Home

Lives spared due to their connections?

Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Lives spared due to their connections? - 08/28/17 03:09 AM

I will begin with Frank Costello's life was saved by Lucky because Frank or Lucky was the one who convinced the other family heavyweights to invest heavily in Las Vegas and Bugsy's Flamingo fiasco.
Lucky told Frank to pay all them back from his own pocket or his life was on the line.

What are some other very close brushes with death?.....Too many of them.
Not dodging bullets type. The ones that got saved from sit-downs.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Lives spared due to their connections? - 08/28/17 05:46 AM

Albert Gallo and Frank Illiano is bigger than most realize. They were marked by the Colombo administration, and the Genovese family sat down for them to be transferred to their family along with most of their crew.
Posted By: JC

Re: Lives spared due to their connections? - 08/28/17 05:57 AM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
I will begin with Frank Costello's life was saved by Lucky because Frank or Lucky was the one who convinced the other family heavyweights to invest heavily in Las Vegas and Bugsy's Flamingo fiasco.
Lucky told Frank to pay all them back from his own pocket or his life was on the line.

I have never heard that before, what families did Costello have to pay back? From what I understood the only person who ever threatened Costello was Genovese. Not saying that you are wrong, but do you have a cite for that?
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Lives spared due to their connections? - 08/28/17 01:28 PM

There had to be a sit-down for Anthony Indelicato; He was marked for death by the Bonnanno administration after the death of his father; Some-how it got called off, and he went back to work for those who killed his dad.

Pete Castella; Ordered the death of Phil Testa. He was saved by someone high up in the Genovese after the death of Phil Testa. Anyone know who saved Casella?
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Lives spared due to their connections? - 08/28/17 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Zavattoni
There had to be a sit-down for Anthony Indelicato; He was marked for death by the Bonnanno administration after the death of his father; Some-how it got called off, and he went back to work for those who killed his dad.

Pete Castella; Ordered the death of Phil Testa. He was saved by someone high up in the Genovese after the death of Phil Testa. Anyone know who saved Casella?

I remember discussing this on the board a while back. Cannot remember the guys name. It was indeed a Genovese Capo who was in Prison (Atlanta) with him when he was doing that 20 year stint for Heroin trafficking. I bet you can find the convo and if so, his exact name is in that convo... someone was able to identify the Genovese guy who served with him in Atlanta...
Posted By: downtown

Re: Lives spared due to their connections? - 08/28/17 02:12 PM

Punchy and Blast , Bruno all saved by Chin.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Lives spared due to their connections? - 08/28/17 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Never heard that before that Lucky made Costello pay the families back or he was in danger. Where did you hear that?
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Lives spared due to their connections? - 08/28/17 07:55 PM

Pete casella got a pass for being involved in the murder of Phil testa
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Lives spared due to their connections? - 08/28/17 09:18 PM

I heard that Lucky told Frank to pay up...Frank said something like why?
Lucky's reply was because, I can help you but can do nothing for our friend Bugsy.

Forgot where I read it but will search the source out.
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Lives spared due to their connections? - 08/29/17 01:13 AM

Frank Lino. A Bonanno Captain. Accompanied the 3 captains, Dom Trinchera, Phil Giaccone, and Al Indelicato to their deaths. It's been said he didn't know anything about the hit on the 3 captains. While they were being shot, he fled; and managed to escape possible death.

There was a sit down with Neil Dellacroce who assured Lino his life was not in danger; but he had to murder Anthony Indelicato; who was also marked for death.

Lino later became a informant; but his connections helped him escape death.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET