Home

How would Harry Riccobene been as boss ?

Posted By: MobMan

How would Harry Riccobene been as boss ? - 10/26/17 06:19 AM

When I read Phil Leonetti’s book I read that he was in the running to become boss .
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: How would Harry Riccobene been as boss ? - 10/26/17 11:26 AM

Good Question. Other than the Scarfo-Riccobene war I don't know too much on how Harry operated. I know that Bruno gave him freedom as long as he gave him a tribute but other than that I'm not sure if he would have had enough support
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: How would Harry Riccobene been as boss ? - 10/26/17 12:05 PM

I dont think Harry ever wanted to become boss. He just wanted to be left alone. Harry was a southwest philly guy.

Leonetti saying he wanted to become boss, was a reason to kill him and take over his rackets.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: How would Harry Riccobene been as boss ? - 10/26/17 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: MobMan
When I read Phil Leonetti’s book I read that he was in the running to become boss .

That Riccobene wanted to become boss was fruit of the paronoid head of Scarfo sr; Riccobene had his small family and was a huge drug trafficker due the Bruno ban on drugs.If Scarfo would continue to accept the tribute and don't pretend all the riccobene rackets,there would be no war because harry was old (he was born in 1909) and was a old school guy in fact don't had problem with chicken man testa but only with the greedy scarfo.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: How would Harry Riccobene been as boss ? - 10/26/17 07:13 PM

There is an interview w/Harry w/himself saying he had many ample opportunities 2 become boss through the ages but he wanted to just b on his own,hence the peace b-tween him & Bruno & his longevity in the Philly mob..as well as quoting he did not respect nor like Scarfo whatsoever. I think he would have made a reasonable boss given his experience,& seemed a likable as well as a humorous guy.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: How would Harry Riccobene been as boss ? - 10/27/17 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
There is an interview w/Harry w/himself saying he had many ample opportunities 2 become boss through the ages but he wanted to just b on his own,hence the peace b-tween him & Bruno & his longevity in the Philly mob..as well as quoting he did not respect nor like Scarfo whatsoever. I think he would have made a reasonable boss given his experience,& seemed a likable as well as a humorous guy.
Interview easily found on you tube,just type in his name.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: How would Harry Riccobene been as boss ? - 10/27/17 03:46 AM

I seem to recall in interviews with Riccobene that he wasn't interested in being the boss and was "over" Cosa Nostra. If he became boss I'd presume he'd take a laid back attitude towards it and just focus on his own rackets. Possibly the family would disintegrate or maybe a faction would try to take over to gain power.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET