Home

Gommorah Season 2!

Posted By: Homers77

Gommorah Season 2! - 06/15/17 01:09 PM

So Season 2 is on Sundance in the US and season finale is next week....

Kinda disappointed they suddenly switched it in the middle of season to two episodes airing over 2.5 hours to one episode....

But anyway it hasn't happened yet so maybe I will wait until next week when it airs (I already saw Season 2 on phone when someone was awesome enough to post links to watch it ..)

Will discuss next week but is Gennaro's wife loyal?

Btw in the last thread there were discussions on the hottest girls in my opinion it's hands down Gennys wife and the doctors daughter he messes around with in Season 1.... not sure which one I like more but both of them WOW!

But Season 2 is just as amazing! Especially on a flat screen tv instead of a small iPhone lol....

I believe I read Season 3/4 have been signed off on.... has Season 3 aired in Italy yet? I would guess Season 3 will not air in the US until next summer....

But if it airs in Italy and anyone has links it would be highly appreciated if they were posted!!!

Thanks!!
Pat
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/15/17 02:56 PM

Quote:
is Gennaro's wife loyal?

I don't want to spoiler but yes Azzurra the gennaro's wife will be loyal to genny until the end.

Quote:
Season 3 aired in Italy yet?

Nope.Will be air in november of this year.

The only thing I can tell is that will be a bloodbath.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/15/17 02:57 PM

Gennys fiancé is loyal, she's the daughter of the mob boss whose stationed in Rome who does all the construction shit. She's Gennys link to the white collar scams that ends up earning him more money than any of his former friends who believe they're getting rich off drugs. The money he makes with the white collar stuff he ends up sending back to the spanish country his mother had sent him to and where he became more of a heartless, smarter and lethal criminal. And he eventually ends up becoming a supplier to the Camorra clan Ciro runs and its allies toward the end of the season.

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/15/17 04:03 PM

Furio and Sinatra... I agree and understood all of that ....like I said I watched season 2 the first time on my phone....

With the already dark setting it was hard to see on phone especially while on treadmill but I thought I saw something when Genny goes back and his wife is in like little make up room but maybe it wasn't her or was him ....

Will find out soon!!

So sad it's almost over again!!

Can't wait for Sesson 3!!
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/16/17 10:41 PM

its such a good show, i can't wait for season 3 !
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/17/17 12:09 AM

They are still filming S3, it's expected in the fall. It doesn't get more gangster than this show lol.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/17/17 03:38 AM

This series gives new meaning to the old phrase, "See Naples and die."
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/17/17 01:15 PM

Best show Ive ever had the pleasure of watching. The last few eposodes from season 2 are just flat out amazing. The whole dynamic between ciro and genny is great!
Posted By: joestrong

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/17/17 01:56 PM

I love the show, but the only drawback to me is that there are so many murders, then new characters popping up that outside of the main characters, it's hard to keep track of who's who. I hope Patrizia doesn't get killed.
Posted By: satch7

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/18/17 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Best show Ive ever had the pleasure of watching. The last few eposodes from season 2 are just flat out amazing. The whole dynamic between ciro and genny is great!

i got a problem with that, if i am genny, ciro is dead

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/18/17 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: joestrong
I love the show, but the only drawback to me is that there are so many murders, then new characters popping up that outside of the main characters, it's hard to keep track of who's who. I hope Patrizia doesn't get killed.

Patrizia freaking hot, curvy with sexy eyes!!!!!

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/18/17 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: satch7

Genny will allways be a clown to me buddy. Was great to see his mom shot to death too. Best thing he ever did in his life was give up his dad LOL
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/23/17 06:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
This series gives new meaning to the old phrase, "See Naples and die."

Good one lol
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/23/17 06:12 AM

This show and Narcos are the best series out there if you want grit and gore.

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/23/17 11:35 AM

Way better then narcos

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/23/17 07:54 PM

Genny will allways be a clown to me buddy. Was great to see his mom shot to death too. Best thing he ever did in his life was give up his dad LOL

so why were you happy to see imma killed? also genny actions? would this happen in the real world? hell no that was phony mess in a series that is pretty realistic.

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/25/17 04:46 AM

I could not stand imma at all period, and i really couldnt stand the way she treated ciro, i was thrilled to see her go out like that. I completely agree too about it being unrealistic, but it was very entertaining.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/25/17 06:44 AM

@ VegasMikey

You crack me up my man, Ciro was a RAT from the beginning, he gave up the shipment.....and woulda kept sabatoging the clan for his own benefit.....

Even Genny sensed he had to command respect, and not depend on Ciro. But the show did a great job of showing how it's the Families, the clans run by the actual family members that have the most power..... Imma just saw how much influence Ciro had over Genny, who was supposed to be the boss... Contrast this with Pietro who commanded so much fear and authority he had Ciro drink a glass of piss, lol just as a test of loyalty after he lied to the Dons face....

Imma' s mistake is that she didn't pay Ciro the proper respect of a real gangster and true enemy, and KILL HIS ASS ON THE SPOT, lol like he paid HER the proper respect by hitting her....

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 03:06 AM

Its a show full of flawed characters. I cant get behind how Ciro snitched on the shipment in the beginning.. (Which to me was one of the biggest curve balls and unrealistic things on the show). Or his manipulating the kid or killing his own wife. That being said I found Imma unlikeable, genny a fag and pietro scum. Something about Ciro makes me sympathize with him.. Speaks volumes on human nature

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 03:08 AM

He is like a cancer... But that's the whole point. The whole thing is cancer. Amazing shit really

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 03:17 AM

Yeah for some reason I love Ciro but that is the point they show how dark these guys really are...

People always look at my crazy if I mention the show and say Ciro is my favorite character but he killed his wife, was a snitch, got a 16 bf/gf killed and shot the kid he was grooming lol...

It shows it's all about $ and power!

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 03:23 AM

When he walks out of the bar after imma shits all over him and you think he is gonna just take his medicine.... Then you see the guys ride by on motorcycles and the ominous music plays...sums it all up. He did that kid dirty too lol.kinda rough when you got that under your belt but its not as bad as strangling the wife. .

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 08:30 AM

I'm with you, the show is full of people you really SHOULD hate, lol....

Take Malammore, I loved him, until he killed little Maria Rita, then I was like, what the fuck?

Or the Alley Kids, they were actually the most lethal crew, like Genny had a pretty serious gang, even though they were kids.....

@VegasMikey

You really think Ciro giving up the shipment was that farfetched? To me it was very similar to Stringer giving up Avon, using the cops as a weapon to get rid of a rival. This is OLD tactics here, going back to Luckyand Meyer setting up Waxy Gordon, or how they set up Genovese and Galante. Hell, even in a movie like Belly, where the local crew used the cops to get rid of the out of Towners.

People have a this thing where they don't think a cold blooded killer would EVER rat, not understanding the most rational, amoral criminals can rationalize just about anything... I would venture to guess there are tons of numbers ones in jail, who can't figure out how they got there, even if they made no mistakes themselves, and can't figure the angle that their jealous lieutenant betrayed em. Or a spurned ex girlfriend, or a semi-friendly rival gave em up........

Who I couldn't stand was Lellucio, he seemed like such a bitch, lol...

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 08:34 AM

Ooh, and that Rosario dude, Dwarf? I was SO FUCKIN HAPPY when he died!!

Guy hand you a bag with 1.7 mil for a month's work you didn't do, and you STILL fuckin complain? I was floored by the ingratitude. He cuts his dope better? So fuckin learn how to step on the product you idiot, or just PAY the guy to cut all the Alliance coke. They were a bunch of goons really, it's no wonder Pietro ran circles around em.....
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 02:14 PM

Ciro and Malamore are my favorite characters. Stone cold killers have been rats all throughout history. Just kuz you kill don't mean you live by the code... You're actually less likely to in reality. Can't stand Genny... He's a hoe. None of his moves make sense. I don't totally disagree with him turning on his psycho father but choosing Ciro who killed his mother and shot him in the face ? Genny's growth had me starting to fuck with him until the whole Ciro/Pietro decision. He reminds me of the saying, "the streets ain't for everyone, that's why they make sidewalks." But no matter what I may or may not agree with about this show... It is the best show I've ever seen aside from the wire and sopranos. I never thought I'd say that. I never was big on breaking bad. I never liked the street element in that show. I never liked Walter or Jesse ( no disrespect to people who worship the show because Im sure I'm gonna hurt some feelings by saying this). Sons of Anarchy was good but so far fetched as times I couldn't take it. This show is special man. I can't get enough.

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@ VegasMikey

You crack me up my man, Ciro was a RAT from the beginning, he gave up the shipment.....and woulda kept sabatoging the clan for his own benefit.....

Even Genny sensed he had to command respect, and not depend on Ciro. But the show did a great job of showing how it's the Families, the clans run by the actual family members that have the most power..... Imma just saw how much influence Ciro had over Genny, who was supposed to be the boss... Contrast this with Pietro who commanded so much fear and authority he had Ciro drink a glass of piss, lol just as a test of loyalty after he lied to the Dons face....

Imma' s mistake is that she didn't pay Ciro the proper respect of a real gangster and true enemy, and KILL HIS ASS ON THE SPOT, lol like he paid HER the proper respect by hitting her....

CabriniGreen, Ciro can write the Prince 2.0 ! You must think about a camorra view. In Naples the clans born and die fase, Ciro was a rising star a well respected capo zona but the boss prefer the idiot son Genny, so Ciro think "all right would be the Genny's right arm" but again he dont have the respect that deserve like Ciro di Lauro that choosed his son Cosimo and not Amato.Imma wanted to be most men that the other men and like say a song "betrayl his nature and paid for this".
At the end Ciro dont want the power but only the respect,the men respect Ciro because was one of them same thing for don pietro.
For the Prince case;all the capo zona hate each others and for sure the Prince wouldn’t say to rosario the dwarf how cut better the coke.

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 09:25 PM

I actually love Genny now!!!

His dad didn't respect he was a man after he saves his a$$!! And was taking HIS connections and getting it for free and saying OUR FRIENDS...

I still thought Genny was going to kill Ciro but I was also confused.....

Pietro told Malamlore "this is my thing" when he went to meet Genny...

So I thought he was going to take him out..... so how was he not strapped???

Genny may have been a goofball in the beginning ..... but he was a still big and clearly smartened and toughened up and was able to carry his dad!!!! Who was getting sicker....

So that scene confuses me even if he hit Genny when he wasn't looking no way he was gonna win that fight without a gun!!!

Did I misunderstand something and Malamlore was just going to tell Genny that his dad was moving on from his wife lol

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 09:32 PM

All that crazy stuff really happened in recent years, that's why the show is so good. Fact is better than fiction.
Posted By: DB

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 11:00 PM

I think Pietro was going to make peace w Genny but Genny obviously thought he could be killed as a threat to his old man . I'm sure season 3 will clear that up

I liked Dwarf , he stood tall no matter what and remember Dwarf was right bout Prince even tho I liked Prince but Prince betrayed them , not Dwarf . I'm sure Dwarf got a nice cut but his over head must be insane. I actually think this show is better than all the other crime shows , wire was good tho .
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 11:13 PM

Where have all you guys been for the past 3 years in the TV section lol I wish there was this much discussion over in that thread too.

Anyway, can't wait for season 3, pretty sure it's coming out this fall.

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/26/17 11:26 PM

Pietro Savastano is cleary based on Paolo Di Lauro.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/27/17 12:07 AM

Strange though that the police is almost non-existent in the series...It's supposed to be based on the Di Lauro clan and the separatists Raffaele Amato, Cesare Pagano etc but, while almost all of them are now in jail in real life, in the 2 seasons prominent characters have been only killed, but never jailed for life. The rest of the series is probably realistic, but why reduce the law enforcement role in the whole picture? The fact that both "big" and "small" camorristi go in and out of jail all the time, is one of the key elements of their lives. The fact that the camorra is very difficult, if not impossible to destroy, is not because they are untouchable or anything, but because with every boss who gets arrested, a number of others appear immediately afterwards. It's not even like the Cosa Nostra with a commission as a ruling body, but a lot of clans in a disorganized system, like Bloods and Crips in America. Raffaele Cutolo tried to unify them in one single organization, but the attempt failed anyway. So the fact that the police almost never bothers most of the main characters, isn't a realistic thing imo, would have been better if it had been more present. An interesting series though, apart from that element.

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/27/17 12:45 AM

Yo im loving all this discussion and opinions! I just looked at this after posting earlier and I see so many responses. To cabrini I was saying when he told on that shipment it just seemed put of character for him as far as we knew him so far. Of course Im aware there are no rules and most stone cold killers can be rats too. I also agree with Bobby pazzos take on the characters especially

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/27/17 12:45 AM

how Gennys alliances are pretty dumbfounding. He is just a clown though really at the end of the day, some people are just mutts it doesnt matter who's kod u are. Also as far as whoever saying pietro ran circles around anyone... Look at the finale lol.

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/27/17 12:51 AM

Also, for what its worth if we are lookong for reasons why genny turned on his dad.... Pietro killed prince anyway after prince told him he was with genny against ciro. Pietro is just like fuck it I wanna do it my way. Whats left for Genny to care about at that point

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/27/17 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Strange though that the police is almost non-existent in the series...

At some point they get noticed, after all in real life it took years before they caught Paolo, the Italian police had no idea that he was one of Naples’s most powerful crime bosses.

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/27/17 05:55 AM

@Furio

For sure Ciro did whatever it took to obtain power, but what I didn't like was that he didn't just start his own clan. It's what DiLauro did in real life, as well as the Licciardis, and Raffaelle Amato.

I loved Ciros move, when he went to the boss, who was in business with Don Avatabile ( I think?) and basically said " If you don't do something here, Ima go to war with your connect, kill him, and fuck up all y'all business. So he got these two bosses to put pressure on the Savastanos, not only to NOT war with them from the shadows, but to also supply them with high quality coke. He even put the Savastanos in a position where he took away their autonomy, and made em answerable to the alliance. He was SHREWD ass fuck, and pretty smooth talker too. He really knew how to play the angles...

Pietro, and I think Imma knew ( which is why she tried to Used Ciro to get Conte) that Genny didn't have the cunning of this guy, he woulda out fought her son eventually.....

Also Pietro was right, his Democracy didn't work, and I know he died in the end, but he DID run circles around the Alliance, and they woulda never been able to touch him if Genny doesn't give him up...

And actually I don't think Ciro is Amato, CONTE was based off Amato, the Spaniards... Ciro is the leader of the Seccesionist, the lieutenants in the territory who rebelled...

@ Hollander

I actually think Pietro is a composite of Paolo DiLauro and Pietro Licciardi, just from the way they portrayed his attitude on the show, also it follows the dynamic of the Licciardis, where the woman Maria, became the Boss of bosses, like when Imma held the meeting with the competing clans and told em to fall in line or go to war.

Take this from the book.....

“The Licciardi family transformed what was merely a reservoir of cheap labor into a machine for the narcotics trade: an international criminal business. Thousands of people were co-opted, enrolled, or crushed by the System. Clothes and drugs. Business investments before all else. After the death of Gennaro the monkey, his brothers Pietro and Vincenzo took over the militant side of the clan, but it was Maria, known as ‘a piccerella—la piccoletta or the little one—who wielded the economic power.”

ALSO........

“After the fall of the Berlin wall, Pietro Licciardi transferred the majority of his own investments, legal and illegal, to Prague and Brno. Criminal activity in the Czech Republic was completely controlled by the Secondigliano clan, which applied the logic of the productive outskirts and set out to corner the German market.

(Now recall Pietros interest in Germany....)

“Pietro Licciardi had a manager’s profile, and his business associates called him “the Roman emperor” because of his authoritarian attitude and arrogant belief that the entire world was an extension of Secondigliano”

THIS PERFECTLY DESCRIBES THE PIETRO WE SEE ON THE SHOW, whereas DiLauro has been described as kinda, forgive my adjective, " Gambino-ish".. If that makes any sense.

Also, the DiLauros had no such leadership quandary. He had TEN sons to pass the reigns to.

I agree on the point about the police. It's one of the areas I think The Wire was a little better.

What I hope they get into in the third season what they have conspicuously avoided so far... The ECO-Mafia, ( Garbage and waste Extraction) the AGRI- Mafia ( Food distribution and supply) and what I'm going to call the Haute-Couture Mafia that controls the manufacturing chain of the High Fashion industry. They touched on Construction, but that's corrupt everywhere..

Some good shit...

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/27/17 08:10 AM

Also, for what its worth if we are lookong for reasons why genny turned on his dad.... Pietro killed prince anyway after prince told him he was with genny against ciro. Pietro is just like fuck it I wanna do it my way. Whats left for Genny to care about at that point

the mofo killed your mom enuff said....... i with genny until that crap and giving up his father

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/27/17 09:00 AM

Strange though that the police is almost non-existent in the series...It's supposed to be based on the Di Lauro clan and the separatists Raffaele Amato, Cesare Pagano etc but, while almost all of them are now in jail in real life, in the 2 seasons prominent characters have been only killed, but never jailed for life. The rest of the series is probably realistic, but why reduce the law enforcement role in the whole picture? The fact that both "big" and "small" camorristi go in and out of jail all the time, is one of the key elements of their lives. The fact that the camorra is very difficult, if not impossible to destroy, is not because they are untouchable or anything, but because with every boss who gets arrested, a number of others appear immediately afterwards. It's not even like the Cosa Nostra with a commission as a ruling body, but a lot of clans in a disorganized system, like Bloods and Crips in America. Raffaele Cutolo tried to unify them in one single organization, but the attempt failed anyway. So the fact that the police almost never bothers most of the main characters, isn't a realistic thing imo, would have been better if it had been more present. An interesting series though, apart from that element.

This is the only defect that can be attributed to the series. in the real life Paolo dilauro and all of his sons went to jail ,same thing for amato but at the end is a fiction like the wire where the Greek for a reason or another manage to avoid the LE.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/28/17 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

This is the only defect that can be attributed to the series. in the real life Paolo dilauro and all of his sons went to jail ,same thing for amato but at the end is a fiction like the wire where the Greek for a reason or another manage to avoid the LE.

I agree, but in the Wire what surprised me wasn't even so much that the Greek got away (he was a big crime "tycoon" and a sort of "symbolic" character for international organized crime, so maybe him getting away wasn't illogical), but MARLO STANFIELD getting away! I thought: were they kidding? The rest of the series is realistic, ok, but street thugs like Marlo are expendable material, they go to jail all the time, it's like home to them, he wasn't even smart or low-key. Avon in the 1st season says he has never been to jail and will keep it that way, but even he went to jail after all and probably will stay there for quite some time. But him or especially even more clever types like Stringer, at least are useful for other, more powerful criminals, but who needs people like Marlo, unless they smarten up (and he clearly didn't, which is shown by the last scene we see him in)? Usually, if a "Marlo" appears on the streets and stays there for long without changing behavior, the FBI makes a RICO case, sends a number of gang members away for life or 100 years (basically the same thing), then the gang fights for control until another leader emerges and starts it all over again, until another RICO case sends him away, then the same thing again and again....At least that's the impression I got reading news from the USA: street gangsters go to jail all the time, it's just they are always replaced and their number is too large anyway to imprison them all.

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/28/17 02:01 AM

the mofo killed your mom enuff said....... i with genny until that crap and giving up his father
genny is just a clown. The first and maybe last real thing he ever did was give up his dad
Posted By: ChrissyScars

Re: Gommorah Season 2! - 06/30/17 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Hollander
Strange though that the police is almost non-existent in the series...

At some point they get noticed, after all in real life it took years before they caught Paolo, the Italian police had no idea that he was one of Naples’s most powerful crime bosses.

My theory is, and this is just my own personal theory, but the creators of the show had a decision to make in regards to the police. Yes, in real life more people went to prison. But in television they need to have an exciting scene or a big moment. So when they come to the point where someone has to go away, it is more exciting for it to climax with offing the person. The negative with this is that there is no coming back from it. Once they're gone, they're gone. So now there is no chance of those people returning to the show. Pietro getting arrested earlier in the show allowed him to return. Now we don't have the curiosity if he'll return... but, boy that was exciting when he got popped by Ciro!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET