Home

Most deadly Mob Duo?

Posted By: Tonytough

Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/13/17 11:28 PM

Name some guys who formed formidable partnerships
ie have to hand it to Gas & Vic- they ruled their borgota with an iron fist and I think they didn't even know each other prior to being soldiers

Whereas Gotti & Angie grew up together- and took over the Gambino family. But don't think Angie played a signifant role in taking out Paul other than acting as messenger

Skinny & Mike... "we're taking over" according to turncoat the Horse Scafidi

Scarfo & Chuckie- both were ruthless and spikeful guys.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/13/17 11:59 PM

For the American mafia, Ricca and Accardo maybe (right now just this example comes to mind, have to think about others).

For the Sicilians, definitely Riina and Provenzano.

To a lessere degree maybe, the Salvo cousins from Salemi: Nino and Ignazio (controlled the tax collection for the government in Sicily). Ignazio was the underboss for Gaspare Casciolo and Nino was a capo in the Salemi family, but due to their position close to the government (especially to Giulio Andreotti), they were said to be more powerful than their boss and many others. They basically lost the power when Riina took over though: Ignazio was whacked in 1992, Nino died of cancer in 1986.
Posted By: Ryan98366

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/14/17 03:15 AM

Big Joey Massino and Sal Vitale. Took over the Bonanno's. Whacked the 3 capos. Whacked Sonny Black. Got back on the commission. Ran things for a long time....
Posted By: americafyeah

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/14/17 03:18 AM

Capone & Torrio
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/14/17 09:27 AM

For the camorra Raffaele Cutolo and Pasquale "The Animal" Barra.
Posted By: pilliano

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/14/17 04:18 PM

Milwaukee phill and chuckie English for the outfit.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/14/17 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: pilliano
Milwaukee phill and chuckie English for the outfit.

You probably mean Nicoletti instead of English. Battaglia and Caifano were also another duo at the time which used the same tactics and Yaras and Patrick also
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/14/17 04:51 PM

The duo that personally did the most hits is Testa & Senter I'd think. Ordered the most probably indeed Capone & Torrio or Ricca & Accardo. Overseas like others already said, no doubt Riina & Provenzano. They killed more people than the aforementioned three duos combined..
Posted By: pmac

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/14/17 06:17 PM

Theres probaly others but with so much published about vic n gas 87 88 89 90 91 they killed so many guys or order hits. I wonder how many vic called with out gas. And they seemed like a duo as they been both proteges of christiy tic and ran together since the became inducted. Sammy an gotti were barely friends untill after big paul died. Chin n lomabardo probaly orderd more hits then vic n gas but theres not many rats talking about it.

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/14/17 06:17 PM

Theres probaly others but with so much published about vic n gas 87 88 89 90 91 they killed so many guys or order hits. I wonder how many vic called with out gas. And they seemed like a duo as they been both proteges of christiy tic and ran together since the became inducted. Sammy an gotti were barely friends untill after big paul died. Chin n lomabardo probaly orderd more hits then vic n gas but theres not many rats talking about it.
Posted By: pilliano

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/14/17 06:44 PM

thanks,that's who I meant.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/14/17 07:00 PM

leggio ,riina porvanzano was one in the same
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/15/17 01:34 AM

Meyer Lansky and Charlie Luciano. Lansky organized the hit squads that whacked Joe Masseria and Salvatore Maranzano for his close pal, Luciano. The hits ended the "Moustache Pete" era and put Luciano on top.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/17/17 01:02 PM

Greg and Salvatore Scarpa of the Colombo family.
Carmine Galante and Angelo Prisinzano of the Bonanno family.
Carmelo Coppolino and Angelo Leole of the Genovese family.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/17/17 04:42 PM

Nino & Roy

Anthony Senter & Joey Testa tongue
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/17/17 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Thanks for mentioning those names. I've never heard of them so I did a little research and found these little bios on them.

COPPOLINO-CARMELO 1907 USA

Alias – Charlie Bananas

Record – Known to have been questioned in 8 homicides, record including Assault,Robbery and Theft.Very little information on him, although questioned in 1934 Bocchia murder. Lived in Brooklyn, and believed active on the docks there. Associated with Angelo Ieole, brother of Frankie Yale. Not listed in the 1963 Valachi charts, may have been inactive or in prison. Died 1984.

IOELE-ANGELO 1897 Calabria / USA 1904

Alias – Yale

Relations – F.Ioele [Yale – Brother].

Associates – A.Carfano, J.Caponi, A.Corallo [Lucchese].

Record from 1922 – 20 + arrests, 1931 Murder, 1931-2-4 Extortion [3], 1935 Counterfeit – Convicted.
The younger brother of Frankie Yale, and a member of his group. After his brothers murder in 1928, took over his Undertaking business and continued under Anthony Carfano. Although never listed as a member by any agency, seemed too well connected not to be. Suspect in the 1931 murder of Edward Grimaldi, and later arrested for extortion with Antonio Corallo. Nothing more heard from him after his 1935 conviction for Counterfeiting. Died in 1968.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/17/17 04:58 PM

Vic and Gas.

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/17/17 05:10 PM

Think there has to be a time period cause it would probaly just be a dozen duos from murder inc. If you say modern era say any duo after 1975 ithink its vic n gas. Killing friends threats to there power rats future rats like they gave no fucks. Killing old guys chasing down a made guy in california whose scared of them and isnt a rat is just crazy beyound belief. Who really had the ax to grind to send a hit team to cali was it vic or gas. Im guessing that guy did something to vic. And all the photos of vic n gas meeting other guys and families. Like al said in his book vic would bring gas to meet chin.
Posted By: AntSamuel

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/17/17 06:18 PM

Meyer lansky & Bugsy Siegel
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/17/17 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Thanks for mentioning those names. I've never heard of them so I did a little research and found these little bios on them.

Alias – Charlie Bananas

Record – Known to have been questioned in 8 homicides, record including Assault,Robbery and Theft.Very little information on him, although questioned in 1934 Bocchia murder. Lived in Brooklyn, and believed active on the docks there. Associated with Angelo Ieole, brother of Frankie Yale. Not listed in the 1963 Valachi charts, may have been inactive or in prison. Died 1984.

Alias – Yale

Record from 1922 – 20 + arrests, 1931 Murder, 1931-2-4 Extortion [3], 1935 Counterfeit – Convicted.
The younger brother of Frankie Yale, and a member of his group. After his brothers murder in 1928, took over his Undertaking business and continued under Anthony Carfano. Although never listed as a member by any agency, seemed too well connected not to be. Suspect in the 1931 murder of Edward Grimaldi, and later arrested for extortion with Antonio Corallo. Nothing more heard from him after his 1935 conviction for Counterfeiting. Died in 1968.

Stumbled upon those names in a C.I. informant report, who I believe was Larry Gallo. The Gallo brothers did not start touching the areas that those two operated in do to fear of being killed as they were heavy hitter's in the war and up to the late 1950's before being semi-retired instead of shelved after the Carfano murder, and were still loyal to Frank Castello.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/17/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Alias – Charlie Bananas

Alias – Yale

Stumbled upon those names in a C.I. informant report, who I believe was Larry Gallo. The Gallo brothers did not start touching the areas that those two operated in do to fear of being killed as they were heavy hitter's in the war and up to the late 1950's before being semi-retired instead of shelved after the Carfano murder, and were still loyal to Frank Castello.

Interesting stuff. Is there a link to that report? I would like to read it.

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/17/17 09:49 PM

I can never understand just take for example vic n gas after they start killing guys why would a member of there family want to be close to them or be around. Just thinking you could be next up. All that rather be feared then loved is wacky. Rather be loved.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/18/17 12:07 AM

Pmac a lot of mobsters subscribe to the Machiavellian principle that fear is a lot more effective. Very few think otherwise.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/20/17 11:56 AM

Wow totally forgot Greg even had a brother

There was NO mention of him in Scarpa Jr's book. Was it ever established who whacked him, the suspects were black
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/21/17 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Tonytough

Wow totally forgot Greg even had a brother

There was NO mention of him in Scarpa Jr's book. Was it ever established who whacked him, the suspects were black

There have been rumors that Scarpa Sr. was himself behind the hit because Sal had caught on to him informing to DeVacchio.
Posted By: tt120

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/21/17 08:14 PM

the londonio brothers aka the bronx bullies

Chris Londonio & Michael "Chunk" Londonio
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/21/17 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: tt120

The same Chris Londonio from the recent indictment (the Meldish murder etc)? Then it would rather be Chris Londonio & Terrence Caldwell today (modern version of the duo).
By the way, is Michael Londonio in the indictment too?
Posted By: tt120

Re: Most deadly Mob Duo? - 09/21/17 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: tt120

The same Chris Londonio from the recent indictment (the Meldish murder etc)? Then it would rather be Chris Londonio & Terrence Caldwell today (modern version of the duo).
By the way, is Michael Londonio in the indictment too?

his brother Mike died in a shootout with the cops 10-11 years ago when they served a no-knock warrant on his home in the bronx. he was a genovese associate at the time in ralph balsamo's crew
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET