck all that ceremony stuff with the burning picture of a saint, pricked finger and agreeing to shoot your own brother if the family ordered it, all over a couple thousand dollars a week?

Its diffucult to say from example the gambinos made 1 bilion in the 1980s now maybe half a bilion divided or 200 made men is 2.5 milions.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/07/18 04:53 PM

Again it depends
I think roy demeo was made 1 milion a week as soldier from the drug and stuff
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/07/18 06:12 PM

Just like in your life it's what you make of it . The family is not going to hand you anything till you prove yourself and nine times out of ten you were starting to do well for yourself before a boss is going to hand you a lucrative racket .
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/07/18 06:19 PM

About as much as the solider of a UBN set.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/07/18 06:38 PM

Joe Defede estimated that the average low level Lucchese soldier earns around $5000 per week. That estimate is old though and was made in 2002.
Posted By: Reverend

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/07/18 10:13 PM

As much as he can earn

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 12:26 AM

Again it depends
I think roy demeo was made 1 milion a week as soldier from the drug and stuff

That might have been his entire crew's total earnings when he was soldier/acting capo. That guy that did the rounds picking up Castellano's share from all the crews, he said that the DeMeo crew were kicking up $100k-$150k per week which would make their weekly earnings $1-1.5 million dollars.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 01:47 AM

I wonder how much michael franseze made every week as soldier
I am pretty sure alot of money because he was always a good earner.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 02:55 AM

Or the bigger question - Where is it all now?

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 03:12 AM

That's great question !
But the same goes for even active mobsters, it hard for them to use that money
Posted By: pmac

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 03:24 AM

What if the guys just muscle. Bites when hes told. And maybe the guy who sponcerd him his boss goes to jail . He makes nothing unless hes well liked by other people in the family and they give him a olive branch. 1 guy al darco told his story in his book how some old gangster manzo who was a luchese member from the 50tys and controled jfk airport rackets. He didnt like al and blocked him from being inducted for years and we as a board of readers should give little al credit for saying this cause he said the guy calld him ice cream scooper. Hahah. Atleast al kinda came down to earth. Al says he never made much money had to sell dope he wasnt educated in other rackets. Then paul vario dies and shit fell into his lap. But i would guess just like in life you earn whatever you know how to do. I swear to god changing brakes on a car should be as important as being a dick doctor. You knkw theres a 100 type of doctors now theres dr. That only prescribe dick medicine well the guy who changes your rotors and brakes is more important in my book if hes resonable. Fucking flu had me in for days. Wooo i drank alittle.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 03:29 AM

According to his book, not long after becoming a soldier he put $100,000 on the streets in shylock loans which brought in $2000 to $3000 every week. Also a phantom work scam with a shipping-container repair firm brought in $2000 a week. And once the gasoline tax scam starting rolling that was millions a week.
Posted By: pmac

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 03:31 AM

The avg soldier probaly earns again what ever he can. This guy vincent asaro worked part time at wegmans but they had him talking on tape how he blew like thousands at the track in 1 day only a few yrs back. Im just guessing for a guy magbe 40ty whose controlled by a lcn guy. That why all the gangsters in the 90tys wanted the wall st guys but they got caught to. Will we see some lcn guys getting busted over i dont even no what bitcoin is but say that. Heard it took a plunge in the last month. Hope all is well with vegas mickey in 2018. Mayne he got them loans under control.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: MightyDR

According to his book, not long after becoming a soldier he put $100,000 on the streets in shylock loans which brought in $2000 to $3000 every week. Also a phantom work scam with a shipping-container repair firm brought in $2000 a week. And once the gasoline tax scam starting rolling that was millions a week.

Wow and i guess he made even more money as a capo from the gasoline.
And In todays mob i am pretty sure almost no one can make that amount of money or even close to that.
Or maybe even in the history of the lcn only a few guys were that good earners and making those kind of cash and michael for sure was one of them.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 05:52 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
What if the guys just muscle. Bites when hes told. And maybe the guy who sponcerd him his boss goes to jail . He makes nothing unless hes well liked by other people in the family and they give him a olive branch. 1 guy al darco told his story in his book how some old gangster manzo who was a luchese member from the 50tys and controled jfk airport rackets. He didnt like al and blocked him from being inducted for years and we as a board of readers should give little al credit for saying this cause he said the guy calld him ice cream scooper. Hahah. Atleast al kinda came down to earth. Al says he never made much money had to sell dope he wasnt educated in other rackets. Then paul vario dies and shit fell into his lap. But i would guess just like in life you earn whatever you know how to do. I swear to god changing brakes on a car should be as important as being a dick doctor. You knkw theres a 100 type of doctors now theres dr. That only prescribe dick medicine well the guy who changes your rotors and brakes is more important in my book if hes resonable. Fucking flu had me in for days. Wooo i drank alittle.

Frankie the Wop (Manzo) was a good judge of character, Al D'Arco was a big headed asshole from what I know about him.
Posted By: doggystyle

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 05:55 AM

Well how much does the Capo and the Boss make is my question?

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 06:00 AM

Originally Posted By: doggystyle

Soldiers kick up 20% to the capo, the capo kicks up half of that to the boss plus 10% of whatever he earns.

I'm not sure what connected guys kick up.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 08:08 AM

Soldiers kick up 20% to the capo, the capo kicks up half of that to the boss plus 10% of whatever he earns.

I don't think it is as set in stone as that. For example, Vincent Cafaro testified that a capo could demand ten percent of the profits made by his soldiers on a score. He also said that he shared the profits of the Harlem numbers business 50/50 with Fat Tony. With unions it gets even more complicated.

Then you have Franzese saying 20% off the top of the gas tax scam profits goes directly to the Colombo family. The way Franzese tells it, when he was a soldier, he was personally giving Persico two million a week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4bwHgq-ha8

It really just depends on the family and crew that you are in, plus the business you are in.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 08:36 AM

I don't think it is as set in stone as that. For example, Vincent Cafaro testified that a capo could demand ten percent of the profits made by his soldiers on a score. He also said that he shared the profits of the Harlem numbers business 50/50 with Fat Tony. With unions it gets even more complicated.

Then you have Franzese saying 20% off the top of the gas tax scam profits goes directly to the Colombo family. The way Franzese tells it, when he was a soldier, he was personally giving Persico two million a week.

It really just depends on the family and crew that you are in, plus the business you are in.

Yeah it's not quite set in stone like that but just as a rule of thumb the soldiers generally kick up 20% - 10% goes to the Boss and 10% to the capo.

The Russians were running the gas tax scam and kicking up to the five families and everyone was getting rich.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 09:31 AM

Some situations are more complicated...specifically, philly lcn.
They have a boss, front boss, street boss, consig, and underboss! Either they have more rackets then we think or each admin spot have their own crew or guys thier direct with...there's just not enough money t go around, your thoughts?

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Some situations are more complicated...specifically, philly lcn.
They have a boss, front boss, street boss, consig, and underboss! Either they have more rackets then we think or each admin spot have their own crew or guys thier direct with...there's just not enough money t go around, your thoughts?

Yeah Philly have a boss, acting boss, street boss, boss this and boss that. A bit like the Colombo's with their Boss, acting boss, street boss, underboss, acting under boss, consigliere, acting consigliere.
Too many chiefs and not enough indians.

With such a small family like Philly ( I think they got 5 crews) I'm thinking the guys in the administration are putting their necks on the line for only a little extra reward. Joey takes 5%, acting boss takes 5%, street boss gets a major gambling racket. What ever they are getting, it ain't worth the heat.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 02:23 PM

Joey 5%
Ligambi's 5%
Chang senior?
Chang junior?
Mazzone?
Lance?
Posted By: Ted

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 04:30 PM

Yeah it's not quite set in stone like that but just as a rule of thumb the soldiers generally kick up 20% - 10% goes to the Boss and 10% to the capo.

The Russians were running the gas tax scam and kicking up to the five families and everyone was getting rich.

Rackets like the gas scam or the unions are set up by the family and therefore require a higher kick. That's why it differs from the standard 10-20% tribute.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 04:36 PM

And despite being a criminal organization, the Mafia's business model operates more like independents contractors. You earn whatever you can, keep your own rackets and pay a portion of your earnings to upper management for the privilege of being part of a crew/family. This makes a soldier's earning very greatly.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 05:01 PM

They are still living off that cash , investing legally building upstate don't know about the city.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 05:54 PM

Joey 5%
Ligambi's 5%
Chang senior?
Chang junior?
Mazzone?
Lance?

lol idk
Posted By: DB

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 07:39 PM

Until someone flips were never going to know what the admin gets or how it’s allocated .

I don’t see most soldiers making $5k a week outside of the most successful ones.

Joe Perna said he made $7k in 10 days on tape I think and I would consider him a successful earner. Probably in that $250k+ range but he also had a $100k gambling debt with Joey Ds guy book . That $250k is tax free tho and I’m sure he has a few big robbery or drug scores fall into his lap from his network of guys

I wldnt be surprised if your typical low level soldier that isn’t tied to a sustainable $ racket is in the $100k range and the real successful ones that have big sports and loan books, drugs or construction companies are $250-500k and the real high level soldiers $500-1M+ plus a bunch of real estate

This is all just a guess tho
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 10:10 PM

Doesn't matter what they earn..It's gone in a flash once the feds get to you. Unless you're smart enough to put it in other names. Some guys look like they make millions, Fancy Cars, Clothing, Jewelry..In actuality they have no money..

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
Until someone flips were never going to know what the admin gets or how it’s allocated .

I don’t see most soldiers making $5k a week outside of the most successful ones.

Joe Perna said he made $7k in 10 days on tape I think and I would consider him a successful earner. Probably in that $250k+ range but he also had a $100k gambling debt with Joey Ds guy book . That $250k is tax free tho and I’m sure he has a few big robbery or drug scores fall into his lap from his network of guys

I wldnt be surprised if your typical low level soldier that isn’t tied to a sustainable $ racket is in the $100k range and the real successful ones that have big sports and loan books, drugs or construction companies are $250-500k and the real high level soldiers $500-1M+ plus a bunch of real estate

This is all just a guess tho

Even $5k ain't much for all the fucking headaches and rules you got to follow. Guys can easily make twice that amount flying solo, who needs the mob.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 10:59 PM

What percentage of the loot do the boss get when the boss is serving time?

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 11:03 PM

The Wife and kids of a made guy (soldier or even capo) gets help from the rest of the family ? financial help of course

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 11:12 PM

Looking through "The Last Godfather" about Joey Massino, it says:
"He (Massino) and Vitale split the two hundred dollars a month they got in tribute from every made guy. The figure jumped to seven hundred and fifty dollars and then fifteen hundred dollars, by which time Vitale had been cut out of the equation. By the late nineties, the Family's ranks had swelled to include more than a hundred goodfellas and close to a thousand associates."
Presumably that comes from Vitale's testimony.

That's interesting they had a flat rate of tribute instead of a percentage deal. Massino's testimony used to be on youtube but I can't find it anymore. I only got as far as him being made. I wonder if he mentioned how much he made as a boss?
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 11:28 PM

Good thread Neo! And you're right, for the amount of money most of these guys make it's not worth it. But if you're some street kid who grew up in poverty or close to it, then it's certainly appealing.

That's the biggest reason the mob in the US has been dying out: attrition. Most middle class Italians are not going to risk their necks for that amount of money when they can instead get a decent paying blue collar job, let alone a white collar job if they can afford college. Of course there's outliers, Carmine Persico apparently grew up in a nice, middle class family but was drawn to the streets. But he grew up in a different era where seemingly every block of Brooklyn had a gangster on the corner.

And MightyDR - That is interesting about Massino but it makes sense he'd take a flat rate. It lets his capos and soldiers earn. Sounds like he got it from The Chin who was famous for letting his guys earn (even associates like Ponte who's supposed to be worth hundreds of millions) and only demanded 100% loyalty in return. The West Side has had so few problems because everyone eats... why start a war against the boss for power if you're already rich?
Posted By: Footreads

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 11:31 PM

Give me an associate any time. You can work for anyone. NY purple gang were all associates that crew worked for everyone.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 11:38 PM

The Chin actually owned the Dillinger stretch limo company. The guy that invented the original stretch limo was a prolific theft. I forget his real name but his nick name was Dillinger hence the name. Trump made a deal to rent the first stretch limo and called it the trump limo when he first started to brand his name.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 11:46 PM

I wldnt be surprised if your typical low level soldier that isn’t tied to a sustainable $ racket is in the $100k range

That's seems like an overestimate. A lot of these guys are broksters. I'd guesstimate the lower earning soldiers are making closer to $50k.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/08/18 11:57 PM

idk but Amuso gave DeFede one or two rackets for being acting boss, which gave DeFede an extra $500,000 dollars over the 4 years he served as acting boss. Fucking shit pay for all the BS he had to take on and all the extra heat.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 12:08 AM

The Wife and kids of a made guy (soldier or even capo) gets help from the rest of the family ? financial help of course

It probably varies from individual case to individual case, crew to crew, family to family.

The family isn't required to do shit if one of their members goes away. Serving your time is expected of you and your financial situation and the state of your personal family are your problem.
In saying that, leaving a guy high and dry and fending for himself might cause a guy to turn rat if he is feeling disgruntled about everything.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 12:18 AM

Looking through "The Last Godfather" about Joey Massino, it says:
"He (Massino) and Vitale split the two hundred dollars a month they got in tribute from every made guy. The figure jumped to seven hundred and fifty dollars and then fifteen hundred dollars, by which time Vitale had been cut out of the equation. By the late nineties, the Family's ranks had swelled to include more than a hundred goodfellas and close to a thousand associates."
Presumably that comes from Vitale's testimony.

That's interesting they had a flat rate of tribute instead of a percentage deal. Massino's testimony used to be on youtube but I can't find it anymore. I only got as far as him being made. I wonder if he mentioned how much he made as a boss?

Yeah that is very interesting they got a flat rate and it ain't much either. May be it is just easier with a flat rate, look at how many guys Amuso and Casso killed for skimming money or holding back profits, probably 80% were innocent but look at the fucking headaches it caused. If Amuso and Casso had a flat rate, alot of guys wouldn't have got whacked.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Stubbs
Sounds like he got it from The Chin who was famous for letting his guys earn (even associates like Ponte who's supposed to be worth hundreds of millions) and only demanded 100% loyalty in return.

Chin spent his days walking around in a bathrobe and acting crazy. What kind of life is that?

I'd rather be that Ponte guy.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted
I wldnt be surprised if your typical low level soldier that isn’t tied to a sustainable $ racket is in the $100k range

That's seems like an overestimate. A lot of these guys are broksters. I'd guesstimate the lower earning soldiers are making closer to $50k.

Made guys on $50k a year? I doubt that is the norm for low level made guys, a toilet cleaner can make that. I'd say $100k sounds about right.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 01:16 AM

Agree and even less.... If they have something going on or assigned to a project for someone, then they are doing well. Otherwise they are working and trying to earn other ways as well.

And hopefully they do not have many vices, drug addiction and gambling’s can result in Brokester status for sure.

In this day and age its a uphill challenge to say the least.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 01:23 AM

idk but Amuso gave DeFede one or two rackets for being acting boss, which gave DeFede an extra $500,000 dollars over the 4 years he served as acting boss. Fucking shit pay for all the BS he had to take on and all the extra heat.

That's an extra 125k a year, I'd love to know how much you're pulling in to where an extra 125k on top of what you already make qualifies as shit.

Anyway, there's no uniform answer to this shit. It's not a science and every situation is different. One thing that kills me about this board is that you guys try to make shit black and white when it's just not like that.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 01:24 AM

Made guys on $50k a year? I doubt that is the norm for low level made guys, a toilet cleaner can make that. I'd say $100k sounds about right.

Find me an online job posting for a janitor that pays $25 an hour. A recent college grad doesn't even average that amount.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 02:34 AM

Let’s say your a trusted associate of Roy DeMao and was given kings plaza to run and the old airport club across the street from it. What could he make for himself if he was on the ball. For example he shylocked some of the store owners who were also degenerate gamblers. Plus you took their bets.

Also you stole anything that wasn’t nailed down. Like Cadillacs from the parking garage. Gambling games from the airport club. Coke business action.

Let’s also say you had a connection with security there. So you could hire thieves to help you. How much could you make just doing that plus hijacking truck deliveries and fuel oil deliveries.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:11 AM

They MUST earn more than 5k a week. Here in Sweden you have 15 years old youngins who make 5k a week selling marijuana in grams. And im telling you Sweden is not a place to make money, it cannot even compare with Germany,Netherlands,Belgium even Denmark and Norway, not to mention USA. These mafia soldiers must earn more than that.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:14 AM

I'd love to see all the 15 year olds in Sweden pulling in almost a quarter mil a year selling grams of weed.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: RollinBones

That's an extra 125k a year, I'd love to know how much you're pulling in to where an extra 125k on top of what you already make qualifies as shit.

Anyway, there's no uniform answer to this shit. It's not a science and every situation is different. One thing that kills me about this board is that you guys try to make shit black and white when it's just not like that.

$500k over 4 years ain't shit.
To give you an idea, 1 or 2 robberies could net you that. A successful bookmaking operation could get you that in half the amount of time. Hell, even a good day at the ponies could get you that.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:39 AM

Find me an online job posting for a janitor that pays $25 an hour. A recent college grad doesn't even average that amount.

No shit? I wouldn't know, I would have thought that figure was about right.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
Let’s say your a trusted associate of Roy DeMao and was given kings plaza to run and the old airport club across the street from it. What could he make for himself if he was on the ball. For example he shylocked some of the store owners who were also degenerate gamblers. Plus you took their bets.

Also you stole anything that wasn’t nailed down. Like Cadillacs from the parking garage. Gambling games from the airport club. Coke business action.

Let’s also say you had a connection with security there. So you could hire thieves to help you. How much could you make just doing that plus hijacking truck deliveries and fuel oil deliveries.

I don't know what King Plaza or the airport club are, so I can't take a guess.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:45 AM

They MUST earn more than 5k a week. Here in Sweden you have 15 years old youngins who make 5k a week selling marijuana in grams. And im telling you Sweden is not a place to make money, it cannot even compare with Germany,Netherlands,Belgium even Denmark and Norway, not to mention USA. These mafia soldiers must earn more than that.

Man you can make that boosting cars or doing burglaries, no need to join the mob.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:49 AM

$500k over 4 years ain't shit.
To give you an idea, 1 or 2 robberies could net you that. A successful bookmaking operation could get you that in half the amount of time. Hell, even a good day at the ponies could get you that.

Pal you just admitted in another post you have no idea what you're talking about. I would love to see all the guys cashing out 500k at "the ponies". I will say the most realistic thing you posted was a good bookmaking operation, but even then that 500k isn't going into a single guys pocket. The fact is, it's tough to earn in the legitimate world or illegitimate world and you guys are assuming it's a lot easier than it is. Then again you're the same guy talking about fencing exotic butterflies so I guess you just have a very active imagination. No offense just telling you like it is.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:49 AM

I'd love to see all the 15 year olds in Sweden pulling in almost a quarter mil a year selling grams of weed.

I didnt say all, in the city where i live maybe there is out of 15-20 weed dealers at the age 15-18 there are maybe 10 guys who makes that money. 5grams of good week here goes for 60-70 dollars.

In the bigger city like Stockholm,Gothenburg,Malmö you got plenty more kids who makes that kind of money. I have many friends in Stockholm and Gothenburg and they are all from 25-30 and they all have atleast 100k stashed in their homes.

5k a week is not good, its not good at all, its actually very very bad considering New York is one of the biggest city in the world.

In Belgium i have a cousin who sells coke in a bar, all day long he sits in that bar and ive been with him in that bar, his average is 30-40 grams a day. 1 gram for 60 euro thats 1.8 - 2.4k a day. He is 23 years old.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:53 AM

Pal you just admitted in another post you have no idea what you're talking about. I would love to see all the guys cashing out 500k at "the ponies". I will say the most realistic thing you posted was a good bookmaking operation, but even then that 500k isn't going into a single guys pocket. The fact is, it's tough to earn in the legitimate world or illegitimate world and you guys are assuming it's a lot easier than it is. Then again you're the same guy talking about fencing exotic butterflies so I guess you just have a very active imagination. No offense just telling you like it is.

I admitted I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to janitor pay.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:57 AM

5k a week is not good, its not good at all, its actually very very bad considering New York is one of the biggest city in the world.

5k a week is 240k per year. An income of about 215k would put you in the top 5% incomes in the United States. Even in NYC or SF you should be able to live comfortably with 240k net income. By no stretch of the imagination is it "very very bad". I guess this board is just full of millionaires.

I'm not saying nobody makes that selling weed because plenty of people do. But I'm inclined not to believe there are plenty of 15 year olds making that kind of money slinging eighths in a small Swedish city. The coke numbers you mentioned are on point though, but coke is a very different business.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:59 AM

It's shit pay, that is what I've been trying to tell them.

They are trying to compare the pay to their McDonald's jobs and that is why they think it is big money.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 05:05 AM

5k a week is 240k per year. An income of about 215k would put you in the top 5% incomes in the United States. Even in NYC or SF you should be able to live comfortably with 240k net income. By no stretch of the imagination is it "very very bad". I guess this board is just full of millionaires.

I'm not saying nobody makes that selling weed because plenty of people do. But I'm inclined not to believe there are plenty of 15 year olds making that kind of money slinging eighths in a small Swedish city. The coke numbers you mentioned are on point though, but coke is a very different business.

$5k per week puts you in the top 5% in the US? Yeah but the rest of that 5% ain't risking their freedom to earn that money.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 05:08 AM

You're risking your life, there is a big chance that you get killed or end up in jail for life.. The money has to be better in order to be worth it.

Dont get me wrong, 5k a week is nice money, but im thinking about Cosa Nostra members from NY making that money in a week is not good, that is bad. But for otheres like the youngins here in sweden, its good money. But as far as Cosa nostra members, nah thats not good.

Btw its the 15-20 years old who sells it in grams. The older dudes sells it to them in kilos then they sell it in grams. 25-30 years old selling in grams its unusual here, i dont know about there in the US

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: DuesPaid

Agree and even less.... If they have something going on or assigned to a project for someone, then they are doing well. Otherwise they are working and trying to earn other ways as well.

And hopefully they do not have many vices, drug addiction and gambling’s can result in Brokester status for sure.

In this day and age its a uphill challenge to say the least.

I forgot about the lifestyles that some of these guys live. Yeah a gambling addiction or drug addiction can leave a guy with a brokester status.

Vinny Basciano was a big earner but also a big gambler, he left his family with next to nothing when he went away because he was a degenerate gambler. Same thing with Jackie D'Amico, big earner but a degenerate gambler which makes him a brokester.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo
I grew up with the ponte's. Angelo's late brother Frank's grandkids house was a second home to me. Let me tell you something right now... Hundreds of millions between all American recycling and recycle paperboard. Forget bareli's in secaucus or f. Ili ponte on debrosses and the west side. Stupid money.

I didn't know there was so much money in recycled paperboard.
Posted By: BennyB

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 03:53 PM

I think there is some flawed reasoning in this thread that goes like this:"Why would someone risk going to prison or getting killed for $50,000 per year?" --> "They take the risk because they will be making much more money than that and because they grew up very poor." This is wrong...

First off, almost all wiseguys did not grow up poor. They grew up in working class neighborhoods where their classmates went on to be mailmen, electricians, doctors or businessmen. They always had food and a private home - that's not poor.

Second, they didn't choose this life to become rich, they chose it so they wouldn't have to work hard. Lucky Luciano said something like: "I have never been a crumb, and if I had to be a crumb, I would rather be dead." The start of goodfellas says basically the same thing...

And finally, people are made for different reasons. Many guys are made because they are good earners. These are the guys making a quarter million or half million bucks a year. Other guys are made because they are loyal and killed someone or because their relative is a big shot. This varies a lot among the families too.

I think there are a lot of made guys who don't make that much money. There are even more who spend more than they make. As someone who currently lives in NYC, $250,000 is a lot of money or just a little money - depending on your lifestyle. If you read a lot of mafia books, you will come across many stories of these guys being completely broke...

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 04:55 PM

To be broke is one thing and to make not so much money is another.

When the heroin epedemic was here in Sweden between 2000-2005 you had where i live the albanians making millions, i mean in dollars. Noone of them has money left because of their gambling addiction, and some drug/prostitute addiction. It doesnt matter if you make a mill a week if you are a gambler your are going to lose it all. Thats why i think these Cosa Nostra members makes more money than 5k a week but they dont have so much maybe cause they are gamblers many of them

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 08:46 PM

It's not about the $ with these guys.They live a very high risk lifestyle almost everyday some of these guy do something that could get them killed

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 09:47 PM

Yeah i think it's the all lifestyle of being a gangster it's what attract most of them

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/09/18 09:49 PM

So it's not only about the money.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/10/18 02:53 AM

[quote=MeyerLansky]So it's not only about the money.
[/qu

Most cases yes but not all.

You need to take bits and pieces from others above.

It’s not black & white ( meaning easy to understand or just a few simple facts fit all situations).

It not one reason ( meaning he comes from a rich or poor family connected or not).

It’s usually who ya know and how the relationship develops.
Other times its the only option for the opportunity for quick cash and become included.

Sometimes its the individual, its an incredible high walking into a score or a target knowing what is going to happen and not knowing what is going to happen.

After doing something like this successfully, the next times are easier and easier and they feel more and more indestructible and stronger. Then its not the money, its the Power and those are the ones who advance quickly and eventually get the big bucks.

But for how long?

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/10/18 03:06 AM

These guys live very high risk lifestyles.Some of them risk their lives almost everyday

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/10/18 03:15 AM

I grew up with the ponte's. Angelo's late brother Frank's grandkids house was a second home to me. Let me tell you something right now... Hundreds of millions between all American recycling and recycle paperboard. Forget bareli's in secaucus or f. Ili ponte on debrosses and the west side. Stupid money.

Bobby, how is Bareli's? I'm gonna be in that area soon and figured I would give it a try, but I'd be open to any recommendations you have since you clearly know the area real well.

Also, I think the Ponte's on the West Side Highway is closed now.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/10/18 03:29 AM

Bobby, how is Bareli's? I'm gonna be in that area soon and figured I would give it a try, but I'd be open to any recommendations you have since you clearly know the area real well.

According to their facebook page, they are still open.

https://www.facebook.com/Pontes-Restaurant-128093860571624/

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/10/18 03:46 AM

Yeah if you look at the page the latest message is from June and they were closed, but I'm glad that they say they will be re-opening. I went past there a few weeks ago and there was a lot of construction going on so I assume that's why they've been closed.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/10/18 04:25 AM

Yeah if you look at the page the latest message is from June and they were closed, but I'm glad that they say they will be re-opening. I went past there a few weeks ago and there was a lot of construction going on so I assume that's why they've been closed.

Yeah Anthony Ponte says on that facebook page it is temporarily closed because of construction in the area.
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/10/18 10:25 PM

No Way..those days are gone..maybe only if they're a Boss
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/10/18 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: BennyB
I think there is some flawed reasoning in this thread that goes like this:"Why would someone risk going to prison or getting killed for $50,000 per year?" --> "They take the risk because they will be making much more money than that and because they grew up very poor." This is wrong...

First off, almost all wiseguys did not grow up poor. They grew up in working class neighborhoods where their classmates went on to be mailmen, electricians, doctors or businessmen. They always had food and a private home - that's not poor.

Second, they didn't choose this life to become rich, they chose it so they wouldn't have to work hard. Lucky Luciano said something like: "I have never been a crumb, and if I had to be a crumb, I would rather be dead." The start of goodfellas says basically the same thing...

And finally, people are made for different reasons. Many guys are made because they are good earners. These are the guys making a quarter million or half million bucks a year. Other guys are made because they are loyal and killed someone or because their relative is a big shot. This varies a lot among the families too.

I think there are a lot of made guys who don't make that much money. There are even more who spend more than they make. As someone who currently lives in NYC, $250,000 is a lot of money or just a little money - depending on your lifestyle. If you read a lot of mafia books, you will come across many stories of these guys being completely broke...

Best post in the thread. A lot of these guys are attracted to the life and the perks they get by being a gangster. They want to earn and not everyone is cut out for 9-5 corporate America life, so they take the easy way out.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/11/18 07:15 AM

Joseph Campanella made 5k a week. Wild Bill Cutolo collected 125k a week. And we all know the Martino and Locascios who are worth tens of millions. Johnny G Gambino Soldier at his height prolly made 20k a week.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/11/18 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Louiebynochi
Joseph Campanella made 5k a week. Wild Bill Cutolo collected 125k a week. And we all know the Martino and Locascios who are worth tens of millions. Johnny G Gambino Soldier at his height prolly made 20k a week.

$125k per week? That would make it $6 million per year.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/12/18 02:14 AM

I'm reading the Valachi Papers at the moment and he was making several thousand a week from numbers and shylocking. That was big money back in the 30s. He was just a soldier. I know it goes without saying but the bosses back then must have been rolling in dough.

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/12/18 02:39 AM

I'm reading the Valachi Papers at the moment and he was making several thousand a week from numbers and shylocking. That was big money back in the 30s. He was just a soldier. I know it goes without saying but the bosses back then must have been rolling in dough.

A big In = big bucks.
He was promised into marriage to a very well connected guys daughter named Petrelli. A soilder of Messaria, who eventually became a Capo for Luciano. After the war many huge earners were reassigned and kept on.

It’s who ya Know.
Posted By: DB

Re: How much does the average soldier earn? - 01/12/18 04:39 PM

The Pontes restaurant in TriBeCa is closed

I’m pretty sure they did a monster deal with a hotel developer on that property ( over $100m I think )

Perhaps they will re open it in the hotel which would be a great move

These guys are legit today as there’s no reason to do something stupid as there are numerous tens of million $ deals being done with similar stake holders . Massive construction deals are just booming for former west side connected guys as they have the relationships to get things done and I’m sure they are involved in JC too . I wonder when the last big construction bust happened ? Long time & thats cuz it’s legit as if they weren’t the feds would of busted them already as right now there are billion+ of work/deals . The hold in cement and garbage is long gone but on the level GC work might be at 80d level. That’s a just a guess but no reason for the shady dealings anymore as they have the clout and relationships to win deals on the level. Even when they were doing the shady shit in the 80s where they paid cash to get juicy deals or information , everyone does that , even today. Maybe it’s not cash but it’s $1000 dinners , super bowl tickets , vacation boon doggles etc. They took the violence out of it and almost no busts as a result
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET