Home

Prison Culture in Europe

Posted By: 2a

Prison Culture in Europe - 10/16/17 07:51 PM

I realize that there are most likely big differences between the prison cultures of various European countries , however I thought it would be better to condense this topic into one thread .

So are there any broad strokes which characterize European prison culture in general as opposed to ( say ) American prison culture ? Are there as many prison gangs in Europe as in the states ? Is it true that rape is less of an issue in European prisons as opposed to American ones ?

I'm especially interested in the issue of prison gangs , since the Brodraskapet is the only one I know of .
Posted By: m2w

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/17/17 07:46 AM

in europe usually there are not prison gangs
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/17/17 10:00 AM

"Europe" is a very vague concept... there's all kinds of countries here, each with its own distinct culture, language, etc. Depends on which one you talking about... Eastern Europe, Western Europe? Italy, Balkans? Scandinavia?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/17/17 11:33 AM

In the European prison the inmates just belong to criminals groups so the prison reflects the order that is out in the streets.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/17/17 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
In the European prison the inmates just belong to criminals groups so the prison reflects the order that is out in the streets.

Also criminals often get involved with other groups like irish mob boss Kinihan who associated with the Dutch and even learned dutch while in prison here. Often they keep in touch after release.

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/17/17 02:03 PM

The film Un prophète I recommend.

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/17/17 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
"Europe" is a very vague concept... there's all kinds of countries here, each with its own distinct culture, language, etc. Depends on which one you talking about... Eastern Europe, Western Europe? Italy, Balkans? Scandinavia?

I'm interested in all countries .
Posted By: Jeremythejew

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/17/17 05:32 PM

russian mafiya basically started in prison aka the gulags.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/17/17 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeremythejew

Vory v zakone. Very interesting stuff, and the "bitch wars" - the old vor vs the new vor who agreed to participate in Penal Battalions for Stalin during WW2, and then got sent back to the Gulags anyway.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/18/17 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Hollander
The film Un prophète I recommend.

Nice film,but its the same that I said: Malik learn from the corsican Luciani how to command but he remain an arab boy and Luciani a corsican boss.

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/18/17 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeremythejew

camorra also started in prison at the beginning of 1800s
i don't know in russia but in western europe there are not prison gangs, not like the american ones

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/18/17 09:09 PM

Has the founding of the EU brought about a more homogenized prison culture among its member states ? Are there EU prisons which are ( more or less ) the counterparts of federal penitentiaries ?

Also what is the racial situation like in European prisons ? Is it comparable to that of certain US prisons in the more multicultural EU countries ?

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/19/17 03:45 PM

in europe prisons there are only a few latinos and blacks are by far less than the states (mostly in france and uk), most of the imprisoned are white
there are several arabs especially in france and several gypsies (especially in eastern europe)

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/19/17 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: m2w
in europe prisons there are only a few latinos and blacks are by far less than the states (mostly in france and uk), most of the imprisoned are white
there are several arabs especially in france and several gypsies (especially in eastern europe)

Do white inmates and nonwhite inmates tend to get along ? Or is there a lot of segregation/tension based on race like there is in many US prisons ?
Posted By: Aces

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/19/17 09:10 PM

Not nearly the amount of prison rape in europe as there is in the US.

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 10/21/17 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: 2a

Do white inmates and nonwhite inmates tend to get along ? Or is there a lot of segregation/tension based on race like there is in many US prisons ?

The blacks and muslims mostly stick together, but nothing like the racial segregation we see in the USA.

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 04/02/18 10:13 AM

UK Prison Gangs

https://www.prisonphone.co.uk/justice-secretary-going-after-prison-gangs/
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 04/02/18 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Malandrino

I agree.. A Russian prison is going to be extremely different from a Norwegian prison, or Portuguese, etc.

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 04/02/18 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by Malandrino

I agree.. A Russian prison is going to be extremely different from a Norwegian prison, or Portuguese, etc.

They take good care of the prisoners in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland. LOL

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Prison Culture in Europe - 04/02/18 11:48 PM

Yeah I've read about the Scandinavian prisons and it's crazy how they work.. Especially in comparison to a gulag lol.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET