Home

Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski?

Posted By: dsd

Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 01:29 PM

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/14370...came-to-an-end/

Is he credible? What is it about claiming Hoffa's scalp?

Although a mob movie with De Niro, Pacino & Pesci should be good.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 02:36 PM

I think he could be telling the truth. He was close to Hoffa, and was an associate of Buffalino. That makes it entirely possible he was the one who clipped him, IMHO. I read his book, the parts about Hoffa seem plausible to me because there are none of the outrageous claims about Giants Stadium or any of that bullshit.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 02:41 PM

He claims he hit Joey Gallo, too. Less likely, but not outside the realm of possibility. Buffalino visited New York often, sometimes with Sheeran.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 03:00 PM

Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 04:10 PM

I read Charles Brandt's book and I found the story very plausible.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 04:28 PM

I also believe he claimed to be in on the Galante hit (Believe it was Sonny Black, Big Trin, Whack Whack and someone else. I think Sonny was the getaway driver).....I could be mistaken that with the Gallo hit BUT, it seems that he wants to claim responsibility for all hits that went unsolved.

Luparelli already claimed responsibility for the Gallo hit I believe and ran to California and the feds for protection.

I also wonder about the Irish guy who did hits for the Genovese. He claimed to be at the meeting with Chin, Fat Tony and, Tieri.
I take this with a grain of salt....The Genovese were too smart to trust such a huge hit to a non-member of the family. Who knows?

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

You think it can be made into a good film?

I know thats not easy to answer.

Was he more with irish mob or Italians?

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 04:49 PM

Like Jerry Capeci said Sheeran's account has the ring of truth.
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 04:56 PM

His name has some legitimate weight to it. He was BIG in real estate. Was Bufalino's guy. Truly is scarce info on him but I remember diving through the internet after reading the Brandt book and finding enough small stories involving the name to seemingly validate much if his involvement throughout the stories of the book.
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: dsd

He was a very loyal hitman/enforcer for Russell Bufalino, who always told him that he should've been Italian. Which implies that he definitely would've made Sheeran if he was Italiano..

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
In.

I also wonder about the Irish guy who did hits for the Genovese. He claimed to be at the meeting with Chin, Fat Tony and, Tieri.
I take this with a grain of salt....The Genovese were too smart to trust such a huge hit to a non-member of the family. Who knows?

Is the guy John Sullivan? Says he got hits ordered by Fat Tony.

Theres also a guy name of Donald " Tony the Greek " Frankos who says he was a mob hitman and that Sullivan passed Fat Tonys hits to him.

Guess what, he also claims to have done the Hoffa hit.

" I pumped two slugs into Hoffa's forehead "

Anyone read his book : contract killer : the explosive story of the mafias most notorious hitman.

Thers also another alleged mob hitman. A Jewish guy known only as "Joey the hitman ".
He also has a book and was an fbi informant.

Both he and Frankos write about the Colombos & Gallo gang.

Joey set himself up to be killed so his sister could get the life insurance. He was dying.
Posted By: JC

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 05:52 PM

Before he got the author to buy into his story, Sheeran tried to get a book deal based on his story that Nixon had Hoffa killed: http://gangsterreport.com/killing-jimmy-hoffa/

Also, his claim as to where Hoffa was killed has been investigated and refuted: http://gangsterreport.com/sheeran-zerill...o-licatas-home/

As for the Gallo hit, after all of the problems that Gallo caused over the years, do you really think that an insult directed at Bufalino, the Boss of Northeast PA, caused him to finally get hit? That makes no sense, Bufalino was a power but I doubt that he had the clout to finally get Gallo hit, basically on the spot, because of an insult. I also think that Capeci has backed off of his support of Sheeran's story on the Gallo hit.

He obviously had some axes to grind in the book and wanted to get one last shot in against people like Tony Pro, who he really did not like. He even said that he was getting ready to hit Tony Pro, a Genovese capo, before the Hoffa hit was ordered, which would have been an immediate death sentence for him and maybe even Bufalino. He also clearly thought that Bufalino was God, which is a little much, as the man was powerful but not on the level of a Genovose boss or a Chicago boss. From what I remember he did admit that the final say so for the hit came after the Genovese and Chicago made some type of deal as to the Teamsters leadership.

Make of it what you will, but good for the author for getting people in Hollywood to think that the story will make a good film, after all that is what matters, right?
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 06:21 PM

[quote=ItalianIrishMix]

Thers also another alleged mob hitman. A Jewish guy known only as "Joey the hitman ".
He also has a book and was an fbi informant.

Both he and Frankos write about the Colombos & Gallo gang.

Joey set himself up to be killed so his sister could get the life insurance. He was dying.

Shit I remember reading this way back. Joey Black. Was his true identity ever revealed?

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 06:52 PM

I can't remember but in the devito/ Nicholson HOFFA biopic who did the film say was behind the disappearance / murder?

If memory serves me,the final scenes are Hoffa pulling away from the restaurant. This scenario seems to be the truth according to all versions I've read.

Tony Pro and/or some Detroit guy called Giacolone (??) being responsible was the version i first read.

But what did the Hoffa film say?

Haven't seen the movie in 20 odd years but it was a goodish film, had to watch it a couple of times to appreciate it though

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 06:57 PM

He was a very loyal hitman/enforcer for Russell Bufalino, who always told him that he should've been Italian. Which implies that he definitely would've made Sheeran if he was Italiano..

There were some connections to the Westies I think via John Francis, ex-IRA.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 08:47 PM

I don't think anybody could bullshit more than kuklinski. I mean he claimed he killed galante, demeo, castellano. etc... Also he definetly made up stories about how he killed people ( the rats story, the motorcycle hit)
Posted By: pmac

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 11:55 PM

Yaeh i dont believe him. The gallo thing was solved. It was that guy yacovelli and his crew.they were never charged thou.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/26/17 11:56 PM

Genovese would have had him killed for shooting gallo in matt horses place. The guy yac was a high ranking member.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/27/17 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Genovese would have had him killed for shooting gallo in matt horses place. The guy yac was a high ranking member.

Unless the west side give their ok.
Posted By: JC

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/27/17 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Hollander

I am sure that whoever actually did the shooting, the Westside okayed the hit. I just really doubt that the reason why Gallo was finally hit was because he insulted Russell Bufalino earlier that night.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/27/17 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: JC

I am sure that whoever actually did the shooting, the Westside okayed the hit. I just really doubt that the reason why Gallo was finally hit was because he insulted Russell Bufalino earlier that night.

I agree that couldn't be the only reason. But I get the impression Sheeran didn't tell the whole truth he still protected some guys I think.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/27/17 04:03 AM

Yaeh i dont believe him. The gallo thing was solved. It was that guy yacovelli and his crew.they were never charged thou.

No doubt a local guy called to the restaurant with in minutes not hours and most likely from the Colombo's like Pmac posted.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/27/17 05:42 AM

How about those other 23 murders Sheeran claimed?
Posted By: Organized Crime Channel

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/27/17 08:45 AM

The fact that his last words on his death bed about Hoffa is the climatic point in the book and whether true or not cannot really be co fimred only by the ones that were there.

The new movie the Irishman should be excellent being that Scorsese is doing it and he is following the book I heard you paint houses.

https://youtu.be/bxLTNBLs6co

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/27/17 12:48 PM

Matty was most likely the one who placed the call to the Colombo's for the hit to go down.

They were all in different families, but these guys know each other in these neighborhoods unlike today , back then as a male you spent from morning till night on the street .

Everyone knew Gallo had to go and Matty was all in when he made the call to the Colombo's.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/27/17 01:22 PM

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/14370...came-to-an-end/

Is he credible? What is it about claiming Hoffa's scalp?

Although a mob movie with De Niro, Pacino & Pesci should be good.

That movie is never gonna happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/24/the-joker-origin-film-perfect-martin-scorsese-villain
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/27/17 01:26 PM

I can't remember but in the devito/ Nicholson HOFFA biopic who did the film say was behind the disappearance / murder?

If memory serves me,the final scenes are Hoffa pulling away from the restaurant. This scenario seems to be the truth according to all versions I've read.

Tony Pro and/or some Detroit guy called Giacolone (??) being responsible was the version i first read.

Haven't seen the movie in 20 odd years but it was a goodish film, had to watch it a couple of times to appreciate it though

Would have been better if that ugly dwarf De Vito didn't write his character as a tough guy in it.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/27/17 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: JC

We will never really know at this late date, but I think it's possible. Why not? Buffalino was a boss. Do you think the Colombos were going to go to bat for Joey Gallo after he started a war?
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/29/17 02:59 AM

sheeran made not have been the shooter of hoffa, from all what i have read it seems to have been sal brugilo [sally bugs] but im sure sheeran led hoffa into the house where the shooter was waiting, hoffa trusted sheeran, that's who set him up.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/29/17 03:18 AM

I don't care he's lying about everything. He got Scorsese, DeNiro and Pesci to make another movie together.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/29/17 10:33 PM

Is a great book full of bullshit. Why would the nyc bosses have a irish union official doing double duty as a hitman. He was already near hoffa in 1972 when gallo was hit anyway that blog guy thom l jones wrote a great peace on joeys murder. The guy luperilli called Joseph yacovelli o and sonny pinto and a group of guys from the genovese and colombo families took him out. So you lie about that hit hes lying about the rest. I thought netflix gave marty like 100 mill to make the movie i think thats a go. Hoffa was also killed by the genovese i believe tony pro ect.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/30/17 04:19 AM

I believe Sheeran is on the level..I tried after 3 reads to find fault but 2 no avail..it all makes sense & sounds on the money,I also think Sheeran is the " big Irishman" Bruno sent down 2 Atlantic City in the snafu w/ Scarfo & comp.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/30/17 11:50 AM

As a rule Italians don't like using others to do there work , including Bruno he would no make drug guys but he would keep them close as associates to the family so another family would not get them.

That applies to Bruno sending him to do a hit on Nick , there always a chance he was sending a message.

But the rumors were flying around that time of some Irishman in the neighborhood and if I not mistaken there was also a problem with a guy Phil had a beef with around the same time those guys were half ass gangsters turn bikers from the Chelsea area .

But Italians like to use Italians.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/30/17 02:04 PM

He was on tv during the senate hearings in the 60tys hes way to high profile to do hits at 2 in the morning in a place he didnt grow up with. The killers were born n raised n that neighborhood. Wasnt that guy frank born in another state. Great book but its fiction.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/31/17 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Would have been better if that ugly dwarf De Vito didn't write his character as a tough guy in it.

The worst part about DeVito's fictional character "Bobby Ciaro" is that he's loyal to Hoffa to the very end. Nobody was loyal to Hoffa to the very end, except maybe his immediate family. Even his foster son, Chuckie O' Brien, was likely in on his murder.

Bobby Ciaro would have been more plausible if it were him that who shoots Hoffa at the end, or if he's involved in setting him up. In that case, he could have been based on Rolland McMaster, Hoffa's Teamster muscle man who eventually turns on him, O 'Brien, or a combination of both. Neither of these two are portrayed in the film, while both played pivotal roles in Hoffa's life, and possibly his death.

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 08/31/17 01:22 AM

The character who goes by "D' Allesandro" (Armand Assante) is based on both "Tony Pro" Provenzano, the Jersey Genovese Teamster boss, and Anthony Giacalone of Detroit.
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 04/29/18 01:45 PM

The Irishman: Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa’s friend and the man who put two bullets in the back of his skull http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...oss-jimmy-hoffa-s-friend-and-the-man-who
Posted By: bronx

Re: Frank Sheeran: is he another Kuklinski? - 04/29/18 05:15 PM

my opinion, he was around ,did some work, but not hoffa, or any other high profile people he said..think he just wanted to be famous after his death.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET