Home

capos who have more power then the boss

Posted By: MeyerLansky

capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 04:51 AM

There are any cases in the lcn of capos who have more connections and money and respect the the boss ?
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 05:02 AM

As far as connections and money go, several. The money that soldiers and captains earn is theirs. They just have to give a percentage to their immediate superior.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
As far as connections and money go, several. The money that soldiers and captains earn is theirs. They just have to give a percentage to their immediate superior.

"Soldiers and captains" You mean soldiers and associates right ?
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 05:52 AM

Soldiers and Captains. Made guys, period. The money they earn is theirs. They just have to kick up a percentage. There was a Gambino guy who I think was only a soldier, and he was stinking rich. He kicked up to the brass and was left alone. He died a couple of years ago. Forget his name. Someone here will come up with it.
Posted By: Strax

Re: capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 09:23 AM

Carmine Lombardozzi,a Gambino capo,he was super rich.
Posted By: DBCooper

Re: capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Strax
Carmine Lombardozzi,a Gambino capo,he was super rich.

He was known as "Alberto", "The Doctor", the "King of Wall Street" and "The Italian Meyer Lansky"

The Italian Meyer Lansky grin grin grin grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmine_Lombardozzi
Posted By: Jeremythejew

Re: capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 03:43 PM

seeing how all three bosses of the Gambinos, Lucchese and Colombo Families are and have been in prison since the 90s, I would say that most, if not all captains of those Fams have more influence, power, and money then them.

which also, answers some of the questions asked before: i.e. why is Peter Gotti boss still?

I believe its because if a new boss would be appointed they would probably be taking a major pay cut. and at the end of the day: its all about the paycheck
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeremythejew
seeing how all three bosses of the Gambinos, Lucchese and Colombo Families are and have been in prison since the 90s, I would say that most, if not all captains of those Fams have more influence, power, and money then them.

which also, answers some of the questions asked before: i.e. why is Peter Gotti boss still?

I believe its because if a new boss would be appointed they would probably be taking a major pay cut. and at the end of the day: its all about the paycheck

Like Vic Amuso, Gotti is probably a boss in name only. But it helps keep the heat off and they dont want to give up the title so their families can still get a tribute.
Posted By: Stubbs

Re: capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 03:53 PM

John Gambino is super powerful, but has never been the boss. Arguably more powerful than Peter Gotti or Frank Cali.

Joey Massino was very powerful in the eighties before becoming boss, since Rastelli was in the can so often.
Posted By: Slick587

Re: capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Soldiers and Captains. Made guys, period. The money they earn is theirs. They just have to kick up a percentage. There was a Gambino guy who I think was only a soldier, and he was stinking rich. He kicked up to the brass and was left alone. He died a couple of years ago. Forget his name. Someone here will come up with it.

Could you be referring to Joe the Cat Laforte?
Posted By: tt120

Re: capos who have more power then the boss - 07/12/17 07:13 PM

scarpa sr... especially in the late 80s / early 90s. he was a boss in his own right. i dont even know if he had official rank as a capo during that time but he had a big crew and did whatever the fuck he wanted. i know anthony scarpatti was his capo for a small period of time at one point
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET