Home

Mobsters come back after long sentences

Posted By: furio_from_naples

Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/20/17 03:56 PM

What happen when a mobsters come back after a long sentence ? Madonna was made and climb the rank,peter limone becomed boss while long john martorano was killed 3 y after been released. So what would happen while Carneglia and Gene Gotti will go out ?
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/20/17 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
What happen when a mobsters come back after a long sentence ? Madonna was made and climb the rank,peter limone becomed boss while long john martorano was killed 3 y after been released. So what would happen while Carneglia and Gene Gotti will go out ?

Nothing..If they're smart they'd stay home. Nothing is the same, They're fish out of water.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/20/17 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Beenaround

Nothing..If they're smart they'd stay home. Nothing is the same, They're fish out of water.

So no prize for Gene Gotti that get 50 y cause his brother ? Limone was 65 y but returned to life even the 20 milions.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/21/17 12:08 AM

You get some envelopes which get you on your feet and a welcome home party. If you were well liked and considered reliable, some family members will plug you into some rackets they are working on, but you aren't entitled to much just based on time served.
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/21/17 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Beenaround

So no prize for Gene Gotti that get 50 y cause his brother ? Limone was 65 y but returned to life even the 20 milions.

Neutrally speaking, I'm not quite sure what you even imagine the "prize" may be. He's 72. You really think people are waiting to fall in line?

Frankly speaking, he got 50 years for dealing heroin behind everyones back, he did the 50 years. Nobody took it personally that he was trafficking, nobody came after him over it, most liked Gene and told him to lam when the sentencing came down. But he did the time he earned for something everyone would have told him not to do. Nobody is waiting to fall in line being a truck hijacking heroin dealer from the late 80's who never advanced his criminal enterprises past entry to mid-level scores outside of drugs.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/21/17 08:58 AM

Allday27 what about madonna ? He was a drug dealer too but become acting boss of lucchese family and Peter limone that was a low level made man become the Patriarca boss.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/21/17 10:11 AM

And what about nicky corozzo ? Is he out already ?
Will he be back on the streets ?
I wonder if he wiil try to be in top positions in the family or just back to be capo at his crew...

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/21/17 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky
And what about nicky corozzo ? Is he out already ?
Will he be back on the streets ?
I wonder if he wiil try to be in top positions in the family or just back to be capo at his crew...

Nope. He will wait until 2020. When he wIll be 80 years old.
Posted By: Jeremythejew

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/21/17 03:50 PM

few examples of ppl that got admin spots after prison terms:
- sonny franzese
- Rastelli
- Persico
- Galante (kind of)

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/23/17 08:44 PM

I'd say in respect to Matty Madonna he seems to have been on a short list of independently important people in regards to trafficking. Gene ran heroin with the Ruggiero brothers, Madonna inherited his brother Frank's already functional drug empire and became the narcotics arm of the entire Lucchese Family. He was the sole source to Nicky Barnes who is credited with "introducing" heroin to Harlem.

While I agree that certain longtime prisoned members are key factors to certain families, I'm not sure the comparison to Madonna can be made to Gene Gotti. I don't think he is in line for any type of leadership role in any scenario. I feel the Gotti name is not a well reputed one (for the most part) and the idea that part of the Gambino family would be handed back to Gene after years of wrestling leadership away from the Gotti's isn't something in my estimation that seems logical when they can continue to shuffle leadership through this Zips and let the Sicilian faction control the family through guys like Cefalu and Cali. IMO.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/24/17 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: AllDay27
I'd say in respect to Matty Madonna he seems to have been on a short list of independently important people in regards to trafficking. Gene ran heroin with the Ruggiero brothers, Madonna inherited his brother Frank's already functional drug empire and became the narcotics arm of the entire Lucchese Family. He was the sole source to Nicky Barnes who is credited with "introducing" heroin to Harlem.

While I agree that certain longtime prisoned members are key factors to certain families, I'm not sure the comparison to Madonna can be made to Gene Gotti. I don't think he is in line for any type of leadership role in any scenario. I feel the Gotti name is not a well reputed one (for the most part) and the idea that part of the Gambino family would be handed back to Gene after years of wrestling leadership away from the Gotti's isn't something in my estimation that seems logical when they can continue to shuffle leadership through this Zips and let the Sicilian faction control the family through guys like Cefalu and Cali. IMO.

What I wanted to say is that since many gangsters have lost years in jail without opening their mouths, I think that the new generations must at least recognize their sacrifice for the "family". Maybe at 72 years old Gene will only want to enjoy any money put aside, and anyway among all the Gottis Gene is the only that deserves respect.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/25/17 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeremythejew
few examples of ppl that got admin spots after prison terms:
- sonny franzese
- Rastelli
- Persico
- Galante (kind of)

All of u are reading too much into LCN myth/ well the good old days

The reality is nobody gives a shit if Gene has done X amount of yrs. yes they might show him some respect but it’s all to do with MONEY & if he steps on toes- there’ll be a problem

And believe me nobody enjoys having to share their money. Unless it’s guys that do kick up out of fear ie Galante came out after 20yrs and strongarmed his way into the rackets

Only reason he got away with it for some time was fear/ had nothing to do with how much time he did or how he kept his mouth shut

Now IF that does play a part- again it boils down to “how useful is this guy” perhaps Gene can be of use (when I say useful- what I mean is if he can make me money)

Rusty was only respected because he had guys on the streets who were still loyal to him

If Carmine Persico was released tomo, I’ve heard he has a lot of blood relatives on the streets. Therefore he’ll fit right in due to that connection

So it all boils down to- how much “connection” does Gene or anyone who comes out have with the streets

My bet is he’s been away so long he doesn’t even know most of the guys who were obviously babies at the time when Gene went away

And even if he does know them, how friendly was he with them/ loyal towards him?
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/25/17 02:34 AM

From what I understand obviously if a guy is a skipper or higher he most likely will have a acting overseeing his rackets . There for remaining respected.

But in the case the guy is a soldier or was a replaced skipper with inside knowledge of family rackets that some are in place for decades and the guy in the joint keeps his mouth shut weather from other families that could move in or L/E getting details about these big rackets then the family will keep there guys relevant or as you say respected,

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/25/17 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
From what I understand obviously if a guy is a skipper or higher he most likely will have a acting overseeing his rackets . There for remaining respected.

But in the case the guy is a soldier or was a replaced skipper with inside knowledge of family rackets that some are in place for decades and the guy in the joint keeps his mouth shut weather from other families that could move in or L/E getting details about these big rackets then the family will keep there guys relevant or as you say respected,

Good point Serpiente. But for my curiosity why Peter Limone a low level soldier becamed boss after 33 y in prison ?
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/25/17 10:57 AM

Because there’s simply not that many of them- they’re not a hire family in terms of numbers. and he maintained contact with the streets supposedly

Not to mention who knows, in this day and age who wants to be boss. That’s no. target for FBI

Everyone just wants to make their money and keep their heads down

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/25/17 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: AllDay27

What I wanted to say is that since many gangsters have lost years in jail without opening their mouths, I think that the new generations must at least recognize their sacrifice for the "family". Maybe at 72 years old Gene will only want to enjoy any money put aside, and anyway among all the Gottis Gene is the only that deserves respect.

I can't fathom what makes you think that. I understand the "concept" but you need to come to terms with the reality of much of what is being discussed. If you were 20-30 right now, what does "recognize the sacrifice for the Family" mean in honesty to you? I'm sure he'll get some handshakes and some empty baseless compliments. In that respect he'll have his ego stroked publicly at bars and restaurants, but as far as fall in line behind him criminally, I think the question in fairness is kind of laughable. He was a lower level guy in a well known crew 40 years ago, the crew is LONG gone, the power has shifted away from his former faction. Almost nobody he knew well is active, I think it's a safe assumption Gene Gotti is a non-factor to anyone he could have ever hurt. He kept his mouth shut the whole time, he poses no threat to anyone as far as information goes.

Food for thought on Peter Limone.... The FBI got caught pinning a murder on mobsters, that settlement was over $100M.... I think his chunk of that money, along with his age when released made him a power player. If Gene Gotti or Carmine Persico got out and wanted to sprinkle their $33M share of a $100M+ settlement around to younger mobsters or out on the street, I'm sure they too would be assigned a designation and made to seem upper echelon when it's quite possible Limone could have been a glorified bank in those last years used mostly for the liquidity he offered.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/25/17 07:17 PM

Allday27 I think that if you dont get respect or had done 20-30 y so why do it ? Ronnie Trucchio get life why he dont flipped ? For the honour? Maybe gene gotti thinked that one of his brothers would live until he would come out and for sure junior would had some $$$ for the uncle. I dont think that the patriarcas used limone as a bank;he get 20 milions but turned back to life maybe he done what ligambi did for the philly mob.
Posted By: Biggie

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/26/17 02:12 AM

Furious, enough with this turned back to the life shit on limone,what evidence that u have on that, a bullshit state bookmaking case that a zillion people are mentioned in? Boss? I guess, what that meant , I never believed in it, and I’m here bud, boots on the ground..respected ya when he came home very, did 33 unfair years and did his time well, so he was respected..then..As time wore on...illl leave it at that...but as far as getting back into life, as u say, he wasn’t sitting directing shake downs and setting policy or anything..sure he sipped espressos with his own personal friends, occasionally a wise guy or two, but show me evidence that it was more than that, tell me incidences ..cuz I’ll tell u other guys did a ton of time too, and they didn’t have the pot of gold at end of their rainbow, so if u think those men were kicking up to boss peter u r sadly romantically mistaken it to be like the movies, didn’t happen

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/26/17 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Biggie
Furious, enough with this turned back to the life shit on limone,what evidence that u have on that, a bullshit state bookmaking case that a zillion people are mentioned in? Boss? I guess, what that meant , I never believed in it, and I’m here bud, boots on the ground..respected ya when he came home very, did 33 unfair years and did his time well, so he was respected..then..As time wore on...illl leave it at that...but as far as getting back into life, as u say, he wasn’t sitting directing shake downs and setting policy or anything..sure he sipped espressos with his own personal friends, occasionally a wise guy or two, but show me evidence that it was more than that, tell me incidences ..cuz I’ll tell u other guys did a ton of time too, and they didn’t have the pot of gold at end of their rainbow, so if u think those men were kicking up to boss peter u r sadly romantically mistaken it to be like the movies, didn’t happen

http://gangsterreport.com/crazy-like-a-f...ses-away-at-83/

Maybe he wasn’t so crazy after all. New England mafia don Peter (The Crazy Horse) Limone died early this week of cancer at 83, having successfully avoided going back to prison after being sprung nearly two decades ago following serving over 30 years on a wrongful murder conviction and allegedly jumping back into Patriarca crime family affairs with both feet. Hailing from the crime family’s Boston faction, Limone reportedly was named consigliere of the Patriarca clan in 2002 and bumped up to the boss’ chair in 2009.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/27/17 05:08 AM

Reportedly..in an Internet blog..good evidence..I don’t even know why I bother. U win

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/27/17 07:21 AM

As far as Gene Gotti is concerned he still has two brothers who are members of the gambino family. Also his two nephews are associates. Some of the old Gotti crew are still active/semi active too like Tommy Cacciopoli, Jackie D'Amico and Lenny DiMaria, not to mention all the guys that were made by Gotti. He could do like Limone did:

"In that time, prosecutors said, Limone returned to the same neighborhood and met with some of the same people he knew when he was rising through the ranks of La Cosa Nostra. He was regularly seen at a butcher shop and a coffee shop in the North End, receiving visits from convicted members of the Mafia, according to court records."
http://archive.boston.com/news/local/mas..._prison/?page=2

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/27/17 07:23 AM

Reportedly..in an Internet blog..good evidence..I don’t even know why I bother. U win

Yet a year after his legal victory, Mr. Limone was back in court facing charges that he operated a ring that raked in hundreds of thousands of dollars in gambling profits.

Stephen Johnson, a retired Massachusetts State Police detective lieutenant, said Mr. Limone was alleged to be the acting boss of the New England Mafia in 2008 when he and another trooper approached him at a charity event with a warrant that allowed them to search him and his Medford home for possible evidence of gambling, loan sharking, and extortion.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostong...80cKVP/amp.html
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/27/17 07:45 AM

So gene could be the boss ?? How the sicilian faction will let this happen ?
The gambinos already have cali as boss

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/27/17 07:53 AM

I don't think that's what anyone is arguing. New England is a smaller family whose leaders were all in jail when alimony became acting boss. The Gambinos have a stable administration their top guys all on the street.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/27/17 10:52 AM

Sogenius who was the boss from 2009 until Dinunzio was released from prison?

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/27/17 01:38 PM

Your sister was boss that's who...u don't get the dynamic up here ..its over..there is no structure, hasn't been, there certainly wasn't then ..no way in hell the other guys who did a zillion years were going on Peters direction as boss..respect, yes , but as underlining no..u said he got involved in the raclets.and ither than an extremely minor gaming case , it's all talk , nothing else ..

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/27/17 01:55 PM

Your sister was boss that's who...u don't get the dynamic up here ..its over..there is no structure, hasn't been, there certainly wasn't then ..no way in hell the other guys who did a zillion years were going on Peters direction as boss..respect, yes , but as underlining no..u said he got involved in the raclets.and ither than an extremely minor gaming case , it's all talk , nothing else ..

Oh, I believe was that cocksucker of your mother, Biggie.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/27/17 02:48 PM

good one furio, u win again

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/28/17 11:28 AM

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/28/17 04:24 PM

great chart..must be accurate...Charles spagnolo says it all..
Posted By: pmac

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/29/17 03:46 AM

Biggie i like your posts. Who cares its the internets. That guy who was ray jr first undeboss always intrigued me intaso. Je died. Grasso was next the genovese undrmined and got him whacked by that guy milano who he proposed for induction to piss of the springfield guys. They got the last laugh.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/29/17 04:49 AM

Pmac, true, been in a aggravated mood and broke balls. It is the Internet I should no better...furio, my apologies...and yes, Springfield was a srep ahead in that one
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/29/17 05:22 AM

Furio I dont know where you got that chart from, but Mark Rossetti as acting consigliere, no way. I dont know much about NE LCN, but i know he was no higher than acting skipper if that, I read his book it was total bullshit. Any other beantown posters able to weigh in on this?

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/29/17 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211

Furio I dont know where you got that chart from, but Mark Rossetti as acting consigliere, no way. I dont know much about NE LCN, but i know he was no higher than acting skipper if that, I read his book it was total bullshit. Any other beantown posters able to weigh in on this?

I tok it from blackhand forum and only because I was saying that Limone was the boss from 2009. Black hand forum made good and reliable charts so I posted it.

Re: Mobsters come back after long sentences - 12/29/17 02:34 PM

mikey, rosetti never wrote a book, you are thinking of the jerkoff silverman, who if the writer fact checked for 10 minutes would have nailed silverman in 30 lies..marked card or some shit, first lie, his making ceremony, ahaha, jewish guy btw,year time frame was 1996, he said bobby luisi (who we know wasn't allegedly made until philly fleeced his pockets much later)took him to get made with sonny boy Rizzo at a basement in revere or some shit...so lets get this straight, sonny Rizzo, in his mid 80s, was made in the fuckin 40s, and he is running a ceremony to make a 30 year old jew? ...but here is the kicker..fuckin sonny was in the can in 1996 ahaha...anyway, you got the wrong mark...my whole point to this boss stuff and title stuff is this..you got to understand the dynamics, an its clear you may have to be up here to see what I mean..peter did his time, a ton of it, didn't have to..BUT...some others guys did a ton of time too..and those guys frown upon how and who helped peter break free and more importantly peters relationship with those helper(s) after he got out..so..ok.. he had a boss title..with a big chunk of guys supposedly under him who wouldn't even say hello to him if they saw him...hence my comments in that he wasn't setting agendas, holding sits or anything other than playing around with aminor gambling ring and using CD as a go between..neither here or there, peter long gone now..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET