Venero Mangano dead. - 08/19/17 12:49 AM

Venero"Benny Eggs"Mangano is dead.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/manh...ticle-1.3423874
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/19/17 06:28 AM

Thanks for the news SonnyD
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/19/17 10:33 AM

Profile: Genovese family underboss Venero Mangano http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/profile-genovese-family-underboss-venero-mangano
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/19/17 01:29 PM

Damn. Now this was a guy who saw it all.
Posted By: DB

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/19/17 03:33 PM

Love the story on how when Casso told the Chin that Savino was an informant
Benny took Savino down to the basement with his guys and a gun and somehow Savino got out of it . I can only imagine that scene and Savino must have been some kind of talker.

Wonder if the WS used Benny as some kind of a message relayer , adding a buffer between some captains and the administration as Benny was too old and old school to rat.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/19/17 03:37 PM

Rest in pieces.

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/19/17 05:10 PM

First of all I want to preface what I'm about to say by clarifying I know it's one person's word and isn't necessarily true.

But.

Didn't Al D'Arco say in his book that an associate from another family smacked Mangano and lived to tell the tale?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/19/17 11:29 PM

so he was out for almost 12 yrs. i wonder if he was one of them soldiers that deal directly with the bosses. probaly he got out at age 84 thers pics of him probaly from around 2005 think i seen one with urso the acting bonanno boss. so when he got out he was still in pretty good shape hes was standing smiling with a group pf dudes. who the fuck knows. i think that guy leo was acting boss around 2008 and that guy tino.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/20/17 03:57 PM

I don't respect his criminal activities, but you have to admire what he did over Germany in WW2. Those guys had courage. They had to fly 25 missions before coming home, most planes were shot down after between 8 to 12.

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/20/17 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave
I don't respect his criminal activities, but you have to admire what he did over Germany in WW2. Those guys had courage. They had to fly 25 missions before coming home, most planes were shot down after between 8 to 12.

True.

He had balls I give him that.

Beats John Gotti deriding troops during the Gulf War.
Posted By: Regoparker100

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/20/17 04:43 PM

With Benny Eggs gone, who's going to take over as underboss? Johnny Sausage, Danny the Lion or Ernest "Ernie" Muscarella?
Posted By: dsd

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/20/17 07:37 PM

No way was 'Eggs' fulfilling his duties as the Genovese crime family Underboss. Way,way too old and anyway by all accounts he wasn't in good health.

He probably still had the official rank of Underboss but out of 'respect' and a way of deflecting police attention. Which is a Genovese family trait.

Probably out of crime business since he went INTO jail for 'windows' case.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/21/17 07:53 AM

He should be buried in Arlington.
Posted By: Ryan98366

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/22/17 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: dsd
No way was 'Eggs' fulfilling his duties as the Genovese crime family Underboss. Way,way too old and anyway by all accounts he wasn't in good health.

He probably still had the official rank of Underboss but out of 'respect' and a way of deflecting police attention. Which is a Genovese family trait.

Probably out of crime business since he went INTO jail for 'windows' case.

I agree. He was the Underboss in name only. Someone has been UB with the Genovese for awhile and we don't know who.

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/22/17 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Regoparker100
With Benny Eggs gone, who's going to take over as underboss? Johnny Sausage, Danny the Lion or Ernest "Ernie" Muscarella?

The UB position has been already filled for years. Or the Genovese might rotate it every couple years. They sure are smart.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/22/17 01:34 AM

Could it be that Petey Red is the underboss now? He was listed as I believe as the street boss maybe they just got his title wrong.

I wonder what position Allie Shades has nowadays. Capo? Anyone think he could hold the underboss title? I'm not sure how close he and Barney were in the past...

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/22/17 03:01 AM

Do you think chin had named a successor? I mean he new the game i think he did. Who i guess barney he named him acting boss back in like 1990. Chin dies in 2005 everything is broken down rite? Consig and underboss. Maybe they did keep benny eggs as official. We read that larry dentico and more recently almost up to his death mickey d. Was acting underboss. Another thing they always have a 5 capo pannel to help run the family does that mean the 5 capos are stronger then the other 15 or 20 capos. Im gonna guess today theres probaly 20 capos in that family. Like 180 members so 20 would be a good guess.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/22/17 06:16 AM

In Raab's 5 families is write that the Chin only spoke with benny egg and another man with sausage as nickname and the FBI called them the "Chin breakfast club".

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/22/17 04:35 PM

PMAC makes great points.

Remember Danny Leo? He was the Acting Boss and when he came out of prison...he's never mentioned again. Wonder where he fits into Barney's top guys.

Two things have always amazed me about The Genovese Family:

1. Their bench is deep and always seems well hidden and secure.
2. Why they never have a cowboy like Gotti seize control and just take over. The Genovese guys seem to live peacefully together and share power. Or at least that is my perception.
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/23/17 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Ryan98366
PMAC makes great points.

Remember Danny Leo? He was the Acting Boss and when he came out of prison...he's never mentioned again. Wonder where he fits into Barney's top guys.

Two things have always amazed me about The Genovese Family:

1. Their bench is deep and always seems well hidden and secure.
2. Why they never have a cowboy like Gotti seize control and just take over. The Genovese guys seem to live peacefully together and share power. Or at least that is my perception.

Agreed. #2 seems to be because their leadership has always valued the borgata higher than money. Like The Chin didnt care if his captains made more money than him, as long as they stayed in line and followed the rules. He let his men earn freely. The Genovese also let their powerful associates like Ponte earn and live large, and not bleed them to death.

When guys like Casso want to bleed the Lukes' Jersey Crew to death it creates resentment and causes people to go to war and others to flip.

Re: Venero Mangano dead. - 08/23/17 01:41 AM

So goint back to mid 90tys chin broke bobby manna down and made jimmy ida official consig. Little al says he was running the family. When they indict ida and street boss barney and mickey dimino g. As acting underboss after 97 theres abunch of acting bosses main one quiet dom. Then ive read mario g and matt horse. Even that guy artie nigro was indicted as some type of boss and thou i believe he was just giving the orders to the springfield crew around 2005 and they fliped and fucked him. Around that time a wired up guy asks angelo prisco whod he surport for boss leo or barney he says barney. Yaeh there good at the keep the feds and press guessing game. Say if barney is the boss and has been for the last 3 4 yrs how much longer would he need the money guys 60ty and rich. But these dudes are in it for life sometimes you forget.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET