Home

Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded

Posted By: Ryan98366

Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 03:44 AM

http://nypost.com/2017/11/09/court-documents-reveal-details-of-mob-induction-ceremony/

Isn't Paul Ragusa the guy who was with Baldo Amato and was on the FBI Ten Most Wanted list????? He was barely out of jail and now he's caught again????
Posted By: SimonChen

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 04:03 AM

Why was the ceremony happened in Canada?
Posted By: miklo

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 04:42 AM

Is Paul Ragusa a Gambino or Bonnano associate?
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 05:26 AM

This is fascinating and falls into question all of our assumptions...

Haven’t posted here in about a year but had to log in when I saw this. Hope Pizza, pmac and SinatraClub are still around
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 05:28 AM

What I mean was — the smart money was on these guys having 0 influence in Canada anymore. Just interesting to me. Why would Canada bother taking orders form NY?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 05:32 AM

Im lurking. Genovese rat anthony from springfield testified when he was inducted in summer 2003 he went to a steakhouse in the bronx a soldier told him leave all hiss shit at the bar they drove to apartment complex he had to strip down to his undies. He was giving a bathrob and lose the underwwear. They did the ceromony. Just goes to show how far ahead of the game that family is. What are you gonna do hide a wire up your ass.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 09:16 AM

People in prison smuggle all kinds of shit up their ass all the time, so why not? What are they gonna do, finger another wiseguy's butthole to make sure they're not wired up?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Ryan98366

http://nypost.com/2017/11/09/court-documents-reveal-details-of-mob-induction-ceremony/

Isn't Paul Ragusa the guy who was with Baldo Amato and was on the FBI Ten Most Wanted list????? He was barely out of jail and now he's caught again????

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/topten-history/hires_images/FBI-450-PaulRagusa.jpg/view

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Paul_Ragusa

Paul Ragusa
Edit
Paul ragusa

Paul Ragusa

Aliases: None Known
Wanted For: Armed Robbery, Arson
Missing Since: June 14, 1996

Details: Paul Ragusa was a leader of a small gang in New York City, but wanted to be higher in the gang society. He began his own personal "crime wave", and began robbing banks, setting fires, and actually shot and injured a security guard during a robbery on June 23, 1993. Although thirteen of the gang members were arrested, Ragusa remains at large and is now on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list.
Extra Notes: This case first aired on the May 22, 1998 episode.
Results: Captured. In January of 1998, Ragusa turned himself in to the authorities. He's now serving a 19-year sentence.

PAUL RAGUSA
Register Number: 00663-748
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Brooklyn MDC
Release Date: 11/20/2017
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 11:39 AM

Family members of Ragusa went away in the Pizza Connection case.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 12:19 PM

the bonannos need to be some fucked up group to allow somebody to record their ceremony. im sick of this family. they make anyone and anybody over there and the way they do it is all fucked up. guys dont get their fingers pricked..theres no gun and sword on the table

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 12:25 PM

It seems it's an canadian undercover agent another Donnie Brasco lol.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/cong...video-by-police
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
the bonannos need to be some fucked up group to allow somebody to record their ceremony. im sick of this family. they make anyone and anybody over there and the way they do it is all fucked up. guys dont get their fingers pricked..theres no gun and sword on the table

Haha you are funny like the real ralph wink
Posted By: Biggie

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 01:17 PM

I'm not a pro whem it comes to audio surveillance, my guess is a wire up someone ass, it probably wouldnt have great sound quality..MOE, when you stick those gerbils up your ass, can you clear hear them squealing or no?

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/10/17 01:22 PM

How did you know I stick gerbils up my ass?

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/11/17 11:53 AM

Genovese guy that ratted in 2003 said that he first come to a cafeteria then 2 wiseguys took him to another place and ordered him undress and gave him a bathrobe and then he was taken to the ceremony and was made.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/11/17 03:40 PM

You wouldn't want to have a small dick if you were getting made with the Genovese.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/11/17 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
You wouldn't want to have a small dick if you were getting made with the Genovese.

lol lol lol

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/11/17 05:53 PM

How far the rizzuto chokehold on montreal has fallen if there making cops into there crew up there. All assumptions thou.
Posted By: Ciment

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/13/17 08:31 PM

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mafia-initiation-ceremony-details-revealed-fbi-transcript-1647140

Mafia initiation ceremony details revealed in FBI transcript
Posted By: maverick

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/13/17 11:51 PM

Just from what I've read in papers never says "where" in Canada this ceremony took place in . Violi brothers are from Hamilton- Toronto no mention of Montreal in reports

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/14/17 05:01 AM

Sounds like the acting capo zumma was probaly selling a fake button. The gambino guy nicky skins had the philly guy on tape in 2011 talking about his finger bleeding all over the place the guy anthony from the genovese was stripd naked and a gun on table burning saint card. The gambino family made the decav family reinduct the whole family cause they didnt use a gun and blood rite. Just doesnt seem rite. Will see if it ever comes out in trial.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/14/17 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Sounds like the acting capo zumma was probaly selling a fake button. The gambino guy nicky skins had the philly guy on tape in 2011 talking about his finger bleeding all over the place the guy anthony from the genovese was stripd naked and a gun on table burning saint card. The gambino family made the decav family reinduct the whole family cause they didnt use a gun and blood rite. Just doesnt seem rite. Will see if it ever comes out in trial.

Was thinking the exact same thing Pmac..

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/14/17 01:55 PM

If Vito made Desjardins nothing suprise me anymore about inductions.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/14/17 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: maverick
Just from what I've read in papers never says "where" in Canada this ceremony took place in . Violi brothers are from Hamilton- Toronto no mention of Montreal in reports

But they are close to Montreal's Cotronis.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/16/17 11:10 AM

According to gangland news it's Vincenzo Morena who recorded his own induction. No agent.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/16/17 12:09 PM

Here is the article. I only posted the part about the Canada and induction case.....

This Week in Gang Land
By Jerry Capeci
Enzo Morena Makes It Big, With The Mob, And 'The Law'

Gang Land Exclusive!Vincent MorenaOn June 4, 2001, a cluster of friends and relatives gathered in a second-floor apartment in Bayside, Queens to wish then 28-year-old Vincent (Enzo) Morena well as he headed off to prison. Included among those crowded around Morena were fellow members of the the Giannini Crew, a kind of mob farm team based in Queens, at least those members who weren't themselves already behind bars. The crowd joked and told war stories at Morena's "going away party" as he prepared to serve a 51-month stretch for racketeering. Enzo was a popular figure: His buddies viewed him as a "tough guy who was always on deck, waiting to be called into the batter's box."
Since he had already served a year before he was granted bail, Enzo was hopeful that he'd be out by 2004 — or maybe sooner. "This is no big deal," he boasted to his pals.
Actually it was a very big deal. Morena, who is now 45, and uses Vincenzo as his given name, didn't make it back to New York for about 15 years. When he did, he was a big deal to his wiseguy pals, who inducted him into the Bonanno crime family. And he was an even bigger deal to law enforcement officials in the U.S. and Canada who had secretly turned him into an informant.
Enzo Morena, Gang Land has exclusively learned, is the turncoat wiseguy whose crowning achievement was boasted of by the FBI and federal prosecutors last week: He videotaped his own induction ceremony into one of New York's notorious Five Families while working as a cooperating witness for The Law.
Paul RagusaSources say Morena, an Italian national, is the unidentified cooperating witness who was cited last week in three Brooklyn Federal Court indictments laying out familiar mob crimes involving drugs, guns, loansharking and money laundering. As part of that mission, he also helped mob investigators videotape the 2015 Bonanno crime family induction in Canada where he took his own blood oath to the Mafia.
One indictment charges Bonnano capo Damiano Zummo, who allegedly conducted Morena's initiation ceremony, and an associate with selling a kilogram of coke for $38,000 in a Manhattan gelato store two months ago. Another charges Gambino soldier Paul Semplice with loansharking. A third indictment accuses Morena's old Giannini Crew buddy Paul Ragusa with buying a small arsenal of weapons, including three machineguns.
But the sensational aspect of the joint U.S. Canada operation, what acting Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Bridget Rohde declared was "an extraordinary achievement for law enforcement," was the November 15, 2015 induction ceremony of Morena that was both audio and videotaped.
The ceremony was nothing like the ritualistic ceremonies conducted by mob bosses that involved bloody pin-pricked fingers and burning pictures of saints being juggled by inductees to keep their hands from being singed, according to a government transcript. It was not remotely as dramatic as those described on the witness stand by top New York turncoats like Alfonso (Little Al) D'Arco or Salvatore (Sammy Bull) Gravano.
Bridget RohdeFittingly, for a secret organization that has seen its warriors jailed, its boss defect, and its fortunes plummet in recent years, Morena's ceremony was a bland, simplistic affair. It was conducted not by a boss or acting boss, but by a previously unknown 44-year-old acting Bonanno capo named Zummo from Roslyn Heights. But it does contain introductions all around, the familiar "friend of ours" phrase, and a warning that loyalty to the crime family is paramount.
"The reason why we're here is from this day forward, you're gonna be an official member of the Bonanno family," Zummo tells Morena, who is identified as CW-1 in the transcript. "It's already . . . from this guy, this guy, this guy, everybody approved it, so from this day forward, you're a member of the Bonanno family. Congratulations."
"Thank you," replied Morena.
"And now I want to introduce you to John," Zummo continued. "John, friend of ours with the Bonanno. John, Enzo, friend of ours with the Bonanno," said Zummo, who also introduced Morena to "our skipper," and their acting captain, adding, "You're gonna be in our regime. You only answer to the Bonanno family."
Alfonso D'ArcoMuch of the information about the two year investigation, and details of current day mob doings that the FBI and Royal Canadian Mounted Police have gleaned are still under wraps. But a filing in the case against Semplice, 54, who like Zummo, has no prior record and is virtually unknown, indicates that the Gambino crime family recognized Morena as a bonafide "friend of ours."
In the memo prosecutors Drew Rolle and Tanya Hajjar filed seeking to detain Semplice as a danger to the community and as flight risk, they cite several excerpts from a November 18, 2016 conversation between Semplice and Morena to back up the government's contention that Semplice is a longtime Gambino soldier, who viewed Morena as a made man.
In addition, they wrote: "Consistent with his status within the Gambino crime family, the defendant personally introduced the CW to multiple other 'made' members and associates of the Gambino crime family from across the country and around the world."
During the November 18 talk, Rolle and Hajjar continued, "the defendant introduced (Morena) to the 'boss' and 'underboss' of an international organized crime family from Italy who the defendant knew to be 'Gambino guys.' These formal organized crime introductions can only be made by inducted members, and further reflect the defendant's commitment to organized crime."
Tanya HajjarUnstated by prosecutors, but a loud and clear message from their words is that the Gambino family clearly recognized Morena as a "friend of ours" who could be trusted. It apparently didn't matter that the Bonanno family induction was presided over by an "acting capo" or that it took place in Canada.
Sources say Morena's trip from Bayside, Queens to Hamilton, Ontario, was a circuitous one that began with his Brooklyn Federal Court indictment along with Bonanno soldier Baldassare (Baldo) Amato and 20 other Giannini Crew members who were vying for big time roles with the Bonanno, Colombo and Gambino families.
After doing time for armed-robbery conspiracies of a bank and a bar, he was deported to Italy where he lived with his wife and son until 2011 when sources say he decided it would be easier for him to sneak back into Canada than the U.S., and he did so after his wife and son entered legally as visitors.
To make his detection as a convicted U.S. felon a trifle harder to spot, he became Vincenzo Morena, instead of the Americanized version he used growing up in Brooklyn. Sources say he flipped and began cooperating with the RCMP after he was arrested in August of 2014 in a suburb of Montreal as part of a coke smuggling ring.
Baldassare AmatoThis summer, Morena returned to New York to snare Ragusa, who was in a halfway house near the end of a 19 year stretch for racketeering charges that included an armed bank robbery, on weapons charges that could keep him behind bars for the rest of his days.
On July 18, Ragusa, 46, was recorded asking Morena whether he could make "good money" for a murder-for-hire plot that he was looking to give his old friend. After Enzo responded that he could get "a couple hundred thousand" from his benefactor, Ragusa said: "I hope he comes tomorrow."
To stress that Ragusa was a danger to the community who deserved to remain behind bars awaiting trial, prosecutors Rolle and Hajjar noted that Ragusa "further stated that he would stick an 'ice pick' through someone's head."
Lawyers for Zummo and Semplice deny that their clients are either dangers to the community or pose a risk of flight. Zummo is scheduled for a bail hearing today. Semplice gets one Monday.
Posted By: antimafia

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/16/17 02:59 PM

^^^^
I think I found out what happened to Morena that he decided to become an undercover agent (cooperating witness).

Link to cached webpage:

Telegraph-Journal article (cached)

You'll have to scroll down a bit before you get to the article.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/16/17 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: antimafia
^^^^
I think I found out what happened to Morena that he decided to become an undercover agent (cooperating witness).

Link to cached webpage:

Great find, so this happened in Montreal.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/16/17 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Hollander
^^^^

Link to cached webpage:

If you're asking about the location of the ceremony, all we know is that the ceremony happened in Canada. The ceremony could have happened in Hamilton, Ontario. My guess is that, in Quebec, Morena was living somewhere between Laval and Drummondville. He was definitely living in Quebec; so the ceremony could have happened in Quebec.

If you're asking about the drug trafficking--heroin was involved too, not just cocaine--google "Operation J-Tornado."

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/16/17 04:18 PM

I was wrong. Wonder who was the boss an underboss from italy were. Wonder why know one wonder how he was getting in n out of the us borders so frequent. I called a drug bust. If this guy was that close to the brooklyn gambino guy then the feds must know everything going on there qhose the rwal boss ect.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/16/17 04:19 PM

Bad look for the bonannos. That boss mike mancuso has like 1 yr left he'll probaly get indicted again.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/16/17 05:59 PM

Last thing so the fbi and mounties had a a ci in the family why did they expose him. Why not just keep letting him collect intel. So he set up his old queens friend ragusa guy wasnt even out the halfway house after 20yrs crazy buying guns probly from the fbi. Hes toast.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/16/17 10:40 PM

^^^^

Link to cached webpage:

If you're asking about the location of the ceremony, all we know is that the ceremony happened in Canada. The ceremony could have happened in Hamilton, Ontario. My guess is that, in Quebec, Morena was living somewhere between Laval and Drummondville. He was definitely living in Quebec; so the ceremony could have happened in Quebec.

If you're asking about the drug trafficking--heroin was involved too, not just cocaine--google "Operation J-Tornado."

I mean the bust, I thought the induction was in/near Hamilton. Zummo and Morena are both from Calabria I think.
Posted By: Ryan98366

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/19/17 08:39 PM

Bonanno Crime Family:

1. Let in FBI Agent Donnie Brasco
2. Kicked off commission
3. Drug dealers
4. First Full Boss to turn rat
5. Had making ceremony recorded

Nice job boys!!!!

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/19/17 10:28 PM

I wonder whoevers left of the montreal crew didnt have a read on this guy getting busted back in 2014. He snuck back into Canada in 2011 so he must have been hanging around whatevers left of vito rizzuto or sal the iron workers guys. This guy zumma calls im guessing everone left in there montreal bonanno crew then they have a half assed ceromony not even a knife on the table or burnt tissue. I wonder who the capo hes surposed to report back to is, he in nyc or up there? Seems like this guy was coming and going to nyc to montreal freely i thought its hard to go across the border with a felony record weird maybe the fbi was letting him come n go. Did baldo amato propose him from prison.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/19/17 10:41 PM

Don't know how hard it is to visit Canada, but at the wedding anniversary of Paolo Cun trera few years back there was a delegation from NY.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/19/17 10:55 PM

https://theislandnow.com/news-98/alleged-bonanno-crime-family-head-denied-bond/

Alleged Bonanno crime family head denied bond

Quote:
A Roslyn Heights man charged with drug trafficking and money laundering as the alleged leader of the Bonanno crime family was denied bond Thursday in federal court.

Damiano Zummo, 44, was arrested Nov. 8 and charged with engaging in a cocaine trafficking conspiracy, including one sale on Sept. 14 of more than a kilogram of cocaine for $38,000 inside a Manhattan gelato store, and laundering more than $250,000 with business checks issued to a false consulting company, Acting United States Attorney Bridget Rodhe said in a press release.

In a letter to the Second Circuit Court submitted Wednesday, Rodhe said Zummo’s history warranted detention.

“As an acting captain within a violent organized crime family, Zummo poses a particular threat if he were released because of his ability and demonstrated history of directing those who report to him to commit crimes on his behalf,” Rodhe said in the letter.

Secret recordings from a cooperating witness have been submitted as evidence against Zummo, including conversations about family induction ceremonies, physical assaults and police bribery.
“Every Christmas … we put $1,000 to a pizzeria and then we give them the money and then the cops go there to eat,” Zummo said according to the transcript.

“They eat, you know, we treat them good here,” Zummo continued. “They stay away, they don’t bother us.”

Rodhe said Zummo poses a danger to the community and is a significant flight risk as a citizen of Italy where his parents live.

“The defendant’s apparent willingness to bribe law enforcement poses a heightened risk that the defendant will further attempt to obstruct justice by corruptly interfering with the government’s case,” Rodhe said.

Zummo is charged alongside Salvatore Russo, 45, of Bellmore, who allegedly assisted in the Sept. 14 cocaine sale, as well as Paul Semplice, 54, and Paul Ragusa, 46, both of Brooklyn.

Semplice, an alleged member of the Gambino crime family, is charged with conducting a loansharking scheme in which he and others extended extortionate loans with interest rates of up to 54 percent each year, generating thousands of dollars every week.

Russo, represented by Stanley Kopilow, was released on $500,000 bond secured by real property. Ragusa and Semplice, represented by Michael Brown and Allen Frankel respectively, were held on a permanent order of detention.

All four pleaded not guilty Nov. 9. Zummo’s attorney, Todd Greenberg, did not respond for comment.

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/19/17 10:57 PM

Don't know how hard it is to visit Canada, but at the wedding anniversary of Paolo Cun trera few years back there was a delegation from NY.

Is the source for that the Business or Blood book?

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/19/17 11:25 PM

Anti, I checked the book again and it doesn't mention anyone from the US my bad just people from all over Canada. So maybe they were there or not, but I'm sure I read somewhere the Americans did attend meetings in Ontario.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/19/17 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I wonder whoevers left of the montreal crew didnt have a read on this guy getting busted back in 2014. He snuck back into Canada in 2011 so he must have been hanging around whatevers left of vito rizzuto or sal the iron workers guys. This guy zumma calls im guessing everone left in there montreal bonanno crew then they have a half assed ceromony not even a knife on the table or burnt tissue. I wonder who the capo hes surposed to report back to is, he in nyc or up there? Seems like this guy was coming and going to nyc to montreal freely i thought its hard to go across the border with a felony record weird maybe the fbi was letting him come n go. Did baldo amato propose him from prison.

Legally to cross he would have problems but it's easy to cross anyplace but the actual boder crossings especially in Maine it's just a hike down a trail but I am sure they are crossing in vehicles easily .

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/19/17 11:45 PM

I read about some gambino guy like 10yrs ago getting deported back to italy then he went to montreal bought a jet ski and drve it during the summer lake Champlain it huges went there thjs summer goes alway up to montreal its on the ny Vermont borders. About a hour after lake george north. Nice up there big money.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/20/17 12:45 AM

Anti, I checked the book again and it doesn't mention anyone from the US my bad just people from all over Canada. So maybe they were there or not, but I'm sure I read somewhere the Americans did attend meetings in Ontario.

With Vito Rizzuto in Toronto in October 2012.
Posted By: BennyB

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 11/20/17 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Ryan98366
Bonanno Crime Family:

1. Let in FBI Agent Donnie Brasco
2. Kicked off commission
3. Drug dealers
4. First Full Boss to turn rat
5. Had making ceremony recorded

Nice job boys!!!!

And before that, the namesake of the family, Joe Bonanno staged a fake kidnapping of himself, ran away to Arizona and wrote a book about his life in the mafia

Re: Bonanno Making Ceremony Recorded - 07/11/19 07:42 PM

Paul Ragusa was finally sentenced.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/p...sociate-sentenced-72-months-imprisonment
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET